Home

1st edition

Posted By: Undule8

1st edition - 09/17/02 02:38 AM

My novel is a 1st edition...it's so funny to read about how it's "soon to be a major motion picture"...if they only knew:) But do you guys think it's worth/will be worth anything?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: 1st edition - 09/17/02 04:28 AM

Probably not much, since a zillion copies were printed. But you can check for prices of first editions of GF by going to abebooks.com
Posted By: goddaughter

Re: 1st edition - 09/17/02 05:41 PM

I'd love to but a first edition copy of the novel....how expensive might they be do you think?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: 1st edition - 09/17/02 05:50 PM

Again, abebooks.com or other online booksellers have good search engines, and the entries will list the book, the edition, the condition and the price.
Posted By: Undule8

Re: 1st edition - 09/17/02 10:55 PM

OMG, someone's trying to sell one for $950.00!? I hope that's a typo.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: 1st edition - 09/18/02 03:16 PM

Originally posted by Undule8:
OMG, someone's trying to sell one for $950.00!? I hope that's a typo.
No you don't. grin
Posted By: Almammater

Re: 1st edition - 12/11/02 03:35 PM

Just came across this :

"Before You Buy a First Edition

For most fiction published within the last 25 years, determining whether or not a copy is a first edition, first printing is a snap-- just check out the number line. But, what about older books and renegade publishers who refuse to use a number line? Without a doubt, determining edition can be very tricky! Here are a few tips to get you started."

full article + links
Posted By: wfrank_99

Re: 1st edition - 12/14/02 03:40 AM

Hello everyone.. i found a copy of The Godfather with a "pink" cover with pictures from the film inside. It is in great shape..bought it for $1.50 at a used book store..is this a good find???
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: 1st edition - 12/14/02 07:07 AM

i'm not familiar with your copy but with that price and pictures inside, i believe thats a very good buy . . .

GoodFella
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: 1st edition - 12/14/02 07:25 PM

altough novel and movie are separate masterpieces, I would have loved (since the movie comes on first place for me) to have movie pictures in my copy..... a novel with DeNiro-Pacino-Brando pictures.............................................................. frown
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET