Home

Did you like the movie "Pumping Iron"?

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Did you like the movie "Pumping Iron"? - 04/27/12 07:06 PM

I was sort of fascinated with it, I don't want to be that big, but I admired the drive and hard work of guys like Arnie and Ferrigno.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Did you like the movie "Pumping Iron"? - 04/27/12 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
I was sort of fascinated with it, I don't want to be that big, but I admired the drive and hard work of guys like Arnie and Ferrigno.

Both WAAAY ahead of their time, Nicky. But I always felt bad for Ferrigno because he lacked the charisma that came so naturally to Arnold. He should have been a bigger action star. Not a superstar, mind you. But definitely bigger than the "Hulk" and the neighbor on "King of Queens."

Re: Did you like the movie "Pumping Iron"? - 04/27/12 07:33 PM

Yeah PB he came across as a shy kid, I mean he could of beaten Arnie if he had that strut and self belief I feel. Physically he was amazing, with his height being so great. I laughed when his dad said Lou's arms made Arnie's look like spaghetti lol.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Did you like the movie "Pumping Iron"? - 04/27/12 07:42 PM

Ferrigno lacked Arnold's definition.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Did you like the movie "Pumping Iron"? - 04/27/12 08:18 PM

Good movie. You'll notice that there's guys, including Ferrigno, who are bigger than Arnold. I think what got Arnold all those titles was the near perfect body-builder proportions of his muscles.

Re: Did you like the movie "Pumping Iron"? - 04/27/12 08:24 PM

Yeah Ivy your right, apparently today its more about size, that Ronnie Coleman is like 5,10 11 but 300lbs which is insane!
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Did you like the movie "Pumping Iron"? - 05/04/12 03:43 AM

read a few of Arnold's books..and one of the things that stood out
was just how competitive a guy he is/was.

At some stage, when all the bodybuilders are on stage together...it becomes a
really competitive sport....guys bumping each other out of the way..strategically standing and posing
next to certain others to highlight their shortcomings.

Arnold was even known(and he shows photos) to tell other guys jokes to blow their concentration.

He would outpose guys, who were bigger or more symmetrical than he was.
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: Did you like the movie "Pumping Iron"? - 06/23/12 05:53 AM

Ferrigno's father telling Lou, "You like like something Michaelangelo carved." Is that one of the most ego-boosting things an Italian father can say to his body-building son just before a competition?

Excluding music-related documentaries, "Pumping Iron" was one of the more interesting documentaries of the 1970's and probably did more for Arnold than anything else.

"The Endless Summer" and "On Any Sunday" were also pretty good "underground" documetaries about surfing and motorcross racing respectively from that same era.

"The Endless Summer" is required viewing at this time of year!

tony b.
Posted By: smith

Re: Did you like the movie "Pumping Iron"? - 07/03/12 08:40 PM

Ya i have watched this movie when i was so little nothing get from anything from movie.But i have watched it again now this time i got the story.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET