Home

the johnny fontane story...

Posted By: LeroyBrown

the johnny fontane story... - 12/03/06 12:43 AM

...is it just me or is the johnny fontane story within the godfather story immensely entertaining? fontane's adventures in hollywood are really enjoyable, i just couldn't put the book down when puzo was writing about him, especially when he was muscling jack woltz, the head of the movie studio...

CHECK OUT MY MOVIE IDEAS: http://www.callumhouston.com/
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: the johnny fontane story... - 12/03/06 12:57 AM

The Johnny Fontaine story was very useful in the beginning of the novel because it helped set up some important characteristics of Vito: his relationship with and loyalty to a (formerly) big star who was his godson; his influence in Hollywood; the lengths Vito was willing to go to help his godson get what he wanted (muscling Woltz, killing Khartoum). I felt the rest of the Fontaine stuff in the novel was strictly superfluous--just a means to enable Puzo to show off all the crap he learned about during his years bouncing around Hollywood. Really boring. FFC wisely cut that stuff out of the movie.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: the johnny fontane story... - 12/03/06 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: LeroyBrown
...is it just me or is the johnny fontane story within the godfather story immensely entertaining? fontane's adventures in hollywood are really enjoyable, i just couldn't put the book down when puzo was writing about him, especially when he was muscling jack woltz, the head of the movie studio...

CHECK OUT MY MOVIE IDEAS: http://www.callumhouston.com/

If you enjoyed the Johnny Fontaine stories in The GF Novel, then you'll probably enjoy his stories in The Godfather's Revenge.
Personally, outside of his interactions with Vito, Michael and the Woltz situation, I think that his character and his other stories are pretty boring.

But sauseege his own.

Don Cardi
Posted By: olivant

Re: the johnny fontane story... - 12/03/06 01:44 AM

I agree. Also, I couldn't figure out the Nino relevance.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: the johnny fontane story... - 12/03/06 01:44 AM

I would rather read about Johnny Fontaine than read about Lucy Mancini and Dr. Jules
Posted By: whisper

Re: the johnny fontane story... - 06/20/07 02:14 AM

I wouldn't have imagined how much of the book was about Johnny.Honestly i found myself getting a little bit bored with it.It interrupted the flow of the novel for me.It was still entertaining but just not as much as the rest of the novel.Although i haven't finished it yet.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET