Home

Magic City

Posted By: Don Cardi

Magic City - 04/16/12 12:02 AM

Anyone watch this new show on Starz? So far....so good.

"Magic City, a series set in a fictional Miami Beach hotel in the late 1950s -- when the Rat Pack played and Fidel Castro took power in Cuba. As Frank Sinatra rings in a new year in the grand ballroom of Miami Beach's most luxurious dream palace - the Miramar Hotel - its visionary leader, Ike Evans (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), must deal with the Mob, his complicated family and a city in the midst of dramatic change as Fidel Castro takes control of Cuba, just 200 miles offshore."
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Magic City - 04/16/12 01:55 AM

My MIL's husband watched it and said it was very good. I keep meaning to see it, but never remember when it's on. I should try and catch it on Starz On Demand.

Re: Magic City - 04/21/12 01:15 PM

Ok, three episodes in and now I am really really hooked. The story line is really starting to evolve and the casting is excellent! Danny Huston who does an excellent job in his role as mobster Ben Diamond is slowly developing his character into the type that you just love to despise.

This show definitely has the potential to be one of the top shows on premium television.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Magic City - 04/21/12 03:36 PM

Thanks for the heads-up! Will check it out...

Re: Magic City - 04/21/12 03:42 PM

DVR ALERT

For anyone interested in catching up on this series, this coming Friday April 27th Starz will re-air Episodes 1 - 3 starting at 7:00PM EST which will lead right into the newest Episode which starts at 10:00PM EST.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Magic City - 04/21/12 04:45 PM

The first three episodes are available for free on the Starz website. You don't even have to be a subscriber.

http://www.starz.com/originals/magiccity
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Magic City - 04/29/12 08:06 PM

Just saw the first few episodes, it is pretty good.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Magic City - 05/25/12 05:24 PM

Guys - I have watched all current 7 episodes and can tell you it is very good. I was skeptical at first but this show has won me over. Not sure how many episodes they have made for season 1 but I sure hope it is picked up for a season 2! Good stuff - I highly recommend this series.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Magic City - 06/02/12 12:37 PM

They just wrapped up the first season last night - only 9 episodes in all. Season 2 starts some time in 2013. Give this series a look, guys. I think most Sopranos fans will enjoy it very much.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Magic City - 06/03/12 09:23 AM

We need it in the UK pronto cry
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Magic City - 06/04/12 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
We need it in the UK pronto cry

sidereel.com

thank me later
Posted By: Nova24

Re: Magic City - 06/22/12 06:08 PM

Just started watching it on On Demand.

I'm 4 episodes in and so far so good.
Posted By: B_A_

Re: Magic City - 07/04/12 10:13 AM

Two episodes. I don't know yet. MadMen meets the Sopranos I read somewhere, yet untill now not as good as either one. We'll see.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET