Home

Glee

Posted By: Don Sicilia

Glee - 04/14/10 02:21 PM

I know there are a few fans on the board for this show, but I think it's fantastic. The continuation of season 1 started last night (haven't watched it yet but will tonight).

In any case, just wanted to start a thread on the show. Favorite performances, anyone? I, of course, enjoyed "Don't Stop Believin'" and "Somebody to Love" but I thought "And I'm Telling You" was an amazing performance.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Glee - 04/14/10 02:33 PM

Maybe I'll get on the bandwagon and start watching it. I just watch very little tv so I don't get invested in new shows. I don't think this show is On Demand though. So I'll have to find some way to start watching Season 1.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Glee - 04/14/10 02:38 PM

The cast is incredibly talented. The girls and I have watched the show since day one, and are avowed gleeks. Since you haven't watched last night's episode yet, I won't comment on it.

I've loved almost every performance, but one of my favorites was "My Life Would Suck Without You". The number revised the dance moves from every performance of the season, which made it the perfect ending. It also featured the long awaited Will/Emma kiss! My understanding is that particular episode was scripted that way because Ryan Murphy didn't know if the show would be picked up beyond the original 13 episodes.

The cast seems quite unaffected and very appreciative of their new-found success. At their CD signing, each one of them made a point of greeting and thanking each fan. I was most impressed with Dianna Agron (Quinn). If you think she's pretty on the show, that's nothing compared to what she looks like in person. She's absolutely stunning, and very sweet.

And of course, there's Cory Monteith. grin

Re: Glee - 04/14/10 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
And of course, there's Cory Monteith. grin

What would DJ say? tongue

Re: Glee - 04/14/10 03:50 PM

He would cry, naturally, that there's a younger man in the picture. Let's not tell him. shhh
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Glee - 04/14/10 05:56 PM

Glee? Never heard of it. whistle

I think it's totally fair game to discuss the previous night's episode (sorry, DB, you can stop reading now until after you watch it tongue )

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Emma leaving her job at the end of last season and now she's back? Hey, I didn't want her to leave, but continuity has to mean something.

Sue's "Vogue" video was great lol

Re: Glee - 04/14/10 06:07 PM

The video WAS great. They did sort of gloss over Emma's job, didn't they? Well, I guess you can always take back a resignation. The whole date rape thing with Sue and the principal was hilarious, but the two best lines of the night:

"No, she's dead. This is her son."

"Did you know that dolphins are actually gay sharks?" The actress who plays Brittany steals every scene she's in.

Was it me, or did Finn's voice sound much better? I liked his "Hello, I Love You". And of course Rachel can sing! But why have Idina Menzel if she's not going to perform???

Beth, hop aboard the Glee-Wagon! We'll make a Gleek of you yet!

Re: Glee - 04/14/10 07:38 PM

Oh I don't mind spoilers - it's not like Glee is 24 or anything where you can give away that... tongue

Re: Glee - 04/14/10 07:52 PM

I'm drawing a blank on "No, she's dead. This is her son." -- when was that?

That Brittany is so annoyingly stupid, but that line was great. lol

They seemed to touch up Finn's voice quite a bit in the studio. His voice always sounded so weak especially next to Rachel's, like during Don't Stop Believing.

If you didn't already know, Lea Michele (Rachel) and the new guy Jonathan Groff (Vocal Adrenaline's Jesse) are actually old Broadway partners. You can check out some footage here
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Glee - 04/14/10 08:02 PM

What is this show about?

Re: Glee - 04/14/10 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
What is this show about?

A high school glee club, basically.

Re: Glee - 04/15/10 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I'm drawing a blank on "No, she's dead. This is her son." -- when was that?

When Mr. Shue asked the kids how they answer the phone, Kurt said it. There are some lines on the show that I miss, and only repeated viewings really catch them all.

Brittany is as dumb as wood, but man, oh man, is she hilarious. The actress delivers them with such wide-eyed sincerity that she steals every scene she's in.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 11:48 AM

Glee's not on Comcast On Demand, so I watched the 1st episode on the internet. I laughed at 2 things right off the bat..."You think this is hard, try being waterboarded". And Rachel getting the cup splashed in her face. Haha.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 02:06 PM

Beth, I LOVE Sue Sylvester. She is so wonderfully evil! And I think that only Jane Lynch could get away with the crazy and cruel things that the character says and does.

C'mon! You have 12 episodes to watch before tomorrow night!

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 02:11 PM

I'm not liking Mr. Schuster's wife. I wonder if she's really pregnant. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Her character reminds me of female cop from "Police Acadamy" who gives the guys a self defense lesson and sits on the guys chest, and everyone wants a lesson. haha.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 02:14 PM

I like her complaining about her job at Sheets N Things. She's so self-centered.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 02:20 PM

Everyone needs 3 toilet brush holders. Duh!

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 02:20 PM

Sue Sylvester is awesome. She's so over-the-top! My favorite recurring jokes from her is her hair jokes.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 02:46 PM

This past episode had the best hair line - "...enough product to season a wok." lol

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 02:55 PM

I guess I'll have to be watching episode 2 during my lunch time. With me being on vacation after Thursday I'll really be far behind. haha.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 03:09 PM

This week is the Madonna episode. Can't wait for that one!

Btw, have a good time on your vacation! Wish I could join you!

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 03:15 PM

If you wish hard enough, anything's possible.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
If you wish hard enough, anything's possible.

Like in "Peter Pan", should I clap my hands and my wish will come true?? smile

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 03:26 PM

I will also sprinkle fairy dust on you.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 03:44 PM

Thank you. I feel very loved. Now - go watch Glee!

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 03:48 PM

Iron pills for when you menstruate...HAH! This woman's a pill. hahaha.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 03:57 PM

Yikes, I don't know where this conversation is headed... eek

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 04:09 PM

Personally, I love the pamphlets in Emma's office:

Ouch! That Stings!
Divorce: Why Your Parents Stopped Loving You
I Can't Stop Touching Myself
Radon: The Silent Killer
My Mom's Bipolar and she Won't Stop YELLING
Wow! There's A Hair Down There!
So You Like Throwing Up: Understanding and Overcoming Bulimia

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 04:16 PM

"This is where our daughter or gay son will sleep". That was funny, but I'd still love to see Sue put his wife in a headlock.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 04:24 PM

The show has so many great lines. It's almost as quotable as that OTHER show we used to watch and quote. whistle

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 04:38 PM

We can be like moms with twins...we'll love both our shows.

I just saw the pamplets in Emma's office. They don't have one for, "Your wife is a narcistic twit and I want to jump your bones"? haha.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 04:54 PM

Maybe it's not a good idea to watch Glee at work. I just laughed out loud when Finn hit that guy with his car in the flashback. I'm such a sick person. haha.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 05:20 PM

The crowd reaction after they performed, "Push it" reminded me of the crowd in "Napoleon Dynomite" after he danced at Pedro's assembly.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 05:40 PM

That's one of the funniest things about "Glee". Almost all the music performed, even by Vocal Adrenaline, is just SO inappropriate.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 05:51 PM

She's not pregnant. I KNEW it.

"I gained 10 pounds".

"It's probably from eating. I can see a chicken wing you've swallowed whole".

Good, now Shue can stop being a janitor and she can't have her foyeur.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 06:11 PM

Just wait...it gets better.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 06:12 PM

Well, I've already watched 2 episodes. Will have to wait until I get home to watch some more. hahah.

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 06:27 PM

I'm enjoying these recaps! grin

Re: Glee - 04/19/10 06:30 PM

I'll be the dyslexic "Sopranos" previewing. Instead of giving a review if that night's show, I'll give recaps. smile

Re: Glee - 04/20/10 02:16 PM

"You don't know who Josh Grobin is? Kill yourself".

"Dude..my bowels have better movements than you".

The two best lines of episode 3. haha.

Re: Glee - 04/20/10 03:51 PM

SB, did you know Glee was doing live shows at Radio City Music Hall in May?

http://www.radiocity.com/events/glee-live-510.html

Re: Glee - 04/20/10 05:56 PM

SB, did you know Glee was doing live shows at Radio City Music Hall in May?

http://www.radiocity.com/events/glee-live-510.html

Oh, why don't you squirt some lemon juice into a paper cut of mine?? It would be less painful.

I was online AND on the phone hitting redial every two seconds to try and get through to Ticketmaster for those tickets. The tickets went on sale at 9:00 and by 9:01, the website was telling me that there were no tickets available. I finally got through on the phone at 9:35, and they were sold out. They had several release dates for the different shows and even added two more, and I was never able to get through. cry

I see you watched "Acafellas". I am not a big Puck fan, but he was seriously hot in that episode.

Re: Glee - 04/20/10 05:57 PM

I see you watched "Acafellas".

Wow, you even know the episode titles?? eek grin

Did you find that book yet?

Re: Glee - 04/20/10 05:58 PM

Told you I was a Gleek! blush Actually, that's one of the few I know, because it was named after their little singing group.

Re: Glee - 04/20/10 06:10 PM

Sorry, SB. I didn't see you ever mentioning the tour and wanted to make sure you knew of it. Darn! You can't go to one of those TIX booths around Manhattan and scalp some?

I'm still learning names. Which one is Puck?

Re: Glee - 04/20/10 06:21 PM

Puck is the one with the mohawk. He's a jerk most of the time.

I can get tickets on StubHub - for about $200 EACH. NOT worth it!

Re: Glee - 04/20/10 07:08 PM

Here's a few previews from tonight's Madonna episode:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1437925549477

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1437918469300

Re: Glee - 04/20/10 07:17 PM

I'll try to watch tonight. But with me only watching 3 episodes I hope I don't get confused. I did see in commercials that Sue sings. I guess that must be one of her fantasies. haha.

Re: Glee - 04/21/10 12:16 AM

Beth, if you catch tonight's episode, let me know what you think.

Re: Glee - 04/21/10 02:10 AM

DAMN DVR!! DAMN IDOL FOR GOING OVER!! I MISSED THE ENDING!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Glee - 04/21/10 04:45 PM

Three words:

Kurt - Single -Ladies. Freaking hilarious.

I didn't get to watch the Madonna episode. At this point I'll catch up on all the episodes by the beginning of Season 3.

Re: Glee - 04/21/10 06:03 PM

LOVE Kurt teaching the football players the dance. It was so very funny! And the scene when he comes out to his father, and his father's complete love and acceptance, was one of the most beautifully written scenes in TV history.

Re: Glee - 04/21/10 06:11 PM

I was pleasantly surprised when his father was so approving. But, how could he really NOT know. That line about wanting sensible shoes was great. After all, Helen Keller could have figured out he was gay. I love Kurt though. He reminds me of the past "Project Runway" winner who coined, "Fierce".

Re: Glee - 04/21/10 06:20 PM

Did you know that originally there was no Kurt? Chris Colfer auditioned for the part of Artie, but Ryan Murphy loved his rendition of "Mr. Cellophane" so much that they wrote the part of Kurt Hummel just for him, and had him perform the song in the pilot.

Re: Glee - 04/21/10 06:33 PM

I've only watched 4 episodes and can't picture "Glee" without Kurt.

Ok, so who are everyone's favorite or least favorite characters? So far I've stated I'm not loving Mr. Schu's wife. Ken gives me the heebie jeebies.

Re: Glee - 04/21/10 06:38 PM

The way this show is so over the top makes it funny. I like me some Finn, and laughed when he was surprised you could just take books out of the library. But...thinking you could get a girl pregnant through the swim wear. haha. That's really far fetched.

Re: Glee - 04/21/10 07:02 PM

Three words:

Kurt - Single -Ladies. Freaking hilarious.

I didn't get to watch the Madonna episode. At this point I'll catch up on all the episodes by the beginning of Season 3.

One of my favorite episodes. Friggin' hilarious.

Re: Glee - 04/22/10 08:13 PM

My least favorite character is Mrs. Shue's sister. I can't stand her.

My favorite? Well, Finn's way up there for obvious reasons, but I love Emma. She honestly cares about the kids (and Mr. Schuester), but I mostly want to raid her closet, especially her shoes.

Re: Glee - 04/23/10 09:31 PM

Howdy from NYC.

I don't like Terri's sister eithr. Call them the chilren of the corn.

I watched episoded 5 & 6. They were good, but seemed to lack the comic relief. I have to say the guys way outshined the girls in the sing off. They sang better, and the girl's dresses were hideous.

Re: Glee - 04/24/10 05:20 PM

What?? The yellow ones? LOVE those!!! I absolutely loved the boys mashup. It was great. They were WAY better than the girls. And the whole Vitamin D thing was pretty funny. Poor Howard Bamboo.

Re: Glee - 04/24/10 05:53 PM

Who was Howard Bamboo? Now I'm going into Glee withdrawel. haha.

Re: Glee - 04/24/10 06:40 PM

Howard is the guy who works for Terri at Sheets N Things, the one who got arrested for buying all the Sudafed.

Edit: Was with my daughter at the mall yesterday and they played the Glee version of "My Life Would Suck Without You". We had to restrain ourselves from singing and dancing in the store.

Re: Glee - 04/25/10 07:37 PM

Reading this blog entry I was reminded on one of my favorite lines from last week, when Kurt was referred to as a "future center square" lol

That, of course, referring to openly-gay Paul Lynde on the classic Hollywood Squares (where he was the center square for over a dozen years):

Re: Glee - 04/25/10 09:04 PM

Total Gleeks: Here's a reason to get an iPhone or iPod wink

(Don't worry, Douche, I'd never post anything w/o autotune! tongue )

Re: Glee - 04/25/10 09:09 PM

Total Gleeks: Here's a reason to get an iPhone or iPod wink

(Don't worry, Douche, I'd never post anything w/o autotune! tongue )

What reason???? confused

Re: Glee - 04/25/10 09:10 PM

By the way, Geoff, I know that your DVR cut out like mine did. Check out the last few minutes of the Madonna episode on Hulu. The musical number is impressive.

Re: Glee - 04/25/10 09:23 PM

What reason???? confused

Sorry, I forgot the link -- too busy destroying every song I try whistle lol

Re: Glee - 04/26/10 12:49 AM

So love Glee songs. I do have the two CDs. Can't wait for the next one because that will have Idina Menzel AND Cheno.

Re: Glee - 04/26/10 02:11 PM

The Kristin Chenowith episode was a good one. Great singer and always so funny.

Re: Glee - 04/26/10 02:58 PM

She's going to be back in tomorrow's episode. April returns!!! The episode is called "Home" and I hope that means that Cheno will be singing the song of the same title from "The Wiz". That would be amazing!

Re: Glee - 04/26/10 04:09 PM

I can't wait to get home tomorrow just to catch up on Glee. Wonder what our girl Kristen will be stirring up this episode.

Re: Glee - 04/26/10 04:16 PM

Here is a preview of some of the music from tomorrow night's episode. Cheno IS doing "Home", one of my favorite Broadway songs ever!

Re: Glee - 04/26/10 04:21 PM

They have the sound turned off on this computer. I don't want to be messing with things and have to pay for a new computer. haha. I'll have 5 days when I get home to catch up.

Re: Glee - 04/26/10 06:24 PM

Geoff, I know that your DVR cut off the last few minutes of last week's episode, which means that you didn't see the big musical number. It seems that the number was severely edited for the episode, so here's the audio of the full studio version. The coolest thing about this number was that New Directions was performing in front of a curtain. When they got to the words "Let the choir sing", the curtain opened to reveal this huge gospel choir. It was a fantastic number.

Re: Glee - 04/26/10 08:15 PM

Thanks, Babe. When watching, I think I remember it cutting out when Arnie was talking to that other girl. I think that was after the cheerleading assembly, right? Man, so this was AFTER all that? Sheesh.

Why the hell can't DVR's allow me to extend the end-time a few minutes each week? My friend says it won't if you schedule "all episodes", but if you set it to record each week (episode) at a time, it will. I don't know, I haven't had any luck with it. ohwell

I just watched the end at FOX.com/glee -- yeah, I missed that entire thing! Thanks smile

Re: Glee - 04/26/10 08:47 PM

My DVR allows me to customize start/end record times even for "all episodes" recording.

(Not bragging, just letting you know that the technology does exist. wink )

Re: Glee - 04/26/10 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia

Yeah, yeah... tongue It's not a Scientific Atlanta EXPLORER 8300HD, is it? It's just so stupid!

I would buy my own w/ the features I want, but if something goes wrong with it I can't just exchange it for a new, updated one. ohwell

Re: Glee - 04/27/10 11:15 AM

Mine does the same as yours, JG. The only solution is to set it to also record the 10:00 News. We can't do that, because we're already recording Parenthood and The Good Wife, and our DVR can only do two shows at a time.

I would think that buying one is not so bad. It's a pretty simple machine. It's just a hard drive, isn't it?? What I want to figure out is how to download it to my DVD recorder/player.

Re: Glee - 04/27/10 04:00 PM

Yeah, I record Parenthood and V Tuesdays at 10 lol

I snagged the Saga off the DVR, but had to lug the machine to the computer and hook up the analog out to my video capture card -- and record it in real time. Pain in the ass, so I've only done it for really special things I couldn't get anywhere else.

Because the HD recordings take up more space, I only keep each episode for a week (I rewatch the previous episode on Monday night, then erase it).

Re: Glee - 04/27/10 04:26 PM

Yeah, yeah... tongue It's not a Scientific Atlanta EXPLORER 8300HD, is it? It's just so stupid!

I'll check. It's whatever RCN gave me so I have no idea.

Re: Glee - 04/28/10 02:25 AM

I have yet to put away the tissues. That was one of the most heart-warming and tender episodes ever. The musical performances were terrific. Cheno is beyond great. Her renditions of "Home" and "One Less Bell To Answer" were in a class by themselves. Just superb.

The scenes between Quinn and Mercedes, and Finn and his mother and Finn and Burt were all quite touching. Loved Kurt's rendition of "A House Is Not A Home". He and Finn played the selfish teen perfectly.

And somehow Sue came out ahead again! Gotta love her!

Re: Glee - 04/28/10 07:34 AM

My friend Mer and I were just weeping. I didn't just say that. tongue whistle

Re: Glee - 04/28/10 10:55 AM

Did your DVR cut out? Mine cut out in the middle of "Home" and I almost started throwing things at the TV. My husband had a dental appt. after work, so we didn't finish dinner until almost 8, which left us to the DVR. As soon as I realized that Idol ran over, I knew we were screwed. At least I heard the audio online.

I saw the "making of" video and Kristin Chenoweth was saying how much she loves singing with Matt Morrison. She said, "I wish he would take his shirt off so that I could do my laundry on his abs." lol My favorite April line? "I've been sober for 45 minutes now..."

Re: Glee - 04/28/10 06:07 PM

Did your DVR cut out? Mine cut out in the middle of "Home"...

Yeah, same here. ohwell

It was weird not hearing Rachel sing for an entire episode, tho! But I'm glad Mercedes and Kurt are getting more songs.

Re: Glee - 04/28/10 06:22 PM

Rachel didn't sing for an entire empisode and she didn't quit the club? That's something to see.

Re: Glee - 04/29/10 12:58 AM

Beth, I think this was one of my favorite episodes. I did get to see Kristin Chenoweth's "Home" online today. Damn, she's good.

I think people were complaining about Rachel getting all the solos, so they let some of the other characters take over this week.

Re: Glee - 04/30/10 12:59 AM

I've finished up to Episode 8. I don't think I'll drink a slushi again. haha. But Will looked really cool "Bustin a move".

Re: Glee - 04/30/10 01:50 AM

I love Bust A Move. And love Mike Chang's dancing in it, too.

Re: Glee - 05/01/10 06:29 PM

I have a fellow Gleek in my house. I was watching Episode 9 on the computer when Nicole walked past and said, "Oh, Glee". I asked if she watched it and she said she did. SB, I told her about the book signing and how Rachel is a real diva in real life and that Puck is hot. Her eyes widedned with that. I'm guessing Puck is her favorite. She said what I already knew, that Glee is available on Demand. But they only go back a certain amount of epidodes, not as far back as Season 1. I told her how I don't like Terri and hope she gets what's coming to her. She said without giving anything away, I do get my wish. Yes! I want to see Terri go DOWN!

Re: Glee - 05/01/10 10:47 PM

You have to keep watching. Episodes 11-13 are full of action. Ryan Murphy wasn't sure that the show would be picked up past the initial 13 episodes, so #13 was scripted to be a finale that could also be continued.

Re: Glee - 05/01/10 11:15 PM

I just watched #10. Man, Will cracked me up with his looks and body language during his duet with Rachel. Stalkerville. haha. I felt bad for Quinn.

Re: Glee - 05/01/10 11:46 PM

How much do you love the mash-up of "Young Girl" and "Don't Stand So Close To Me"? I mean, not only does Will look great performing, but the look on EMMA'S face is the best part, forget Rachel! LOL

And Finn singing "I'll Stand By You" to Baby Drizzle? And crying on his mom's shoulder?? LOVE him. And he has the best line in the history of TV - "I have to go. They'll think I'm pooping." The girls and I had to rewind the DVR about 19 times to watch that and laugh all over again.

And how much did you love Suzy Pepper? She was hilarious, and yet not, all at the same time.

And the performance of "Lean On Me" was great.

I think this was one of my favorite episodes. Can you tell??? blush

Re: Glee - 05/02/10 12:08 AM

That was an awesome episode, for all the reasons you mentioned. It's a close second to "Single ladies". Will is great in every performance he does.

The actress who plays Suzy Pepper plays a high school girl one year, and now plays a doctor on "Grey's Anatomy".

Re: Glee - 05/02/10 12:11 AM

Believe it or not, I've actually never seen Grey's Anatomy.

Re: Glee - 05/02/10 12:19 AM

This season is pretty boring on the show. I don't see it lasting much longer.

My question for Glee, we've seen them do nothing but practice. Are they EVER gonna perform in a competition? haha.

Re: Glee - 05/02/10 12:57 AM

Are they EVER gonna perform in a competition? haha.

Very soon, Bethie wink

Re: Glee - 05/02/10 01:08 AM

Good. Nothing like watching guys who can't perform.

Re: Glee - 05/02/10 10:05 PM

I just finished episode 13. All I can say is, "WOW"! I kind of figured they would win sectionals. The end when Will runs into Emma's office I almost felt a tear. I read earlier that Emma comes back. I guess Will's kiss made her rescind her resignation.

Re: Glee - 05/03/10 01:24 AM

How great were all the musical numbers? Mercedes, Rachel, Finn - they were all great. LOVED it. And I loved how "My Life Would Suck Without You" had the dance moves from every song of the season.

Re: Glee - 05/03/10 05:36 AM

I loved how "My Life Would Suck Without You" had the dance moves from every song of the season.

Really? You noticed that?? I need to pay closer attention. At the same time, I bow down to the biggest Gleek on the planet!! lol wink

Re: Glee - 05/03/10 08:20 AM

As a virgin I'll be going to SB for her Gleekness as well. I wouldn't have noticed that.

I watched Episode 14. Between today and tomorrow I should be all caught up. Poor Will,after months of no sex with non-pregnant wife he has to pick a virgin. He'll be getting a hooker soon.

Re: Glee - 05/03/10 11:06 AM

I loved how "My Life Would Suck Without You" had the dance moves from every song of the season.

Really?

Rachel and the boys have the cowboy hats/moves from the number April did (Last Name), Kurt does some moves from "Single Ladies", Brittany does some Hairography, Santana does some moves from "Push It" and the boys do their moves from the Usher mashup. Are you blind???? tongue

Re: Glee - 05/03/10 06:31 PM

I just watched the Madonna episode. Sue was hysterical in the Vogue video. I loved how she put in "Will Schuester..I hate you". And what about our little virgin trifecta. Poor Will probably is really gonna need to make a trip to the red light district. As much as I like him, if a guy would hand me a business card and tell me to see a shrink I think I'd slap him. But then again, since I'd quickly resort to physical violence might mean I do need to see one. haha.

Re: Glee - 05/03/10 09:58 PM

But do you eat lunch with plastic gloves on like Emma does??

Re: Glee - 05/03/10 10:10 PM

Only on special occasions. hee hee.

But I do have ADD like her. smile

Re: Glee - 05/03/10 10:23 PM

I'm watching the last episode now. Woo hoo!! All caught up.

"I think my cat is reading my diary". That Brittany is too cute for words.

Oh, April, April, April. You need to sober up, and fast. You and Will would be smoking HOT together.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 02:01 AM

I love Brittany. The actress delivers those bizarre lines with the utmost wide-eyed sincerity. She's perfect.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 05:18 AM

I re-watched last week's episode (like I do every Monday) and again was moved. (I won't say brought to tears again whistle )

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 11:06 AM

It made me like Quinn just when I want to hate her. And where the hell is she living? Did her parents forgive her? (doubtful) Is she living with Puck's family? A home for unwed mothers?? She obviously isn't living with Finn any more.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 11:15 AM

I was just gonna post I wonder where Quinn is living. Are the writers of this show like from The Sopranos? Just leave unexplained plots for the viewer to try to decide.

I like the fact they started Quinn off as an unlikable character, then have us start to like her. Sort of like a soap opera.

I'm wondering if they're gonna make Finn gay? He's with the head cheerleader and doesn't bed her. I know he didn't have feelings for Santana, but to have him say he felt nothing after they had sex, makes me think he just isn't into girls. I certainly wouldn't want to see him hook up with Kurt, he'd smash the poor boy. But that would create great angst.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 02:45 PM

And just when you like Quinn, she's a total bitch again.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 02:47 PM

Is she still gonna give the baby up for adoption? I'm assuming giving it to Terri is not an option anymore?

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 03:26 PM

Unless Terri and Will get back together. He's stupid enough, that's for sure.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 03:43 PM

When Will was looking at her picture during his duet with April I was screaming, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". Don't do it. Don't take her back.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 04:54 PM

I'm wondering if they're gonna make Finn gay?

That reminded me what I noticed on the second viewing, right before Kurt sang "A House is Not a Home" (to Finn), Puck looked at Finn and mouthed what looked like "You're gay?" and Finn rolled his eyes a little. Hmmmm lol

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 05:00 PM

I'm just thinking of how many people's names rhyme.

Kurt and dad Bert. Was his mom Gert?

Finn and Quinn.

Sue and Schue.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 05:01 PM

OK, just stop all this "Is Finn gay?" stuff. That's MY Finn you're talking about....

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 05:03 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with that......

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 05:04 PM

Don Sicilia started this thread and we've hijacked it. We haven't scared you away have we, DB? smile

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 05:17 PM

BTW, Lea Michele is on Ellen today at 4PM ET

Also...

'Glee' star Lea Michele makes Time's top 100 list eek
Quote:
By NICOLE EVATT (AP) – 3 days ago

NEW YORK — "Glee" star Lea Michele is joining the ranks of Brazil's president and Lady Gaga as an honoree in Time magazine's 100 most influential people issue. The 23-year-old triple threat co-stars as the annoyingly ambitious Rachel Berry on the Fox network hit show, a role that garnered her a Best Actress nomination at the Golden Globes.

The Time issue, on newsstands now, honors influential artists, heroes, leaders and thinkers.

On Tuesday, Michele will announce the 64th annual Tony nominations along with Jeff Daniels. She's starred on Broadway in "Spring Awakening" and has also appeared in "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Les Miserables."

Michele is also preparing for "Glee Live," a sold-out, nationwide tour that kicks off in May.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 05:52 PM

Don Sicilia started this thread and we've hijacked it. We haven't scared you away have we, DB? smile

lol

I've been enjoying your recaps, Bethie. It's fun to remember experiencing the same things as I watched the first episodes.

Like the last few weeks, I probably won't watch this week's episode until Thursday/Friday due to work/school/travel.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 06:27 PM

I'll probably watch it online tomorrow due to sleep. haha.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 09:44 PM

Lea Michele's making the rounds: She's to be on Jimmy Fallon tonight, too.

Re: Glee - 05/04/10 11:43 PM

And just remember that photo I have of her, JG.

Re: Glee - 05/05/10 12:05 AM

The boob shot!

She really is making the rounds. I'm beginning to think she feels she's the star, just like Rachel.

Re: Glee - 05/05/10 11:35 AM

Ice, Ice baby!!

Only Will could make that song look cool.

Best lines:

Artie: "I'm kinda getting cold feet here".
Brittany: "Can you even feel your feet"?

Kurt:"We're as menacing as muppet babies".

Re: Glee - 05/05/10 02:06 PM

I actually wanted to smack Finn last night. That whole thing with Rachel's video, with him saying something about her reputation - isn't that the reason he didn't want to be with HER?? Because he was so cool and she was so not??

I also loved all the scenes with Sue and her sister. And Emma finally got a backbone! Hooray for her!

Everyone calling Will a slut and a manwhore was GREAT.

Re: Glee - 05/05/10 02:09 PM

It was a good episode, but not one that really stuck out as great.

I always love seeing Sue with her sister. It shows that her grinch heart does beat a little, so she's not a total witch. I think her bravado is all for show to hide her heartache.

I like Emma with a backbone. Will and Emma's flirting was cute, but she's too wimpy and they have no spark.

Having Sue call Will a manwhore was priceless.

Re: Glee - 05/05/10 03:15 PM

You need to have a talking to with Finn, mama SB. I read that Cory Monteith dropped out in the 9th grade and did not attend High School. He was also once a Walmart Greeter. haha.

Re: Glee - 05/05/10 03:23 PM

He's Canadian. What do you expect??? wink

Re: Glee - 05/06/10 02:16 PM

See... that's how you get people interested. What photo? wink

Re: Glee - 05/06/10 07:28 PM

Lea really is showing herself to be a little diva. This is part of an article on Page 6 of the NYP about the 100 Most Influential People's gala.

"Glee" star Lea Michele was also not suffering from humility. When a photographer asked for her name, she replied "Sarah Palin." Laughter. "No really, what's your name?" Michele: "Taylor Swift." Said one witness, "She seemed really annoyed he didn't know who she was."

Re: Glee - 05/06/10 08:37 PM

See... that's how you get people interested. What photo? wink

DS, I got pictures of the cast when they signed our CDs. The picture is from the side and Lea was wearing a rather low-cut shirt. It's a somewhat revealing angle. JG was quite enamored of the photo.

Re: Glee - 05/06/10 10:49 PM

Oh I see. Or in JG's case, "Oh I see... again and again... and again."

(and once after lunch.)

Re: Glee - 05/06/10 10:55 PM

Lea really is showing herself to be a little diva. This is part of an article on Page 6 of the NYP about the 100 Most Influential People's gala.

"Glee" star Lea Michele was also not suffering from humility. When a photographer asked for her name, she replied "Sarah Palin." Laughter. "No really, what's your name?" Michele: "Taylor Swift." Said one witness, "She seemed really annoyed he didn't know who she was."

It's starting... Meteoric rise to stardom getting to people's heads or the press looking for angles to knock people down (maybe LM was kidding?) or it could be both...

All I know is I think the show is nearing the line of over-exposure (if it hasn't already crossed it). Perhaps I'm just tired of the Glee updates every other line on Facebook? lol

Still a fantastic show though. I guess I have to block the other stuff out.

Re: Glee - 05/07/10 03:51 PM

Matthew Morrison has no love for Britney Spears. Who can blame him.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1638677/20100507/spears_britney.jhtml

Re: Glee - 05/10/10 09:17 PM

I downloaded some Glee songs onto my Ipod. So far I've been playing non stop "What it's like for a girl", "4 minutes', and "Smile". That song makes me laugh. But I can't remember what episode that was from.

Re: Glee - 05/11/10 01:37 AM

I could swear that I posted here that I got the Power of Madonna CD. Like A Prayer is great.

Neil Patrick Harris tomorrow night!

Re: Glee - 05/11/10 04:25 AM

Neil Patrick Harris tomorrow night!

And some people think the show is gay... pfft! lol

Re: Glee - 05/11/10 10:56 AM

LOVE NPH!!! He's so smarmy.

Re: Glee - 05/11/10 01:47 PM

Kristin Chenoweth blasts newsweek article saying gay men can't play straight parts.

In reading the article, I didn't know Jonathan Groff was gay.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...bic-1949368981/

Re: Glee - 05/12/10 01:40 AM

OK, Cory Monteith is officially on The List. His version of "Jessie's Girl" almost made me swoon, and his friendship with the quadriplegic boy was too sweet for words.

Edit: I flove Kurt's dad.

Re: Glee - 05/12/10 07:34 AM

Every dad should be like Kurt's dad. And it was funny hearing Kurt sing Mellencamp like "a man" -- and also sad at the same time. Poor guy keeps tugging at the heart strings this season...

Everyone got a solo but Artie... WTH?

Re: Glee - 05/12/10 11:38 AM

I'm liking Puck with the shaved head. I am just so not a mohawk person.

Re: Glee - 05/12/10 03:04 PM

And we now know where Quinn is living.

Re: Glee - 05/12/10 04:39 PM

Everyone got a solo but Artie... WTH?

A lot of them didn't. I didn't see Tina, Quinn or Brittaney doing a solo, plus those 2 other guys I don't know their names. Or as Sue would say, "The other Asian". haha.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Glee - 05/14/10 12:22 PM

By the way, what is Glee all about?

Re: Glee - 05/14/10 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
By the way, what is Glee all about?

Generally, it's about a teacher and a group of outcast students who start a glee club in high school. Each episode plays out like a one-hour musical - relevant songs sung throughout the episode that fit in with the storyline.

While each of the students fit a particular stereotype - the diva, the football player, the head cheerleader, etc. - the storylines and acting are nuanced enough to make it enjoyable and funny.

Re: Glee - 05/15/10 12:47 AM

Grazie DS

Re: Glee - 05/18/10 03:46 PM

Forget "The Rachel". "The Schue" is now apparently the new hair craze. haha.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2010/05/18/matthew-morrison-dishes-on-his-famous-curls/

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 01:31 AM

Just watched Matt Morrison and NPH's "Dream On" duet. Freaking amazing.

Edit: Musically, that was one of the best episodes ever, despite a dearth of Finn.

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 05:57 AM

As I said earlier on Facebook, all these (30-some-odd) years I thought the line in Aerosmith's Dream On was "Everybody's gotta do to masturbate" and thought it was censored for Glee. blush

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 12:40 PM

Could Idina Menzel's character be Rachel's biological mother? Hmmmmmmmmmm. There is a resemblence.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/05/18/glee-idina-menzel-lea-michele/

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 02:36 PM

Their duet last night was fantastic, and they do look so much alike. I love Idina Menzel, and want to see her perform on the show with Kristin Chenoweth. They were on Broadway together in "Wicked", so that would be very cool, especially since they're both attracted to Will. Maybe a love triangle??

IF she truly is Rachel's biological mother, I would prefer that she planted Jessie in New Directions not to sabotage the club, but to get her close to Rachel. That would make them both less evil.

In the meantime, how hilarious was the "angry sex" scene between Sue Sylvester and Bryan Ryan, especially since both Jane Lynch and Neil Patrick Harris are gay??

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 02:46 PM

I'm just watching last night's episode online now. I can only imagine how those two pulled things off. Just goes to show the author of that article about gay actors in straight rolls should pound dirt.

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 03:05 PM

They're both excellent actors, so that certainly helped. I still can't get over the "Dream On" duet. Really impressive to take on such an iconic song and still deliver.

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 04:08 PM

Poor Artie. I was rooting for him to at least take a step or two. Between Kurt and his dad and Artie, I need to stock up on kleenex.

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 04:11 PM

I know!! But I'm glad that they gave Kevin McHale an opportunity to show-off his dancing, because he's very talented. I loved the line about Finn's dancing, because Cory Monteith is quite the klutz. His Twitter name is Frankenteen!!!!!

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 04:11 PM

You like how they featured your man Mandy Patinkin in the episode, SB? Was Mandy in on it? haha.

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 04:29 PM

NPH really rocked those high notes on "Dream on".

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 04:41 PM

I teared up with Artie's group dance at the mall. Although, it kind of reminded me of a Britney Spears video at first. haha.

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 04:50 PM

So, I read that article before I watched last night's show. So she really IS Rachel's mom. She sure has the looks to pull it off. And having curley haired boy seduce her to get to know her daughter is better than just doing it to break up the Glee Club.

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 05:41 PM

You like how they featured your man Mandy Patinkin in the episode, SB? Was Mandy in on it? haha.

Mandy??? confused

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 05:53 PM

When Jesse and Rachel were looking through her baby things and she said Patty Lapone was her mom. She felt it was her because she was in New York when she was conceived in a play with Mandy Pintinkin.

Re: Glee - 05/19/10 06:28 PM

Thanks. I missed that. That must have been "Evita" she was referring to.

I actually saw Mandy and Patty Lupone in that, and became a lifelong fan of his.

Re: Glee - 05/24/10 03:37 PM

Finally saw this week's episode on Saturday... It was pretty depressing, especially the last song.

Re: Glee - 05/26/10 12:50 AM

Lady GaGa night! So looking forward to seeing Kurt in GaGa Gear.

Re: Glee - 05/26/10 12:59 AM

She's not gonna appear is she? I must be the one person in the universe not gaga over that tart.

Re: Glee - 05/26/10 01:30 AM

I don't think she's very talented vocally, but love how over the top she is!!

Re: Glee - 05/26/10 01:44 AM

I don't like this episode so far. The boy's Kiss number was the best. With me not being a GaGa fan I didn't particularly like the girl's number.

Sorry, I'm on Finn's side. That room was just over the top.

Re: Glee - 05/26/10 01:45 AM

How lovely. The boys are serenading me. haha.

Re: Glee - 05/26/10 02:05 AM

I flove Kurt's dad, standing up for his son. However, I think that putting a 16 year old out on the streets was a bit much. What if they were blood brothers who had a fight??

And props to Lea for her acting this week. She allowed Rachel to be so very vulnerable in her scenes with Idina.

And Mike Chang and Other Dancing Boy actually each had a line! They had to be wearing KISS costumes to get a line so you could barely tell who was who, but they each got a line!!!

Re: Glee - 05/26/10 11:16 AM

If it wasn't for Artie in the wheelchair and Finn on the drugs I wouldn't know who any of the guys were.

Not my favorite episode tonight. The whole Finn/Kurt's dad I'm torn over. Kurt is probably my favorite character, and having his dad stick up for him is great, but the way it was done I felt his dad was in the wrong. Kurt was too over the top, and him attempting to take off Finn's make up...if I was straight and a gay girl was overtly sexual with me I'd punch her in the face.

That song Rachel and her mom sang together was downright boring. You've waited all your life to sing with your mom and you pick, "Poker face"? I know it was GaGa night and they had to use one of her songs, but maybe GaGA wasn't the right theme to have the mother/daughter show. I was just very underwhelmed by the whole show.

Re: Glee - 05/26/10 11:29 AM

I assume Finn had his own room at their old house. His mom says that Kurt's house is bigger. Than why do he and Kurt need to share a room? I know that would defeat the whole plot line, but they have 2 1/2 baths, but the only bedroom they have is his father's?

There was no Rebecca of Sunny Brook farm. And where has Ken been?

Re: Glee - 05/26/10 11:59 AM

I loved how Kurt's dad totally stood up for him. But I agree with you to a certain point. While Finn was completely wrong to say and do what he did, Kurt had pushed him there. He didn't get any of the blame for what happened.

But if it got Finn to wear a red shower curtain, who am I to argue??

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 12:42 AM

Jane Lynch got married yesterday.

http://www.toofab.com/2010/06/01/glee-jane-lynch-lara-embry-wedding-married-sue-sylvester/

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 12:47 AM

I'm surprised you didn't point to THIS one wink

Sue Sylvester may have sung "Vogue" on "Glee" -- but Mr. Schuester is the one who's in it.

Matthew Morrison -- and his buff bod -- makes an appearance alongside model Raquel Zimmermann for a photo shoot in the mag's June issue.

http://www.toofab.com/2010/05/18/mr-shuester-matthew-morrison-glee-vogue/

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 12:53 AM

Ok, Schue needs some more love scenes. haha.

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 01:47 AM

Matt Morrison is unbelievably hot. Can't wait for tonight's episode (DVRing now). According to Jane Lynch, he gives Sue Sylvester a lap dance in an attempt to woo her and end the war between them.

I think Jane Lynch is so talented. I first saw her on Criminal Minds and thought she was just terrific. I hope that she and Lara have a lifetime of happiness.

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 12:01 PM

Ok, I was kind of creeped out by Schue's lap dance. haha.

It would have been funny of Puck, Finn and Terry got to finish singing "Loser".

"Wednesday is HUMP day". I've heard that line a million times, but the way Schue said it to Sue...I thought she'd blow a gasket". haha. Gotta love Jane Lynch.

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 12:37 PM

Oh, that whole thing was just so wrong, wrong, wrong. I needed a shower afterwards.

The whole Sheets N Things was hilarious. And I liked having Terri back. I missed her crazy selfishness!

My heart broke for Rachel, especially with that last egg from Jessie. As Kurt said, she's ours. Nobody else is allowed to humiliate her.

Edit: Love the friendship blossoming between Quinn and Mercedes.

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 12:51 PM

Kurt always has the good lines. I liked Finn's remark about making her an omelet too. This episode was definitely a leg up on last week's. (Kurt's leg kick on tv pun intended). smile

I also like how Kurt was being "one of the boys" and walking out with the guys to defend Rachel. He always considered himself to be one of the girls. What was he gonna do anyway..give them a facial? haha.

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 01:14 PM

Kurt on TV during Sue's interview was so funny. What I love about this show are all the little things in the background, like Finn playing the little broom during "Loser" and Brit with her uniform on backwards. And did you notice Sue's idea of evening wear? Tracksuit with pearls.

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 01:31 PM

Yeah, you blink or turn around and you miss something. Just seeing Kurt's knee kick just makes me bust out laughing.

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 01:43 PM

I also like that as part of Cheerios, Kurt now is the champion at something. Sue, in all her nastiness, showcased Kurt in the competition and had him on tv with her during the interview. She talks all her smack, but in her own way she was letting Kurt shine.

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 01:49 PM

Sue truly is one of those characters you love to hate. She's so complex and multi-dimensional.

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 01:56 PM

She's like the grinch who's heart just inches bigger little by little. Her love for her sister makes her genuine.

Re: Glee - 06/02/10 03:16 PM

I wonder how these actors deal with their characters getting sodas and egs thrown at them. They sign on to do a musical, and end up in a really bad Animal House skit. haha.

But I hear eggs are supposed to be good for getting frizzies out of your hair. hahaha.

Re: Glee - 06/09/10 02:31 AM

I love this show. And apparently Finn loves Rachel and Puck loves Quinn and Will loves Emma. I've missed Emma the last few episodes.

Great performances by the choirs, although I thought VA's was a bit too much Jessie and not enough choir. Loved the whole Journey medley, loved Olivia Newton-John being such a bitch. The performance of "To Sir With Love" broke my heart. That's every teacher's dream, I would think. And we got to hear Mike Chang and Other Guy speak again!!!

I can't wait to watch the whole season again on Thursdays! lol

Re: Glee - 06/09/10 04:32 AM

Babe, you just summed it up nicely. But I won't be watching on Thursdays -- I'm holding out for the full first season, and on Blu-Ray to boot! Don't wanna OD on it or anything. wink

But I must comment on Sue's vote for New Directions, and not telling Shu about it. cool

Re: Glee - 06/09/10 11:44 AM

Sue Sylvester is one of the best characters on TV today. If Lynch doesn't win an Emmy, that would be a disgrace.

Re: Glee - 06/09/10 01:50 PM

Fantastic season finale. My wife was crying so much, it took all I had not to make fun of her. (OK, I made fun of her a little. wink )

Re: Glee - 06/09/10 02:02 PM

My husband was at a work dinner, so I was saved from the ribbing. There were two moments when I was moved to tears - when Will pulled the car over to cry, and when Finn started talking about how he thinks of Will as a father figure, and then the subsequent "To Sir, With Love".

There were two things about last night's episode that stuck in my craw a little:

1. Why does Will only realize his feelings for Emma during a season finale?

2. The adoption of baby Beth by Idina Menzel's character. First of all, really? You already HAVE a daughter. Sorry she's 16 and you didn't get to change her diaper, but that was YOUR choice. Also, how was a single woman able to walk into a hospital and walk out with a newborn? Even in Lima, there must be a very long waiting list for an infant.

Yes, "Bohemian Rhapsody" is a rather long song, but lucky Quinn managed to drive to the hospital AND give birth before it was over! All labor should be over so quickly! And how did ND get back and forth from the hospital in time for the trophy presentation?

OK, that's actually 3 things!

Oh, and I still heart Finn.

Re: Glee - 06/09/10 02:11 PM

To this point, I haven't actually been that impressed with Jesse and Vocal Adrenaline, but I thought their version of BR was pretty good.

A few other thoughts...

- I liked how Emma got worked up at the end.
- I agree with SB - the whole adoption thing was a little weird. I guess it's implied that Quinn/Idina Menzel's character spoke and agreed, but aren't there character evaluations, home visits, etc.? lol
- The singing was great last night. Sue as always was fantastic.

Re: Glee - 06/09/10 02:26 PM

Although their performance of BR was excellent, I didn't think it was a show choir number. It was more like "Jesse and Friends" than VA. Also, the dance lifts got rather annoying. I mean, how often do these kids rehearse??

Oh, and did I mention that I heart Finn?

Re: Glee - 06/09/10 02:40 PM

Oh, and did I mention that I heart Finn?

Might have mentioned it once or twice.

Re: Glee - 06/10/10 12:39 PM

Josh Grobin asking Sue if she was single, even after she called him a horse, is that bit of subtle humor that makes the show great.

Re: Glee - 06/10/10 09:22 PM

Beth!!!!!!!! Where has you been???????

Re: Glee - 06/10/10 11:29 PM

In my own private Idaho.

Re: Glee - 06/11/10 02:41 AM

Oh, you 80s girl, you!

Re: Glee - 07/02/10 01:08 AM

Watched a "Glee" rerun tonight. It was the first episode with April Rhodes. So many great moments.

Btw, the entire first season will be out on video September 14th (just five days before my daughter's birthday. Wonder what she'll be getting?) and is available for pre-order on Amazon.

Re: Glee - 07/02/10 04:37 AM

YES!! On Blu-Ray, too! cool

Re: Glee - 07/03/10 12:27 AM

I don't know if Amazon has the best price, although they generally do. Does anyone else, like Best Buy, have it available?

Re: Glee - 07/08/10 03:53 PM

Glee received 17 Emmy nominations.

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2010/07/08/glee-sweeps-the-2010-emmy-nominations-true-blood-earns-few/

Re: Glee - 07/08/10 04:54 PM

A Minute With: Jane Lynch on her "Glee"-filled year

Re: Glee - 07/08/10 09:39 PM

Although I love NPH and I think his performance of "Dream On" with Matt Morrison was just amazing, I hope that he loses to Mike O'Malley, who plays Burt Hummel. He just nailed that part, and has moved me to tears more than once.

Although I'll be pulling for the show in every category, I'll be quite put out if Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer or Kristen Chenowith don't win.

Re: Glee - 07/09/10 11:12 AM

Jane was also nominated for her guest role on Two and a half men.

The cast joked now they are gonna have diva lik demands. Chris joked, "What's extinct? A panda. I want a panda in my dressing room". Jane says she's coming to work 2or 3 hours late with 17 or 18 gold engraved track suits. haha.
Posted By: ghdfans2010

Re: Glee - 07/12/10 08:37 AM

I agree!He would cry, naturally, that there's a younger man in the picture.

Re: Glee - 07/13/10 10:47 PM

Glee's Amber Riley will sing during tonight's All Star game.

Re: Glee - 07/14/10 01:53 AM

Missed the beginning of the game. How was she??

Re: Glee - 07/14/10 04:11 AM

She was okay. I can't think of the title of the first song she sang, dammit... a Glee song... then later she did the Anthem. Adequately, but not spectacularly, IMHO.

Re: Glee - 07/14/10 01:49 PM

The first song was Christine Aguilera's "Beautiful".

Re: Glee - 07/14/10 02:16 PM

She sang "Beautiful" on the show very well.

Did you ever see the videos of their live performance at the White House? "Don't Stop Believing" is a bit off. Cory Monteith is definitely depending on the old auto-tune for his singing.

Re: Glee - 07/19/10 02:55 PM

Tina and Artie a couple in real life?

Is There a Real-Life Romance for Glee's Jenna Ushkowitz & Kevin McHale?
By Eunice Oh

Are Glee stars Jenna Ushkowitz and Kevin McHale taking their on-screen relationship off-screen?

The actors, who play Tina Cohen-Chang and Artie Abrams on the hit Fox show, are dating, and were spotted getting cozy on the beach in Monaco in June. But Ushkowitz is tight-lipped about her costar – though she doesn't deny the possibility of a real-life romance.

"Rumors are bound to happen," she told PEOPLE at the Pattern for Paws charity event benefiting the Amanda Foundation in Los Angeles. "[The cast is] all so incestuous and close that we figure anything will come out."

Whether or not Ushkowitz, 24, and McHale, 22, start arranging double dates with costar Lea Michele and her Broadway star beau Theo Stockman, there is another guy who's caught her eye. "We just rescued a puggle last year, so my family has one at home in New York," she says about the 1½-year old dog.

"We call him Bullet. He runs across the room and runs and knocks himself, throws himself into the couch and then propels himself off it again," she says. "He's the weirdest dog I've ever met, but we love him."

Re: Glee - 07/19/10 03:29 PM

I think that Jenna and Kevin are simply adorable together. I think they'd be a cute couple,on and off the show.

Re: Glee - 07/26/10 12:30 PM

Glee news from Comic-Con.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b192133_live_from_comic-con_glee_tackles.html

Re: Glee - 07/30/10 07:26 PM

UGH!!!!!!! How long until September???????????
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Glee - 08/04/10 01:02 AM

Paul McCartney Sends 'Glee' Mix Tape

http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/tca-paul-mccartney-sends-glee-mix-tape/
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Glee - 08/04/10 01:42 AM

Geez, I've only seen Glee once or twice, but I'd tune in to hear McCartney songs. smile That's gotta be quite a compliment for the producers of that show.

TIS

Re: Glee - 08/22/10 03:46 PM

Glee has won one Emmy so far. In last night's creative awards NPH won for his special appearance.

Betty White, Neil Patrick Harris Claim Early Emmys
By Stephen M. Silverman

Update Sunday August 22, 2010 10:00 AM EDT
Originally posted Sunday August 22, 2010 05:00 AM EDT

Betty White's Facebook-generated Saturday Night Live hosting gig and Neil Patrick Harris's turns as Tonys host and special guest star on Glee landed both veteran TV stars in the winners' circle at Saturday night's Creative Arts Emmy Awards in Los Angeles.

Though White, 88, was not at the Nokia Theater to collect her prize (her Snickers ad was also up for TV's highest honor), presenters John Lithgow and Clyde Phillips accepted on her behalf.

Meanwhile, Harris, 37, was present and accounted for – and he gave a special shout-out to Los Angeles Times forums moderator Chris "Boomer" Beachum, the newspaper reports. It was Boomer who revealed that the actor was missing from the list of nominees in the category of best special class, as host of the 63rd annual Tony Awards.

Accepting his gold statuette, Harris said, "I just want to thank Boomer from The Envelope, or I wouldn't have gotten this."

Harris, who also thanked his partner and (co-parent-to-be) David Burtka, is up for a best supporting actor in a series, for How I Met Your Mother, at next Sunday's Primetime Emmy Awards.

Saturday's other winners also included Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution (best reality series), previous Emmy-winning Survivor host Jeff Probst (best reality-show host) and Ann-Margret, for her guest -starring role on Law and Order: SVU.

The ad firm Weiden + Kennedy also received a Creative Arts Emmy for its Old Spice commercial, whose star, Isaiah Mustafa, told the Hollywood Reporter before the ceremony, "This is my first awards show, and I get to be nominated alongside Betty White!"

Re: Glee - 09/15/10 02:35 PM

Saw the preview for Season 2 starting next week and in one of the snippets, Rachel was singing against a girl in glasses - a new cast member (an exchange student). Although I think she oversings at times, the new member (Charice Pempengco) is pretty good and a fellow Filipino. A couple of years ago, she was on Oprah and on the Ellen Degeneres show as a "new find". Here's her clip from Ellen:

Re: Glee - 09/15/10 02:58 PM

Jane Lynch is going to be on Ellen today to talk about winning her Emmy and what happens in Season 2. That's a DVR must.

Re: Glee - 09/15/10 08:27 PM

Damn, just saw this. Hope I didn't miss it!

Edit: I missed it. ohwell

Re: Glee - 09/15/10 09:11 PM

Wow, Charice Pempengco has quite a voice! eek

I wonder if Ellen gets any kick-backs for her "discoveries" -- who was that boy she also found?

Re: Glee - 09/16/10 02:08 AM

I knew about it and I STILL missed it! Damn!

Re: Glee - 09/20/10 05:00 PM

Got my Blu-Ray boxed set from Amazon today. Don't think I can watch 16.25 hrs of Season 1 + over 2 hrs of special features before tomorrow night, but I'll at least watch the features. wink

Special Features:
Click to reveal..

All four discs have Glee music jukeboxes. The fourth disc also has:
Glee Sing-Along Karaoke
Staying in Step With Glee
Sue's Corner
Bite Their Style: Dress Like Your Favorite Gleek
The Power of Madonna
Making of a Showstopper
Welcome to McKinley!
Glee Music Video
Full Length Audition Pieces
Fox Movie Channel Presents Casting Session
Deconstructing Glee with Ryan Murphy
Dance Boot Camp
Jane Lynch A to Glee
Meet Jane Lynch
5 Things you don’t know about Jayma
7 Things you don’t know about Cory
6 Things you don’t know about Amber
7 Things you don’t know about Chris
Video Diaries

It's unclear if the 7-DVD set has the same special features, but both say 1045 running minutes, so it probably does.

Re: Glee - 09/20/10 05:06 PM

Minor spoilers, but nothing that ruins anything...

`Glee' is back with angst, songs in sophomore year
Quote:
By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer – 10 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – "Glee" is back for its sophomore year with a new football coach, two new ear- and eye-catching students, and an identity crisis for big man on campus Finn.

There's also something of an identity crisis for Fox TV's hit series as trouble comes fast and furious for the McKinley High glee club and its members in Tuesday's debut episode (8 p.m. EDT). There's barely room for the buoyancy that infused "Glee" last season.

"Let's show them how down we are," says glee club director Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison), challenging his students to stage a number that will persuade others to join the club branded as a way station for losers.

Instead, the hour itself verges on being a downer. Will goes to the dark side with cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester, Rachel's self-absorption becomes ickier and, most unsettling of all, a molestation accusation is played, literally, with a wink.

But there's still joy to be had in the series that was nominated for a best comedy Emmy Award, losing last month to "Modern Family," as the glee clubbers make the most of "Empire State of Mind" and Lea Michele, as Broadway-bound belter Rachel, owns (no surprise) "What I Did for Love."

There's also the introduction of two fresh-faced students with singing chops: an exchange student with a big smile and bigger voice (played by teenage pop star Charice, whose fan club includes Oprah Winfrey); and a golden-boy athlete (Chord Overstreet of "iCarly," with cuteness of Justin Bieber dimensions).

Can they help McKinley's New Directions, which last year fell short at the regional competition, make it to the nationals in the Big Apple and defeat arch rival Vocal Adrenaline? Maybe.

The other McKinley newcomer is a female gridiron coach with a winning record, who quickly proves a formidable rival for Cheerios chief Sue (Emmy-winner Jane Lynch).

Coach Shannon Beiste (pronounced "beast" because "it's French," she helpfully explains) wants the school budget to put football ahead of cheerleading. That won't do for Sue, who enlists Will in a plot to undermine Beiste (an effective Dot Marie Jones).

A "female football coach is like a male nurse: sin against nature," snarls Sue. Coach Beiste doesn't quite have the hang of trash talk, telling Sue, "You're all coffee and no omelet."

Quarterback-singer Finn (Cory Monteith) becomes an inadvertent victim of the faculty clash and has to cope with the fallout while nurturing his reignited romance with Rachel.

Finn's former love, Quinn (Dianna Agron) is back in pre-pregnancy form and ready to reclaim her spot as Cheerios queen bee. Santana (Naya Rivera), meanwhile, is finding that the quest for physical perfection comes at a price.

In its first year, "Glee" neatly combined music, edgy humor and coming-of-age poignancy. As long as pain doesn't eclipse the show's charm, "Glee" viewers will have something to sing about as the season unfolds.
___

Online:
http://www.fox.com

Re: Glee - 09/20/10 07:55 PM

We got my daughter the DVD set for her birthday. We've watched three episodes so far, plus we played around with the jukeboxes (very cool) and watched "Safety Dance", one of our favorite numbers.

Can't wait for the new season. We even went to Macy's and got Glee hoodies to wear tomorrow night. blush

Re: Glee - 09/22/10 04:36 PM

Season 2 is off to a good start I think...
Posted By: Lovecraft

Re: Glee - 09/22/10 04:59 PM

I know that a lot of people really enjoy this show, but I really feel as if it's one of the boringest shows on tv! There's obviously a lot of talent on the show, I just feel as if it's very, very poorly executed! Wouldn't it make more sense and add a whole lot more to the show if the songs they sang had something to do with the plot, like across the universe, instead of the songs taking place in a music room or a gym?

Re: Glee - 09/22/10 06:08 PM

Season 2 is off to a good start I think...

Things I liked:
Mike Chang's abs (who said I wasn't shallow?)
Quinn returning to HBIC
Finn's Cheerios audition (thought I would die laughing)
Becky judging Cheerios auditions
All the songs
Artie wanting to win Tina back

Things I didn't like:
Sue and Shue becoming frenemies
Santana's boob job
Rachel being THAT evil (not believable, IMO)
Finn being kicked off the football team
Sad Stalker Artie watching Tina and Mike dance

Re: Glee - 09/22/10 06:14 PM

What's wrong with Santana's boob job? wink

What about the 2 new cast members? While the guy sounded pretty awful in the shower scene, his later solo was really good. And then there's Charice - just ridiculous! I never thought I'd say this, but she just might have a stronger voice than Rachel's! eek

Originally Posted By: Lovecraft
...if the songs they sang had something to do with the plot, like across the universe, instead of the songs taking place in a music room or a gym?

Well, the music room and gym ARE the plot. And believe it or not, many of the songs themselves are in some way related to the plot as well.

Re: Glee - 09/22/10 06:35 PM

I was sadly underwhelmed by yesterday's show.

Did they have to give Santana a boob job because the actress got one in real life? Otherwise, I see no reason for that story. I did like their bitch-slap scene. It would have been funnier if Kurt got between them and starting slapping them.

Re: Glee - 09/24/10 10:16 PM

Here's a peek at John Stamos's appearance on this Tuesday's episode:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/09/glee-first-look-john-stamos-dr-carl-kisses-emma.html

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 12:13 AM

Brittany S. Pears. haha. Classic.

Who needs Britney Spears. Bring on more John Stamos. Yummy!

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 12:20 AM

Considering how long ago he was on "Full House", Uncle Jessie still looks freaking hot! He was on "Ellen" tonight and looked amazingly good.

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 12:25 AM

Uncle Jessie can spank me anytime.

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 12:28 AM

When Stamos was on "Ellen" today, she made him play a game called "Whose lips are these?". They had actresses he had either dated or acted with, and he had to name them just by looking at their lips. He told Ellen that she was making him out to be "such a whore". BTW, he swore that he had never dated Heather Locklear, they were "just friends". Sure they were....

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 12:34 AM

Rebecca Romijn prefers Jerry O'Connell to Stamos? I think she's dipping in Lindsay Lohan's stash.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 12:35 AM

I always thought Stamos was hot!!!! wink

TIS

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

TIS

I always knew you were a smart cookie! You, me and Beth- the Glee Musketeers?? Except you don't watch it!!!!!!! That means we have to make Geoff our third. lol

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

TIS

I always knew you were a smart cookie! You, me and Beth- the Glee Musketeers?? Except you don't watch it!!!!!!! That means we have to make Geoff our third. lol

JG's offended that he wasn't the automatic 3rd. tongue

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 03:40 PM

DS, are you watching this season?

Here's something that will soothe JG's rumpled spirit:

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 09:33 PM

I saw the first one, which I thought was pretty good. A little disappointed that they made Sunshine Corazon a member of VA - I thought ND could have used an infusion of new voices. Haven't seen last night's episode - will probably see it some time this weekend.

Congrats on your Yanks clinching a playoff spot, SB!

Re: Glee - 09/29/10 11:37 PM

Always nice seeing that picture, thanks. wink

My Gleekfriend and I were really disappointed in last night's episode. I don't think it was the music, because while I don't particularly like Lady Gag-Gag, that episode didn't suck like this one did, IMHO.

Re: Glee - 09/30/10 03:15 AM

DS, thank you! It was good news!

I thought the episode was a good one, except that I hate when Schue acts like a total ass.
Posted By: Lovecraft

Re: Glee - 10/01/10 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Lovecraft
...if the songs they sang had something to do with the plot, like across the universe, instead of the songs taking place in a music room or a gym?

Well, the music room and gym ARE the plot. And believe it or not, many of the songs themselves are in some way related to the plot as well.

Hm, from the episodes I've seen, which have been few and far between, only a small percentage of the songs have to do with actually adding to the plot, they're just tacked on as an audition to something or two people hanging out breaking into song like their cover of "telephone". Again, I hardly eve see the show, so my view could be skewed.

Re: Glee - 10/03/10 03:00 AM

In this week's episode, there's a flashback scene with Burt and Kurt Hummel. I cannot believe the resemblance between Chris Colfer and they boy they chose to play 8 year old Kurt. I can't get the picture to appear in my post, but here's a link to the article, which shows a few pictures.

http://community.livejournal.com/gleeclub/1967112.html

Get your hankies ready. I understand this one's a tearjerker.

Re: Glee - 10/03/10 06:01 AM

WOW, he looks just like him!!

[Getting tissues ready]

Re: Glee - 10/06/10 12:11 AM

Didn't know I would go from laughing my head off to needing a box of tissues in the span of 2 minutes.

Re: Glee - 10/06/10 06:59 AM

I couldn't watch tonight's episode cuz my DVR won't play what it recorded... and I'm pissed!

Re: Glee - 10/06/10 10:59 AM

It should be on fancast or hulu. It's a definite tear jerker.

Re: Glee - 10/06/10 07:27 PM

Glee casts beats Beatles.

http://www.wbaltv.com/entertainment/25302106/detail.html

Re: Glee - 10/06/10 09:10 PM

JG, you have to see it. Chris Colfer continues to amaze me. I will never hear "I Want To Hold Your Hand" again without thinking of his performance.

Re: Glee - 10/06/10 10:10 PM

Whoever thought that song could bring a tear to your eye.

Re: Glee - 10/06/10 10:39 PM

Still can't get over the kid who played Young Kurt. He even did the hair brush thing.

Re: Glee - 10/07/10 06:11 AM

I watched it on fox.com the next day with my Gleekfriend -- we were both sobbing many times. Colfer is amazing. But WTF is up with the lip-syncing for some of them? Either the video was off in spots, or the editor should be fired!

Re: Glee - 10/14/10 03:37 AM

No comments on last night's episode? It was definitely one of my favorites.

The musical numbers were excellent. We actually got to hear Mike Chang! He and Tina are cute together, although I flove Artie. Brittany pushing her meatball with her nose was one of the saddest moments in TV history. Although I wish I could have been spared some of the Santana and Mercedes choreography, their duet was AMAZING!

I loved the Kurt and Rachel duet at the end. It was a real tribute to have Rachel dressed in the sailor suit, just like in the original. And damn brave of Lea and Chris to take on such legends.

Re: Glee - 10/27/10 01:52 PM

Where are my fellow Gleeks?? frown

LOVED the Rocky Horror episode last night, although Schue is really pissing me off lately. Will he never grow up? When Sue has to teach you how to behave with your students....That's all I'm saying.

I wanted to throw toast at the TV, but in a good way. Loved the cameos by Meatloaf and Barry Bostwick. Loved John Stamos' musical number, loved ALL the musical numbers. While I embrace the fact that they refuse to pigeon-hole Amber Riley because of her weight, the girl could have worn some tights or control top hose or Spanx with that costume.

Re: Glee - 10/27/10 02:07 PM

I haven't watched it. Don't know if it was on last week cause I thought that was the Rocky Horror show, but apparently it was yesterday. Just not gleeful I guess. I'll watch them on line one of these days.

Re: Glee - 10/27/10 06:42 PM

Haven't gotten a chance to see it either. While I still like the show, I don't know - perhaps its the hype machine affecting me - but for some reason, I feel that the story lines aren't as compelling this season.

Re: Glee - 10/28/10 05:18 AM

I watched it, but need to see it again after watching TRHPS again via Netflix. No new episode next week, so that's the plan.

Re: Glee - 10/28/10 11:40 AM

I brought TRHPS dvd about 5 or 6 years ago and have never even unwrapped the cellophane yet.

Re: Glee - 10/29/10 01:23 AM

I haven't seen TRHPS in at least 20 years. My daughter went to theater camp this summer and performed in "The Time Warp". I think they're bringing it back to Broadway, hence the resurgence.

The only thing I don't like about "Glee" this season is what they're doing with Mr. Schuester. He's behaving like a total ass, certainly not the kind of teacher that would deserve that "To Sir With Love" tribute. I would like to give him a slap a la Cher and tell him to snap out of it!

Re: Glee - 11/08/10 04:05 PM

Wonder if Puck will be in this week's episode. What's the deal with that? Is the actor in some kind of grievance with the show?

Re: Glee - 11/08/10 04:09 PM

He's supposed to be back. The rumor is that the actor released a solo album and is being punished. The show says that's nonsense, but why else?? Since Puck is that bad boy we hate to love, I hope that he will be back this week.

Re: Glee - 11/09/10 08:16 PM

Okay, so who's buying Karaoke Revolution Glee for Wii? whistle

Re: Glee - 11/10/10 04:37 PM

I want this so badly for Christmas. I was surprised when my daughter said that she didn't. She said that she feels that the cast is just cashing in, going commercial. Freaking hippie! lol

The game got good reviews in the Sunday magazine of our paper, FWIW.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Glee - 11/10/10 04:40 PM

I want this so badly for Christmas. I was surprised when my daughter said that she didn't. She said that she feels that the cast is just cashing in, going commercial. Freaking hippie! lol

You better have her take that political spectrum quiz, Babe. I think she may be a commie whistle lol.

Re: Glee - 11/11/10 07:22 AM

Okay, so I bought it the day it came out -- Glee Tuesday -- and my Gleek friend Meredith and I put it thru its paces. I thought it'd be a great drunken game, and it is lol. Kinda frustrating, tho, getting scores in the 60's thru 90's and thinking you're perfect! lol

Thankfully, you don't have to match the exact pitch -- an octave lower is just fine. wink

Re: Glee - 11/11/10 05:14 PM

I wasn't really too thrilled with this week's episode. Except for the return of Puck, whom I think they made more angry than normal. The commericals had Schue getting mad at the new kid saying, "Of course it's personal", and you are to believe it was about Kurt's bullying, only to be about Beast. At the end Kurt was still being bullied. I just got no satisfaction out of the whole episode.

Re: Glee - 11/12/10 03:29 AM

Thanks for sharing, Geoff. It does look like fun.

Beth, I found it to be very true to what goes on in schools today. My daughter's boyfriend's brother is gay. Not only was the gay kid bullied in school, but they bullied his brother, too, just for being a gay guy's brother. My younger daughter and her best friend were bullied. Even after meeting with the vice-principal, it didn't stop. At least it didn't go all "very touching after school special".

Re: Glee - 11/17/10 03:47 PM

Gwyneth looked HOT. Loved the musical numbers, especially Mike Chang and Mr. Schue doing "Make 'Em Laugh". Amazing tribute to the original.

Everyone is hating Rachel this season, but I'm not liking Kurt at all. He's mean and thoughtless and selfish. Why the hell would a girl as strong-minded as Mercedes even WANT to hang out with him???

Re: Glee - 11/18/10 09:03 PM

"Glee" to do "Thriller" in post Super Bowl special

Re: Glee - 11/24/10 03:30 AM

THIS was the "Glee" I fell in love with last season. That episode was filled with fun numbers, Sue made me laugh and go "Awww..." and the scenes from the wedding made me cry. Excellent!

Re: Glee - 11/24/10 08:02 AM

...but the "wedding march" number was AWFUL!!

Otherwise, you're right...

Re: Glee - 11/24/10 10:03 PM

It was merely "meh", but I wouldn't consider it awful. And any dislike I may have had for it was more than balanced out by the Burt and Carol's vows.

Re: Glee - 12/01/10 04:55 AM

The musical numbers were fantastic. I didn't love all the drama, but thought the scenes between Brittany and Artie. And her dancing with Mike Chang?? Amazing!!

No more Finnchel? No more Willma?? WTF??????? Santana was a total bitch, but her singing made up for it.

Re: Glee - 12/01/10 08:19 AM

Good episode indeed. Wasn't shocked they tied in sectionals -- how else could they later compete in regionals or nationals? I see Kurt coming back before season's end. (And whatever happened to the Asian girl??). Love Mike's dancing, but I have a feeling that wasn't really Brittany dancing with him during most of it, but it doesn't matter. Plenty of drama, but that's what drives it -- should be interesting in the coming weeks!

Re: Glee - 12/01/10 01:15 PM

Heather Morris actually is a professional dancer. She was on tour with Beyonce and hired to teach Chris Colfer the Single Ladies dance. When they decided to add another Cheerio, Ryan Murphy said, "Hey! How about that blond dancer?", and that's how she landed the part of Brittany. I would be surprised if they had to find someone else to do her dancing.

(hides in shame at total and complete gleekness)

Re: Glee - 12/03/10 03:12 PM

This makes sense, but can you imagine having to get used to all new students. What would they do, fail the whole chorus if the show runs 4 years?

http://www.tv.com/the-glee-cast-will-change/webnews/218726.html

Re: Glee - 12/05/10 06:25 AM

Hey it worked for DOCTOR WHO. First incarnation ran 26 years, the revival 5 years and running storng.

Re: Glee - 12/08/10 03:12 PM

Still haven't finished wiping my eyes. When they first walked into the room, I thought that Sue had put the tree back together, but when I saw Artie standing, I just started crying. Oh, this was the best episode EVER.

Re: Glee - 02/07/11 07:29 PM

No Glee love???

Re: Glee - 02/07/11 07:30 PM

Still got it. Didn't get to watch last night's episode. Hopefully I'll be able to catch it on the web soon.

Re: Glee - 02/07/11 07:34 PM

It was a mix of good singing and a thin plot. I will tell you this, Coach Beiste is emerging as one of my favorite characters. It was nice that there were no guest stars to distract from the main characters. And Sue was so evil, she even made me cringe.

Re: Glee - 03/14/11 03:50 AM

Not a comment in over a month??? eek

Gwyneth Paltrow was pretty "sexy" in last week's episode wink

I feel bad for Kurt. And I wanna slap Britney really hard.

Re: Glee - 03/15/11 12:07 PM

Slap Brit?? Really? It's Kurt I want to slap! It's been so much about him it's ridiculous.

As for Gwyneth, yes, I like Holly Holiday, and it looks interesting for her and Will, but must she sing every song? Please stop.

I'm glad to have Diva Rachel back. I prefer her single and longing for Finn. As for Finn, can they boil his character down and make him a tad more one-dimensional?? UGH. He wouldn't forgive Rachel for kissing Puck, although she apologized a zillion times, but he'll forgive Quinn for having sex with Puck and then trying to pass Puck's baby off as his??? HUH?? And why do we never see Kurt, Finn, Carol and Burt together? Do they not live in the same house?

In the meantime, I love Coach Beiste more than any other character on this show.
Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: Glee - 03/15/11 12:53 PM

Ugh Glee...where are The Sopranos when you really need them.

Re: Glee - 03/18/11 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

I miss their hitmen.

Re: Glee - 03/19/11 02:36 AM

Not that I watch the show, but GLEE fans will like this news I guess. Deadline reported that Paltrow will return next season, and an episode will also orient around the Fleetwood Mac album RUMOURS.

~Unexpected choice, but it makes sense.

Re: Glee - 05/04/11 03:17 AM

Very happy to have my Glee back - the touching, the outrageous, the silly, and, most of all, the great musical performances.

Re: Glee - 05/04/11 03:21 AM

I've never watched Glee. What is all this uproar about over it. Even Glenn Beck is ranting about it. What gives?

Re: Glee - 05/04/11 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
I've never watched Glee. What is all this uproar about over it. Even Glenn Beck is ranting about it. What gives?

If you have ask... then it doesn't take any effort to search it out. It's online... on DVR... on Demand, probably... No need to make a big stink about not having seen it. tongue

Re: Glee - 05/04/11 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

I miss their hitmen.

If it was possible, I'd get Ralphie Cifaretto to whack these cocksuckers with a tire iron.

Re: Glee - 05/04/11 06:22 PM

Vinny, you're certainly entitled to dislike the show, but if you don't like, don't watch it, why are you here in this thread? Simply to speak badly about it? You could just stay quiet, you know.

Oli, If you like musicals, watch it. If you don't, then don't bother. It's a fun show with witty writing, and they've tackled some important issues like bullying and gay rights.

Re: Glee - 05/04/11 08:31 PM

Vinny, you're certainly entitled to dislike the show, but if you don't like, don't watch it, why are you here in this thread? Simply to speak badly about it? You could just stay quiet, you know.

Oli, If you like musicals, watch it. If you don't, then don't bother. It's a fun show with witty writing, and they've tackled some important issues like bullying and gay rights.

Sometimes when I don't like something I feel the need to express it openly. I know there's a bunch of things you don't like and you're certainly not afraid to express that. Thankfully we all have the freedom to express our likes and dislikes. If my comment offended you in some way, then I'll apologize for that. Anyway, I'm not about to start some crazy rant about Glee, but I'm a guy and musicals are just not my cup of tea. However, I am happy to hear they're fighting for gay rights and campaigning against bullying. I did not know that and hearing that is enough for me to support the show. I probably won't watch it, but I'll support any show that is conveying a positive message.

Re: Glee - 05/04/11 09:49 PM

Do you know what Beck's complaint about it was all about?

Re: Glee - 05/05/11 05:28 PM

Maybe because one of the main characters is openly gay? Who knows, Oli??

Vinny, as I said, go right ahead and bitch if you want. I was merely curious why you would make two such comments when you don't like the show.

I believe that the show does often convey a positive message. They have a character that's openly gay, as well as two that are struggling with their sexuality. They have a character that's a paraplegic, they've dealt with teen pregnancy, alcohol, and being losers in high school, and all that implies.

Plus, they kick ass musically.

Re: Glee - 05/05/11 07:18 PM

Back on topic, I know this will maybe piss off TIS but...I actually might think the Glee cover of "Silly Love Songs" is better than the original?

Do-wop background chrous as the beats, replacing that dated late 1970s overproduced mechanical background sound, and fully revealing those wonderful Macca lyrics, defiance in the defense of bubblegum pop.

Youd think that people would have had enought of silly love songs.
But I look around me and I see it isn't so.
Some people wanna fill the world with silly love songs.
And what's wrong with that?

Re: Glee - 05/06/11 02:03 PM

Glee bump.

Quote:
One notable re-entry next week [Billboard Pop Album Chart] might be Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" album, which is profiting from the power of Fox's "Glee." The TV series dedicated its entire May 3 episode to the 1977 album -- which spent 31 weeks atop the chart. Six of the set's 11 songs were performed by the cast, while another was heard in its original form as background music.

Re: Glee - 05/10/11 06:22 AM

"Glee" pays tribute to viral hit "Friday"
Quote:
– Mon May 9, 8:22 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – "Glee" has tipped its hat to Broadway, Lady Gaga and classic rock, so why would the Fox hit -- whose goal is to stress the importance of music education and appreciation -- cover Rebecca Black's much maligned "Friday"?

"There's a rule for it that's explained in the show," "Glee" co-creator Ryan Murphy told The Hollywood Reporter. "The (glee club) is hired to perform songs for the prom and they were told by the principal to please do popular songs that the kids know."

Black's heavily autotuned song became an Internet sensation for all the wrong reasons and landed its 13-year-old singer death threats. The YouTube clip has garnered more than 133 million views.*

Murphy noted that Glee's "Friday" cover -- performed by Puck (Mark Salling), Artie (Kevin McHale) and Sam (Chord Overstreet) -- offers a different take since it's sung by males.

"It's songs that supposedly 17-year-olds are performing for other 17-year-olds," he noted. "I think younger kids have a definite reaction to that song."

He added, "The show pays tribute to pop culture and, love it or hate it, that song is pop culture."

"Glee's" prom episode airs Tuesday on Fox.

Yeah, this is pretty sucky...

*As of right now: 372,283 likes, and 2,681,619 dislikes eek

Re: Glee - 05/10/11 08:02 PM

Looking forward to the prom episode tonight, which includes the return of Rachel's ex, Jessie.
Posted By: SC

Re: Glee - 05/10/11 08:07 PM

I don't follow the show but I heard that Patti Lupone will be in the season finale.

Re: Glee - 05/10/11 08:15 PM

LOVE her! That would be fantastic!

Re: Glee - 05/11/11 02:27 PM

I can't stand Jesse St. James. He's just an arrogant ass, and I hate that Rachel can't see past that, although she's 17 and I guess that's normal. His "apology" to Rachel was hilarious, though.

With the exception of "Dancing Queen", I didn't love any of the musical numbers last night. I think that Santana and Mercedes should do more duets - they're very good together. The "Friday" performance was actually pretty funny, and I love to see Puck perform.

After complaining a few posts back that they never show Finn and Kurt at home, they finally showed Finn and Kurt at home! And I loved the scene between Dave and Kurt. From hating Karofsky to feeling his pain, good performance by the actor.

And nobody in the history of proms looked more adorable in a bouffant prom dress than Brittany.

Re: Glee - 05/18/11 03:27 AM

Just give Jayne Lynch the Emmy now. Nobody else need apply.

Re: Glee - 05/18/11 03:42 AM

You know I'm surprised GLEE hasn't covered the Beach Boys yet.

Their harmonies surely are among the most friendly for GLEE. I can totally picture them doing "God Only Knows."

Re: Glee - 05/18/11 05:52 AM

Just give Jayne Lynch the Emmy now. Nobody else need apply.

It was really hard to feel sorry for her, but not that hard. Bravo!
Posted By: FastDebrid

Re: Glee - 05/24/11 08:21 AM

..Deleted spam - SC

Re: Glee - 05/25/11 03:07 AM

Loved Rachel and Kurt's duet. They are incredible together. I don't love the original songs and would rather see New Directions do a cover. And what happened to Vocal Adrenaline? What was that weak-ass shit? And that beat New Directions?? Really?

SC, you were right. Patti Lupone was in this episode, but didn't sing. She had a cameo filmed in Sardi's.

Re: Glee - 05/25/11 05:59 AM

Thought Rachel and Kurt were GREAT together! Their voices melded perfectly (be it in post or real life, doesn't matter).

Original songs sucked (I think some of them were on purpose ("Cups" obviously); gimme more 80s songs that hooked me in!

Not winning nationals (or even placing) was a shock, but a GOOD (non-cheesy) thing.

As for Vocal Adrenaline -- how did they make Nationals when they didn't win Regionals? Hmmm.

Nice to see NYC in all its glory, tho.

Re: Glee - 07/16/11 08:25 PM

With Kurt, Rachel and Finn all being gone after next year how watchable will Glee be?

Re: Glee - 07/17/11 06:24 AM

Haven't been watching The Glee Project?? Winner gets a 7-episode appearance. I think it might turn into more than that, and, I think more than 1 person will get appearances...

Re: Glee - 07/18/11 02:32 AM

With Kurt, Rachel and Finn all being gone after next year how watchable will Glee be?

I've heard rumors of a spin-off with Rachel, Finn, Kurt and Blaine in NYC. I don't know how true the rumor is.

I can't imagine Glee without Finn's fabulous choreography, though. lol

Re: Glee - 08/14/11 02:52 PM

Saw Glee 3D last night and quite enjoyed it. The 3D wasn't necessary and a bit distracting (yet not too over done for the sake of it). The fun concert was intermingled with a mix of funny behind the scenes footage, and some (for lack of a better word) fan-life documentary footage -- much of which was very moving. If you're a fan (or even not), go see it!

Re: Glee - 08/14/11 05:18 PM

JG, my daughter went to see the midnight premier, and they loved it. I was quite jealous, but her friends didn't include me. She said the theater was pretty empty. How were the crowds when you saw it?

Re: Glee - 08/16/11 07:45 AM

She said the theater was pretty empty. How were the crowds when you saw it?

Unfortunately quite empty as well here (that's why I wanted to see it right away; and you should, too -- parts were heart-breaking, and other parts funny) -- but those who were there, were passionate about it!

Re: Glee - 09/21/11 02:10 AM

Glee's second season, while it had some good episodes, didn't quite sustain the originality and energy of the first. IF tonight's season opener was any indication of the third season, it's going to be GREAT!!! I loved every single musical number, loved the resurrection of the war between Sue and Will, loved it ALL.

Re: Glee - 09/21/11 08:18 AM

As I said on FB... "Back to the basics... nice! ...Will miss the missing cast ohwell but look forward to the Glee Project winners! (The "pro" girl tonight was a 1-show winner)"

Re: Glee - 10/05/11 09:13 PM

Mike Chang! You make my heart sang!

Re: Glee - 10/06/11 05:41 AM

Mercedes is getting too big for her britches -- plenty of drama coming up!

Re: Glee - 10/06/11 04:31 PM

Mercedes is getting too big for her britches -- plenty of drama coming up!

I'm glad they're giving Amber Riley and the rest of the cast something to do, but if I could have slapped Mercedes, I would have.

Re: Glee - 05/23/12 03:29 PM

Where have my fellow Gleeks been this season?? Although the season was unevenly written (episodes were either great or awful with very little middle ground), the season finished wonderfully. I will miss the original cast, but I am intrigued with what they will do with the show next season.

Edit: And Burt Hummel performing "The Single Ladies" dance is just one more reason to vote him Best Dad Ever!

Re: Glee - 05/23/12 06:54 PM

I agree with all that... and while I thought most of the cast was leaving, apparently we'll be seeing half of then again anyway. And starting June 5th, we can see who'll be added to the cast via The Glee Project...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET