Home

Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says

Posted By: Don Vercetti

Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 02:38 PM

Just wonderful.

Dave Chappelle's "hiatus" at Comedy Central is likely to be open-ended. Charlie Murphy, a writer and sometimes performer on Chappelle's Show told the New York Post, "I don't think Dave is going to do anymore. ... We shot about eight shows for the third season, and they're hilarious. They'll be released on DVD, I'm sure. But that's it." Murphy said that he could only speculate about why Chappelle would walk away from a $50-million deal. "He probably wants to put a big show together, then put it on the road," he said.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 02:42 PM

Maybe he'll go to HBO or something but this is just terrible!
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 02:50 PM

that was one of the best show's on tv
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 03:42 PM

Hey, at least there's Family Guy and South Park.

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 03:59 PM

And as far as Comedy Central goes. Mind of Mencia, which is hilarious.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
I'll second that. It's a shame Dave had his problems which sacrificed this great show, but hey, there's still the equal-oppurtunity offender, Carlos Mencia.

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
When does that come on? Wednesday's right? I caught most of 1 episode a couple of weeks ago and laughed my a$$ off!
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 04:13 PM

It seems as if Mencia's taking advantage of Dave's absence-as well he should be. It sucks, though, I SO MISS The Chappelle Show! Now all I can do is watch Jon Stewart. He eases my pain.

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 04:21 PM

I like Mencia's attitude better, but Chappelle's skits are more funny.

"I put an application for a higher position but I was turned down. You know why I can't get a good job? Racism!"

Mencia: No, the reason you can't get a "higher position" is because there's no "Y" in the word job.

Mencia's best segment so far is "The Ghost of Johnny Cochran." As for Chappelle, my personal favorite is "The Jedi Sex Scandal." :p

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 04:27 PM

Yeah, Mencia's out there man. He's always saying something that has you on the edge and you kinda have to wince before you burst out laughing in pain. Chappelle definitely reminds me of a young, modern, Pryor. Just a huge difference in delivery and comedy sketches. I think Eddie Murphy's brother should be doing some more stuff, I think he's so hilarious.
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 04:40 PM

Thats some sad news. But I hope he'll come back bigger and even better He is the funniest guy Ive seen. I have both seasons on my PC and just love them, his stand up comedy "Killin Em Softly" is hilarious!

Ah well...we'll see what happens...
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 05:11 PM

Chappelle is the premier comic of the era, at this point, as far as sketch comedy is concerned. He's really established himself as both a marketable name and can drawn big crowds if he wanted to.

I hope that they release his stuff to DVD, I'd get it, no doubt about it. He's funny as hell. Mencia is good, but his show just doesn't appeal to me as much as Chappelle. He's good, but it's rougher, not as polished as Chappelles.

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Chappelle is the premier comic of the era, at this point, as far as sketch comedy is concerned. He's really established himself as both a marketable name and can drawn big crowds if he wanted to.

I hope that they release his stuff to DVD, I'd get it, no doubt about it. He's funny as hell. Mencia is good, but his show just doesn't appeal to me as much as Chappelle. He's good, but it's rougher, not as polished as Chappelles.
couldnt have said it better myself. so thats why i didnt.

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 05:48 PM

That's why I said I liked his attitude more. Mencia is more rough when it comes to his comedy, and many times he's right too. Did anyone see last night's episode when he went to the streets with a bullhorn?

"Stop blaiming Republicans for your problems. Get a job!"

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 08:02 PM

yeah..lol. then he a hispanic guy selling flowers (?) and another white guy who was apprently homeless, asking for money on the opposite side of the street. He's like "Hey cracker! Why don't you get a job like the black and the beaner!"

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aziatic:
his stand up comedy "Killin Em Softly" is hilarious!
Imagine being so famous, that somebody can SUCK YOUR DICK, and then THEY'RE famous.

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[quote]Originally posted by Aziatic:
[b]his stand up comedy "Killin Em Softly" is hilarious!
Imagine being so famous, that somebody can SUCK YOUR DICK, and then THEY'RE famous.

[/b][/quote]LOL he's like, GO out there and BE somebody!

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 08:22 PM

Nobody can think of a pick-up line that good...

"Suck my dick, there's a future in it!"

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 08:36 PM

Damn, I have to watch it again. So many great lines
"When the police turned us over....we turned the radio down...I mean, nobody wants his ass beaten to a soundtrack and shit..." and the part "Terrorist don't take black hostages..." was hilarious too. Chappelle rules!

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 08:44 PM

Quote:
Damn, I have to watch it again. So many great lines
"When the police turned us over....we turned the radio down...I mean, nobody wants his ass beaten to a soundtrack and shit..." and the part "Terrorist don't take black hostages..." was hilarious too. Chappelle rules!
Which one is that from?
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 09:31 PM

I think that was on his HBO stand-up special, which is hilarious. I like his stand up, in that it isn't your average black comedian who will just make nonstop black-jokes that are not funny. He does it very tastefully, and with much more substance than 95% of the black-racial-focusing comedians.

I mean, come on, the phrase "Spread your legs, cracka' hatin' n*****" was only funny the first 9000 times DL Hugley decides to use it. :rolleyes:

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by Aziatic:
[b] Damn, I have to watch it again. So many great lines
Which one is that from? [/b][/quote]"Def Comedy Jam featuring Dave Chappelle- Killin Them Softly"

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 10:06 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Aziatic:
[b] Damn, I have to watch it again. So many great lines
Which one is that from? [/b][/quote]"Def Comedy Jam featuring Dave Chappelle- Killin Them Softly" [/b][/quote]Grazie! I'm putting that on my watch list. I was cracking up to that "don't wanna get his a$$ kicked to a soundtrack" just from reading it on here
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/04/05 11:27 PM

Mmm, I think Comedy Central actually just showed it the other night. Heck, Comedy Central is doing a great job of milking Dave's absense...

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/05/05 12:21 AM

"Killin Them Softly" is ALWAYS on Comedy Central. Just about two weeks ago it was on Secret stash uncensored. I like Chappelle's standup, but it's inferior to his skits IMO.

Quote:
Chappelle definitely reminds me of a young, modern, Pryor.
Pryor's wife said that Pryor himself "passes the torch" to Chappelle, which is very interesting.
Posted By: zo

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/05/05 03:15 PM

i for one am upset that there will not be a 3rd season....y dont they just get wayne brady to do it?! someone said they thought charlie murphy is hilarious....i went and seen him. he was at this little comedy joint in my town..every word out of his mouth was effin hilarious! i even got to meet him because my dads friend owns the place and charlie is a real cool guy...and as for mind of mencia...its just great...ive never laughed so hard in my life...o yea...and my favorite chappelle skit by far is the player haters ball...i have a t-shirt of it on the way actually

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/05/05 09:29 PM

Hey, here is a bright side to Chappelle's cancelation: No more wiggers running up to you--who, for the record, are NOT funny--yelling, "I'm Rick James, bitch!" in your face. I hate that. Last year, it seems like that's all the moronic jocks at my school would do.

I believe Maddox wrote an agreeable piece on this issue quite a while ago.

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/05/05 09:31 PM

I love that article LLC.
The results were surprising: the graph above suggests that 6,367,619,884 out of every 6,367,619,885 people in the world are not Dave Chappelle, and therefore should shut the hell up. This finding was in contrast to what I thought initially; that these fans were in fact qualified to use Dave's catch phrase, otherwise why would they parrot on endlessly like idiots desperate to make their peers laugh at the expense of permanently ruining an otherwise funny joke?

Re: Chappelle Won't Return to Comedy Central, Colleague Says - 08/05/05 09:47 PM

Maddox is great.

All in favour of Maddox becoming president, say I.

I.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET