Home

Movie or Book?

Posted By: Ricardo

Movie or Book? - 05/11/02 05:59 PM

Based on the 1901-1955 Parts. NOT the Late GF2 GF3 parts.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Movie or Book? - 05/12/02 06:46 PM

why worry..take'm both, why not?
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: Movie or Book? - 05/12/02 08:56 PM

Both of course. Just can't get enought of the Godfather [Linked Image]
Posted By: Don Bergeni

Re: Movie or Book? - 05/21/02 06:38 PM

I liked the novel much more. There were plot lines that emphasized certain points that was left out of the movie. Things were clearer in the novel, i.e. the reason behind the Don's peace meeting, and much more. But the movie is certainly a classic and brought the characters to life. Once you see the movie, you read the novel in a whole new light.
Posted By: Paul Cornelio

Re: Movie or Book? - 06/11/02 03:33 AM

Yeah, I agree with Daniel Corleone. cool What I like about the movie most is that, you can finally get a clear image of what the characters look like.

Does anybody know when the book was released exactly?
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Movie or Book? - 06/11/02 12:03 PM

Movie and Book are both Classics. . .

GoodFella
Posted By: Moo

Re: Movie or Book? - 06/12/02 04:25 PM

Voted for both the film & book, but the third film should never have been made. Sonny didn't have an illegitimate son with Lucy.... it seems that the main reason for GF3 was $ & £.
Shame really because it should be good but I just look at it through these blinkerd eyes.
Always kill a brother for revenge
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: Movie or Book? - 06/13/02 09:30 PM

Originally posted by Paul Cornelio:
Yeah, I agree with Daniel Corleone. cool What I like about the movie most is that, you can finally get a clear image of what the characters look like.

Does anybody know when the book was released exactly?
1969!
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Movie or Book? - 06/26/02 06:56 AM

Moo evaluate that quote again. grin lol

Re: Movie or Book? - 06/26/02 06:59 AM

i would definetly both. How could you not?
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Movie or Book? - 06/26/02 03:11 PM

I voted for both.

Re: Movie or Book? - 06/26/02 05:11 PM

To be honest, I can't remember where I read it or heard it. eek Although I do understand the rationale behind it;

You annoy somebody so much that they are considering killing you, now they could do it or they may want to hurt you and your family so badly that they would kill a brother. This would leave you feeling remorseful and subdued.

If your parents knew of this how would they feel towards you?

Now this may have actually happened, I've read a hell of a lot of books, fact & fiction, seen films and documentaries. That sometimes I lose track of what, where and when. eek

No doubt somebody will be able to put me right, it might even be from a book about english crime, and our feeble attempts to establish crime families. confused

Don't worry though, I'll soon have a belter of a quote.

Re: Movie or Book? - 06/26/02 05:29 PM

no that wasn't what i was getting at Blacks in the U.S.A call eachother brothers and often reffer to themselves in the thrid person as in A brother say you did something to one of them "you fucked with a brother" like that even though i'm SICILIAN but i was just saying maybe they might misunderstand it it's funny though(how it has double meaning lol cool ).

Re: Movie or Book? - 06/26/02 06:01 PM

lol ahhhh, I understand.... I suppose these mistakes happen quite a bit considering so many people from all over look @ this board
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Movie or Book? - 07/14/02 10:52 AM

Both, with no doubt. How could you prefer the movie above the book??? It's based on the book.
Posted By: Guiliano

Re: Movie or Book? - 08/21/02 07:21 PM

Even though the movie is excelent they left a lot of the book out so the books is better
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Movie or Book? - 09/07/02 07:08 PM

Hi,
Both are great. The novel is different however in that 1)Apollonia was pregnant with Michael's child, 2) Kay had two boys and no girls, and 3) Sonny's girlfriend wasn't with child when he was killed.

Paul
Posted By: TheNextDon

Re: Movie or Book? - 09/08/02 02:21 AM

I voted for both, both are amazing...I just dont think its fair to compare a movie to the book...the book has more room to go into detail, and you arnt restricted by time.
TND
Posted By: TonySoprano

Re: Movie or Book? - 09/08/02 05:13 AM

Both for sure, individually they are great, together they are powerful
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET