Home

Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get?

Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/25/06 08:52 PM

I got:

1) A(nother) Leather Jacket from my parents *and scratch off games from that I won $200 on
2) A Norelco razor that charges and cleans at the same time
3) Some clothes and an Umbrella
4) Gift certificates to the movies, starbucks and Amazon.com
5) Stewie Griffin the Untold Story DVD (I never saw it) and Call of Duty 2 for PC
6) Tons of Chocolate/candy

What did everyone else get?
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/26/06 01:55 AM

1. Money

2. 4 different candle figurines.

3. 2 pairs of pajamas.

4. "World Trade Center" movie dvd.

5. "West Wing" Season 2 dvd set.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/26/06 02:27 AM

-Piano from 1903

-Hemingway Novels
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/26/06 04:18 AM

Leather Jacket
Calvin Klein outfit
Portable DVD player
NBA 2K7 for Xbox 360
$200

I made out pretty well this year. The best part of the night was when I sang Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here and Bob Dylan's Just Like a Woman while my cousin played them on guitar.
Posted By: Brwne Byte

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/26/06 05:27 AM

2 handbags

1 hat

Baby Phat 'Goddess'perfume, body lotion,shower gell

Gloves

Makeup Kit

Laptop Computer

Laptop Bag

Been a good Christmas,yep
Posted By: ap_capone48101

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/26/06 06:03 AM

A Tivo, which is all I wanted. I love it.
Also a few 360 games.

Also, my little brothers got a Wii and wow, it's so cool. I didnt think it would be any good, but boy was I wrong.
Posted By: Ice

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/26/06 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: DonFerro55
-Piano from 1903

Well there's a gift you don't find under the tree every Christmas. Maybe a piano from 1922, but no way from 03', that's quite a gift I say.

As for me I got some tinker toys.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/26/06 09:49 AM

I got a rock.

(J/K)

Signor V.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/26/06 04:13 PM

When you're the Dad, you don't get much. I got two things though that pleased me because I was about to buy them for myself:

a wallet and a travel bag for toiletries.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/26/06 04:18 PM

Sopranos Season 6
New Beatles CD(Love)
Chocolates
Belt
ShowerGel etc
BathRobe
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/26/06 09:00 PM

An Ipod that holds 25,000 songs
Love (Beatles new album)
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 01:01 AM

Johnny Cash The Anthology DVD

Cash The Legend (4disk dvd)

(Book)The Amazing Power Of Deliberate Intent By Ester & Jerry Hicks

Bath & Body soaps

Money

Clothes

And Having my family with me!

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
An Ipod that holds 25,000 songs
Love (Beatles new album)

From what ive heard of the Cd so far,im impressed good mixing of the songs,up to track 11..
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 02:23 AM

Beth, I LOVE Season 2! That was the best. In the Shadow of Two Gunmen (Part 1 and 2), 17 People, Josh getting PTSD, meeting Ainsley Hayes, oh, that was the best season! I miss WW!!!
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 05:18 AM

Ton of shit. First time in two years that I didn't just one highly expensive present.

-Creative Zen:M 30 GB (I had wanted a 60 GB, but my mother was told it "makes noise"... what ever the hell that means... She offered to send it back in exchange for the 60, but I don't know if I will. I'm far too lazy)

-The remastered edition CD of RHCP's "Freaky Styley"... I couldn't find it anywhere here in the 'burbs. I finally own real, non-pirated copies of all their albums. Hoo-rah!

-RHCP's Off the Map, live DVD

-You know those Vans checker-pattern slip-on shoes? I got a pair with white and lime green checks on them. I love them... They're so obnoxiously bright, loud, and funky. Lime green is the best color in the history of the world.

-Quite a few kick'n t-shirts... About four or five. One Radiohead shirt, one RHCP shirt, one Sublime shirt, two Pink Floyd shirts... And I may be forgetting one.

-Two pairs of pajama bottoms. Good thing, I only owned one pair previously that fit me. They hadn't been washed in months. What can I say? I'm nasty, and I'm not one to spend money on clothes unless I see something completely goofy and abstract, or it's totally necessary.

-A paperback copy of A Clockwork Orange... One of the best books ever written, in my opinion.

-A paperback copy of Deadeye Dick by Kurt Vonnegut

-A ridiculously large, yet very cool book titled 1001 Movies to See Before You Die. Not only can I use this book to kill and skin a wild animal (it's huge), I can use it to find some great reccomendations.

-Uncensored Director's cut of Spun.

-Additional stocking stuffers/gift cars/money that I am forgetting.

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Beth, I LOVE Season 2! That was the best. In the Shadow of Two Gunmen (Part 1 and 2), 17 People, Josh getting PTSD, meeting Ainsley Hayes, oh, that was the best season! I miss WW!!!

Yeah, with the ending of season 1 and then watching the first show this is the show at it's best. The scenes where Toby finds Josh, and the secret service come in and which Hoines away I rewinded and watched over and over again.

Another great episode...
"Sam's getting his ass kicked by a girl."

"Ginger, get the popcorn".
Posted By: SC

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 01:03 PM

Re: "West Wing"

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I'd like to add a few comments on the early seasons of this show. They rate, IMHO, with the best that television EVER produced.

I think it was the first show (in which President Bartlett throws the religious zealots out of the White House) that I fell in love with this series. There were SO many powerful moments!!

Two come immediately to mind:

1. Bartlett "taking on" God after his secretary was killed. Sheen was absolutely AWESOME in that church scene.

2. The funeral of the homeless soldier (who ended up with Toby Ziegler's coat). It always chokes me up when I see that.

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

2. The funeral of the homeless soldier (who ended up with Toby Ziegler's coat). It always chokes me up when I see that.

SC...this has to be the best show of all 8 seasons I think. It's so out of character for Toby. And Mrs. Landingham talking about her dead sons, then wanting to go pay her respects with Toby. The final scene with the children's choir singing and then the gun salute at the funeral, it does get you choked up.

Mrs. Landingham's funeral is even more gut wrenching. Bartlett stomping his cigarett out and telling God, "You get Hoines". Loved it!
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 03:55 PM

I got plenty but highlights are,
Band of Brothers DVD box set (been after this for years)
New trainers
A book "Next Man Up" by John Feinstein
A bottle of Jack Daniels
Black Label Society's new CD

I always do well
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 04:57 PM

Each year I look forward to my most useless gift. In the past,it was a pair of flannel pajamas (I don't wear pajamas); a winter hat with ear flaps (I'm not Elmer Fudd); a necktie with a picture of a naked woman (I'm not exactly Bob Crane either); and a picture of Shaquille O'Neal (I'm not a big fan of professional basketball).

This year the honor goes to a heated travel mug that plugs into the car lighter. While I spend a lot of time on the road, I don't drink coffee, nor do I usually allow myself time in the morning to make a cup of tea. In the rare event that I bring a cup of tea, I pretty much drink it before it can get cold.

Anyway, I'm grateful for the gift. The person, who bought it, put some thought into the gift, knowing that I travel and such. But as a firm believer in re-gifting, I will likely find a good home for this mug, which is actually pretty nice.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 05:01 PM

A Pearl Rhythm Traveler, a cool funky little kit I might say,

and some Ray Bans Wayfarers.

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 05:01 PM

I didn't get any gifts like that this year,that honour normally goes to my Auntie we didn't bother buying eachother gifts this year..
Posted By: bogey

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 05:05 PM

I got a Zune mp3 player, a couple pairs of shoes, and a bunch of kitchen stuff for my new apartment in May.

No drum set Or bass.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 05:42 PM

- 24: Season 5 DVD
- Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)
- Scarface: The World is Yours (PS2)
- A HUGE freakin' knife from my Florida grandparents (I keep telling 'em we don't have alligators in Maryland )
- a 1 GB memory stick for my PSP (I wanted a 4 GB...but 1 GB will suffice)
- a keyboard stand (which is handy, considering my piano is in the living room. Now when I play my keyboard in my room...I don't have to set it on my lap and induce scoliosis while playing it.
- A whole tin full of Ferrero-Rocher chocolates (my absolute favorite)
- some money and various stocking stuffers
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/27/06 10:27 PM

Red Motorola Razr (actually got it a few weeks ago)
Scarface Blanket
Fleece NY Jets Blanket
2 New Flannel Shirts
New Phillips Coffee/Cappuccino Maker
$70 (combined)
"Vader was Framed" shirt
Donkey Kong shirt
"Say Hello to My Little Friend" Pacino Shirt
New Arazona Pants
"There are Mutha_______Snakes on this Mutha_______Plane" Samuel L Jackson shirt
Framed Canvas of Tony Soprano (compliments of LA Artworks)
Framed Picture and Production info for Scarface
The Audacity of Hope by Senator Barack Obama
Cosa Nostra by Peter McCurtin
A Good Man is Hard to Find Frank Sinatra CD
Black and White Rat Pack Ocean's 11 Pool Poster

I got more, but that's all I can think of at this time.

Yesterday when I was granted the power to shop for myself once again, I made a few purchases at the local Sam Goody. Bought the Billy Joel My Lives and the Oliver Stone Collector's Edition Box Set. Also ordered a new coat from JcPenney. Afterwards I bought The Good German on paperback.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/28/06 01:14 AM

Let me know how The Audacity of Hope is. I've been wanting to read it. Somebody gave me a B&N gift card, so maybe I'll pick it up.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Christmas Gifts, Whaddya Get? - 12/28/06 11:19 AM

Roberto Duran's biography - Hands of Stone

And a calender of Bunny Suicides. For a taste visit: http://www.bookofbunnysuicides.com/

A bottle of SoCo - almost gone

Bruised knuckles

Hiccups
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET