Home

Pricetag

Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Pricetag - 12/04/02 06:26 PM

The Godfather novel (Dutch version) costs to me: 12,50 euros. But in english it costs 11,50 euros (paperback 1983) And The Godfather (hardcover 1969) costs 31,99 euros. Which one should I take?
Posted By: Don Mikey

Re: Pricetag - 12/04/02 07:57 PM

I want a hardcover copy. My paperback's falling apart. frown Buy the hardcover, since you'll probably read it a lot.

Re: Pricetag - 12/04/02 08:32 PM

But, it´s in english. Are there any dutchies who can help me?

Re: Pricetag - 12/08/02 12:59 PM

Nobody responding ???

confused confused
Posted By: sveta van gaal

Re: Pricetag - 12/08/02 02:05 PM

I think I bought my paperback in English for 14.50 Euro mad ....but if I were you I would buy the paperback in English and buy a second-hand paperback (cheaper!) in Dutch - read the English one using the Dutch (second hand copy) as a reference for things you don't understand.....

Then later on, when you're rich and famous lol you can easily afford to buy the hardcover version wink smile

Re: Pricetag - 12/08/02 02:12 PM

Originally posted by sveta van gaal:
I think I bought my paperback in English for 14.50 Euro mad ....but if I were you I would buy the paperback in English and buy a second-hand paperback (cheaper!) in Dutch - read the English one using the Dutch (second hand copy) as a reference for things you don't understand.....

Then later on, when you're rich and famous lol you can easily afford to buy the hardcover version wink smile
It´s only 30,- euros, that´s not much, and it´s the first print from 1969, it´s even pretty cheap from my point of view. I put it on my "verlanglijstje" for christmas, I don´t know what my parents will pay for it, but I looked at Bol.com, and I saw it for that mad prise, but shipment is NOT included, so, you probably got it cheaper.
Posted By: sveta van gaal

Re: Pricetag - 12/08/02 02:32 PM

Michael:
click here
get your father to search for it here:
Elcheapo.nl

But I am confused are you looking only for the hardcover version?

Re: Pricetag - 12/08/02 02:37 PM

Originally posted by sveta van gaal:
Michael:
click here
get your father to search for it here:
Elcheapo.nl

But I am confused are you looking only for the hardcover version?
No, but have you read the dutch version, it´s awful, it dousen´t say Il Padrino, but Il Patino, Consigliere is spelled: Consigliori, and the wonderful famous quotes dousen´t make sense at all!

Re: Pricetag - 12/08/02 02:41 PM

And thanks for the link, at bol.com/el cheopo it´s 5 cents cheaper, it ain´t that much.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Pricetag - 12/08/02 02:56 PM

YOu can also look at marktplaats.nl. Sometimes you can find the best things for the lowest price.

Re: Pricetag - 12/08/02 05:05 PM

I diden´t find anything, M.M, but thanks anyway. grin
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Pricetag - 12/08/02 09:20 PM

Deep thoughts for a college guy....you may have to give up a night with the boys to buy a copy...

Re: Pricetag - 12/09/02 03:11 PM

Originally posted by CamillusDon:
Deep thoughts for a college guy....you may have to give up a night with the boys to buy a copy...
I´m just gonna ask it for christmas. grin
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Pricetag - 12/14/02 07:28 PM

oh you think Santaclause aproves of that sort of literature huh?
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Pricetag - 12/14/02 10:28 PM

Anybody have the hardcover? I have the paperback, and when I go looking I still only see paperbacks. I guess ordering online is the only answer.

Re: Pricetag - 12/15/02 12:49 PM

Originally posted by Puppeteer:
Anybody have the hardcover? I have the paperback, and when I go looking I still only see paperbacks. I guess ordering online is the only answer.
Most stores (At least in Holland) don´t sell hardcover copies, I think ordering online is the only option, but it costs twice as much as a paperback. frown

Re: Pricetag - 02/16/03 05:31 PM

I checked Amazon, and it says the hardcover from 1969 costs $17.-, but in the Netherlands it costs $30.-. Can someone explain this difference to me?
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Pricetag - 02/16/03 05:34 PM

Simply because of the fact that Amazon is much cheaper then books from 'normal' stores like in Holland (Bijvoorbeeld de Slegter vergeleken met Amazon, dat is een zeer groot verschil).
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET