Home

Stay After the Credits!

Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Stay After the Credits! - 05/08/06 04:37 AM

Some films make for an interesting gimmick to make people stay afterwards in theaters, or at home with their DVD by featuring something quite interesting to watch for that pops up after the final credits play out. A few examples:

FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF (1986)

My personal favorite. We have the title character himself, Ferris (Matthew Broderick) walking out of his bathroom when he stops, and turns to the camera:

"You're still here? It's over. Go home."

He walks away, with the look of someone quite shocked that somebody decided to stay home.

CAPE FEAR (1991)

If anyone remembers my review of this movie from months back, you might just recognize the nice little feature that was heard after the credits.

Wait as you hear some the violent tides of water, then you hear it. Distant shreks of terror from women. Did the villain(Robert DeNiro) survive and continued his murderous rage, or is it simply that such evil perpetrated on the victims will live out in their minds for the rest of their days?

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN (2003)

After this big-budget blockbuster picture, we already know the basic, if problematic, idea of taking cursed treatsure and thus making one into a decently-drawn ILM skeleton. So we see the former evil zombie/skeleton monkey decide to take some of the treasure himself....and well, lets just say that there is a reason why humans evolved, leaving those simians behind.

But there are many many many more folks! Give everyone the heads up on other such nice special treats one can find...if they STAY AFTER THE CREDITS!
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/08/06 04:15 PM

The credits of Ferris Bueler are pretty funny themselves. That principal walking in the bus, searching for a place to sit, while that really cool music is playing... Just hilarious!!!
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/08/06 07:08 PM

There's some kind of wedding after the credits of Napoleon Dynamite. I've never watched it myself but I know it's there because I've seen parts of it at work
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/08/06 08:07 PM

Credits are just about long enough now to offer a "settle-down" period after the film's finished. I always stay and watch them.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/08/06 09:34 PM

The only time I stay until the credits (nearly) end is when the film emotionally 'did' something to me. When I have this thing stuck in my throat, as a result of the film's impact on my mood. It doesn't even have to be a good film, but some films can do that.

Then, I stay when the credits roll. Even at home, before my TV.

The last films were that happened were In the Name of the Father and Apocalypse Now Redux
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/08/06 11:27 PM

City of God, or Cidade de Deus

it features a real life TV footage with an interview that tells a lot about the movie
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/09/06 01:55 AM

I like to read the credits and look for people with unusual names.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/09/06 10:43 AM

Recently, the whole theatre stayed for the end credits of Haneke's Caché. And that was in expectation of something happening.

I won't spoil it.

Actually, the first film I stayed for the whole credits for was The Life Aquatic.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/09/06 10:59 AM

I never read the end credits.
Posted By: gangstas moll

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/09/06 12:06 PM

i usually stay to see the credits for songs of heard during the movie
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/09/06 01:02 PM

I'm usually very ready once the film is over for it to actually be over. If I'm at the cinema (rarely) I'll be ready to get up and stretch my legs. I hate all this messing about, getting up to go, then sitting back down, people getting confused and rubbing chip spice on their nipples.

Though, as always, there are exceptions to the rule. Firstly, as already said, a bloody good song will keep you glued to your seat. A few notable mentions include Goodfellas' Paint it Black and of course the Godfather films.

Dawn of the Dead ('04) has a decent end track but I can't remember if it's Cash's When the Man comes around or the acoustic version of Down with the Sickness. I actually also like what happens during the end credits regarding the film though still they're frustrating to watch on repeat viewings because like I said I want the film to be over when the credits roll.
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/09/06 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:

Though, as always, there are exceptions to the rule. Firstly, as already said, a bloody good song will keep you glued to your seat. A few notable mentions include Goodfellas' Paint it Black and of course the Godfather films.

The Song at the end of Goodfellas was My Way by John Simon Ricthie
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/09/06 03:30 PM

"Paint it Black" was featured in the end credits of FULL METAL JACKET....still, it kept me glued, so ya hes correct.

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/28/06 05:00 PM

There's a quick clip after Kill Bill Volume 2 that's probably an outtake. Also, there's about a 10-15 second clip after X3. So as ronnie says, STAY AFTER THE CREDITS!
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/28/06 05:05 PM

It was interesting, when I went to Los Angeles to stay with my cousin, he took me to see a couple movies. And in LA, it's common practice for the theater to not bring up the house lights as the credits roll and almost no one leaves because more often than not, a few people in the audience will know someone or will themselves somehow be involved in the making of the film.

Considering it's LA, and tons of people are in the movie business, they do it as a common courtesy to people trying to find their names, and the credits become a whole new aspect of the viewing the film.

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 07/07/06 07:34 PM

Stay after the credits for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest too
Posted By: bogey

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 07/07/06 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
Stay after the credits for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest too
I saw the midnight show last night. The thing after the credits is NOT that worth it (and this is coming from the ultimate POTC fan.), especially after 2 hours of holding having to go to the bathroom.

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 07/07/06 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bogey:
(and this is coming from the ultimate POTC fan.), especially after 2 hours of holding having to go to the bathroom.
Now you know how I feel after Superman Returns, except I didn't go back to see what I didn't miss
Posted By: hova4ever9

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 07/08/06 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bogey:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] Stay after the credits for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest too
I saw the midnight show last night. The thing after the credits is NOT that worth it (and this is coming from the ultimate POTC fan.), especially after 2 hours of holding having to go to the bathroom. [/b][/quote]whats the thing after the credits about?

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 07/08/06 07:44 PM

I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 09/01/06 05:53 AM

Adventures in Babysitting

One of the criminals that climbs onto the ledge to get the playboy from the little girl, Sara, is shown at the end of the movie still hanging onto the buidling wimpering. Out of all the times I've seen this movie, this is the first time I noticed this.
Posted By: Silvio

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 09/01/06 06:03 AM

I cant think of any in any particularly GOOD movies, but...

DAREDEVIL
Someone you may have thought was dead is still alive, why this is AFTER the credits I dont know...

AUSTIN POWERS 2
More Will Ferrel in extreme pain

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 09/01/06 11:39 PM

Masters of the Universe

The same thing happened today with the credits. Skelator at the end says, "I'll be back!"

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 12/04/06 08:00 AM

Add Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby to the list. Nothing much, just Ricky's mother reading to the boys (Walker and Texas Ranger)

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 01/12/07 07:29 AM

Crank has a little video game of Jason Statham shooting people in a public street and then promptly tells the view to "insert more coins to continue"

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 02/10/07 08:33 AM

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Steve Martin's boss still going over the ads during the Thanksgiving holidays

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 03/04/07 05:38 AM

Blade: Trinity

Just Blade driving in his career for 5 seconds

Re: Stay After the Credits! - 05/25/07 08:16 PM

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END

I won't spoil it but stay after the credits (like the first 2) ;\)
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET