Home

Prequel?

Posted By: DonPacino

Prequel? - 01/31/07 11:10 PM

I was sitting with some friends with mine today and we were talking about the majority of the films playing at the cinema these days were utter rubbish. We talked about the good old films and got chatting about Scarface. I know a Cuban rap star was planning to make a sequel called Son Of Tony but I thought maybe a prequel could be made. It could show how Tony gets the famous scar,how he gets into the army and then deported. But now I think Scarface wouldn't be much with out Al Pacino, would are you opinions about another film?
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Prequel? - 02/01/07 12:39 AM

There's been talk about a TV series on USA. I'm against it all. I think any TV show, movie sequel/prequel would be a HORRIBLE idea and would just ruin Brian De Palma's masterpiece.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Prequel? - 02/01/07 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: DonPacino
I was sitting with some friends with mine today and we were talking about the majority of the films playing at the cinema these days were utter rubbish. We talked about the good old films and got chatting about Scarface. I know a Cuban rap star was planning to make a sequel called Son Of Tony but I thought maybe a prequel could be made. It could show how Tony gets the famous scar,how he gets into the army and then deported. But now I think Scarface wouldn't be much with out Al Pacino, would are you opinions about another film?

The scar is explained in the original book. In the movie the INS officer makes a remark, in the form of a question, as to how Tony got the scar. What the INS agant says is not that far off from the explaination given in the book as to how Tony got the scar.

There is prequel that was written in book form titled

Scarface: The Begining.

Don Cardi
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Prequel? - 02/01/07 03:09 AM

I read it and if nothing else it was an interesting look into the early days of the Castro regime and communist Cuba.
Part 2 in the series, SCARFACE:POINT OF NO RETURN, is scheduled to be released on February 28th. The author is L.A Banks.

Re: Prequel? - 02/01/07 08:09 AM

Thanks Don Cardi, pizzaboy & Irishman that really helped.
Posted By: Dakosta

Re: Prequel? - 02/01/07 08:32 AM

It is said that second parts have never been good.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Prequel? - 02/01/07 08:50 AM

But now I think Scarface wouldn't be much with out Al Pacino

Even if the movie was made as well as possible, I think this point you made is the most sound. Without Al Pacino playing Scarface then what's the point? It would just be somebody trying to make money off of the already famous name.

Re: Prequel? - 02/01/07 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
But now I think Scarface wouldn't be much with out Al Pacino

Even if the movie was made as well as possible, I think this point you made is the most sound. Without Al Pacino playing Scarface then what's the point? It would just be somebody trying to make money off of the already famous name.

Exactly.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET