Home

I just picked up the novel!

Posted By: Dennis Castro

I just picked up the novel! - 07/17/03 05:57 PM

Now I'm about to dive in!
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: I just picked up the novel! - 07/17/03 06:02 PM

Well for GOD's sake, put the novel down first!!

[Linked Image]

Apple
Posted By: fathersson

Re: I just picked up the novel! - 07/17/03 06:08 PM

News to die for! lol

I think I just wet myself! grin

That is just the the way Pop wanted it!
Posted By: Double-J

Re: I just picked up the novel! - 07/17/03 07:29 PM

I'm glad I saw the movie first, if I'd read the book first, I think a.) I might've not seen the movie since the book I thought was good, but not great and b.) when I read a book, I usually picture in my mind how the characters would look. If I saw the movie, I probably would've been, again, disappointed.

I'm glad I already had that inset when I read the book! smile
Posted By: SC

Re: I just picked up the novel! - 07/17/03 07:39 PM

Originally posted by Dennis Castro:
Now I'm about to dive in!
Its a great summer read, Dennis. Enjoy!

I'm moving this discussion to "The Godfather Novel" forum.
Posted By: antPhoenix

Re: I just picked up the novel! - 07/18/03 01:02 AM

Have fun! I loved the book, polished it off in a few days.

Really glad I saw the movie first, for two reasons -

1. The casting in the movie was absolutely perfect, and as I read the book, I pictured the actors, which made it a much better read.

2. The movie was suspensful and suprising, and had I read the book first, it wouldn't have been. Having seen the movie first, it didn't ruin the book, because the book elaborated so much on what happened in the movie.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the book. grin
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: I just picked up the novel! - 07/19/03 09:40 PM

Hope you are enjoying (or have enjoyed!) it, Dennis! Where are you up to? The first chapter is a mammoth read (some 72 pages if I remember rightly) but after that the chapters are nice and short.

Mick
Posted By: Speedemon1

Re: I just picked up the novel! - 07/24/03 05:43 AM

I have never read this great novel, but I plan to do it sometime. I am not a big reader, I never have been, any book I picked up, never interested me. But maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot. I personally enjoyed wilderness books, but hell, Gary Paulsen books are just for little kids to read. Anyways, some day, I'll have to pick this one up, and MAKE myself read it. Which, rest assured, I know I wont have to make myself read such a novel.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET