Home

Need some help for school!

Posted By: Alberto_Neri

Need some help for school! - 10/18/01 06:05 PM

I choosed to read the book The Godfather (of course) and I need to answer some questions, so I was wonderin if you could help me with some:

What kind of book is it? motivate.

What time is the book taking place in?

How are the environment and the characters described?

How is the story built?
Posted By: eddietheplumber

Re: Need some help for school! - 10/18/01 06:42 PM

i must be crazy to try and answer this question,puzo is a great writer,very simple
and basic,things i can relate to,the book is
fiction but------as time moved on after the movies were made people started seeing that alot of his stories and situations were actually based on other crime families alleged activities and actual life styles.

the main story is ww2-michael home on leave
for his sisters wedding.early to mid 40s.

this is where everyone gets fooled in real
life,puzo creates a mafia empire that shows
wealth and power beyond anyones dreams,almost saying if you follow this life
style you can achieve this status,all the charactors are very simple and individual,
but he pushes the family values so hard that
it makes it ok that they are all killers,its
accepted,its business,except for mike who takes business a little to far and after awhile you can see he has taken in his extended family over his personal family.

the story is a typical rags to riches novel
except don vito steals and kills to stake his
claim on the world,instead of playing the stock-market.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Need some help for school! - 10/19/01 06:20 AM

Hey A.N. if u want to do well, READ the @!#@#$%$%^ BOOK! and watch each movie like 3 or 4 times..and if u haven't heard of M. Puzo u should probably choose another book.

Re: Need some help for school! - 10/19/01 06:38 AM

I've read the book twice and seen the movies atleast six times... what I meant was that u could give me some advices, Im not very good at forumulating myself so I thought that you could gimme some backup on things that I hadnt thought about. I never wanted you to do my work for me!
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Need some help for school! - 10/19/01 04:46 PM

oic, then writing a good paper depends on your working habits. Personally I don't care for drafts but whatever works 4 u I guess...

Re: Need some help for school! - 10/19/01 05:10 PM

Im sorry about the missleading headline of the topic. Anyway it doesnt matter. The questions that I wrote was just things that u should think about until an oral presentation in school later on.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Need some help for school! - 11/13/01 11:39 PM

what grade level is this for?

Re: Need some help for school! - 11/14/01 08:46 AM

highscool, Im 16 years old. delete this thread if u like.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Need some help for school! - 11/15/01 05:58 AM

Alberto: I'd advise you to look at two themes:
1. Although the GF has the Mafia as a defining milieu, it's not a book about the Mafia--it's a book about a family working within the Mafia. Think of "Gone With the Wind": The U.S. Civil War is the defining milieu, but GWTW is not a Civil War novel, it's about a family whose existence is defined by the Civil War.
2. The Mafia closely follows the rough tactics of American business and industry, particularly in the so-called "Robber Baron" era. Notice how many times characters in the GF refer to "business," as in "It's not personal, Sonny--it's business"; or, "Tell Mike it was business--I always liked him." Michael tells Kay that his father is like any other businessman who is responsible for others.
Posted By: La signora di fucile

Re: Need some help for school! - 11/20/01 10:01 PM

Originally posted by Don Jasani:
Hey A.N. if u want to do well, READ the @!#@#$%$%^ BOOK! and watch each movie like 3 or 4 times..and if u haven't heard of M. Puzo u should probably choose another book.

You shouldn't be so cutting. A.N. I advise you to forget completely about the films and think solely from the book, you will be marked down if you use issues from the film which are not in the book. That is ofcourse if you are doing you assignment on Mario Puzo and his novel.

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: La signora di fucile ]
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET