Home

Tom's Sister

Posted By: Sonny

Tom's Sister - 01/06/03 06:51 AM

Does anyone else think it strange that after Tom acquired the clout he did (being almost an adopted son to one of the rising La Cosa Nostra Bosses at the time) he didn't search for his real sister?

Or did he just want to forget those days of suffering and misery?
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Tom's Sister - 01/06/03 09:40 AM

Originally posted by Sonny:
Does anyone else think it strange that after Tom acquired the clout he did (being almost an adopted son to one of the rising La Cosa Nostra Bosses at the time) he didn't search for his real sister?

Or did he just want to forget those days of suffering and misery?
Maybe he simply had no sisters??? grin The book only says things about Tom's dad and mom.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Tom's Sister - 01/06/03 11:08 AM

Nice catch. The book does mention a sister. After Tom's parents died, Tom and his sister were both placed in a foster home, but Tom ran away.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Tom's Sister - 01/06/03 01:08 PM

Originally posted by plawrence:
Nice catch. The book does mention a sister. After Tom's parents died, Tom and his sister were both placed in a foster home, but Tom ran away.
Did it mention a sister? Well then I didn't notice that reading in English. But I'm reading the Dutch version now so I think I will read in the coming days.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Tom's Sister - 01/06/03 03:43 PM

Very interesting question, Sonny! Not sure there's an answer. A guess: Tom was trying to erase all thoughts of his disastrous "real" family by totally immersing himself in the Corleones' embrace. The novel says that the Don discouraged Tom from calling him "Pop" because it would be disrespectful to his birth father.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET