Home

DVD Convertor help

Posted By: Don Vercetti

DVD Convertor help - 11/24/07 08:42 PM

I have the 6th season of The Shield on my laptop and want to burn it. The problem is they're all in AVI format. I downloaded Cucusoft's program to convert them but it streched the screen and put the website address in the middle of the video in every frame. So I already wasted 2 DVD-R's and I don't wanna waste anymore.

Is there a free program that can just convert these files for me?
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: DVD Convertor help - 11/24/07 08:48 PM

do you have a a mac or pc? yeah, also not to mention what your asking is illegally copying. I have been trying to find a worthy program myself for a mac.

Re: DVD Convertor help - 11/24/07 08:51 PM

PC, and so what?

I download music too.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: DVD Convertor help - 11/24/07 09:38 PM

What format do you need it in to burn it, DV? Is it MPEG?

Download.com has converters that are free to download, and it'll tell you its limitations, if there are any - such as a trial period or whether it'll put a watermark on the output.

Just run a search for AVI to ___ (whatever format you need) converters, and you should be able to find something.

Or if you want, email one of the files to me, and I'll see if I can get it converted on what I have.

Re: DVD Convertor help - 11/25/07 04:25 AM

I need to convert AVI's to DVD files without any watermarks.

Another problem I had is it turned a fullscreen aspect ratio to a widescreen one, stretching the pic a little.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: DVD Convertor help - 11/25/07 05:08 AM

Get a job for a few days, then get ( buy \:p ) Pinnacle Studio in almost any store that sells software -- depending on whether you get the hardware to go with it (to capture from a VCR, for instance), it's totally worth the $40-150 (depending on the version/features you need). It's also great for adding effects, DVD menus, etc, so stop being such a cheapskate and join the American economy already \:p ;\)

Re: DVD Convertor help - 11/25/07 06:33 AM

My expenses are already stretched too thin, swine. \:p
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: DVD Convertor help - 11/25/07 07:23 AM

Then stop paying for pr0n and buy things you could actually use more than once or twice \:p ;\)

Re: DVD Convertor help - 11/25/07 05:25 PM

Maybe I should stop paying you for sexual favors.

You're not worth the 5 bucks.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: DVD Convertor help - 11/26/07 02:58 PM

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

It may seem crappy from the website, but it works great, and converts everything, and its free. I've used it for several lectures/presentations I've made for converting stuff from YouTube (FLV) to either AVI or MPEG4/MPEG2.

You can definitely convert AVI to MPEG4 (DVD), so no worries. Hope it helps. ;\)
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET