Home

Romanzo Criminale!

Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Romanzo Criminale! - 10/13/11 12:52 PM

Just started watching this. An Italian show about a mafia crew in 1970's Rome. Great clothes,haircuts and cars on show.

Gritty and violent, well worth a watch, the only down-side being the sub-titles!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 10/13/11 06:13 PM

Sounds cool, but I'm afraid I never heard of it. I'd tune in if I had access. I assume it's based on true stories or is it fictional? confused

TIS

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 10/15/11 05:48 PM

Fictional i think TIS. I have only watched the first 2 episodes. It is really good!
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 10/20/11 12:34 PM

I'm also currently watching this serie and it's really good. I like it as much as I liked Corleone, another Italian serie about the life of Toto Riina.

I've previously seen the film version, but the serie is more extended and I think the casting is also better.

This crew apparantly ran Rome in the late 1970s and 1980s. They were associated with the Camorra and the Sicilian Mafia. It's even said that they worked with the Italian secret service and P2 and that they were involved in the murder of Roberto Calvi (Frederick Keinszig in The Godfather).

Highly recommended for those who are interested in the subject.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 12/14/11 09:50 PM

To what mafia group they belonged? And i liked Corleone also, its a true masterpiece. They make good movies, i didnt like the Last Godfather. Its about the Provenzano and his capture.
Posted By: short841

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 05/11/12 03:04 PM

I wish season 2 would come on!

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 05/14/12 12:16 PM

Yes i keep looking out for it.....the first series was tremendous!!

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 10/12/12 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Yes i keep looking out for it.....the first series was tremendous!!

And lo and behold the second series has landed......just as good as the first. This really is an awesome show!
Posted By: Dandi

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 12/07/12 08:09 AM

I just really wish they'd do the decent thing and release a DVD of season 1 that has English subs!

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 03/02/13 02:25 PM

Looks like we may finally be getting catered for!

ROMANZO CRIMINALE: SEASON ONE
Available on DVD and Digital
Small-time criminal known as The Lebanese has a dream: to conquer the underworld of Rome. Political murders, spectacular bombings and high profile kidnappings, this blood soaked saga set in the violent underworld of 1970′s Rome, chronicles one man’s rise from hoodlum to kingpin during one of the darkest period’s in Italy’s modern history. Relentlessly pursued by the idealistic police inspector Scialoja, The Lebanese rapidly accumulates money, men and weapons… enough to become Rome’s King of Crime.

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2013/...-s1-come-march/

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 03/03/13 09:25 AM

Really was a great show, shame they only made 2 series!!

Re: Romanzo Criminale! - 09/05/13 07:36 PM

Finally!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Romanzo-Criminale-Season-English-Subtitles/dp/B00E9782XW
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET