Posted By: Double-J

The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 04:40 AM

...this is for all you haters.
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 05:12 AM

[sarcasm]I know! I love Vista[/sarcasm]
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 05:15 AM

What's your point? 1000s of shitty things are given some makeup and perfume and sent back out there and appear "better" than they really are. That doesn't make them better. It's just human nature for people to (too often) trust what they're being told. Without that trick, magicians would be out of jobs.

*yawn*

Try again.

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Santino_Brasi
I know! I love Vista

Et tu, Brasi? ohwell
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 05:38 AM

Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 05:48 AM

This just shows how dumb most people are.

It's been a popular theme lately. I've seen two restaurant commercials (I think Carl's Jr. and Pizzahut?) where they give food to people in a fancy restaurant and then afterwards tell them it's from those fast foot places. Ta Da!

I used to work in my family's candy store and we had a huge variety of licorice. There was one specific kind that came in two colors called "Black Licorice Nibbles" and "Clear Licorice Nibbles". People swore they had different tastes, which they didn't, and when we gave them a blind taste test they were adamant on which was which even though we gave them the same color both times.

The human mind is so gullible.

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 06:00 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
I know! I love Vista

Et tu, Brasi? ohwell

Do I need to start using the [/sarcasm] thing too?

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 06:05 AM

Do I need to start using the [/sarcasm] thing too?

I would! As long as you don't wanna be put in the Vista-fingering J^2 camp! lol

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 06:07 AM

lol, fine

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 06:09 AM

there
Posted By: klydon1

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 12:58 PM

What's your point? 1000s of shitty things are given some makeup and perfume and sent back out there and appear "better" than they really are.

If you put lipstick on a pig...

Actually, I have to profess my ignorance in that while I've heard of Vista, I don't know what the hell it is.

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 04:01 PM

I say again, I love how XP is now the greatest thing since sliced bread, but was called a piece of shit when it first came out.

I say now, I love how people love Vista when you call it something else, but as soon as someone hears Vista, it's a sour feeling.

Also, fingering is a rather explicit term for this forum, no JG?
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Actually, I have to profess my ignorance in that while I've heard of Vista, I don't know what the hell it is.

I've never used it either but it's obviously HELL! Run for your life Klyd! panic

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

Windows latest operating system. Some people don't like it because it is incompatible with certain hardware and it has a lot of "idiot-proofing" with regards to system operations.

However, I've had zero problems with it on my laptop, it's faster than XP on my comparable desktop, and I like some of the idiot-proofing from the standpoint of someone who always gets called when a friend accidentally breaks their PC. tongue

I'm sure, though, Geoff can voice his own complaints. I certainly understand why people dislike the incompatibility, which is pretty stupid on MS's part.

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 07:28 PM

Faster?? I've only used it now and then on my dad's laptop, which is a fairly good one, but I wouldn't call it "faster" if you know how to tweak XP. tongue

MS totally screwed up with IE7 ...I can't imagine them NOT screwing up everything else.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 07:51 PM

I've disabled some of the AWESOME Vista features and that helps, still runs as fast as a one legged dog sometimes.

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 08:06 PM

Faster?? I've only used it now and then on my dad's laptop, which is a fairly good one, but I wouldn't call it "faster" if you know how to tweak XP. tongue

I don't know. Both of these PC's have a dual-core Intel and 1 GB of RAM, and my optimized XP machine is still slower than my Vista machine...

Re: The Mojave Experiment - 09/13/08 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Double-J
I don't know.

At least you admitted it. grin wink
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET