Home

Care to see me in a skirt?

Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/07/06 11:06 PM

For those who don't know, I play bass in a funk-rock band called Aeroplasty. We've been playing in local clubs and venues for a little over a year now... Anyways, we managed to round up a video recording of one of our more recent shows... A battle of the bands to help raise money for Habitat for Humanity. Basically, we made intentional asses of ourselves. I performed in a skirt and nothing else, we covered a Spice Girls song, and on stage antics were utterly bizarre as always... And what's funny is, we tied for first place! The other band is PISSED. hahahahaha

Anyways, here's the video. Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1062389851522973072

I'd love to get some feedback, if you're not all left speechless in the midst of the confusion.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/07/06 11:12 PM

Its good man,you remind me of flea from the RHCP's with no shirt one,ive got it on now very funky,you look like your having a good time,good luck to you..
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/07/06 11:15 PM

W...T...F? Actually, it's good guitar playing. I wish I knew what the fuck you guys were singing though.

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/07/06 11:22 PM

Thank you, guys. Yeah, Jake, my guitarist, is fucking excellent. Best guitarist I've ever had the chance to meet.

The lyrics are a bit muffled at times... Crappy hand-held camcorder mircrophones. Although, they seem to become more audible on in the last three or four songs.

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/07/06 11:26 PM

Was there an audiance,didn't sound like it?.

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/07/06 11:28 PM

Yeah. The attendence counted up to almost 100, when we tallied up how much we had made on ticket sales at the end of the night. You catch a few glimpses of the crowd, but he mainly focuses on us. The music drowned alot of the crowd action out.

There is one part where they start to chant "hey" along with Jake, our guitarist/singer though.(and it's insanely cool to me)

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/07/06 11:31 PM

Have you given you first autograph yet!

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/07/06 11:34 PM

At this one show we did a while back, some fat kid in a Social Distortion shirt came up and gave me a big sweaty hug and told me he had never danced like that before, if that counts.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/08/06 12:05 AM

i hear imitation is the most sincere form of flattery - i'm sure flea is blushing in his undies right now.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/08/06 12:12 AM

LLC, it is great!

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/08/06 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Anthony Lombardi
i hear imitation is the most sincere form of flattery - i'm sure flea is blushing in his undies right now.

Th...tha...thanks... I think...?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/08/06 01:00 AM

Good job, LLC!

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/08/06 01:02 AM

Thank you, Geoff, SVSG, and anyone else who liked it.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/08/06 02:27 AM

I fucking hated it.

Seriously, get back to that failed novel you were writing ... which also sucked.

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/08/06 02:50 AM

You know what? Fuck art in all its forms. I'm going back to my street corner to sell my body for hardcore drugs, so fuck you, Mick.

So, our three o'clock is still on, no?

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/08/06 03:03 AM

Oui oui.

I never got round to that novel, did I?

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/08/06 03:20 AM

I don't believe so. I could bring a copy to our three o'clock...
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/09/06 01:52 AM

Great showmanship, llc! But I think the John Entwhistle legend is safe for now...
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/09/06 04:00 AM

Not my type of music, but you've got a lot of energy, which goes a long way!

I've only played a few live shows myself with another buddy of mine. I play Guitar, Piano, Harmonica, Ukulele, and Bongo drums and he plays Guitar. It's a lot of fun to switch around on the instruments so you never get bored/burnt-out of one during a show. I play more of a Piano-driven Zevon/Dylan type of rock and roll.

Note: There is no better way to excite a crowd of people than by jumping onto a piano and pumping out "Great Balls of Fire" in the style of Jerry Lee Lewis. I've been learning Boogie-Woogie and Ragtime style on the piano and it's impossible to have an audience not tapping their feet! The music still resonates today!

The Doc

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/09/06 04:25 AM

You a fan of Jools Holland, Doc?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/09/06 06:18 AM

I do a WICKED "Born to be Wild" at karaoke.

Okay, yeah, I've also sung it on stage w/ my friends' band a few times. Quite amazing how the "showmanship" comes out when you're on stage, cuz normally I'm *VERY* laid back! But gimme a mic (and a couple drinks), and I'll be jumping around!!
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/09/06 08:28 AM

that's not the only time you sing it, geoffy boy...
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/09/06 12:03 PM

My god I'm getting old. That's not a reflection of you or your music. Me, I'm a failed rock star and it seems so long ago I was gigging. Five years ago my last gig. And this was from 6 years ago: http://www.telegrapharchives.co.uk/fotow...ModifiedTimeAsc

It was good to see you in action, as a personality as well as a band. I once said you looked lifeless in a photograph, a lifeless Pink I think I named you. That video dispelled that thought. Even without reading these comments you also reminded me of Flea.

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/09/06 07:23 PM

Nice, Turi. Any old recordings laying around? What was your sound like? You've got me interested.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/09/06 07:46 PM

Great video LLC. Has your band won any other contests? Is it the camera or are you really that pale?
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/09/06 07:55 PM

Great job, LLC! You've got great showmanship.

I join Turi in the "failed rockstar" boat. We had a great group of musicians in my old band...but none of them were committed.

You gotta great thing going there, man. Keep it up!

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/09/06 07:57 PM

Yeah, we're all afraid of the sun in Upstate New York.

I can't say we've won any other contests, but we've only done two competition-formatted shows... We've done a handful on casual, "everyone is a winner" type show. I'm personally surprised we won this one. I was certain we would permanently emotionally scar the judges.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/10/06 02:37 PM

Fantastic.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/10/06 02:50 PM

Oh, and that is a mighty fine bass you got there. New?

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/10/06 05:10 PM

Yep. Musicman Stingray. Cost me a shitload.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/11/06 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
Nice, Turi. Any old recordings laying around? What was your sound like? You've got me interested.

I've got some on CD and Minidisc lying around. Back in the Napster days we had it all uploaded but I doubt you'd be able to find anything nowadays. This whole thread just brings it all back to me, we entered and won battle of the band type competitions.

http://www.telegrapharchives.co.uk/fotow...ModifiedTimeAsc That was us 6 years ago. I'm the one at the top looking like a simple kid holding the cheque for £1000. Off topic but I'm off to the guy on the lefts wedding this friday.

Our sound. Ergh, kind of a sign of the time. You know the whole "Nu Metal" era. God I hate that term.

Hang on to it and savour every moment mate. It doesn't last forever and people soon move on. The other four people I hardly ever see nowadays. Apart from me they all moved far away, one even to Japan.

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/11/06 02:39 PM

You look like the Young Ones.

Re: Care to see me in a skirt? - 11/11/06 03:56 PM

The one to your right in the basketball jersey reminds me of Sid Vicious. And I would kill a man to own a pair of those checker-board pants.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET