Home

Capone Rising

Posted By: Don Vercetti

Capone Rising - 06/29/05 05:25 AM

Movie mogul Brian De Palma is revisiting his epic gangster film The Untouchables almost 20 years after it became a huge hit. The filmmaker is keen to make prequel The Untouchables: Capone Rising in time for the 20th anniversary of the 1987 original. The story will focus upon the young Al Capone as he rises to become a Chicago, Illinois criminal kingpin. The original film centered upon lawmaker Elliot Ness' efforts to arrest the infamous gangster, played by Robert De Niro.
-----------------------

Meh...
Posted By: Blake

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 05:39 AM

Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 06:48 AM

I wonder what the cast will be.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 07:02 AM

Lets hope its better thsn the first one
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 10:20 AM

The Untouchables was so terrible anyway that this can't get any worse. The only highlight was De Niro's cartoon performance of Capone.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 11:34 AM

I would have to disagree. I loved the Untouchables and have a copy of it on my DVD shelf. I thought the acting was alright. I enjoyed the intensity, which could be cut with a knife. Of course, DeNiro did excellent (as always) but I also thought Kevin Costner and Sean Connery did fine as well. I'd give it three or four stars.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 01:16 PM

It could be a good one as long as they stick to the facts, .

Don Cardi
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 02:53 PM

I'm surprised. I thought it was generally loved here. It's a very entertaining film but it is shitty, aside a good DeNiro performance. Another thing that usually isn't annoying in films is the score, which is horrible itself.
Posted By: SlimTrashman

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 03:03 PM

andy garcia did an alright job
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 04:37 PM

I'll see it. I've always wanted sometype of Al Capone movie and this could be a good one. I personally like De Palma and I enjoyed The Untouchables a lot. Hopefully this time around though it's more of a gangster movie as opposed to a cops/robbers movie. It'd be sweet if they could stick De Niro in there for a cameo sometime
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 06:15 PM

Wow! I'm surprised by the reaction here. I happen to love The Untouchables. I thought the cast was very good, and the train station scene is almost a ballet. And DeNiro was great "I want him dead! I want his faily dead! I want his house burned to the ground!" And SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

Sean Connery's death scene "What are you prepared to do?" moves me to tears.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 09:03 PM

THE UNTOUCHABLES is a decent watchable "popcorn" gangbusters movie. Its just that its one of DePalma's bigger financial hits in his career.

As for this prequel, I could care less. He is just getting himself a paycheck-job after hes done with BLACK DAHLIA over in Bulgaria, which looks like an intrigingly good movie but at $60+ million, I don't see it making its money back financially.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Capone Rising - 06/29/05 09:25 PM

Another dud in this already grossly overhyped career. One of the most mundane filmmakers to come out of American cinema in the 1980s. What's this going to be dubbed as: "Hitchcockian gangster affair?"

Mick
Posted By: svsg

Re: Capone Rising - 06/30/05 04:55 AM

I liked Untouchables. Everybody acted well in a restrained manner. I would definetely want to watch the prequel.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Capone Rising - 07/01/05 07:11 AM

If he tortures the facts in this one as much as he did in "The Untouchables," he should title it "Alphonse in Wonderland."
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET