Home

Prince

Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Prince - 10/31/07 02:53 AM

So while I was banned from this place I discovered that Purple Rain and Sign O the Times are like the two greatest albums ever recorded.

Any Prince fans in here?
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Prince - 10/31/07 03:49 AM

Not a big fan, but I definitely do think he's underrated as all hell as a guitarist.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Prince - 10/31/07 09:37 AM

Ive not got any of his albums,but ive heard most of his populor songs and "i rate him" has one of the best songwriters of the last 20 years..

Strange chap though..
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Prince - 10/31/07 10:18 AM

My wife likes him!
I think he is ok!
Posted By: goombah

Re: Prince - 10/31/07 12:12 PM

I like the "Purple Rain" album but did not care for "Sign of the Times" when I had it. The rest of his catalog I could take it or leave it. I do admire his guitar work, especially when he pays tribute to Hendrix's style. The Foo Fighters did an incredible cover of "Darling Nikki" earlier this decade.

I lost a lot of respect for Prince when he did all the bullshit with wanting to be referred to as the symbol or the "Artist Formerly Known As Prince." He used to appear with the word "slave" written on his face because of a dispute with his record label. I'm sorry, but a multimillionaire making such a claim is a slap in the face to those who truly suffered as legitimate slaves throughout history.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Prince - 10/31/07 02:19 PM

I liked the Purple Rain album in the mid-80s, and his music was a mainstay at every college party. After that I didn't follow his music. He was always bizarre. Before he was a star, he had a very strange appearance on an episode of American Bandstand.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Prince - 10/31/07 02:24 PM

Is it true that he had 2 of his ribs removed so he could perform oral on himself..
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Prince - 10/31/07 03:42 PM

His Super Bowl performance was horrible
Posted By: bogey

Re: Prince - 10/31/07 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Is it true that he had 2 of his ribs removed so he could perform oral on himself..

I thought that was Marilyn Manson?
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Prince - 10/31/07 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: bogey

I thought it was J Geoff Malta
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Prince - 10/31/07 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
 Originally Posted By: bogey

I thought it was J Geoff Malta

No. He'd need ALL of his ribs removed to reach that far. ;\)
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Prince - 11/01/07 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
His Super Bowl performance was horrible

Oh yes!
Indeed it was \:x
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: Prince - 11/01/07 09:36 PM

I <3 him.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Prince - 11/01/07 09:46 PM

Strange guy, brilliant performer.