Home

Johnny's parents

Posted By: Ricardo

Johnny's parents - 02/08/02 07:16 PM

Does the novel tel about Johnny's parents? i've just stared reading it, and i'm in book 2 and haven't heard ANYThING about them yet.
Posted By: Alberto_Neri

Re: Johnny's parents - 02/09/02 10:31 PM

I dont think anything is mentioned about his real parents. After all, Vito is Johnys godfather

Re: Johnny's parents - 02/10/02 05:43 AM

Does it say HOW Vito became Johnny's godfather?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Johnny's parents - 02/10/02 05:58 AM

No, and it would have been interesting to learn how Vito became Johnny's godfather. On the other hand, many if not most of the people at Connie's wedding refer to him as "Godfather." That's an honorific in their case, so maybe Vito really didn't stand at the baptismal font with the infant Johnny. This is one of the few areas in which the novel doesn't provide any more detail than the film offers.

Re: Johnny's parents - 02/12/02 02:28 PM

Originally posted by Turnbull:
No, and it would have been interesting to learn how Vito became Johnny's godfather. On the other hand, many if not most of the people at Connie's wedding refer to him as "Godfather." That's an honorific in their case, so maybe Vito really didn't stand at the baptismal font with the infant Johnny. This is one of the few areas in which the novel doesn't provide any more detail than the film offers.
Nino Valenti, Daughter Colombo, and Daughter Bonasera were also vito's godchildren. It would have been an interesting story, maybe even a flashback to Luca-bandleader. Why no Fontane in GF2? lake tahoe, would have been perfect place for fontane to excel at?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Johnny's parents - 02/12/02 03:28 PM

Originally posted by Ricardo:
[QUOTE] It would have been an interesting story, maybe even a flashback to Luca-bandleader. Why no Fontane in GF2? lake tahoe, would have been perfect place for fontane to excel at?
That's an excellent question, especially since Johnny turns up again in GF III. Was there a salary dispute, per Duvall, Brando and Castellano?
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Johnny's parents - 02/12/02 04:16 PM

[QUOTE]Nino Valenti, Daughter Colombo, and Daughter Bonasera were also vito's godchildren.
I thought Bonasera's daughter was Mama Corleone's goddaughter.
Posted By: DonAlx

Re: Johnny's parents - 02/12/02 10:32 PM

really? i didnt read that or maybe i just dont remember it. Oh well
Posted By: Roberto

Re: Johnny's parents - 02/13/02 03:19 AM

Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
[QUOTE]I thought Bonasera's daughter was Mama Corleone's goddaughter.
In the movie Vito says that Bonasera's daughter is Mama Corleone's goddaughter, i cant remember how they explained it in the book... confused
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Johnny's parents - 02/13/02 08:38 PM

I thought the book and the movie agree on that point. The book does go into how nervous Bonasera is after receiving the phone call from Tom calling in his favor to Vito

Re: Johnny's parents - 02/14/02 04:12 PM

Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
[b][QUOTE]Nino Valenti, Daughter Colombo, and Daughter Bonasera were also vito's godchildren.
I thought Bonasera's daughter was Mama Corleone's goddaughter.[/b]
Well his wife is the godmother, i assumed he was godfather as well, at least he CONSIDER's himself Daughter Bonasera's godfather.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET