Steven Spielberg, Marc Platt and Kristie Macosko Krieger, Producers

Brooklyn
Finola Dwyer and Amanda Posey, Producers

Mad Max: Fury Road
Doug Mitchell and George Miller, Producers

The Martian
Simon Kinberg, Ridley Scott, Michael Schaefer and Mark Huffam, Producers

The Revenant
Arnon Milchan, Steve Golin, Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Mary Parent and Keith Redmon, Producers

Room
Ed Guiney, Producer

Spotlight
Michael Sugar, Steve Golin, Nicole Rocklin and Blye Pagon Faust, Producers

Best Actor

Bryan Cranston, Trumbo

Matt Damon, The Martian

Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant

Micheal Fassbender, Steve Jobs

Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl

Best Actress

Cate Blanchett, Carol

Brie Larson, Room

Jennifer Lawrence, Joy

Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years

Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn

Best Supporting Actor

Christian Bale, The Big Short

Tom Hardy, The Revenant

Mark Ruffalo, Spotlight

Mark Rylance, Bridge Of Spies

Sylvester Stallone, Creed

Best Supporting Actress

Jennifer Jason Leigh, The Hateful Eight

Rooney Mara, Carol

Rachel McAdams, Spotlight

Alicia Vikander, The Danish Girl

Kate Winslet, Steve Jobs

Directing

The Big Short, Adam McKay

Mad Max: Fury Road, George Miller

The Revenant, Alejandro G. Iñárritu

Room, Lenny Abrahamson

Tom McCarthy, Spotlight
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/14/16 04:51 PM

If Leo doesn't win an Oscar this year then i think he never will..
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/14/16 07:53 PM

I haven't seen any of them but the only one that appeals to me is The Revenant. I hope Leo wins. I don't see all of his movies but he IS good and deserves a win.

I see Sly is up for best co-starring role. Haven't seen that yet either but intend to. Wow, his fame began with Rocky and how nice if he gets some acknowledgment with yet another "Rocky" (more or less) film. Who would have guessed. I forgot, was he up for or did he win best actor for Rocky?

smile
TIS
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/14/16 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I haven't seen any of them but the only one that appeals to me is The Revenant. I hope Leo wins. I don't see all of his movies but he IS good and deserves a win.

I see Sly is up for best co-starring role. Haven't seen that yet either but intend to. Wow, his fame began with Rocky and how nice if he gets some acknowledgment with yet another "Rocky" (more or less) film. Who would have guessed. I forgot, was he up for or did he win best actor for Rocky?

smile
TIS

Unfortunately not, he was nominated for best actor and best script that year, but lost in both categories.
Rocky did win best movie though..

I hope Sly will win this year..
Would be great if he ended his acceptance speech with:
''Yo Rocky, we did it!!!''

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/14/16 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
If Leo doesn't win an Oscar this year then i think he never will..

He will win I think, it's a superb performance and it's his 5th nomination, the academy always takes that in consideration even though they say they don't..

Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/14/16 10:46 PM

Just came back from seeing The Revenant. DiCaprio and Hardy were amazing. Great movie! Hope they along with the Director win.
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/15/16 08:21 PM

My takes so far;

Best Picture - Have seen Mad Max, The Martian, and Spotlight so far. Of that group, I hesitantly rate The Martian as #1; they're all top notch and very different from one another.

Actor - Have only seen Damon and Redmayne but hard to see another performance matching Redmayne in The Danish Girl. Like Best Picture, I realize I have to see The Revenant before casting final judgement, but wow...

Actress - Only saw Cate Blanchett so far. Very good.

Supporting Actor - Only saw Ruffalo and Stallone. Stallone is much more deserving.

Supporting Actress - Have seen all but Winslet. Of the other four, Mara and McAdams don't measure up. Really liked Alicia (who had one heck of a year with Danish Girl and Ex Machina among others) but JJL was the absolute best part of the Hateful Eight and deserves the statue here.

Director - Would like to see Miller get the award. He took a lot of chances in the presentation of Mad Max and they all paid off. Only other one I saw in this category was Spotlight, where the directing was definitely solid but straightforward.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/15/16 08:37 PM

Mr. Blonde, tried on two seperate occassions to get into Mad Max but couldn't. And, I love all the Mel Gibson ones.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/15/16 08:40 PM

Sly is favourite for the Oscar which is a complete joke, he put in a decent performance which in terms of his ability makes it seem like a masterclass. Idris Elba deserved it but he wasn't nominated, so next up i'd give it to Tom Hardy if not anybody but Sly. It is a travesty that one of the worst actors ever will get an award before so many greats.

Haaven't seen Brooklyn or Room from the best picture nominees, i do want Leo, Innaritu and The Revenant to take their respective awards though.

The only other one i have seen enough of the nominees for is the Animated Feature having seen them all except Boy and the World
. I'd give it to Anomalisa easily, fantastic film my joint favourite from last year. If not then When Marnie Was There. Think Inside Out will win which i am fine with winning since i think it is great too even though i think those other two are more deserving.
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/15/16 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Mr. Blonde, tried on two seperate occassions to get into Mad Max but couldn't. And, I love all the Mel Gibson ones.

It's not for everyone, and I wouldn't award it best picture. But it was incredibly stylish and told its story through pure action, which is a novel concept. I think the Best Director award should go to the director who takes the most chances in presenting the movie and succeeds with those chances. Too often, it merely goes to the director of the Best Picture.

ETA - It is now on regular rotation on HBO.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/16/16 02:33 AM

Looks like another year of Bullshit.

Creed was well done, Leo's flick looks good, the other stuff is crap.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/16/16 05:36 AM

Mad Max and The Martian were good but it's gotta go to The Revenant. And DiCaprio deserves best actor, Hardy best supporting actor (though Stallone deserves it too), and Innaritu best director.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/16/16 04:27 PM

Stallone deserves nothing.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/16/16 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

Agree. Stallone is proably being considered because he played a different role than his usual Rocky and Rambo. IMO he's just terrible. Besides, how can he compare with his competition, specifically Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and Mark Ruffalo?

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/16/16 08:11 PM

Agree. Stallone is proably being considered because he played a different role than his usual Rocky and Rambo. IMO he's just terrible. Besides, how can he compare with his competition, specifically Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and Mark Ruffalo?

Did you guys even see the movie? Stallone did an incredible job. They didn't give him the Golden Globe for nothing.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/16/16 11:54 PM

He's not a serious actor he's like an action figure, like Arnold. He also failed to thank the writer-director of “Creed,” Ryan Coogler, or Michael B. Jordan, the star of “Creed.”

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/16/16 11:59 PM

I think DelToro should have been nominated in his stead.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/17/16 12:02 AM

Ivy. you're right, I didn't see the movie. Not my style and had my share of all the Rocky's and Rambos to last me a lifetime.Sorry but I just can't take him seriously as an Actor.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/17/16 02:02 AM

Stallone doesn't need to be the most versatile actor in the world to be considered for one award in one year. Even if you consider him a one role guy, if he knocks it out of the park, that's all that matters.

Again, he didn't win the Golden Globe and wasn't nominated for an Oscar because he doesn't deserve it.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/17/16 11:35 AM

I go out tonight with some people. One of them started to talk about him in creed. He said Stallone was very good in it. He also said something I did not know about Stallone. He was born with a ailment that caused his speech to slurr. I never knew that.

I will see his last movie on Rambo that will be comming out. In it he will be fighting Mexican heroin dealers. I can't miss this one let him kill every Mexican heroin dealer before they kill him. I like the idea of that.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/18/16 01:54 PM

Thankfully for Stallone your opinion means jack sh*t come Oscar night..
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/18/16 02:24 PM

I think Best Actor will be Leo or Redmayne, I hope Leo wins he deserves it but Redmayne has a good chance due to politics and the current trans "obsession" in US. I am glad to see Fassbender and Cranston were nominated, Fassbenser being one of my favorite actors out now and Cranston is just a phenomenal actor if you look at his career this guy has range.
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 02:25 PM

OscarsSoWhite lol

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 02:36 PM

Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smith will be boycotting the Academy Awards for being "Too White?" I guess they will not be voting on the Democratic Primary.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 02:37 PM

Yes one of the if not the most liberal industry's in America is racist sorry but I'm not buying it.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 05:39 PM

Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smith will be boycotting the Academy Awards for being "Too White?" I guess they will not be voting on the Democratic Primary.

Let's have a pity party 1-2-3 AWWW!!

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 06:21 PM

How did Denzel get his two oscars? How did we elect a black president if white people are so prejudiced. I wonder if he will show up for the oscar?

I want to spare myself the bullshit of people complaining on how racists the oscars are so I won't bother to watch it.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 07:24 PM

I don't know about you but I'm boycotting the BET awards this year. Not one single white person has ever been nominated.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 07:42 PM

I don't know about you but I'm boycotting the BET awards this year. Not one single white person has ever been nominated.
Ru SERIOUS?? not one??what dickheads..haaa..i'm in ..never watch that event again,wherever that channel is..

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 07:48 PM

I stand corrected:

There have been 14 black actors and actresses who have won Academy Awards in the four major acting categories since the awards began 88 years ago. Since their establishment in 2001, the BET Awards have featured a handful of white nominees like Eminem (nominated 6 times, won once), Justin Timberlake (nominated 8 times), Robin Thicke (nominated three times), Macklemore (nominated 5 times, won once) and Sam Smith, who won but didn’t show up because he assumed a white person wouldn’t win. The struggle continues.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
OscarsSoWhite lol
how do u get them little characters?(smileys etc..)Ive only been doin this 4 8 mnths....

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Thankfully the Oscars mean jack shit to anyone paying attention. Another year more credibility lost if they have any left at this point. They laughably shunned Beasts of No Nation and Idris Elba in particular thanks to their idiotic anti-streaming crusade rolleyes

Yeah i have seen Creed, his performance was fine certainly the best you'll ever see from Sly wont take that away from him. Just no to it being Oscar worthy though (This opinion is worth jack shit), that's if the Oscars were worth anything nowadays anyway. And the Golden Globes are an even bigger joke.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/21/16 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
OscarsSoWhite lol
how do u get them little characters?(smileys etc..)Ive only been doin this 4 8 mnths....

When you quote someone there is a smiley face above the text box. Or you can just type in the codes like : ) = smile : D = grin , without the spaces.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/22/16 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
OscarsSoWhite lol

When you quote someone there is a smiley face above the text box. Or you can just type in the codes like : ) = smile : D = grin , without the spaces.
thanx

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 01/23/16 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Thankfully the Oscars mean jack shit to anyone paying attention. Another year more credibility lost if they have any left at this point. They laughably shunned Beasts of No Nation and Idris Elba in particular thanks to their idiotic anti-streaming crusade rolleyes

Yeah i have seen Creed, his performance was fine certainly the best you'll ever see from Sly wont take that away from him. Just no to it being Oscar worthy though (This opinion is worth jack shit), that's if the Oscars were worth anything nowadays anyway. And the Golden Globes are an even bigger joke.

I agree with the Idris Elba part, the guy should've been nominated..

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/12/16 02:50 PM

I could be wrong but I thinly Sly is only one of two actors to get an Oscar nomination for the same character in different films the other being Peter O'Toole

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/13/16 01:52 AM

Going to pass on the oscars because I don't want to hear jerkoffs making nominations a black against white thing.

I don't dig that shit.

Everything is black against white now. Obama he is going to bring people together what a fucking liar he was.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/13/16 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
Going to pass on the oscars because I don't want to hear jerkoffs making nominations a black against white thing.

I don't dig that shit.

Everything is black against white now. Obama he is going to bring people together what a fucking liar he was.

Blame the idiots who voted the guy in office.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/13/16 12:21 PM

This #OscarsSoWhite nonsense is ridiculous. But hell, affirmative action is already being utilized in law enforcement and the military, so why not motion pictures, as well? rolleyes

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/13/16 01:20 PM

Russell Simmons hosting his own movie awards
By Ian Mohr February 12, 2016 | 9:55pm

Russell Simmons is too busy meditating to think about Rachel Dolezal
Amid all the controversy over lack of diversity at the Oscars, where no black actors were nominated, Russell Simmons is launching his own awards ceremony days before the Hollywood extravaganza.

His All Def Movie Awards will take place blocks from the Oscars — at the TCL Chinese Theatre — on Feb. 24 with Tony Rock, Chris Rock’s younger brother, hosting.

Best Picture nominees include “Beasts of No Nation,” Spike Lee’s “Chi-Raq,” Will Smith film “Concussion,” “Creed,” “Dope” and “Straight Outta Compton.”

More unorthodox categories include Best Bad Muh F - - ka, Best Helpful White Person and Best Black Survivor in a Movie.

Said Simmons: “I don’t expect a 90-year-old academy member to see ‘Straight Outta Compton’ or vote for it. I’m more concerned that in 2016 there continues to be a stunning lack of diversity in the studios, in the greenlight process, in the decisions of what films and television series get made and what actors get chosen.”

Lee and Smith said they’ll boycott the Oscars.
http://pagesix.com/2016/02/12/russell-si...3819.1418049162

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/13/16 01:23 PM

And now the Grammy's are under fire:
http://pagesix.com/2016/02/12/now-the-gr...3819.1418049162

Could the Grammy Awards have their own race problem? The show is coming under huge pressure to diversify its all-white tribute lineup and honor the late Maurice White.

During Monday’s telecast, Lady Gaga will perform an eight-minute David Bowie tribute, Jackson Browne will honor Glenn Frey and Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp are expected to perform a tribute for Lemmy from Motörhead.

But industry insiders are griping that White, of the band Earth, Wind & Fire, and Natalie Cole have been banished to a video tribute package with others who died in the past year.

“Over the last week or so, since Maurice White passed away, there has been back and forth with the producers and the academy about some kind of representation of him during the show. The tributes they’ve confirmed are all white. As of yesterday, there was no tribute at all for Maurice because Grammy producers said they didn’t have time,” one insider told us.

Meanwhile, another source close to the Grammys said they’re still trying to figure out how to add more diversity to the lineup.

“Maurice White and the group he founded had unprecedented impact on pop culture. After a lot of pressure, producers are trying to figure out how to properly pay tribute to him. It’s still in limbo,” said the insider.

To make matters worse, Run-DMC will receive a lifetime achievement award — but it won’t be televised. “People are afraid to speak on it because it’s the Grammys. But there’s a history of them not acknowledging black artists,” the first source added.

Even though rapper Kendrick Lamar leads the Grammy nominations with 11 nods, the show still faces accusations of not doing a good enough job of honoring artists of color. Billboard recently reported in a “Confessions of a Grammy Voter” piece, “The voting bloc is still too white, too old and too male . . . the voters are becoming more diverse in terms of minorities, females and younger ages — but there’s still a long way to go.”

Grammy reps didn’t get back to us by press time.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/13/16 05:53 PM

Will and Jada Smith are upset because HE didn't receive a nomination this year for Concussion.
Said time and time again not to pay attention to public figures using the words "WE" and "US" to manipulate people.
We see it happening in politics, but it happens with entertainers as well.
I'd imagine that Will is especially mad at himself for bending over backwards to show the world how "open minded" he is by letting his teen son wear dresses in fashion ads and STILL not getting the pat on the head from the Academy.

Figuratively sacrificed his son to Golem for NOTHING.

smile
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/13/16 06:09 PM

Is there any sliver of truth to the rumours that Will Smith is a closet homosexual?
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/13/16 06:30 PM

Moe,

Rumors started when Will kissed a male actor onscreen in "6 degrees of Separation". This was early 1990s when that was rare to see in American films(not about homosexuality).

It was an arthouse film that very few people saw, so the rumors flew about what happened in the scene..etc.etc.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/14/16 02:34 AM

Gets, there have been many rumors about Will Smith. here is are some:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2731619/will-sm...still-obsessed/

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/14/16 04:09 AM

I hate rumors especially about people being gay when there is no solid proof that they are gay.

Those rumors are usually started by Gay people.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/14/16 01:23 PM

It is certainly interesting to see how out of touch "celebrities" are with the people who make issues out of nothing that only attract SJW who spew propaganda and have no need for facts or reality and collge students who are constantly indoctrinated with ultra left leaning ideas propagated by said SJW. It is sad in some cases people will celebrate a political leader (current President as an example) because their favorite celebrity endorses them without having any knowledge of what stance the politician has.

I probably won't watch the Oscars just look up who won

The Smith's are cry babies who have made millions and still have the audacity to complain when some people in the country are struggling to get by. They are probably just upset they won't get the $200,000 gift bag
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/14/16 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Moe,

Rumors started when Will kissed a male actor onscreen in "6 degrees of Separation". This was early 1990s when that was rare to see in American films(not about homosexuality).

It was an arthouse film that very few people saw, so the rumors flew about what happened in the scene..etc.etc.

I remember reading something about Smith getting that scene rewritten so it would be less sexually explicit.

I also read that himself and Jada have/had an open relationship which would raise eyebrows, as would their links with scientology.

Out of Cruise, Travolta and Smith, I would say Travolta is definitely closeted.

Whatever about Tom Cruise's personal beliefs, everything I have read about the guy leads me to believe that he is a genuinely nice person - whatever his sexual preferences.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/29/16 09:27 PM

Finally Leo won his Oscar....

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/29/16 09:59 PM

The ones i cared about that won were Ennio Morricone, Brie Larson and Leo. The one i cared about that lost was Anomalisa.

Also so glad Sly lost he didn't deserve the awards he won, and he wouldn't have deserved this. From the nominees i'd have given it to Hardy, but Rylance will do.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/29/16 09:59 PM

Glad to see that Spotlight got best picture and DeCaprio as best Actor. Don't know anyhing about Room and Danish Girl. They sound like two movies that I will not be watching.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/29/16 11:07 PM

I didn't watch but I too was glad to hear Leo finally won. Btw, I hear his Oscar was stolen while he was at an after party. Can you imagine?

http://www.satiratribune.com/2016/02/29/leonardo-dicaprios-oscar-stolen-during-after-after-party/

I haven't seen his movie, but I am sentimental toward Sly and wish he would have won. frown

I heard during their "memorial tribute" they left Abe Vigoda out.

TIS

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 02/29/16 11:45 PM

Poor Abe. What a shame that they have been saying he is dead for decades. Loved him on Fish.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 03/01/16 04:59 AM

I didn't watch but I too was glad to hear Leo finally won. Btw, I hear his Oscar was stolen while he was at an after party. Can you imagine?

http://www.satiratribune.com/2016/02/29/leonardo-dicaprios-oscar-stolen-during-after-after-party/

TIS

As hilarious as it would be, after waiting so long to get one, I think it's just a joke. The website is satire and intentionally misspelled the movie as "The Relevant." And only one other link mentions it and let's just say it's not a serious news source.

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 03/01/16 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

TIS

As hilarious as it would be, after waiting so long to get one, I think it's just a joke. The website is satire and intentionally misspelled the movie as "The Relevant." And only one other link mentions it and let's just say it's not a serious news source.

Ahhh. You may be right. I haven't heard it anywhere else. Yes, it's a good joke. Kind of mean but still. LOL

TIS

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 03/03/16 05:17 PM

I saw Spotlight yesterday. Although it was a well made movie about a horrible crime comitted IMO, the Revenant was a better made fil and worthy of Best Picture.

I thought Rachel McAdams was great but I was not impressed with Rufalo's performance.He had a real goofy look to him that was annoying to watch

Re: Oscar Nominations Announced - 03/03/16 05:22 PM

Sorry, I overlooked commenting on Keaton's performance he should have received a nomination for best actor in a supporting role over Rufalo. He was really good.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET