Home

Best Scene EVER

Posted By: Fame

Best Scene EVER - 04/18/05 12:14 PM

Just ONE please. The best scene ever... (not has to be one from your fav movie, of course...)

My pick:

De Niro facing Walken in one of the last scenes of Deer Hunter.

To me, this is the greatest scene ever filmed.

What is your pick ?
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/18/05 12:23 PM

Its too hard to choose but if I gotta pick ONE then it has to be the Boathousescene in The Godfather 2.

"Fredo, you're nothing to me now...."
Posted By: Tony Kyprianou

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/18/05 02:17 PM

Although I hate part III it has to be the apollonia(Greek )/kay/mary flashback

:p

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/18/05 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Kyprianou:

That scene brought tears to my eyes...
Posted By: Sonny DiCosca

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/18/05 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Kyprianou:

You're not greek!
Posted By: Snake

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/18/05 08:50 PM

I have several:

When William Wallace sits bewildered on the battlefield when he learns that Sir Robert has betrayed him ( Braveheart ).

When Oskar Schindler weeps over not having sold his personal items to save one more life in Schindler's List.

Trinity's and Neo's shoot-em-up in the building where Morpheus is being held in The Matrix.

Actually, I've got about a dozen more, but those are a few.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/18/05 09:23 PM

Russian Roulette scene in Deer Hunter. Nothing else comes close.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/18/05 09:26 PM

It's too hard for me to just pick one... There are just so many greats. I have the same problem with picking a favorite song. I can pick a favorite band, and that particular bands best album, but never a song.

Although the ending of Once Upon a Time in America was genious; Max tells Noodles to kill him, Noodles turns him down, Noodles reflects on his past, Someone jumps into the shredder of a garbage truck (may or may not have been Max), and we tie it all up by cutting back to 1933. Brilliant.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/18/05 09:42 PM

My fav scene right now would have to be in On The Waterfront(1954) when Brando and his brother are talking in the car.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/18/05 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
Although the ending of Once Upon a Time in America was genious; Max tells Noodles to kill him, Noodles turns him down, Noodles reflects on his past, Someone jumps into the shredder of a garbage truck (may or may not have been Max), and we tie it all up by cutting back to 1933. Brilliant.
Yeah that was amazing.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/19/05 01:00 AM

When the bicycles fly in ET.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/19/05 01:03 AM

The final scene in Duck Soup when the Marx Brothers are together in the house in the middle of the war. I love that part!
Posted By: thug

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/19/05 02:54 AM

I had a different answer about an hour and a half ago but I just watched one of the greatest films ever made for the very first time: Never Give a Sucker an Even Break (with W.C. Fields). There's a moment where he drops a bottle of alcohol out of an airplane, jumps out of the airplane to get it, and lands on a mountain, where a woman and her daughter happen to live. He takes advantage of the daughter, who has never met a man before and doesn't know what kissing is. Soon the mother wants him to kiss her too, so he jumps off the mountain. And, to make it even better, this takes place within a screenplay W.C. Fields (who plays himself in the movie) writes and the excecutive thinks he's crazy.

Amazing.

Thug
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/19/05 01:09 PM

Pesci's-Funny How is one of the best scene's in a film
Posted By: Intenzo

Re: Best Scene EVER - 04/19/05 01:23 PM

Well one of my fav scene is in Goodfellas when Henry beats the guy with the gun in the face for pushing Karen.
Posted By: zo

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/04/05 03:06 AM

sorry to ressurect an old topic buuuut...mine by far is the scene in scent of a woman when pacino had the gun to chris o'donnels head
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/04/05 03:30 AM

Never apologize for resurrecting old topics. We have new members all the time.

And an occasional old member who misses a thread.

Mine: The scene in War Room with George C. Scott and peter Sellers in Dr. Stangelove.

Very close second: The backroom-in-the-bar scene early in Mean Streets with DeNiro and Keitel.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/04/05 07:36 AM

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

Well I can't think of the absolute BEST at this moment, so I'll just put down what comes to mind.

This is really goofy, but one of my favorite scenes ever is the "Moses Supposes" song in Singin' in the Rain. Not so much the song itself, but the dancing in the instrumental part of that. It's so complicated and involved, and they make it look so effortless.

Also, the "Piano Duel" between 1900 and Jelly Roll Morton in The Legend of 1900 is such a great scene. In that same movie, the scene where 1900 first meets the trumpet player, when they let the brakes go on the piano at night, and they're just gliding around the room with the great music, is a beautiful scene.

Another one of the most memorable scenes ever is the cremation scene in the original Ocean's Eleven, when they all slowly look at each other when they hear the noise. I don't want to give out any spoilers, so I'll leave it at that.

Also, a scene that always gives me goosebumps is towards the end of Immortal Beloved, during the very first performance of the 9th Symphony. The entire symphony scene is beautiful, with the flashbacks and stuff. But the part I'm talking about is the end of it, when Beethoven gets up on stage, and after it's over, he doesn't even know that the audience is giving him a standing ovation because his back is turned. Actually, that whole silent part, where all you hear is his heartbeat, is really amazing.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/04/05 08:24 AM

There are many good scenes I have seen in my life.....

But the scene that I really LOVE is from the godfather II
When Michael kisses Fredo and says: I know it was you Fredo...You broke my heart...You broke my heart...

*Don Zadjali
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/04/05 11:43 AM

Since everyone else is cheating by posting more than one, then so will I!

Gone With the Wind - the famous "I'll never be hungry again!" scene.

The Godfather - the garden scene between Michael and Vito.

Without a Trace - the last 5 minutes of the movie.

Casablanca - the "hill of beans" scene at the airport. Was anyone else ever as beautiful on film as Ingrid Bergman in that movie?

Zia, I LOVE Singing in the Rain. It has soooo many great moments, but especially the one you mentioned.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/04/05 11:59 AM

cool down
Posted By: Al.Neri

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/04/05 02:03 PM

In Goodfellas, when Pesci shoots that kid. After that scene I couldn't stand his character, however, I guess that's the point.

There's a lot of great scenes from The Godfather of course.

Many more, I just have to remember them.
Posted By: SlimTrashman

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/04/05 03:45 PM

My favorite scene ever filmed has to be when Camern kicks his fathers car and it roles threw the glass wall in the under rated masterpiece 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'

A close second would be Sonny being shot up at the tool booth in the Godfather.

A close third would be when Michael confronts Frado about being a traitor in the Godfather Part II
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/04/05 05:21 PM

There are Three Scenes that Need To Be Meantioned.

Casablanca - The Entire Airport Scene. "Loius, I think this is the begning of a beautiful friendship".

The Maltese Falcon - The entire last ten minutes where Sam gets Brigid to confess and then tells her very simply , "You're taking the fall". And that last line! "The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of" is pure genius!

Singin' in the Rain - Gene Kelly's solo number is without a doubt the most memorable scene in a musical film. Whenever I hear the song played or the meledy I can still picture where Kelly was at that portion of the song and in my mind I place the sounds of tapping for some odd reason.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/04/05 09:28 PM

The single, ten-minute-long tracking shot of the traffic jam in Weekend (1968).

Mick
Posted By: Silvio

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/05/05 09:00 PM

the "it was an abortion!" scene in Godfather 2

DeNiro punching the wall in Raging Bull

...and of course the 3 way in Wild Things

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/05/05 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Weekend (1968).

Mick
Ive never heard of that movie. I'll see if I can find it...
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/05/05 09:45 PM

In GF3 I actually really like the flashbacks inbetween Mary's shooting and Michael's death.
Posted By: suspect_5

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/05/05 11:07 PM

I can never pick a favorite anything but I have a couple that stick out right now...

The beginning of The Way of the Gun when the get in the fight, if was just so unexpected and out of nowhere that I always remember it.

The shot of the feet at the end of The Usual Suspects, just brilliant way to do it.

Also the end of Arlington Road with the news reports and the characters talking about moving on.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/06/05 12:52 PM

The ending scene of The Rock with Nicholas Cage. When he's crawling outside the jail to a specific place and enlights his 'fireworks' to say that Alcatraz is free of rockets with plasma. The mucic, the acting work of Cage, the suspense (the planes are already coming)...absolutely my scene.

Ofcourse my GF favorite is the cry of Michael on the stairs of the Opera House.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/06/05 01:21 PM

Just rewatched Ransom. SPOILER ALERT!!!

The part where Gary Sinise fires a shot near the kid and the parents hear it over the phone and think their son is dead, there is some amazing acting on the part of Mel Gibson and Renee Russo.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/07/05 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
In GF3 I actually really like the flashbacks inbetween Mary's shooting and Michael's death.
I think its an amazing end to the the trilogy,it always makes my eyes water,just him and his dog at the end,very sad ending i think
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/07/05 06:37 AM

The final confrontation in The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

The shoot out at the end of Unforgiven.

The final scene from Lonesome Dove.

The landing on Omaha Beach in Saving Private Ryan.

The death of Sgt. Elias in Platoon.

The killing in the rain in Road To Perdition.

"You cant handle the truth!" A few Good Men.

The bank robbery in Heat.
Posted By: HalJordan

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/07/05 06:26 PM

On a lighter side, a comedy. My favorite comedy isn't a classic or anything like that but Out Cold.

The scene where they put the passed out Luke in the car, spin the car, yell and wake up Zach Galifianakis (Luke). Priceless
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Best Scene EVER - 06/07/05 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
Another one of the most memorable scenes ever is the cremation scene in the original Ocean's Eleven, when they all slowly look at each other when they hear the noise. I don't want to give out any spoilers, so I'll leave it at that.

Ahh, Zia. I was just thinking of that scene at thiis very moment. And you also reminded me of another scene in "The Manchurian Candidate". Sinatra runing trying to prevent Raymond Shaw from commiting the assasination! That has to be one of the most suspenseful and tense moments on film.

Re: Best Scene EVER - 07/08/05 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny DiCosca:
[quote]Originally posted by Tony Kyprianou:
[b] Although I hate part III it has to be the apollonia(Greek )/kay/mary flashback

You're not greek! [/b][/quote]I am Greek you mug
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Best Scene EVER - 07/08/05 08:14 PM

Apollonia was Greek?

Re: Best Scene EVER - 07/09/05 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Apollonia was Greek?
I was merely pointing out that fact that her name is obviously Greek and Fabrizio says 'A type more Greek than Italian' plus the fact that it is Sicily we are talking about.

http://www.answers.com/apollonia
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: Best Scene EVER - 07/09/05 12:23 PM

The tattoo scene from Dude Where's My Car
Posted By: scarfacefan

Re: Best Scene EVER - 07/10/05 12:34 AM

The final scene in Juice (1992)

There are plenty of others from The Godfather, Goodfellas, Scarface etc. but that is the first one that comes to mind.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Best Scene EVER - 07/10/05 04:11 AM

Several Excellent Moments in General Cinema
The Godfather - The slow zoom on Michael's face before he rises with the revolver to kill Solozzo.
Citizen Kane - Rosebud revealed/Charles destroys the room, leaves and walks past the mirror.
La Dolce Vita - Marcello can't hear the girl.
Chinatown - "Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown."
The Godfather Part II - "It was an abortion."
Once Upon a Time in America - Noodles stares at the gun while remembering his early years.
Taxi Driver - The final shootout/"You talkin' to me?"
Vertigo - The kiss scene after Judy's full transformation/Dream sequence
Short Cuts - the earthquake
8 1/2 - Opening dream/the final parade.

Moments in My Favorite Films
Le Samouraï - Jef looks at the bird, then leaves to his last job while going across the street with the escalated music score.
Taxi Driver - Final shootout/buying guns/creating arm holster.
Collateral - Vincent retorts Max in the monologue after the Club Fever scene.
Memento - "How can I heal...?"/The new John G. scene in the car at the end.
Pulp Fiction - The first Bible quote scene.
Raging Bull - The tracking shot from the lockerroom to the ring/Jake's jail breakdown.
Dead Man - "Do you know my poetry?"
Goodfellas - The Copa tracking shot.
Citizen Kane - [see above list]
Dirty Harry - "Do you feel lucky, punk?"
Heat - Diner scene/final scene.
Le Cercle Rouge - The heist.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Best Scene EVER - 07/10/05 04:56 AM

GF, Part III when they do a recap on Michael's marriage with Apollonia, etc.

Two great scenes, near the end of The Green Mile, one being during an execution, the other when Tom Hanks comes up with some mental evidence. I think everyone who has watched the entire movie knows which scenes I'm talking about.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET