Home

Scenery

Posted By: Paul Krendler

Scenery - 04/29/07 09:38 PM

Around ten minutes drive from my front door we have some beautiful countryside. Thought I'd share some pictures of how it looked earlier on today, and hopefully you guys can share some pics of your local area.

Anyway, this is a very small part of Macclesfield Forest.

Posted By: Beth E

Re: Scenery - 04/29/07 09:54 PM

That is quite breath taking. I imagine it's more so in winter months when it's all covered in snow.

You guys haven't seen a Russian man running through those woods have you?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Scenery - 04/29/07 10:01 PM

Paul, those pictures are really beautiful.

Here is where I live. This is the mountain view from the back of my complex. Best I could find right now, but it really is a pretty view. \:\)

TIS

Re: Scenery - 04/29/07 10:04 PM

That's quite beatuful as well Tissie. I'm so jealous. I get to see drunks belching from my window. \:\(
Posted By: svsg

Re: Scenery - 04/29/07 11:32 PM

Paul Nice photos, I like the 3rd one especially
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Scenery - 04/29/07 11:45 PM

Simply breath taking! Beautiful! Thanks to both of you for sharing.

TIS, is that the view from the guestroom that is waiting for me? ;\)
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Scenery - 04/30/07 12:21 AM

Very nice, Paul. \:\)
Do you live in Manchester?

Re: Scenery - 04/30/07 06:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Not too far away from there actually Turnbull, in fact on a clear day you can see Manchester clearly from the top of Macc Forest.

There is a famous pub in England called The Cat & Fiddle, it's one of the highest pubs above sea level in the UK and it's near here. I'll drive up there and photograph a sunset in the next few days and post it here.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Scenery - 04/30/07 02:50 PM

Speaking of pubs, Paul:
When we visited the UK, I noticed that pubs always seem to have two names or descriptors in their titles--i.e. "Cat and Fiddle." Is that a law? Tradition? Or am I imagining it?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Scenery - 04/30/07 02:52 PM

I have to go to my roof to get a glimple of the Throgs Neck Bridge. Of course, when I look out my front window I can see city workers sitting on their asses on our nickel. That's always a welcome view.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Scenery - 04/30/07 04:02 PM

Speaking of pubs, Paul:
When we visited the UK, I noticed that pubs always seem to have two names or descriptors in their titles--i.e. "Cat and Fiddle." Is that a law? Tradition? Or am I imagining it?

Most pubs in England have names like that,though i don't know why,there must be about 3 millions pubs going by the name of "Red Lion"

Re: Scenery - 04/30/07 07:38 PM

TIS, lovely view. Which mountain range is that in the distance?

No idea why pubs are named so unusually here, but they're tending to go for more modern names now like 'The Barracuda' and '601's'. Still, the more traditional pub is still widely available over here and it seems to be the only thing not bothered in the least with the onset of progress \:\)
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Scenery - 04/30/07 10:53 PM

I have two Red Lions alone here in Norwich.

Two that I know of, anyway.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Scenery - 05/01/07 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I have two Red Lions alone here in Norwich.

Two that I know of, anyway.

I have frequently passed a restaurant with the same name near Pine Grove, PA.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Scenery - 05/01/07 11:29 AM

Those shots are gorgeous, by the way, Paul.

Here on campus we have a lake and some lovely snapping opportunities. I need to get some...
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Scenery - 05/01/07 11:47 AM

Great pictures Paul and TIS!! \:\) I also need to get out and get some pictures before spring is over. I love this great spring weather! I have also many pix since winter that I'd not had time to upload post here.

Re: Scenery - 05/01/07 04:52 PM

Some more pics for you all.

The first two are the radio telescope at Jodrell Bank, a famous UK radio observatory. It's about 8 miles from me and I had an occasion to get pictures of it on a lovely day.

This next one is taken at Alderley Edge, around 5 miles away. It's a very famous place in the Aurthurian legend. Anyway, I thought this was beautiful and had to record it.

Finally, this one's for TIS. The view from my front window, apologies for the shadow in the foreground.

Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Scenery - 05/01/07 05:08 PM

Nice Pics Paul,The shadow makes your place look more interesting

Re: Scenery - 05/01/07 05:29 PM

Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Scenery - 05/02/07 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul Krendler

Not too far away from there actually Turnbull, in fact on a clear day you can see Manchester clearly from the top of Macc Forest.

There is a famous pub in England called The Cat & Fiddle, it's one of the highest pubs above sea level in the UK and it's near here. I'll drive up there and photograph a sunset in the next few days and post it here.

Hey I've been there for some grub once.

If I took a picture of the view that I've got I'd assume some of you would throw up a little.

Great pictures PK!
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Scenery - 05/02/07 08:57 AM

And I know of 2 Red Lions in my area, seen plenty more. The most common pub name I've come across, though, is the White Swan.

Re: Scenery - 05/02/07 08:02 PM

There's a Red Lion and a White Swan in my town too, Turi. We've also got a Three Crowns, Traveller's Rest, Flower Pot and even a Prince Of Wales!
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Scenery - 05/07/07 05:47 PM

Sorry I missed these pictures before. Very beautiful photos, Paul. The ones from Alderley Edge and your front window are fantastic. \:\)
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET