Home

Should I get the book?

Posted By: Robert CK

Should I get the book? - 10/10/03 06:18 AM

Lately I have gotten very interested in the movie and I'm wondering if theres any difference between the book and the movie (don't tell me something that would ruin it for me) and if so is it worth reading?
confused
Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Re: Should I get the book? - 10/10/03 01:40 PM

If you like the movies, then sure, go out and get it! smile The book contains some really cool background info about pretty much everything seen in GF and the flashaback scenes in GFII.
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Should I get the book? - 10/10/03 01:45 PM

also it has additional plotlines (entire chapters about 'some' of the minor characters of the first movie) and extended versions of the scenes from the first two movies

definitely worth it if you can't get enough of the movies and wish the 9 hour trilogy wasn't all there was...because they're not, there's the novel, the book that started it all
Posted By: Robert CK

Re: Should I get the book? - 10/10/03 08:12 PM

Okay, it's on my "to buy list". wink smile And Thanks!
Posted By: Raymondo Corleone

Re: Should I get the book? - 10/11/03 01:13 AM

Yeah the book is amazing, and you get to see certain scenes from different angles. When Vito asks his favour from Bonasera in the book, it is just amazing. In a way, I wish I'd read the book first, just to experience that scene without knowing what happens to Sonny.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Should I get the book? - 10/11/03 03:50 PM

yes buy it today. the book has a lot of other story lines i.e. more on johnny fontane. the book is awsome,so if you liked the movie i'd reccomend the book
Posted By: Don Ellroy

Re: Should I get the book? - 10/12/03 06:03 AM

Get the Godfather+Last Don copy, its cheaper than the godfather by itself.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Should I get the book? - 11/25/03 10:19 PM

Originally posted by Robert CK:
Lately I have gotten very interested in the movie and I'm wondering if theres any difference between the book and the movie (don't tell me something that would ruin it for me) and if so is it worth reading?
confused
The book is definitely worth your time. It gives more insight (which is both good and bad) and much more character development. For example, there is more to the storyline of the horse's head with Woltz in the book. I'm not going to spoil anything, but things like that make it worth reading at least once.
Posted By: goodfella4188

Re: Should I get the book? - 12/27/03 04:48 PM

Don't even think, just get it
Posted By: The Ant

Re: Should I get the book? - 12/27/03 09:30 PM

i don't have the book, i borrowed it from the library and read it though, it's very good. some silly parts, some parts that are just too sensational, but the core story is, of course, excellent.
Posted By: goodfella4188

Re: Should I get the book? - 12/28/03 01:15 AM

I don't like the parts about Johnny Fontaine, or Lucy Mancini. I find them slow and irrelevant. However I love the part about young Vito Corleone, I wish Puzo would have written more about that and the beginning of the Corleone family with Vito, Tessio, and Clemenza.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Should I get the book? - 12/29/03 10:10 PM

Originally posted by goodfella4188:
However I love the part about young Vito Corleone, I wish Puzo would have written more about that and the beginning of the Corleone family with Vito, Tessio, and Clemenza.
I wish more of Sonny making his bones and things like that were in the movie. Thats where I'm starting my GF4 script.I also found thier age diffrences varried in diffrent parts. Once time Sonny's 7 years older then Fredo, and another time he's only 3 years.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET