Home

The Godfather Papers

Posted By: SanAlfo

The Godfather Papers - 04/10/03 01:25 AM

Can anybody explain to mewhat this book is? I've seen in before but i've never really understand what it is. I think its puzo's review of how the movie went. any feed back is welcomed- thanks
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: The Godfather Papers - 04/10/03 02:44 PM

Mm. You've got to learn a lot. The movie was based on the BOOK. What means that the book was there before the movie! You can say the script for the movie is the book. The book describes GF 1 and some parts of GF 2. Part 3 of the Godfather isn't in the book.
Posted By: SanAlfo

Re: The Godfather Papers - 04/10/03 03:02 PM

No No No. .u didnt understand M&M. I've read the book several times and im very knowledgeable about the godfather in all details..what I want to know is "WHAT IS THE GODFATHER PAPERS?" it was written in 1972 by Puzo and when i looked over through it i saw critisims about the movie FFC made..Myabe M7M u should read my question before assuming that we're all not as smart as u..aight..cya.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: The Godfather Papers - 04/10/03 06:25 PM

Well, sorry that we all don't understand English as you do mad . And further about the papers you actually asked: I can't help you on that.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: The Godfather Papers - 04/11/03 10:08 PM

It consists of several short pieces, all non-fiction as I recall, written by MP. The longest is the one consisting of his comments about the making of the film, hence the name GODFATHER PAPERS. Well worth reading, IMO.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: The Godfather Papers - 04/30/03 01:50 AM

Right Plawrence I have the book and thatis what it is...a think it was Mario's chance to catch a few extra dollars off the Godfather hit also!
Posted By: Researcher

Re: The Godfather Papers - 05/25/03 10:51 AM

Where can I get the Godfather Papers? I've only read an excerpt on J Geoff's site, but where can I find the whole thing? Doesn't seem to exist anywhere!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Godfather Papers - 05/25/03 01:49 PM

You can buy a used copy of "The Godfather Papers" at www.abebooks.com I've bought plenty of used books from them--they're reliable.
Posted By: Researcher

Re: The Godfather Papers - 05/25/03 04:31 PM

Thanks a lot turnbull!
Incidentally you seem to have answered all my questions on this board so far, damn well too. Thanks!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Godfather Papers - 05/25/03 11:19 PM

Originally posted by Researcher:
Thanks!
You're welcome!
Posted By: John Patrick

Re: The Godfather Papers - 05/26/03 03:56 PM

'The Godfather Papers' is not entirely about 'The Godfather', it does have a chapter or two about Puzo's memories of writing the book and getting involved in the screenplay for the first 'Godfather'; casting, meeting Coppola, the incident with Sinatra, etc.
The book also includes a lot of short stories Puzo wrote over the years. Basically, the book was a way for Puzo to make more money off the 'Godfather' phenomenon at the time. Nothing wrong with that.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET