Home

re: Posting pictures in my posts

Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

re: Posting pictures in my posts - 01/04/07 11:52 PM

How can i copy & past a picture in my post?
I already know it's not as simple as just a right click copy & paste please help!

[ Made the Subject clearer --JG ]
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: re - 01/05/07 12:01 AM

If it's a picture on the web, you can right-click and go into Properties to find the web address/location for it. Then come here and click the button and paste that address into the pop-up box.

If it's a picture on your hard drive, you can click on the File Manager link when making a reply, browsing for the image on your hard drive, then adding (uploading) the image, then clicking on "Done adding images" -- it will attach the image to your post.

OR - You can upload the image to a free image host like photobucket.com and then follow the instructions above. See Double-J's Custom Avatar FAQ for further details.

Images need to end in .gif, .jpg, or .png

Please make sure images aren't too large to display on the BB -- if it is, you'll need to resize it with an image editor like Paint or Photoshop.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: re - 02/09/07 03:46 PM

How do I know what size is too big?? I found an old photo of me and my mom in Sicily. I must've been about 14 when it was taken. I would love to scan it and post it here, but am unsure what size is "too big" (no jokes, please). And where is the file manager link??

Sorry to be such a dufus.

Re: Posting pictures in my posts - 02/09/07 07:51 PM

The file itself must be 200k or less to attach it to a post. And depending on its dimensions, it'll either be displayed in the actual post, or it will be linked to in the post if it's too big. (Not sure exactly what's considered too big as far as width/height).

The File Manager is in "Post Options" below the post/reply box. Click on the File Manager link, Browse your hard drive for the picture, click Add File, then Done Adding Files. If File Manager says File Manager (Total Files: 1) then your picture is attached and will show up when you submit the post...

Re: Posting pictures in my posts - 02/09/07 08:53 PM

Thank you, Godfather. Off to the scanner I go!!!!

Re: Posting pictures in my posts - 02/09/07 10:59 PM

My printer/scanner is out of yellow ink and won't work now. Damn!! I just got all motivated.

Re: Posting pictures in my posts - 02/09/07 11:10 PM

What do you need ink for to post a picture online?

Re: Posting pictures in my posts - 02/09/07 11:17 PM

That's what I was yelling at my printer/scanner/fax machine. It seems to cease ALL functions when it's out of ink. I kept screaming, "I don't want to PRINT the picture!! I just want to save it to my hard drive!!!", but, alas, it wouldn't listen.

Re: Posting pictures in my posts - 02/09/07 11:18 PM

That's messed up...
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: re: Posting pictures in my posts - 03/24/07 04:44 PM

Geoff,

I'm practicing on some of the features here and although am not posting a picture at this time, I am trying to figure it out. The couple times I did post a picture, I just knew how to post the link, and viewers would have to click the link.

When I am in the "reply" screen, I click the "enter an image" icon and I get this message under my browser: "This website is using scripted windows to ask you for info. If you trust this website click here to allow scripted windows." I assume that's normal??? And, not that I post pictures often, but should I post one, I'd click to "allow"?????

TIS
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: re: Posting pictures in my posts - 03/24/07 06:27 PM

Geoff,

Since you made the latest upgrade, can we post pictures in a PM that are from our own files, rather than a photo-hosting service? Or, are we still limited in the PM's?

Signor V.

Re: re: Posting pictures in my posts - 03/24/07 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
"This website is using scripted windows to ask you for info. If you trust this website click here to allow scripted windows." I assume that's normal???

How annoying! Must be a setting in your browser. Yeah, just hit Allow. \:D

Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
Geoff,

Since you made the latest upgrade, can we post pictures in a PM that are from our own files, rather than a photo-hosting service?

I guess not. I'll try to suggest it for a future release...
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: re: Posting pictures in my posts - 03/24/07 09:52 PM

Thanks Geoff! I corrected the Eric Burden fiasco!!! Still cracdking up about that.

TIS
Posted By: chopper

Re: re: Posting pictures in my posts - 09/19/07 10:22 AM

Re: re: Posting pictures in my posts - 09/19/07 10:27 AM

damn

Re: re: Posting pictures in my posts - 09/19/07 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: chopper
[img ]sheff_utd_180.jpg[ /img]

chopper, images need to be on a web server, and start with http://www......

Re: re: Posting pictures in my posts - 09/19/07 09:37 PM

oh ok thanks
Posted By: SC

Re: re: Posting pictures in my posts - 10/19/07 07:02 PM

You're gonna be breaking a lot of hearts here.

Nice picture!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET