Home

one wish ?

Posted By: vito-1972

one wish ? - 08/23/01 07:49 PM

What is one thing from the book that you wish was in the movie ? Mine is Sonny meeting Tom on the streets.

Yeah the Corleone Empire was like the Roman Empire it was once
Posted By: SC

Re: one wish ? - 08/23/01 08:02 PM

I would have liked to see the gun being put to the bandleader's head (to get Johnny Fontaine get out of his contract).

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: SC ]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: one wish ? - 08/23/01 08:21 PM

I'd like to see young Vito speak at the table about Fanucci's demize. It reveals alot about what he said later, not letting others know what you're thinking.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: one wish ? - 08/23/01 10:55 PM

I'd like to see Luca take on the men sent by Capone. OOh yeah.

Or more about Luca in general.
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: one wish ? - 08/23/01 11:21 PM

I'd love to see Santino 'deal' with the men that came to fix the furnace, ha! that gives a real good impression of how he means to go on.
Posted By: Sonny

Re: one wish ? - 08/24/01 12:43 AM

I think I'd wish to see some of Nino Rota (and some of the great music) along with more of Al Neri's history.

A look at Luca's "axing" technique would be quite interesting as well.

Re: one wish ? - 08/24/01 12:45 AM

Originally posted by Joey Montana:
I'd like to see young Vito speak at the table about Fanucci's demize. It reveals alot about what he said later, not letting others know what you're thinking.

Which part are you talking about mate? Isn't that the dinner where he tells them to give him x$ each?

Re: one wish ? - 08/24/01 01:28 AM

Yes. Well sortof, when one of them asks: "Who do you think killed Fanucci?", Vito replies "I dont know". It shows alot about how he would be later on in life, not letting others know what he was thinking.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: one wish ? - 08/24/01 02:31 AM

I would have liked to see a bit more background on Luca Brasi. Maybe the time that he singlehandedly knocked off the Mob who tried to kill Vito the first time around.

Don Cardi

" You gotta get up close... BADABING! All over your nice ivy league suit!"

Re: one wish ? - 08/24/01 02:56 AM

The part of Luca's baby would be interesting too Don Cardi, don't you agree?

Re: one wish ? - 08/24/01 03:03 AM

Luca comes off as a bit of a dummy and slightly wierd (at the start of GFI), when in reality he was a loyal hammer who would do anything Vito asked. I wish they'd have showed him talk more and express his interest in the family. Maybe break a few necks too! smile grin

Re: one wish ? - 08/24/01 12:36 PM

I think we all agree on Luca. In the he is one of the best characters, its just a pity he has a limited role in the film.

Luca was afraid of no man apart from Vito and ironicly Luca is one of the only people that could make Vito nervous. I would have loved to see more of that in the film.

Re: one wish ? - 08/24/01 09:19 PM

Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
...Luca was afraid of no man apart from Vito...

Luca didn't fear Vito. He respected Vito to a great extent, but he didn't fear no one.

Re: one wish ? - 08/24/01 09:55 PM

Originally posted by Sonny:
Luca didn't fear Vito. He respected Vito to a great extent, but he didn't fear no one.

Hehe, that's an understatement. Wouldnt want to meet him in a dark alley. Or anywhere for that matter rolleyes [Linked Image]

Re: one wish ? - 08/24/01 10:01 PM

Originally posted by Joey Montana:

Hehe, that's an understatement. Wouldnt want to meet him in a dark alley. Or anywhere for that matter rolleyes [Linked Image]

Certainly not in front of an open and hot furnace....It's getting hot already here...hey, who's there?

Re: one wish ? - 08/25/01 03:08 AM

Luca was afraid of no man apart from Vito

Come on he was nervous to meet him, we all know that. Or am I missing something else, if so, enlighten me.

Re: one wish ? - 08/25/01 03:16 AM

I dont think he was scared, I think he was nervous he'd f'ck up his speech and accidentally tell the godfather that he wants the daughter's first child to be feminine or something
Posted By: La signora di fucile

Re: one wish ? - 11/22/01 10:40 PM

Mines would be to see more of Sandra and her talking about Sonny. Those bit's I found rather amusing.

Re: one wish ? - 11/23/01 04:01 PM

Just re-reading the novel, I'd like to have seen Al and Rocco doing over those two guys who tried to rape Amrigo's daughter. I'd also like to see the bit about Al Neri.
Posted By: Antonio Mancini

Re: one wish ? - 11/23/01 08:21 PM

the part of luca brasi's baby and the part of the men of capone. i'd also like to see when paulie's men hit the guys who attacked bonasera's daughter. also a little more about johhny fontaine and his friendm nino valenti.
Posted By: Francis The Kid Forducci

Re: one wish ? - 11/23/01 10:45 PM

I would love to see Vito's reaction to Sonny getting caught for armed robbery.
Posted By: Santino19

Re: one wish ? - 11/23/01 10:45 PM

I would have liked to have seen Paulie Gatto and those two guys beat the pulp out of Kevin Moonan and the other rotten Irish kid who tried to take Boneseras daughters' honor.

That would have been a great spot of violence.

Also the phone call from Bonesera to Hagen thanking the Godfather for his justice would have been a nice touch as well.

--------------------------------------------------

It's a Sicilian message, it means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes...

Re: one wish ? - 11/24/01 08:28 PM

I wish that U could have learned more about Clamenza and Tessio, I know that's not in the book, but I wish it was......
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET