Home

Similarities in Dialog

Posted By: Owen

Similarities in Dialog - 01/19/04 07:25 PM

I haven’t read The Godfather book yet, but I would like to know how much of the dialog from the book is used in the movie, mainly memorable quotes like Vito’s speeches at the beginning. If there are exact matches in dialog please let me know by telling me in general what lines they are and what pages if possible. Thanks a lot. – Owen
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Similarities in Dialog - 01/19/04 09:42 PM

There are many cases of similar dialogue being adapted for the movie from the book.

And as I remember, in just about every case the film dialogue was an improvement.

Re: Similarities in Dialog - 01/20/04 05:13 PM

Do you know of any dialog that is the same or mostly the same, and what page its on?

Re: Similarities in Dialog - 01/20/04 06:07 PM

I'd be happy to look if I have a chance, but with all due respect...

If you have the book, why not read it yourself, or at least thumb through it. You'll find plenty of examples even from just a cursory reading.

And if you don't have the book, what good is it if I give you examples and page numbers? confused

The book should be required reading for any fans of the film, IMO. There's a substantial amount of character development which was left out of the movie, as well as the description of several significant incidents which the film omitted.

Re: Similarities in Dialog - 01/20/04 07:24 PM

I plan on reading the book very soon but untill then I am researching for a film class how much of the book dialog got carried over into the final movie script, if any. I just thought it might be quicker to ask people who already had read the book and seen the similarities, so that I could quickly refer to the text for examples.

Re: Similarities in Dialog - 01/20/04 09:29 PM

So in other words, you need help with your homework lol grin tongue

I'll dig a few up for you and post 'em tomorrow morning.

Re: Similarities in Dialog - 01/20/04 09:37 PM

Dont worry about it. I already looked up a couple, so I should be alright. Thanks for your help though.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET