Home

we love scarface

Posted By: thugout_girl

we love scarface - 04/20/05 09:38 PM

if you dont like scarface something is wrong with you that is the coolest man ya'll know right
Posted By: SC

Re: we love scarface - 04/20/05 09:46 PM

This discussion thread about "Scarface" is being moved to the "Scarface" forum.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: we love scarface - 04/21/05 12:55 AM

Welcome to the boards, thugout_girl! And yes, Scarface is a great film. What I want to say is, if you don't like it (I do, just in case you're wondering) that doesn't mean something is wrong with you... But anyway, welcome to the boards, you're gonna have fun here!
Posted By: XDCX

Re: we love scarface - 04/21/05 01:41 AM

Originally posted by thugout_girl:
if you dont like scarface something is wrong with you that is the coolest man ya'll know right
Eh, it's ok. Welcome to the boards.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: we love scarface - 04/21/05 01:42 AM

Nice open mind. rolleyes

Scarface is good, and very overrated.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: we love scarface - 04/21/05 03:43 AM

Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Scarface is good, and [b]very overrated. [/b]
Amen...
Posted By: Rudik

Re: we love scarface - 04/24/05 06:08 AM

Scarface is way overrated. The plot is ok, but what make the movie soo good is Pacinos acting.
Posted By: Bubblehead

Re: we love scarface - 04/26/05 12:07 AM

Originally posted by Rudik:
Scarface is way overrated. The plot is ok, but what make the movie soo good is Pacinos acting.
that is the whole point of movies is to have excellent actors who can make a so called "overrated" movies an unforgettable hit. Scarface is NOT overrated.
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: we love scarface - 04/26/05 12:25 AM

Originally posted by Bubblehead:
Originally posted by Rudik:
[b] Scarface is way overrated. The plot is ok, but what make the movie soo good is Pacinos acting.
that is the whole point of movies is to have excellent actors who can make a so called "overrated" movies an unforgettable hit. Scarface is NOT overrated. [/b]
No, excellent actors do NOT mean an excellent movie. All actors, at least all that I can think of at the moment, have been in some pretty bad movies and in a lot of them, the acting wasn't bad. A movie has plenty to do with direction, dialogue, and of course the actual story.

Scarface (in my opinion) is overrated. Yeah, Pacino's performance is terrific (what else is new?) but its really just a movie about a guy who makes it from nothing to something by shooting his way to the top. Its a good movie, don't get me wrong, but has little depth or emotion to it.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: we love scarface - 04/26/05 02:22 AM

Originally posted by Moscarelli:
No, excellent actors do [b]NOT mean an excellent movie. All actors, at least all that I can think of at the moment, have been in some pretty bad movies and in a lot of them, the acting wasn't bad. A movie has plenty to do with direction, dialogue, and of course the actual story.

[/b]
Yes, that is quite true in many cases. But then again, an actor's greatness could make an average movie that much better! There have been many movies that have had good storylines but flopped because the actor or actress in the movie was mediocre and could not pull that movie over the top. Then there are the cases where the plot line is good and the actor or actress in it does such a fantastic job that they pull what would have been a mediocre movie over the top!

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Vito The Godfather

Re: we love scarface - 04/26/05 06:53 AM

Welcome to the boards. smile
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET