Home

Vincent / Lucy Mancini

Posted By: Mrs Apollonia Andolini

Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 08/27/03 09:09 PM

In the book Tom asks Lucy if she is pregnant and she says no. It never mentions her having Sonny's child. Where did Vincent come from.
Any ideas?
Posted By: wilheim

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 08/27/03 10:03 PM

Good question. When Lucy arrived in Las Vegas she was not pregnant and realized she was a dummy point holder in one of the Family's hotels. She meets Dr. Jules Segal and eventually has an affair with him. A child by Sonny is never mentioned. Has to have been fabricated for plot value by FFC and MP for GF3. imo.

wil.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 08/28/03 01:22 AM

Its the Only way I can get through GF III is thinking that.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 08/28/03 08:50 AM

It's a stupid plot hole that was created purely for Godfather 3. Also Calo shouldn't have been in part 3 after he was killed along with Appolonia in the car bomb. Let's not forget that the book and film differ in many ways. Fredo's actual physical build, Michaels kids and also in the book I think Sonny saw Vito kill Fanucci.
Posted By: keyser soze

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/05/03 05:07 PM

yeah. sonny did see vito kill fanucci in the book...puzo said that event kind of formed sonny's personality

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/05/03 08:26 PM

Well, in the Book Fredo is Said to be The Toughest of the Corleones!
Posted By: Dead Ohio Sky

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/06/03 12:19 AM

Are you sure about that Mike? I've read the book several times, and though Fredo is portrayed as much tougher in the book, I don't recall it saying he was the toughest of the Corleone kids...
Posted By: Michael Montana Mancini

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/06/03 10:58 AM

Yeah, seing your dad whack someone at such a young age would affect them a lot, especially the way vito did it......

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/06/03 04:35 PM

But It wasnt Described as it was in the movie...

and It did. Look for it
Posted By: Michael Montana Mancini

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/08/03 11:23 AM

irelevant ohwell

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/08/03 07:44 PM

Originally posted by Michael Montana Mancini:
irelevant ohwell
Not for the Movies
Posted By: wilheim

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/15/03 09:17 PM

Fredo is thought of by Michael after he made a visit to his brother in the hospital, right after the Don was shot. "He remembered the middle brother (Fredo) as being physically the toughest one in the family when all of them were kids. But he had also been the most obedient son to his father. And yet everyone knew the Don had given up on this middle son as ever bieng important to the business. He was'nt quite smart enough, and failing that, not quite ruthless enough. He was too retiring a person, did not have enough force".
I think the key word here is KIDS, as an adult Fredo turned into more or less an introvert.

wil.
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/23/03 10:55 PM

Originally posted by Mrs Apollonia Andolini:
In the book Tom asks Lucy if she is pregnant and she says no. It never mentions her having Sonny's child. Where did Vincent come from.
Any ideas?
I mixed up Vincent with someone else so i had to edit my last post here
Posted By: SC

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/23/03 11:04 PM

Any ideas?
Vincent came from the scriptwriters....its just another case of the movies and novel being different.

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/24/03 12:30 AM

Originally posted by SC:
[b] In the book Tom asks Lucy if she is pregnant and she says no. It never mentions her having Sonny's child. Where did Vincent come from.
Any ideas?
Vincent came from the scriptwriters....its just another case of the movies and novel being different. [/b]
Indeed.

Were Did Frankie Pentangili Come From?

A Mis Fortune Of Rick Catelano Not Signing for GFII...
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 09/25/03 11:52 PM

Wait, what was Vincent's last name
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 10/09/03 11:22 PM

yeah the book was a lot diffrent. jules wasnt even it the movie,mike had 2 boys in the book....so on and so forth.if you need a story about vincent....hows this. lucy was pregnant w/ sonnys kid but didnt want to tell tom. then when vince was born she put him up for adoption. i havent seen GF3 yet so i dont know if that works with the storyline but try to put that in your head next time you watch that one
Posted By: Special Kay

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 11/14/03 08:24 PM

Originally posted by DannyMontana:
Wait, what was Vincent's last name
Mancini -- consequently, anyone have ideas as to why Lucy didn't give him the Corleone name, as she was SO fond of Sonny?

Maybe she couldn't get "permission" from the family... maybe she didn't want him affiliated with such a notorious crime family... I'm interested in hearing your ideas!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 11/14/03 10:06 PM

Originally posted by Special Kay:
Originally posted by DannyMontana:
[b] Wait, what was Vincent's last name
Mancini -- consequently, anyone have ideas as to why Lucy didn't give him the Corleone name, as she was SO fond of Sonny?

Maybe she couldn't get "permission" from the family... maybe she didn't want him affiliated with such a notorious crime family... I'm interested in hearing your ideas! [/b]
IMHO I don't think Vincent is Sonny's kid I think his father is that DR. Segal from Las Vegas. They both worked at the same hotel.
Posted By: consiGliera

Re: Vincent / Lucy Mancini - 11/18/03 09:25 AM

Special K, i´d say in the beGinninG of GF III Vince was quite the "unaccepted" bastard (watch the trouble he had enterinG Michael´s party), so i´m quite sure he wasn´t permitted to call himself Corleone. maybe Lucy didn´t try at all because she shied away from meddlinG with that family (after all, her stint with Sonny wasn´t so popular with the others). isn´t it Connie who does a Great deal of hard work to Get Sonny´s boy on the inside?!

i wouldn´t say Vincent is one of the many chanGes between book&movie, it´s an irritatinG plothole. chanGinG Freds stature or the number of Mike´s kids is nothinG compared to that.

maybe FFC forGot a couple thinGs about the book, he hardly read it aGain before filminG GF III...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET