Home

Films You've Seen 25+ Times

Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:08 AM

Not that you were neccesarily counting, but list all the movies you feel like you've probably seen more than 25 times in full.

For me...

American Pie (I used to count when I was younger, I've probably seen this movie somewhere around 60 times)
Goodfellas (Used to watch this every friday after school)
Donnie Brasco
Clueless

I'm sure this list will build as I get older. Im probably nearing the 20 count for GF I and II.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:19 AM

• The Godfather
  • The Godfather, Part II
  • The Godfather, Part III
  • Scarface
  • Father Goose
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Animal House
  • The Matrix
  • Ghostbusters
  • Ghostbusters II
  • Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
  • A Hard Days Night
  • Dr. Strangelove, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
  • Stripes
  • Team America: World Police
  • Trading Places
  • Coming to America
  • Barbershop
  • Young Frankenstein
  • Blazing Saddles
  • Spaceballs
  • Cool Runnings
  • Liar Liar
  • The Mask
  • Casablanca
  • Pride of the Yankees
  • Sergeant York
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I suppose if I went back and looked at my entire DVD collection I could come up with more.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:24 AM

I don't see my films a whole lotta times. I've probably seen The Godfather 6-7 times, The Godfather, Part II 8 times, and The Godfather, Part III 3 times.

The only two films I can truthfully say I've seen over 25 times are The Mask and Dumb and Dumber and MAYBE The Blues Brothers.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:29 AM

25 times?!?! I could never watch one film that many times.

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I think I've seen The Godfather 5 times, which is by far the most for me.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
  • Father Goose
  • Ghostbusters II
  • A Hard Days Night
  • Barbershop
  • Cool Runnings
  • Pride of the Yankees
  • Sergeant York

Kind of surprised by those.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:36 AM

Wow, I don't know if I've seen any movie 25 times, but the ones that probably come closest are The Blues Brothers and The Godfather.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:47 AM

Wow, based on the 3 previous lists, I guess I should see The Blues Brothers.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:53 AM

Godfather
Scarface
The Good, the bad, and the ugly
A Gew good men
Starwars Eppisode 3
LOTR: The Two Towers
Goonies
Scream
Stephen Kings The Stand (AND its 6 hrs long)

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
It's replay value is amazing. I highly recommend it. The sights, the sounds, it's in a word: awesome.

Oh, and A Christmas Story I've seen alot too. Probably like 23-24 times. Another one with great replay value.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:55 AM

Quote:
No doubt about it. It's a lot like the Godfather where, no matter how many times you watch it, it never gets old - in fact, it gets better. I always catch new things I'd never before noticed, and each viewing gives me a further appreciation of it.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:58 AM

Quote:
quote:
  • Father Goose
  • Ghostbusters II
  • A Hard Days Night
  • Barbershop
  • Cool Runnings
  • Pride of the Yankees
  • Sergeant York

I like Part III.

Father Goose is a good comedy, with Cary Grant and Leslie Caron.

Ghostbusters II isn't as good as the original, but as a kid, I loved the Ghostbusters, so I'd watch them over and over.

Yes, as a Star Wars maniac, I've seen the new movies many times, though I've only watched Episode III maybe four or five times (including the theatre). I still don't think it is as good as it could have been...I was expecting more.

A Hard Days Night is the penultimate Beatles film, with the exception of the Anthology.

Team America: World Police is one of my favorite movies, I love it. Besides, I'm "ronery."

Barbershop, likewise, is another favorite. Any movie that you can quote saying "Fuck Jesse Jackson!" has to be in my movie collection. :p

Cool Runnings might not be a cinematic masterpiece, but I saw it when I was a kid, and liked it. Plus, I'm a John Candy mark.

Pride of the Yankees is required viewing for any Yankee fan, let alone anyone who is a fan of the game.

Sergeant York is another excellent Gary Cooper movie, which is badly in need of a DVD release. Unfortunately, I'm still watching it on an old VHS copy I taped off of AMC (back when AMC was, you know, good).

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 02:00 AM

Quote:
In my opinion, it is the greatest comedy of all time. It combines the excellent performances of Belushi and Aykroyd, along with arguably one of the best musical scores for a movie ever.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 02:02 AM

Godfather I and II
The Warriors
Stripes
Caddyshack
Slap Shot
Blazing Saddles
Vegas Vacation
Escape from Alcatraz
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 02:04 AM

GF and GF II

Maybe Paths of Glory.

Many others 10-20 times, but I don't think 25.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 02:34 AM

Caddyshack
Stripes
MASH

(to list three different movies)
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 02:38 AM

If I find a movie I think is moderately good, I usually watch it at least 5 times.

Better than good? Ten... maybe twenty.

Great? 30. Easily.

Masterpiece? Well over 100.

So, yeah, It's hard for me to answer this; My list would be a fucking monster. I think some movies I could watch numberous times without growing bored would be Fight Club, which I can account to having seen at least 400 times in my life, and then Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, which would probably total around... 150-200. There are others I could go on watching over and over, but I could spend a week watching these two movies alone several times a day, and not grow bored. I tend to devote large periods of time to one film, and then throw in a new movie--in which I've never seen before--in between viewings of that one consistent film.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 02:39 AM

None. Not even Godfather!
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 03:07 AM

Memento (watched it nearly everyday for over a month)
The Lion Kind
Aladdin
The Godfather
Goodfellas

There are definitely more, but I'm too stressed to think about it now.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 03:12 AM

Godfather, GF2 and GF3.

The Blues Brothers

Casablanca

Gone With the Wind

Princess Bride

When Harry Met Sally

Without a Trace

Groundhog Day

King Kong

Backdraft

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 03:28 AM

Quote:
quote:
quote:
  • Father Goose
  • Ghostbusters II
  • A Hard Days Night
  • Barbershop
  • Cool Runnings
  • Pride of the Yankees
  • Sergeant York

I like Part III.

I like Part III too, but I still don't know if I'd ever get around to actually watching it 25 times over. I've seen it maybe 5 or 6 times since I first viewed the trilogy.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
The Blues Brothers
Oh, and another one!

I knew Gina and I weren't the only BB fans.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 03:37 AM

As well as her daughter, Andrew.

And even though he'll only watch the car chase scenes and a few musical performances, I guess you can count my toddler cousin. He loves it, so I can't wait to see how much he enjoys the whole movie when he gets older and understands it better. Only thing is, he's afraid of the Penguin.
Posted By: SC

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 04:06 AM

1. "Yankee Doodle Dandy" - I had measles as a kid and was bedridden for a week. Back then, long before vcr's, there was a tv station that used to play the same movie up to 16 times in one week and I didn't miss one airing of this great musical with James Cagney.

2. "King Kong" (1933) - Over the last 48 years, or so, I've probably seen this classic one hundred times.

3. "Field of Dreams" - I watch this whenever I'm in a sentimental mood.

4. "Casablanca" - The best love story ever filmed.

5. "The Godfather" - It took me about 34 years but I've probably watched it 25 times (and still love it).

6. "The Thing" (1951) - I watch it every year when it first turns cold (this is the perfect movie to watch on a cold, stormy night).

7. "Sleepless in Seattle" - When I first discovered this after my wife died I related very strongly to it and watched it almost continually for a period. I haven't watched it in awhile.

8. "Mighty Joe Young" (1949) - As a kid this was a mainstay around the holidays. The fx aren't as good as the re-make but this version is much more lovable.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
If I find a movie I think is moderately good, I usually watch it at least 5 times.

Better than good? Ten... maybe twenty.

Great? 30. Easily.

Masterpiece? Well over 100.

So, yeah, It's hard for me to answer this; My list would be a fucking monster. I think some movies I could watch numberous times without growing bored would be Fight Club, which I can account to having seen at least 400 times in my life, and then Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, which would probably total around... 150-200. There are others I could go on watching over and over, but I could spend a week watching these two movies alone several times a day, and not grow bored. I tend to devote large periods of time to one film, and then throw in a new movie--in which I've never seen before--in between viewings of that one consistent film.
I envy you, man.

I'm lucky if I find time to watch a movie once every 4 or 5 days. It's become like a big-to-do to actually get myself to sit and watch a whole movie. I don't know whether to be happy because I'm at least keeping myself occupied with other stuff, or angry because I NEVER get to watch movies.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
As well as her daughter, Andrew.

And even though he'll only watch the car chase scenes and a few musical performances, I guess you can count my toddler cousin. He loves it, so I can't wait to see how much he enjoys the whole movie when he gets older and understands it better. Only thing is, he's afraid of the Penguin.
Who isn't?

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 04:44 AM

True.

The sad thing is that he goes to a school where nuns teach him, so I can't imagine what he thinks of them now. We always have to skip over her scenes when he's over.

Tomorrow, I'm having the people over to watch BB, and he's supposed to be here, too - it'll be interesting to see who prevails in deciding what is watched.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 06:19 AM

I've not even watched The Godfather 25 times. The only movie that makes this list for me is Amadeus.
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 07:44 AM

Maybe not 25 times but:

Casablanca

Maltese Falcon

Best Years of Our Lives

Repo Man

Raising Arizona

Godfather 1 and 2

Big Trouble in Little China

Laura
Posted By: suspect_5

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 07:52 AM

Commando
Predator
The Terminator
Jaws
The Crow (I watched everyday for a month)
Broken Arrow
Hackers
The Blues Brothers
Army of Darkness
Fight Club
Groundhog Day
Rocky IV
Lethal Weapon I & II
Blazing Saddles
Spaceballs
Bloodsport
Kickboxer
Cyborg
Death Warrant
Conan (Barbarian & Destroyer)
Total Recall
Tango & Cash
Cobra
Usual Suspects
Assassins
Lone Wolf McQuade
Firewalker
Desperado
From Dust till Dawn
Bram Stroker’s Dracula
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I &II
Grosse Point Blank
Pale Rider
High Plains Drifter
Die Hard I & III
Pulp Fiction
The Last Boy Scout
Twelve Monkeys
Mad Max (series)
Maverick
Pump up the Volume
Willow
Top Gun
Indiana Jones (especially The Last Crusade)
The Long Kiss Goodnight
The Fast and the Furious
Pitch Black
The Abyss
Aliens
Bad Boys
Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
The Devil’s Advocate
Disturbing Behavior
Far and Away
In the Line of Fire
The Thomas Crown Affair
Independence Day
Leon
Loverboy
Office Space
Point of no Return
The Rock
Coming to America
Beverly Hill's Cop I & II
Rounders
Men at Work
Young Guns
No Man's Land
The Chase
Short Circuit I & II
Smokey and the Bandit I & II
Snatch
Way of the Gun
Ferris Buller's Day Off
The Breakfast Club
Wierd Science

Mulan
Plus probably a about thirty more that I just can’t think of right now. There are several movies that miss the list by 5 or so viewings.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 08:12 AM

more than 25 times??????

None.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 08:14 AM

Quote:
[b]American Pie (I used to count when I was younger, I've probably seen this movie somewhere around 60 times)[/b]
60 times? God, what a waste of time! :p

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 09:44 AM

Are you sure, suspect 5?

Including the 30 or so that you don't name, that's a total of about 115 movies that you've seen at least 25 times.

Figuring on an average of 29 viewings each, that works out to about 3,335 movies watched.

That's an average of more than one movie per day, every single day for the past nine years!

(Not to mention all the other movies that you've presumably watched that aren't in the 25 times or more category.)

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 12:59 PM

Yeah 25 viewings is more than you think.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 01:34 PM

Well, us older folks have had more years to watch movies. Between repeat viewings on cable (it always makes me laugh when I feel compelled to watch a movie that I have on DVD) and the times I've plugged them in the VCR or DVD player, I would say that there are probably more, like Die Hard and Jaws. If I can recite the dialogue almost verbatim, then I must have seen them dozens of times, right?

DA and Gina, I'm never sure if I watch The Blues Brothers for the music or the laughs, but I guess if you get both out of one movie, that's even better, right? The one thing that shocks me nowadays when I see it is how very THIN Dan Akroyd was back then. And, btw, every time my husband and I get in an elevator, one of us will hum The Girl From Ipanema until the other one starts to giggle.
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 03:11 PM

Once more...

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 05:04 PM

I'm 26 and an only child, I always had HBO as a child and I used to watch movies again and agian, till I learned the dialogue. I used to force my father to watch movies with me, heck half of the list he's probably seen 20+ times.

Movies are really the only thing that I do...do, I'm not much of one for going out...unless it is to the theater. Heck I've even wathced three movies in the theater in a day before. Or rented five movies and watched them in a day, gone back the next day and rented five more.

Though if your figures are true it does seem a bit off, perhaps but I know that I have seen every movie listed at least 20 times it gets foggy because I don't really keep count the only movies I've ever keept count of are Commando and The Crow, and that is only for a partial section of the times that I watched them. Commando I rented every week for a year so at least 52 viewings for that, plus all the times I watched it on TV. The Crow I borrowed after already having seen it multiple times and watched it every day for a month so thirty+ viewings there.
Also for a time I lived with a friend out in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma, no car, no phone, no cable, and no reception only a giant box of recorded movies to pass the time (I'm not an outdoors type), and only a handful of those titles were really that good. Hell even when he got DirectTV it was raining half the time so you couldn't watch anything, but that box of movies. So yeah I used to live in Oklahoma not much to do there but watch movies, I mean I lived in rual Oklahoma which is pretty much what you picture when you think about it - so yeah I watched a lot of movies.

edit: I've watched movies seriously for as long as I can remember. In fact it is only recently that I have fallen off pace as far as watching movies go now that I have DVR and can record all the TV programs that I want to watch but can't catch. For a time I would say that I averaged at least one movie a day minimum for years, like since I was six.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 05:09 PM

We all need to get together and watch the Death Wish Trilogy. Who isn't up for seeing Bronson whack some thugs 25+ times?!?!
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 07:16 PM

There are five Death Wish filmd, but I'm up for some Bronson ass-kicking.
Posted By: Maple Leafs

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 08:17 PM

Godfather 1, 2, and 3 (yes 3!)
Reservoir Dogs (way over 25 viewings )
Goodfellas
Scarface
Batman
Batman Returns
Pulp Fiction
Ferris Buellers Day off
Carlitos Way
Superman
Superman 2
Rocky 3
Planet of the apes (original)
Star Wars
Wizard of Oz

probably quite a few more....
My wife just shakes her head whenever I pop any of these movies in.

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 08:54 PM

I wasn't doubting you, suspect, I just found it remarkable.

I'm not very outdoorsy either, and I've had days of watching 5 or 6 myself. I gues a few of those can make up for a lot of the days you missed.

There was a weekend once when my son and I watched 16 from late Friday afternoon until early Sunday evening
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 09:10 PM

I tend to pop a movie in when I come home, and let it run in the background while I'm doing other things. I've seen Godfather I so many times that, at one point, I decided to make it off-limits until I had watched every other movie in my cabinet. It took me from before Thanksgiving until after the Fourth of July.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/16/06 09:39 PM

Scarface
THe Godfather
pulp fiction
friday
all the starwars films
the Gonnies
ghostbusther
Aliens
Goodfellas
New Jack city

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/17/06 01:44 AM

I forgot The Beastmaster

I used to watch it and then run around my house with my Mom's Icing spreader, I used to use it as a sword...I must have ruined like three of them. As a result I think that made that my mothers most hated movie.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/17/06 02:39 AM

I've been around a long, long time, so I'll reply with films that I've seen, all or in part, more than 500 times:
--The GF Trilogy (close to 2000 times).
--Laura (1000 times at least)
--Cavalleria Rusticana (Zeffirelli, almost 1000 times)
--Goodfellas.
--Raging Bull
--Mean Streets
--Seconds (Frankenheimer's masterpiece)
--The Thing (Carpenter)
--The Atomic Bomb Movie (documentary)
--Metropolis
--Nosferatu (Murnau)
--True Confessions
--It's a Gift
--Fail-Safe
--The Wild One
--Bugsy
--Last Picture Show
--Duck Soup
--Blade Runner
--Ten Commandments
--Jimi Plays Berkeley
--Apocalypse Now (and Redux)
--Arguing the World (documentary)
--China Syndrome
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/17/06 02:49 AM

Well, the only movie I can be certain that I must have seen at least 25 times is GF/GFII, but I never really took a real count. :p

There are a few that I have seen many times, but not sure how many. Some just are plain good, some just fun to watch, and some I can't explain why I continue to watch them but I do. :p

Anyway, in no particular order, here are a few:

Die Hard
American Werewolf In London
Overboard
Poltergeist
The Seventh Voyage Of Sinbad (I loved that since a kid) :p
First Blood
Dirty Harry

There's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

TIS

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/17/06 07:20 PM

TIS - I forgot about Overboard! Shame on me, especially considering how much I love Kurt Russell. Arturo! Katerina!

And I know what you mean about Die Hard. I used to work in a 21 story building, and the elevators made that same Ping! If I stayed after hours, and I would hear that elevator Ping!, it used to totally freak me out.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/18/06 04:09 AM

It's A Wonderful Life
The Godfather Part II
Independence Day
On The Waterfront
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: Films You've Seen 25+ Times - 03/18/06 05:17 AM

The Godfather

Godfather-2

Walk The Line

Body Heat