Home

THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer!

Posted By: J Geoff

THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/18/03 05:32 PM

Finally! This is the novel I had read a couple months ago and fell in love with. I believe EVERY fan of Scarface will LOVE it, too!

It will be available to the general public around the 3rd week of October -- but the author, Dejohn, has extended a special offer for visitors of this web site!! Anyone who reads this can pre-order the book now, and receive it two weeks before everyone else!

[Linked Image]

THE RETURN OF SF is the story of two brothers, Alejandro and Roberto. Join their wild journey from the streets of Cuba, to the excitement of Miami's nightlife. We follow them and their attempts to resist the drug world that doomed their father.

It is also about a major player coming back from the past. At first trying to live a normal life. But ultimately realizing that revenge is the only answer.

Read more about it, and order it from here:

[b]http://www.TheReturnOfSF.com/[/b]

Note: This book will not be available via Amazon.com until closer to release. You can use PayPal to order it in the mean time, or send a check or money order to the address on the site.
Posted By: ScarfaceRH

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/18/03 07:51 PM

This looks great! Thanks Geoff for sharing this with us. I'm going to see if I can preorder it soon. Geoff, is there any scenes as shocking as the chainsaw scene or the last scene? Also it says: It is also about a major player coming back from the past. At first trying to live a normal life. But ultimately realizing that revenge is the only answer. Could that be Tony? Man I can't wait!

Riley
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/18/03 08:22 PM

...it is two differ guys, how is it related?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/18/03 08:31 PM

I am not going to give it away - it'd ruin the surprises! I will say, though, that it's very engaging and exciting. Probably not as violent as the movie, but there are plenty of rollercoaster rides in this book!

BTW - and this does not detract from the book at all - but the names are changed for now. You will know who's who, though...

Maybe I can convince the author to join us here... hmmm... grin
Posted By: Zasa

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/18/03 09:52 PM

Why is it called Return of SF instead of Return of Scarface?
Posted By: Patrick

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/18/03 09:56 PM

maybe because the 2 people on the cover have names that start with s and f, or he just didn't want to put scarface.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/18/03 10:11 PM

Originally posted by J Geoff:
I am not going to give it away - it'd ruin the surprises! I will say, though, that it's very engaging and exciting. Probably not as violent as the movie, but there are plenty of rollercoaster rides in this book!
Yeah I didn't want you to tell me if Tony was coming back or anything- it was just a thought wink smile

Maybe I can convince the author to join us here... hmmm... grin
That would be pretty cool. Do you really think he would? That would be a treat... grin

Riley

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/18/03 10:17 PM

j geoff--think i could buy your original scarface book by paul monette? i can't find it anywhere. -Pat
Posted By: Robert CK

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/19/03 12:19 AM

Hey Pat i got mine scarface novel at www.half.com. wink
Posted By: Raulito

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/19/03 01:10 AM

lol that poster reminds me of that new show on UPN, whats it called? The Mullet Bros.? Anyways, the plot seems pretty nice, so maybe i would buy it. ANy suggestions Geoff?
Posted By: Zasa

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/19/03 01:23 AM

Will The Skull make an appearence?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/19/03 07:23 AM

Originally posted by Zasa:
Will The Skull make an appearence?
Maybe grin
Posted By: skaggerratt

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/19/03 01:29 PM

this is my guess as to why the title is "sf" and not Scarface.

It could be that the author is intending this novel to be read by (and read solely by) fans of the mafia and the film scarface and not for the rappers and other wannabe mafioso that rap about being mafia dons. If the title read "The Return of Scarface" more people of the MTV culture would use this novel as PR to their advantage (just like they use the film "Scarface" on shows like "Cribs" to illustrate to their fans that they somehow can relate to Tony Mantana) and distort to true meaning of the story. On the bright side, if it wasnt for the "buzz" of scarface, i dont know if there would be a re-release of the film on DVD and the showing of it in select movie theaters. Anyway, based on my reading of such topics, that is my guess at the reason why the title reads "sf" and not "Scarface" Do my ideas reflect your ideas, or am i just talking out of my ass lol
Posted By: ElMono69

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/19/03 05:22 PM

Maybe it has to do with that Scarface is a registered trademark of Universal? Or some kind of legal stuff like that. So they probably just put SF instead of going threw all that legal crap is my guess.
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/19/03 06:09 PM

Originally posted by skaggerratt:
this is my guess as to why the title is "sf" and not Scarface.

It could be that the author is intending this novel to be read by (and read solely by) fans of the mafia and the film scarface and not for the rappers and other wannabe mafioso that rap about being mafia dons. If the title read "The Return of Scarface" more people of the MTV culture would use this novel as PR to their advantage (just like they use the film "Scarface" on shows like "Cribs" to illustrate to their fans that they somehow can relate to Tony Mantana) and distort to true meaning of the story. On the bright side, if it wasnt for the "buzz" of scarface, i dont know if there would be a re-release of the film on DVD and the showing of it in select movie theaters. Anyway, based on my reading of such topics, that is my guess at the reason why the title reads "sf" and not "Scarface" Do my ideas reflect your ideas, or am i just talking out of my ass lol
Its a good theory, but I don't know how the author actually feels about the Scarface "buzz". You would think that just about anyone doing a book or anything based on Scarface would jump at the current time to get the book out to coincide with the DVD release...

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/19/03 11:22 PM

hey j geoff, why don't you just tell us why it's SF? i'm sure you know. grin rolleyes -Pat
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/20/03 02:24 AM

Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
...it is two differ guys, how is it related?
Maybe El Vira had twins

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/20/03 03:01 AM

what if it's a prequel? mad mad mad

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/20/03 05:57 AM

Originally posted by Patrick:
hey j geoff, why don't you just tell us why it's SF? i'm sure you know. grin rolleyes -Pat
If I told you, I'd have to kill you... grin But, I will say that ElMono's theory is closer than skaggerratt's grin

Has anyone ordered this yet? I can't wait 'til you read it, so we can talk about it...!! smile

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/20/03 02:50 PM

[b] hey j geoff, why don't you just tell us why it's SF? i'm sure you know. grin rolleyes -Pat
If I told you, I'd have to kill you... grin But, I will say that ElMono's theory is closer than skaggerratt's grin

Has anyone ordered this yet? I can't wait 'til you read it, so we can talk about it...!! smile [/b]
will this eventually be published and be available everywhere like walden books, amazon, borders, etc?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/20/03 05:30 PM

will this eventually be published and be available everywhere like walden books, amazon, borders, etc?
Well, technically it is being published. If this first run goes well, we could see it picked up by a major publisher resulting in world-wide distribution... so, if you like it, tell your friends smile

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/20/03 07:11 PM

Has anyone ordered this yet? I can't wait 'til you read it, so we can talk about it...!! smile [/QB]
Hey geoff I ordered it. wink Is the book going to be closer related to Scarface the movie or the book? confused

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/20/03 07:20 PM

it should be about Tony's sons killling the skull. Now that would kick ass mad tongue cool

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/20/03 08:29 PM

j geoff, can't you tell us if it's a prequel or sequel of scarface? those 2 people on the cover could be his sons OR tony and manny growing up. -Pat
Posted By: TonyMontana

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/20/03 08:58 PM

Naw, the Miami Nightlife Scene?? Demise of their father??? Its a sequel.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/20/03 09:02 PM

miami nightlife scene? what?
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/21/03 05:00 PM

i just ordered it. [Linked Image]

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/21/03 10:03 PM

site wont respond for me. how much is it? -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/21/03 10:07 PM

$15

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/21/03 10:21 PM

$15?!?!?! for a book?!?!??! is it hard or paper back? mad
Posted By: PappaGiorgio

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 12:28 AM

Originally posted by ElMono69:
Maybe it has to do with that Scarface is a registered trademark of Universal? Or some kind of legal stuff like that.
I doubt it because there is a rapper calling himself Scarface and naming his albums like "The World Is Yours", "My Balls and My Word".

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 12:33 AM

he probably has a contract with them though. the author might be an average person who doesn't have 5 million bucks to spend for a contract. -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 12:37 AM

he probably has a contract with them though. the author might be an average person who doesn't have 5 million bucks to spend for a contract. -Pat
I don't think he has a contract with Universal. His record company is Def Jam.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 01:28 AM

and def jam made a deal with them to make a soundtrack and do a 30 minute documentary on the DVD. -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 03:53 AM

and def jam made a deal with them to make a soundtrack and do a 30 minute documentary on the DVD. -Pat
the rapper has been calling himself Scarface years before Def Jam made a deal w/Universal.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 06:08 AM

$15?!?!?! for a book?!?!??!
What the hell planet are you from? confused tongue ohwell
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 06:13 AM

The one where books are $14.99 or less. lol

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 11:43 PM

[b] $15?!?!?! for a book?!?!??!
What the hell planet are you from? confused tongue ohwell [/b]
that's a lot of money man. the most i ever spent on a book was $10 (hardback). -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 11:46 PM

You must not read much Pat. tongue

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 11:51 PM

only read 2 books in the last year. "The Killing Of Tupac Shakur" and "Monster: The Autobiography Of An L.A. Gang Member." i got the one in the library. tongue -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 11:58 PM

that's a lot of money man.
Cheaper than a CD tongue You shoulda had a summer job rather than sitting on the computer wasting away like me wink

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/23/03 11:59 PM

i've had a job since april at arby's. blush -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/24/03 12:31 AM

I just preordered mine. I'm really excited about this-I can't wait! grin It looks really good. This is DEJOHN's first book and I hope not his last. Hopefully I won't have anything to read at school when I get it so I can read this!

Riley

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/24/03 12:57 AM

you guys are lucky. frown i have to talk my parents into letting me get it. does anyone else thing that this is going to be like carlito's way? frown it says 2 brothers trying to resist the drug world just like carlito wanted to, but couldn't. -Pat

PS--J geoff, you never answered my question. can i buy your "scarface" book my paul monette?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/24/03 03:21 AM

can i buy your "scarface" book my paul monette?
Hell no - sorry. Try ebay.com or half.com -- or a used bookstore in your area, that's where I found one of mine grin
Posted By: Familiar

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/24/03 07:06 AM

are they scarface's (Tony's) sons? nope, i think.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/24/03 09:12 PM

Originally posted by Familiar:
are they scarface's (Tony's) sons? nope, i think.
yes, they're tony's sons. -Pat
Posted By: Meltdown_Montonna

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/25/03 12:43 AM

[QUOTE] Try ebay.com or half.com -- or a used bookstore in your area, that's where I found one of mine grin
hey man don't try half.com. those bastards screwed me out of a scarface dvd. now that was a dvd, how would they handle a RARE piece of literature? i guess is that chances are tht you too, will be screwed if you order from half.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/25/03 12:56 AM

j geoff--i don't like using the credit card...........i'd rather pay in cash. -Pat
Posted By: Johnny Tightlips

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/28/03 01:58 AM

i don't get it, and i'll probably get made fun of for this, but was there an original scarface book and this is a sequel, or is this the same story just rereleased, also if there was an original scarface book, is it just like the 1983 scarface?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/28/03 02:01 AM

yes, there was an original scarface book by paul monette. i'm not sure if this is a sequel, but since it's about his sons coming to miami and trying to avoid his path, my guess would be yes, it's a sequel. -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/28/03 08:24 PM

maybe the two brothers are the diaz brothers?!?! eek

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/28/03 08:34 PM

no, they're tony's sons. -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/29/03 01:43 AM

i know i was just joking

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 09/29/03 02:11 AM

told you guys i was gullible. tongue blush -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/02/03 01:41 AM

Update: Looks like these books will be available late next week! I'll update again when I know for sure!

I also heard it won't be on Amazon for a while, so if you want it, please use the PayPal shopping cart on the site --or-- send a check/money order for $17.94 ($14.95 + $2.99 s/h) to:

Dejohn Enterprises
P.O Box 2058
Peekskill, NY 10566

Tell 'em you came from Gangster BB!

Dejohn will ship internationally, if you can pay via PayPal or in US funds. Contact him with any questions about that.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/02/03 01:47 AM

Here's the one I want.
[Linked Image]

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/02/03 01:50 AM

me too, no one will sell it. frown -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/06/03 02:12 AM

told you guys i was gullible. tongue blush -Pat
Don't worry I thought he was serious too blush

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/06/03 08:34 PM

Originally posted by DannyMontana:
[b] told you guys i was gullible. tongue blush -Pat
Don't worry I thought he was serious too blush [/b]
HAHAHHAHAHA. tongue lol grin

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/06/03 08:37 PM

[b]
[b] told you guys i was gullible. tongue blush -Pat
Don't worry I thought he was serious too blush [/b]
HAHAHHAHAHA. tongue lol grin [/b]
I did!! I was about to quote the post and be like WTF but while it was loading i scrolled down and felt stupid
Posted By: Tony'sTiger

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/09/03 03:14 AM

is it just me or do these guys have freakin mullets?? What the hell is that about?
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/09/03 05:25 PM

I'm gonna mail off for two copies tomorrow. I was just curious, JGeoff, is it a hardbound? $14.99, I would assume so, but I was just curious.
Posted By: Owen

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/09/03 08:57 PM

it looks like a good book. how was the first one by Paul Monette?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/09/03 11:33 PM

i think it's paper back. -Pat
Posted By: badguytony

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/10/03 12:50 AM

I'm hoping that the book will be at places like Barnes& Noble too.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/10/03 02:24 AM

Originally posted by badguytony:
I'm hoping that the book will be at places like Barnes& Noble too.
well, JG said it wouldn't be on amazon for awhile. so my guess is that it'd be the same for walden books, barnes and noble, borders, etc. -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/10/03 07:07 AM

It's not hardcover, but I think it's an oversized paperback. I'll know for sure when I get it tomorrow or Saturday. (Everyone who's ordered it should get it next week or sooner!)

If it does well -- which I am sure it will -- the distribution should expand to the more major markets. So, when the reviews start rolling in here, hopefully it'll make that easier!

But you can do your part by ordering online - credit card, check, money order... no reason you can't tongue grin

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 05:04 PM

My dad just handed me my copy. It is pretty big, not a hardcover. I'm glad I finished my book report for school so I can read this now! I can't wait. I'll post back when I'm finished. It's even autographed! The only problem is it's to my dad and not me! lol Well that doesn't really matter. Did anyone else receive theirs today? It came with bookmarks too.

Riley
Posted By: Rota

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 08:13 PM

Say care to say anymore details, man?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 10:29 PM

Damn, you got it before me!! lol I wasn't home when the mail came, so I gotta pick it up on Monday ohwell How's it look? Hope you enjoy it!

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 10:50 PM

It looks really great. I think I'm around page 50 now, and I'm just taking a little break, but I'm about to go up to my room again and start reading smile . I think I've figured out some of the characters that were from the movie. I hope that you all get yours soon!

Riley

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 11:06 PM

Riley - How many pages did the final book take up?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 11:12 PM

Exactly what day did it come out?
Posted By: Good Guy

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 11:32 PM

Where could I get it at a reasonable price?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 11:33 PM

Yeah, and how much is the average price for it

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 11:39 PM

Riley - How many pages did the final book take up?
It's 323 pages long and I'm on page 83 grin . It's so far, my favorite book. I know who the major player is, and all of the others from the movie. Also, to answer the other questions, the link that JG gave has a really good price of $14.95.

Riley

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 11:43 PM

The release date, I guess, is today. smile
For now, you can only get it from:

1) http://www.thereturnofsf.com/ (using PayPal)

2) Sending a US$17.94 ($14.95 + $2.99 s/h) check or M.O. to:

Dejohn Enterprises
P.O Box 2058
Peekskill, NY 10566

3) Or at the end of the month, one of these 4 bookstores in New York City. (Online and mail orders get it early, as part of this exclusive promotion on this site.)

It is not yet available on Amazon.com.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/11/03 11:46 PM

Originally posted by ScarfaceRH:
I know who the major player is, and all of the others from the movie.
Just be sure NOT to divulge any of that info here. It'd really spoil it for those who haven't read it. In a few days, perhaps I'll start a *SPOILER* thread for this book so we can discuss it. But until then, please keep the omerta smile

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/12/03 03:16 AM

glad you told me $17.94, JG. i wasn't sure if it was just $14.95 or if we had to pay more. cash it is. grin -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/12/03 05:45 AM

I also recieved mine today looks really great but I only had like a little time to read it because I was out all day and it was really nice for Dejohn to sign it and everything and I'd also notice something in the front of the book. It was a review or recommendiation and it said "If you like Scarface, you'll love The Reture of SF."
Jeff C.
Diehard Scarface fan
Is that you Jeff?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/12/03 05:17 PM

No, my name is spelled Geoff and my last initial is M, not C -- but, it should've been me grin

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/12/03 06:28 PM

Sorry for the mistake. I could have sworn that was you. blush

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/13/03 02:37 AM

I just finished it, and it's an excellent book, one of my favorites. I started it yesterday and I just couldn't put it down! Very nice action scenes and just a very well-written book. I highly recommend it to all Scarface fans. It also has a nice cliffhanger.

Riley

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/13/03 03:13 AM

Damnm, RH! You finished it faster than I did! But then again, I was reading the final draft, on single sheets of paper, while making notes smile I'm so glad you liked it!

Would you recommend it to everyone else here? wink

If you want to start a *SPOILER* thread, be my guest. Just be sure to include *SPOILER* in the subject!

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/13/03 12:25 PM

I'm on page 207 really great book best book I read since Harry Potter. Whats sad about that is I'm not kidding. blush But anyways I'll probably be done with it today or tommorrow. It's really great had no idea it had so many sex sences in it. In the first 10 pages theres sex, a killing, and a raping. Really exciding and fast moving. Hope that the rest of you guys are enjoying the book. smile

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/13/03 07:19 PM

Originally posted by Robert CK:
I'm on page 207 really great book best book I read since Harry Potter. Whats sad about that is I'm not kidding. blush But anyways I'll probably be done with it today or tommorrow. It's really great had no idea it had so many sex sences in it. In the first 10 pages theres sex, a killing, and a raping. Really exciding and fast moving. Hope that the rest of you guys are enjoying the book. smile
It must be really great if Mr. I Hate Reading (Robert) likes it

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/13/03 08:01 PM

Damnm, RH! You finished it faster than I did! But then again, I was reading the final draft, on single sheets of paper, while making notes smile I'm so glad you liked it!
Would you recommend it to everyone else here? wink
If you want to start a *SPOILER* thread, be my guest. Just be sure to include *SPOILER* in the subject!
I didn't have much homework this weekend, and I'm a fast reader, especially when it's something I'm interested in smile wink . I started the spoiler thread too. JG, do you know how many people from here ordered it?

Riley

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/13/03 08:42 PM

Geoff, why are the names changed in the book? confused

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/14/03 10:44 PM

For legal reasons, mostly. Although it may not have been necessary. I don't now, I'm not a lawyer smile

Anyway -

I finally got my copy today! (I missed the mailman Saturday, and yesterday was a holiday ohwell ) It looks great. I'll probably read it for the second time after I finish the last Lord of the Rings book. grin

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/14/03 11:21 PM

my dad said i have to wait for him to get his credit card statement. mad can't i just send $17.97 to the address and include my address and i'll get the book? confused -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/14/03 11:39 PM

can't i just send $17.97 to the address and include my address and i'll get the book? confused -Pat
See below:

2) Sending a US$17.94 ($14.95 + $2.99 s/h) check or M.O. to:

Dejohn Enterprises
P.O Box 2058
Peekskill, NY 10566

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/15/03 07:48 PM

Yeah, I'm sending in a money order as well. Oh, and Dejohn answered my email on whether your order will be safe and reach him safe and sound.

His reply:

"Hello John,

We at Dejohn Enterprises understand your concern. But we have received numerous money orders and personal checks, and have not encountered any problems. Please include the money order with a note stating the complete mailing address, to where you want the book shipped to. Keep the copy of the money order for your own records. As soon as the money order is received, you will be notified. Thank you for writing to Dejohn Enterprises."
Posted By: plainswalker18

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/25/03 09:11 PM

when is it coming out to people didnt order it or do you have to order it? (coming to bookstores)

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/26/03 03:23 AM

Originally posted by plainswalker18:
when is it coming out to people didnt order it or do you have to order it? (coming to bookstores)
i think they said it'd be awhile in an earlier post. -Pat

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/26/03 03:54 PM

Yeah, Amazon should have it on their website sometime this year, and, if you live in the New York area, it's available in four of the bookstores there. I think JGeoff said that the book will expand to other bookstores, like Waldenbooks, Borders, or Brentanos, when the book starts selling well and starts getting known by more people throughout the country.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/26/03 03:56 PM

what stores in NY? do they have sites to order from?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/26/03 03:59 PM

From DeJohn's website:

Bronx:

Bronx Bookplace, Inc
2460 Grand Concourse
Bronx, New York 10458
(between Fordham Rd. & 188th st. Manhattan Store:

Hue-man Bookstore
2319 Frederick Douglass Blvd.
New York, NY !0027
(between 124th & 125th streets)

Brooklyn store:

Nubian Heritage
560 Fulton St.
Brooklyn, NY 11217

Queens Store:

Nubian Heritage
168-14 Jamaica Ave
Jamaica, NY 11432

Doesn't have anything on an e-mail adress, but try doing a search nonetheless.
Posted By: Scarface4ever

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 11/04/03 01:20 AM

if i order the book now, will DEJOHN himself still sign it?

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 11/04/03 08:02 AM

Originally posted by Scarface4evr:
if i order the book now, will DEJOHN himself still sign it?
Tell him I said so wink

You can also send a check/money order in U.S. funds for $17.94 ($14.95 + $2.99 s/h) to:

Dejohn Enterprises
P.O Box 2058
Peekskill, NY 10566

Or use the PayPal shopping cart at the web site

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 11/04/03 11:59 AM

Just wondering, but how many of us here have finished it?

Riley
Posted By: Scarface Zombie

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 11/20/03 09:46 PM

i don't think that it will be about Tony's kids. It probably will be but in the film didn't Tony state that him and El Vira couldn't have children because her body was so polluted.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 11/22/03 01:13 AM

Scarface Zombie, where have you been???? I E-Mailed you about it.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 11/29/03 03:32 AM

Special Holiday Sale Price!

For those who have been putting it off, I suggest getting it now while it's $5 off!!

http://www.thereturnofsf.com/

What a great gift... for you! grin
Posted By: king henrik

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 12/02/03 09:14 PM

im confused about this book...

-is it supposed to be pre-tony montana
-tony's offspring/relatives?
-or nothing to do with tony
-a cheap rip off story of scarface where they start from cuba and rise in america? "the world is thiers" wink grin

someone who has read the book please explain.

cheers

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 12/04/03 02:43 AM

I don't know about all of it.

It is supposed to be about these two tiwns that rise up in the drugworld in Miami ( I am not finished with it yet). They used to live in Cuba but went to Miami for a reason that could be a spoiler so I won't post it. They are the sons of Alex Sanchez (Tony Montana type character) , a guy who was killed in 1983 in his mansion, with a shotgun hole in his chest and people dead ( what a detective says) and the guy who sent the army to kill him lived in Bolivia (Sosa type character).

Well, its like the same storyline in Scarface as for their father. So I do not understand why it wasn't put like that.
Posted By: tony montana the best ganster ever

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 03/04/04 11:08 PM

can you only get online or in a book store
Posted By: MickeyBlueEyes

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 05/07/04 02:27 AM

yup
Posted By: Intenzo

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 06/01/04 03:43 PM

Can you get it at a book store let me know
Posted By: Patches

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 06/01/04 05:16 PM

I believe its only avalible online unless you live in New York. It is worth the trouble though and mine was autographed as were a few others on the BB.
Posted By: Intenzo

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 06/01/04 06:08 PM

Thank you i am going to get my copy today..

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 06/05/04 05:12 PM

You should recieve it in about two weeks and you won't be disapointed. wink
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 06/23/04 09:30 PM

I don't know about all of it.

Well, its like the same storyline in Scarface as for their father. So I do not understand why it wasn't put like that.
I finally got around to starting this book. I have read about 100 pages and so far so good. I believe that the reason that DeJohn could not use the real movie names as it would probably require much licensing, copywright BS and so forth. But DeJohn does a great Job in making the reader realize which characters are from the movie. If you are a Scarface fan, then you won't have a problem recognizing the past players that are in or reffered to in the book.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 06/24/04 01:21 PM

Please forgive my ignorance in regards to this thread but I had a question & I'm not sured if it's been asked/answered. Is this book like a sequel to Scarface? Is it where the movie left off? Is the father in this book Tony Montana??

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 06/24/04 03:30 PM

Spoiler Warning!!
Yes, its Tony's sons NOT Elvira's sons. End Spoiler...

Its really good you should check it out.

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 07/01/04 05:23 PM

Spoilers

This book is really great. I was lucky enough to get it signed by DeJohn. Now I have to ask, what was your favorite part in the book? I have a lot, like the attemmped murder of Sergio Fernandez in the begining and the part with the dogs in New York. My most favorite part has to be the homemade heroin convulsion. Cna't remember who died of it, but I do remember that It was a real good part

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 07/07/04 01:02 AM

Guess what? Finally!

Those of you who have been putting off purchasing this book have more options now!

1) Call your local WALDENBOOKS or BORDERS to order it, then pick it up in about a week ($14.95 and NO S&H)!

Ask for: The Return of SF (ISBN 0-9754528-0-0)

2) Order Online:

SITE STORE (purchase from the site store, and get your copy autographed FREE!)

or (finally wink ) AMAZON.COM ($14.95 + S/H)

3) Mail Order:

Send US$15.94 (Sale Price $12.95 + $2.99 S/H) per book, check or money order (in US Funds) payable to:

Dejohn Enterprises
P.O Box 2058
Peekskill, NY 10566

(They deliver world-wide)

4) Visit one of the 6 New York City locations that have it in stock.

BTW - This second edition has been edited better than the first wink

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 07/09/04 04:24 PM

I'm glad that some people can get them at book stores, but I love my little autographed copy!
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/14/04 01:56 AM

...Maybe I can convince the author to join us here... hmmm... grin
Maybe you can get around to pos6ing the transcripts of that, like you said you would...hmmm... grin tongue

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 10/18/04 05:55 PM

Doh! Oh yeah... I'll try to get around to that... blush

BTW - I talked to him the other night, and was happy to hear that his next one is coming along - and he says it'll be even better!

Also - The price has been reduced if you order it from http://www.thereturnofsf.com -- only $9.99!! cool
Posted By: Pablo

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 02/23/05 09:17 PM

Hi Everyone. just finished reading return of sf. What did everyone think of it? The ending was a bit disapointing dont you think? ohwell
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 03/04/05 02:35 AM

Originally posted by Pablo:
Hi Everyone. just finished reading return of sf. What did everyone think of it? The ending was a bit disapointing dont you think? ohwell
I enjoyed the book very much. A fast and interesting read. I thought that the ending was pretty good. A nice twist.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Pablo

Re: THE RETURN OF SF - Novel - Special Offer! - 03/09/05 11:46 PM

Hey Don, did you get your book signed by Dejohn? Thought that was a really nice touch!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET