Home

2010 American Idol

Posted By: Sicilian Babe

2010 American Idol - 01/13/10 01:34 AM

Just felt compelled to start the new thread. I'm looking forward to seeing Ellen, but she's not on yet. They have Posh Spice guest judging instead. The guest judges look interesting. I can't wait to see Kristin Chenoweth.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/13/10 01:37 AM

I hear Simon will not be back next year. I don't watch the show, but the couple times I tuned in, I'm not crazy about it OR him. He's one rude SOB. rolleyes I would think a new host would be a plus.

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/13/10 01:44 AM

Actually, I really like Simon. Quite often, he simply says what everyone is thinking. Yes, he can be rude, but at least he's honest.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/13/10 02:23 AM

I don't have a problem with Simon. They just showed someone telling Simon to shutup. Now is Ellen a Hollywood judge or just for the auditions?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/13/10 07:20 PM

I didn't particularly like some of the people they let through last night, but it's only Day 1.

I can't see AI being any good without Simon. I wonder if this'll be the last season??

Mig, I don't think Ellen joined until after the auditions. She's replacing Paula, so she'll be along after the auditions.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/14/10 02:36 AM

That 62 year old man was so cute tonight. "Pants On The Ground"
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/14/10 03:11 PM

Listen to me American Pop Idol lovers. Remember you heard it from me my friends.

Cowell is doing one more season of Pop Idol before launching his US version of the X Factor. This happened in the UK and now X Factor is the biggest thing on our screens. It will happen to you also,but don't be scared cos the 2 shows are nearly exactly the same. The only difference being is that the X Factor belongs solely to Cowell hence more money rolleyes

Get ready for the X Factor folks smile
Posted By: klydon1

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/14/10 05:26 PM

Thanks, Yogi.

I'm one of the few people over here, who doesn't watch the show regularly. But from what little I've seen from each year, Simon is the most entertaining part of the show. I imagine that Ellen will be funny in her own way, but Simon is pretty much the heartbeat.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/14/10 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Listen to me American Pop Idol lovers. Remember you heard it from me my friends.

Cowell is doing one more season of Pop Idol before launching his US version of the X Factor. This happened in the UK and now X Factor is the biggest thing on our screens. It will happen to you also,but don't be scared cos the 2 shows are nearly exactly the same. The only difference being is that the X Factor belongs solely to Cowell hence more money rolleyes

Get ready for the X Factor folks smile

another british showing crossing over seas...not shocking at all
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/15/10 02:58 PM

Well we get all your shows over here BAM so its not so surprising.

Especially when Mr. Cowell is involved. He is taking over the world tongue
Posted By: klydon1

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/15/10 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Especially when Mr. Cowell is involved. He is taking over the world tongue

May not be a bad thing. grin
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/15/10 05:27 PM

When Ellen D arrives I will be curious to see how Simon interacts. In the past he has made gay inferences to Ryan. The dynamic has now changed. Will Ellen come to the rescue? or be insulted? or ?
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/16/10 09:18 AM

Simon was much cooler in absence of Paula. I imagine the cool Simon is here to stay as Ellen is quite sensible as well. No more stupid conflicts.

There would be no show without Simon. He is the reason I sit through this program. frown

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/17/10 04:01 AM

Well, Ellen has yet to appear; and, Simon hasn't signed for next year. Sadly, I think this is it for AI. ohwell
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/17/10 04:04 PM

Mary J Blige was a travesty. Everyone else should be shot. It's a circus.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/17/10 05:38 PM

That is one thing you and I agree on Mick, that Mary J Blige was a travesty.

Wow!! Has hell froze over?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/17/10 06:22 PM

You can shoot her, Mig! smile

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/17/10 07:12 PM

Blige indeed sucked. At least Posh looked like she was trying. And laughing in the contestants' faces should stop. It just seems mean. I know you could say that they're asking for it, but still.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/17/10 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
You can shoot her, Mig! smile

smile

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/17/10 08:04 PM

is there a hit going on here? lol

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/18/10 12:22 PM

The best thing to hit Idol in years - General Larry Platt
"Pants on the Ground,
Pants on the Ground,
Lookin' like a fool
with your pants on the ground"

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/18/10 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Blige indeed sucked. At least Posh looked like she was trying. And laughing in the contestants' faces should stop. It just seems mean. I know you could say that they're asking for it, but still.
Oh yeah. Maybe they are, but they don't deserve to be laughed at. Somebody should just say "Stop", and then say, "Look, you're not what we're looking for, sorry, thanks, goodbye."

But that wouldn't make 'good television', so what we get is a condescending self-righteous freak show, the grandest in-joke of all. It's pathetic and actually makes my blood boil.

I'm rooting for Sibo_ski!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/19/10 06:16 PM

I heard on the radio this morning that Shania Twain is a judge tonight.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/20/10 04:18 AM

I thought she did a good job. Much better than Mary J. I can't believe that someone actually sung Tiptoe Through The Tulips.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/22/10 02:32 AM

The Wednesday night show had me ballin'. The autistic son, the girl with the nerve damage in her face and the guy who spent 4 years in jail. They were all talented and nice folks.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/22/10 04:15 AM

The bank robber was the best of the night I think. And I enjoyed the beat-boxer. The freakin' Jersey girls were too annoying, and not good enough singers, but they got thru anyway. ohwell Seems like a lot of mediocre "talent" has been getting thru this year. I haven't been too overwhelmed for the most part so far....

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/22/10 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

The bank robber was the best of the night I think. And I enjoyed the beat-boxer. The freakin' Jersey girls were too annoying, and not good enough singers, but they got thru anyway. ohwell Seems like a lot of mediocre "talent" has been getting thru this year. I haven't been too overwhelmed for the most part so far....

what about the guy who split his pants?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/22/10 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
what about the guy who split his pants?

Please. Total joke. He wasn't any good -- and ONLY got in cuz of that. He won't make it past the first day.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/22/10 01:14 PM

I was hoping for a bit more of a show with that wardrobe malfunction, but no. Simon had to tell him not to move.

LOVED Kristin Chenowith and wish she could have stayed for the whole show. She was a delight, if only for the fact that she seemed to bug the shit out of Simon.

MC - sad stories give you that loving feeling? You sick dog, you!
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
The Wednesday night show had me ballin'. The autistic son, the girl with the nerve damage in her face and the guy who spent 4 years in jail. They were all talented and nice folks.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/22/10 01:20 PM

All you reality TV enthusiasts gotta check out Rock of Love on VH1. I been watching late-night re-runs; I've vomited many times.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/22/10 05:21 PM

I was hoping for a bit more of a show with that wardrobe malfunction, but no. Simon had to tell him not to move.

LOVED Kristin Chenowith and wish she could have stayed for the whole show. She was a delight, if only for the fact that she seemed to bug the shit out of Simon.

MC - sad stories give you that loving feeling? You sick dog, you!

lol blush...i MEAN Bawlin'

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/22/10 05:42 PM

I couldn't help squeezing your shoes...

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/23/10 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
All you reality TV enthusiasts gotta check out Rock of Love on VH1. I been watching late-night re-runs; I've vomited many times.

Sad to say I watched that show.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/23/10 05:14 AM

What's the premise?
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/23/10 03:33 PM

Sadly, I think this is it for AI. ohwell

One can only hope
Posted By: Mark

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/25/10 01:27 AM

That pretty brunette girl on American Idol with the nerve damage to her face melts my heart. She is so sweet and I am glad to see her going to Hollywood.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/25/10 06:50 PM

As you all probably know I am not an AI viewer. However, one of my co-workers e-mailed today to let me know that her son will be on American Idol tonight. His name is Andrew Garcia. I probably will tune in just to see him. I have no idea if he's good or not. I've only met her son a couple times. Anyway, we'll see. smile

TIS

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/01/21/american-idol-andrew-garcia/

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/25/10 07:11 PM

TIS - According to the spoilers on www.televisionwithoutpity.com,

Click to reveal..
Andrew Garcia is definitely in the Top 24. That means that he not only makes it to Hollywood, but then is picked by the judges as one of the best 12 guys from that round. After that, it's up to the viewers

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/25/10 07:15 PM

Thanks for the info SB. I knew he played in a band but that's about it. I remember he came to the school a few times, and seemed nice enough, but this surprises me. What time is it on anyway? You guys see it before I do, somebody post if he's on the beginning, middle or end, because to be honest, I don't want to see the entire show, but I do want to see him. ohwell

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/25/10 07:20 PM

It's usually on from 8-9 pm, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/25/10 10:26 PM

I enjoy watching the AI. Sometimes the auditions gets on my nerves. I'll keep a lookout for your friends Son TIS. It'll be fun to see how he progresses.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/25/10 11:34 PM

What's the premise?
Rock With Love features Bret Michaels (of the band Poison) narrowing down from a number of women his chosen Girlfriend-For-Life. There have been three seasons so far (I've only caught re-runs of the first); of course, for the whole thing to work, in between each season Michaels has to break up with the previous season's winning contestant.

The "hand on the heart" self-seriousness of it is cripplingly hilarious.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/26/10 12:09 AM

Just like the shows I Love New York & Flavor of Love.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/27/10 01:44 AM

TIS, your colleague's son was just on. He has a fabulous voice. They showed several members of his family, too, including his little one. What a cutie!

I would suggest tuning in at the halfway mark to see his entire segment.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/27/10 01:51 AM

TIS, your colleague's son was just on. He has a fabulous voice. They showed several members of his family, too, including his little one. What a cutie!

is it the one with his family getting away from the gangs?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/27/10 01:57 AM

I sort of wasn't paying that much attention to his back-story until they said his name and I realized it was the guy that TIS knew.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/27/10 02:29 AM

Thanks SB. She has two sons and I wasn't sure which one was which. Now that you mentioned a the baby I know which one you mean. I remember her saying he was in a band. He was always quiet when he came in the office. Didn't talk much.

You talk gangs, and yea, my co-worker says she was in an L.A. Gang when she was younger and I'm not surprised at that comment. I wonder if his mother is there? I don't even know where it's filmed. Is it L.A.? confused

I'll tune in about midway.

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/27/10 03:24 AM

I seen a little of his story. I was talking to Bec to see how they were doing so I had to turn the volume down.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/27/10 04:36 AM

OMG! Are you freekin' kidding me? Most of these people are awful!! eek I can't believe they actually think they have talent.

Still haven't seen Andrew, but think he may be next.

TIS

Edit: Hey They are showing my co-worker and husband on tv. eek

2nd Edit: I agree with Simon, he's the first one that is genuinely a good singer.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 01/27/10 06:30 AM

TIS, he's one of the best so far shown this season -- best of luck to him!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/11/10 01:20 AM

I hope you guys are going to watch Wednesday's show?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/11/10 04:58 AM

I seen Tuesday's show but not tonights. I was coming home from my in-laws.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/11/10 06:47 AM

TIS's coworker's son is probably one of the best this season. Not too many others stand out, but that's probably because they keep skipping over most of the performances while rehashing shit we've already seen 4 times! WTF???? ohwell

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/11/10 04:36 PM

It's the drama of Hollywood week! And group sing! rolleyes

Andrew Garcia is very, very good. However, I also liked the girl who sang on Tuesday. I have NO clue what her name is. She's a single mom and they showed her getting her son's name tattooed on her back (always a wise decision).

The guy who robbed a bank when he was 15 had a beautiful voice at his audition. He totally blew it last night, though, forgot the words and sang off key. It was sad.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/11/10 04:40 PM

Did they pick the top 24 last night?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/11/10 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Did they pick the top 24 last night?

no thats next week...also too they bring people back from cuts just to give them one more shot right?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/12/10 04:40 AM

Thanks for being nice enough to answer Bam.
Posted By: olivant

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/14/10 05:32 AM

And Ellen DeGeneres thought Simon Cowell was mean!

Howard Stern let loose on the new “Idol” judge in an expletive-laced bit during his radio show.

After commenting on DeGeneres’ deal as a spokesperson with Covergirl cosmetics (“Ellen DeGeneres looks like somebody punched her in the face,” he said. “She gets on that Covergirl and you’d think she’s Heidi Klum”), the shock jock dived into rumors he’s up to take Cowell’s spot.

“[DeGeneres is] going to ruin ‘American Idol,’ ” Stern said. “Everyone goes, if Howard Stern takes over ‘American Idol,’ Ellen DeGeneres might leave. Well yeah, that's the whole (expletive) idea. I’m not going to sit there with her – that dummy.”

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/14/10 06:32 AM

Fock Howard.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/14/10 05:16 PM

Brilliantly said, JG.

Ellen is an unknown on Idol at this point. Maybe she will suck as a judge, or maybe not. But, please, Howard, look in the mirror before you make fun on someone else's looks. Ellen's a goo looking woman, especially for being 50 (although I do think her new 'do is a bit butch).

Edit: maybe he's just jealous because she scored with both Portia and Anne Heche!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/15/10 05:32 AM

Fock Howard.
Brilliantly said, JG.

Hey, I call it like I see it. wink

And I'll repeat over and over again, "Fock Howard!" after how that scumbag treated O&A. But even before that, he's been a shell of his old self from 20 years ago, so... washed up and worthless. And certainly not an opinion that means anything any more to anyone with more than 2 brain cells.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/17/10 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
That pretty brunette girl on American Idol with the nerve damage to her face melts my heart. She is so sweet and I am glad to see her going to Hollywood.

I thought she was wonderful, Mark. What a lovely voice! Unfortunately, she didn't get through last night. She made it to the final 46, but then the judges voted her off. As she was walking out, even Simon said that they had made the wrong decision.

They picked seven of the Final 24 last night. Michael "Big Mike" Lynche, whose wife gave birth to their first child during one of last week's episodes, was the first contestant to get voted through.
Click to reveal..
However, there are rumors that he's been disqualified. Supposedly, his father confirmed to a reporter that his son was in the Final 24 back in January, and that violates the show's confidentiality agreements. He has supposedly been replaced by someone else who was previously voted off. American Idol will not confirm or deny.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/17/10 01:55 PM

I didn't watch Idol last night, I watched figure skating instead.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/18/10 12:29 AM

cry I missed it last night, I had to work. ohwell
Thanks for the update, SB - even if it is sad news panic

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/18/10 01:09 AM

It comes on at 9pm tonight Mark.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/18/10 06:25 AM

Hopefully it'll start picking up next week when it's live w/ the Top 24 ... cuz so far I haven't been all that impressed. They really sped thru the beginning so fast; I have no idea who the hell is who. ohwell

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/18/10 11:50 AM

I know a few of the contestants, but not many. I think there are plenty of the Top 24 that we've never heard. They spent too much time on the stupid "I'm adopted, I got out of jail, I had cancer, my mom has cancer..." stories. And then those contestants would get voted off! Why do I need to invest all this time in learning about them if we're never seeing them again? I know they don't want to spent too much time on those contestants that get through so we don't guess who they are, but c'mon!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/21/10 05:56 PM

These people are more concerned about their $50 investment than to wish this guy well on Idol??

Parents angry at 'American Idol' contestant

Quote:

By TRAVIS LOLLER, Associated Press Writer – Sat Feb 20, 7:36 am ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The success of an "American Idol" contestant is causing a stir among parents who are complaining they never got refunds for performance fees in a failed musical production Todrick Hall wrote and directed.

Hall, who on Tuesday made it into the top 24 on "American Idol," wrote "Oz, The Musical," which he billed on its Facebook page as "a contemporary twist on the classic story, with all new music."

He had been putting on small productions of the show since he was 17, using local, nonprofessional actors for the lead roles and casting local children as munchkins and flying monkeys.

"They were fabulous, just wonderful productions, and the kids just really loved them," said Dallas businessman Greg Money, who had three daughters in the shows.

Then in August 2008, Money agreed to finance a production of "Oz" in Lubbock, Texas, that used a professional cast for the lead roles. That led to a small tour of Texas cities in early 2009 Money says was a "financial disaster."

Reached by phone Friday, Hall said "American Idol" rules do not allow him to participate in any media interviews, however, he did generally confirm Money's account of events. Hall is scheduled to perform Wednesday on "Idol" with the top 12 male semifinalists.

Plans moved ahead to take the show on a national tour and Money said he tried to line up new backers. Several commitments fell through, however, and the show ended abruptly.

Meanwhile, in several cities, auditions had already been held and children were looking forward to performing on stage in a real musical. Many parents had paid a $50 performance fee that was never returned.

In Lakeland, Fla., Jennifer Davis, who owns the Art in Motion Academy of Dance, said she was not even informed the show had been canceled. She found out when she opened the studio for a planned rehearsal and no one from "Oz" showed up.

"I don't believe (Hall) came to my studio knowing that the musical was going to go down and they would steal everyone's money, but it happened," she said.

"He could have at least called — explained what was going on."

That complaint was echoed by Rhonda McKissock, of Nolensville, Tenn., outside of Nashville, who paid $100 for her two daughters to participate.

"The sad part is, he's such a charismatic person, very talented," she said. "I would love to see him do well. But it's hard to say, 'Hey, great job!' when he's not doing what he promised to these kids."

Money said he was responsible for the finances of the production, not Hall. He said Hall tried to make amends to the disappointed children by putting together a smaller, less expensive show, but even that lost money.

Ron and Debbie Kennedy, owners of the Tutterow Dancers studio in St. Petersburg, Fla., said most of their students participated in the substitute production, "Nights on Broadway," and had a great time, but a few people chose not to participate and were disappointed about not getting a refund.

In the end, Money said, he couldn't afford to keep bankrolling the production and no one else stepped up to take his place.

"People don't understand, there's no devious plan to take these people's $50 and not deliver a show," he said. "I simply cannot afford to put any more money into that production."

Diana Messner, of Pittsburgh, paid $100 to have two children participate in a production that was supposed to take place there in September. She got in touch with Hall through Facebook, even talking to him on the phone, but was not satisfied with his explanation.

"He claims no responsibility," she said, adding Hall told her there were at least 1,000 children who lost their performance fees.

On July 10, Hall also sent Messner an e-mail in which he said he was worried the project was going to "jeopardize my reputation."

"I will assure you though that I'm doing everything in my power to return the money myself, even though as director it is not my direct responsibility to pay back this debt," he wrote.

Davis, the studio owner in Lakeland, Fla., said she hasn't been watching "American Idol" but some of the parents have kept her up on Hall's progress.

"I just don't think that it's fair if he ends up being the next 'American Idol,'" she said.
___
Associated Press Writer Janet Blake, in Louisville, Ky., contributed to this report.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/22/10 07:01 PM

Randy's a guest on Ellen today (starting right now)
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/24/10 05:23 PM

From the few I saw last night, the girls aren't very good.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 02/24/10 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia
From the few I saw last night, the girls aren't very good.

No, they're not. We'll see tonight, but I think this is the worst crop since the show began. ohwell

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/03/10 06:34 PM

No, they're not. We'll see tonight, but I think this is the worst crop since the show began. ohwell

I agree Geoff. I watched the guys last night and omg what a waste of time. I should've watched Star Trek The Next Generation with the Col.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/03/10 07:21 PM

I think the guys did MUCH better last night than the first night. I hope the girls can do the same tonight (because I disagree w/ Simon that the girls did better last week -- I don't think they did; of course that's no saying much)...

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/03/10 07:28 PM

I didn't watch AI last week. I watched the Olympics instead.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/03/10 07:31 PM

I DVR'd the Olympics during Idol. Mig, if you thought last night was bad, you're lucky you missed last week!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/04/10 06:45 AM

I thought some of the girls did good last night. I think it's gonna be a boring season.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/04/10 07:58 AM

I think it's gonna be a boring season.

Yeah, absolutely. The girls did better than last week, but still not as well as the boys. But I cannot take the fact that half the contestants -- boys AND girls -- sound alike, with that warbly voice. Sounds fine, but not song after song after song. And they're praising people I didn't particularly like, and, shitting on people I liked. Conflicting advice and other BS isn't making this a good season at all. But of course I'm not gonna stop watching. wink

Ellen, tho, I've been pleasantly pleased with -- she seems to know what she's talking about (whether she's aping it or not, I don't now), and it's refreshing when she says she didn't like something (unlike Paula who never had a bad thing to say)...

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/04/10 11:24 AM

I like the humor Ellen adds to her critiques. I don't know what her background in music is but she's doing a good job so far. I miss making fun of Paula though.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/05/10 12:21 PM

Wow, there are no superstars in this group. It might come down to who is the least mediocre. Crystal and Siobahn are the most unique so that might work for them. Big Mike has soul, but he has to do something special and Lee can rock, but he's a watered down Daughtry.

Ellen adds some humor, which is good. She is the anti-Simon, so it presents another perspective.

Interesting note (maybe). All minorities booted last night. Will we hear from Rev. Al Sharpton?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/05/10 12:50 PM

Well, Jermaine's faith must have been shaken last night. He was so convinced that God would save him. As Simon said, God doesn't vote for Idol contestants. Haley seemed like a sweet child, but her performance of "The Climb" (a freaking annoying song to begin with, although I might be biased by my deep dislike of everything Miley Cyrus) was the most awful performance ever on AI, and that includes anything Sanjaya ever did AND "Rockin' Robin" by that annoying girl with the tattooed arm last year.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/05/10 01:22 PM

Interesting note (maybe). All minorities booted last night. Will we hear from Rev. Al Sharpton?

I hope not cuz when you see Al you see Jesse. I didn't watch the results show last night, I watched Survivor instead.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/06/10 02:31 AM

As you all know I'm not a regular watcher of this show. I have watched a couple episodes mainly to see if my friend's son, Andrew Garcia, is still in the running. I got an e-mail from her last week so I assume he still is. smile

Anyway, I think Ellen is a nice addition to the group. She seems fair, honest and mostly "nice" (unlike Simon) when she doesn't like someone. What's the consensus on her performance, anyone know?

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/06/10 03:54 AM

TIS, I don't know the public reviews, but I like her. The other judges, especially Kara and Simon, don't seem to like her. I don't know how much of that is real, or how much is "drama" for the audience.

Simon is often too brutal, but I actually like him. At least he can speak a coherent sentence.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/10/10 02:58 AM

WTF?? Am I the only one who thought Lily's performance of "I Fall To Pieces" was just HORRIBLE??? It was all over the place and she hit bad note after bad note. I thought she was bad and the first girl was bad. So was the girl in the middle who sang "Smile". That was awful.

IMO, Crystal and Siobhan are the best. Lacey was actually rather good tonight, too. Why Simon heaped praise on Lily and told Siobhan he didn't like her performance is beyond me. Is he smoking crack or what??

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/10/10 05:27 PM

Yes TB, I think Simon is under the influence of something...Ellen maybe? I agree and hold to my previous review; Siobahn and Crystal are the girls to beat. Paige (Smile) was pitiful. Simon liked "Rhiannon" eek. Unless he's trying to even the playing field or create some interest. Clearly the talent this year is way below previous years.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/10/10 11:04 PM

WTF?? Am I the only one who thought Lily's performance of "I Fall To Pieces" was just HORRIBLE???

Reminds me of the time when Kelly Pickler sang a Patsy Cline song. Just terrible.

This season is just boring.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/11/10 03:02 AM

my god that is the american idol i been waiting for...

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/11/10 03:32 AM

The guys were mostly okay tonight. The biggest disappointment was Lee. I enjoyed Todrick's version of "Somebody To Love". At least he was entertaining. Big Mike had one great note, and I agree that he was feeling that song, but he's so huge that his dancing around was almost comical.

Btw, was Kara drinking out of Paula's old cup?? She's an absolute ass.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/11/10 05:01 AM

Dang!! I forgot to watch it.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/11/10 07:06 AM

Dang!! I forgot to watch it.

uhwhat

I thought the boys did fairly well tonight -- better than the girls this week.

But WTF?? That 16-year-old kid -- who I want to like -- has just been horrific the past couple weeks, yet the judges praise him. At the same time TIS's coworker's son (Garcia) is awesome, yet gets railed every week?? If I hear about his rendition of "Straight Up" one more fucking time I'm gonna lose it! JUDGE HIM FOR THE CURRENT SONG, not comparing him to one earlier (great) performance already!

Ellen's been great, as I said, so it's not her fault, but this season has SUCKED so far! Judges finally realizing they've been giving conflicting advice -- well, thanks for that; a little too late maybe? ohwell

In any event, I think the 4 leaving this week *should* be obvious. But America doesn't vote for obvious, so we'll have to see...

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/11/10 01:11 PM

I am hoping that Paige and the first girl who sang (who is so unmemorable that I STILL don't know her name) get voted off and that Alex Lambert and Tim Urban (although he was actually not bad this week) go. If Paige's performance of "Smile" doesn't get her the boot, then I don't know what will. I also don't like Lacey, but my judgment on her can't be trusted. She reminds me of a clown, with that stupid hair and her whorish make-up, so she could be the greatest singer on earth and I would still hate her.

Kara is insane, Simon has been Cranky Old Man who obviously can't wait for this season to be over so he can stay home and count his millions, Randy is a moron, and that leaves us with Ellen. She's been one of the few voices of reason so far.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/11/10 05:33 PM

SB, you are a hoot....and I agree with most of your assessments.
Lacey looks like she'd come from Garfield, NJ. Kah-ra, as Simon would say, has been a real dufus. She tries to sound so profound. She has turned into a mutation of Paula. Simon has mellowed a bit from his days of ..."you sound like a cat crying in the night" or "someone's drunken uncle who gets up to sing at a wedding."

America voted and...??

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/11/10 07:01 PM

Those tears last night after Big Mike sang?? Puh-leeze! Either they're trying to have Kara act more like Paula so people don't miss her, or she drank some of the Abdul Kool-Aid.

I actually liked it when Simon rated people that way. At least I felt like he was listening.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/11/10 07:12 PM

Did the cougar swoon over Casey again?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/12/10 06:16 PM

I can't believe that Lacey the ClownWhore made it through over Lily! And Tim "I'm channeling a 1980 Teen Idol with my hairdo" Urban over Todrick? Really?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/12/10 06:38 PM

I only watched it when Survivor had commercials. I'm glad Big Mike made it to the top 12. I thought he was suppose to be kicked off cuz his Dad spilled the beans.

I'm glad TIS's friend made it to the top 12.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/12/10 07:28 PM

I was wondering how he did this week. I didn't watch the show. I got an e-mail a while back from his mom, asking me to vote for him though. smile

Mig, you watch two shows at once? How can you follow both? lol

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/12/10 07:48 PM

I didn't really. I just watched AI when Survivor's commercials were on. I can't wait till AI is just on Tuesday's and Wednesday's.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/12/10 09:58 PM

I can't believe that Lacey the ClownWhore made it through over Lily! And Tim "I'm channeling a 1980 Teen Idol with my hairdo" Urban over Todrick? Really?

i hated the fact that lacey got in, and paige miles as well as tim urban...just asking has anybody checked VFTW?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/13/10 03:05 AM

Yes I have. That's probably why Paige and Tim are in the top 12.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/13/10 06:58 AM

'Idol' contestants discuss elimination from show
Quote:

By ROSALIE FOX, Associated Press Writer – Fri Mar 12, 7:59 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (AP — Tweens probably don't know who Patsy Cline is, which is why Lilly Scott thinks she was voted off "American Idol" Thursday night.
Her last song was Cline's "I Fall to Pieces."

Scott joined her three fellow rejects in a Friday conference call with reporters and says her underground fan base probably supported her in their hearts but didn't actually vote.

Ousted singer Alex Lambert says he was just as surprised he didn't make it into the Top 12, since his fellow contestants convinced him he was a lock. Lambert says he was so nervous that he couldn't sing his best.

Katelyn Epperly says she's going back to Des Moines, Iowa, to work because she's "flat broke" — but will keep writing music.

And Todrick Hall says he's campaigning to be on the TV show "Glee."

I really hope that last sentence doesn't happen.

Aaron Kelly -- as I said, I wanted him to do well -- just didn't, and while Lambert was annoying in large doses, his voice was unique, even likable in small doses, and definitely better overall. Neither will/would win, though.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/13/10 02:10 PM

It's because they sang "Somebody To Love" on the show, and Randy mentioned it during the judges' comments after Todrick's performance. He figures that maybe he has a chance.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/13/10 07:42 PM

I didn't even watch it this week grin

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/13/10 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
I didn't even watch it this week grin

I hate it when people post that they didn't watch it. You have nothing to add, so why bother posting here?? rolleyes tongue

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/14/10 09:04 PM

SB for JUDGE!, but I don't think you'll be able to use "Clownwhore" to descibe a contestant. clap

Crystal Boxershorts
She HOH Barn
Big Mike (was he in the Green Mile?)
Leezy Dweezy

Your Final Four

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/14/10 09:52 PM

SB for JUDGE!, but I don't think you'll be able to use "Clownwhore" to descibe a contestant. clap

If I can't say "Clownwhore", then I don't want the job. wink

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/15/10 10:22 PM

Kara's gonna be on Leno tonight. I don't plan on watching, but just mentioning it...

And David Cook will be performing Wednesday cool

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 12:14 AM

TIS, Are ya gonna watch AI tonight? The theme is the Rolling Stones. I know how much you like the Stones.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 12:59 AM

TIS, Are ya gonna watch AI tonight? The theme is the Rolling Stones. I know how much you like the Stones.

Oh yea? I might check it out. smile Do you know if Andrew Garcia will be performing tonight?

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 01:12 AM

He is, and they had his parents on the show, too.
Click to reveal..
I thought he did very well, although he didn't get the greatest reviews from the judges.
Every contestant will perform every Tuesday night until voted off. The eliminations are on Wednesday night.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 01:19 AM

What Stones song did he sing? Name a couple songs that others sang if you would. smile

Thanks

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 01:35 AM

TIS, Andrew sung- Gimme Shelter.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 01:38 AM

TIS, Andrew sung- Gimme Shelter.

Ha ha! Really????? I just can't imagine anyone but Mick singing that one. I can't see Andrew prancing around the stage with the mic doing Jager type moves. lol I guess I'd be too critical if I were a judge tonight. I'll try to tune in though and catch a few numbers.

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 01:44 AM

TIS, I think that the performances so far have been better than in the last few weeks. I missed the first 10 minutes or so, but all the singers have been very impressive.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 01:48 AM

They are down to the best of the bunch now no? How many are in the running now? And, are there separate contests for male/female? I ask that because it seems one week they eliminated female and the other males.

smile
TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 01:53 AM

Now that they have their Top 12, they don't vote off boys or girls, just the contestant with the lowest number of votes is eliminated. The Top 10 get to go on tour, though, so that's the next hurdle for the contestants.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 02:36 AM

Now I know why SB calls Lacey a clownwhore. How did she make the top 12? Siobhan had a nice Goth look tonight. Big Mike was great. Tim will probably be on VFTW again. I think Paige will be on VFTW to. I thought Andrew did good. Kara needs to stfu about him.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 03:59 AM

Well, I managed to see the first half so far. Most of them aren't bad, but nobody jumps out as being exceptional. Andrew just sang and he, like most of the others, doesn't have a bad voice. But, what do I know. ohwell Don't know if I'll watch the second half.

I like Ellen. She's probably the nicest judge. Who is this Kera anyway? She seems like a know it all.

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 04:19 AM

Paint It Black was awful!!! The worse so far.(ha ha and they are saying it's the best)
I didn't like it at all.
eek

TIS

On the flip side, I like the guy singing "Beast Of Burden". He has a good voice and sounds professional. Good job!! smile Paige did well with Honky Tonk Woman too

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 04:48 AM

Ok, one of my favorite Songs, Angie, was also very good. The kid is so young but has a very powerful voice.

Second half has the better talent IMHO. smile

Ok, she's still singing but my guess is the judges will love her. Last girl singing my favorite Stones song "You Can't Always Get What You Want." Her voice is not bad but she's slaughtering the song IMHO. panic

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 11:00 AM

TIS, they've been told over and over by the judges that they have to "make the song their own" by changing the arrangements so that it doesn't sound "karaoke". What ends up happening is that their version ends up pissing off fans of the original.

The singer you're referencing (the last girl) is Crystal. She is my favorite girl and the guy who sang "Beast of Burden" is Lee, and I think he's my favorite boy.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 11:00 AM

TIS, I enjoyed reading your comments. I hope you contribute to this thread more.

Tim Urban is VFTW.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Paint It Black was awful!!! The worse so far.(ha ha and they are saying it's the best)
I didn't like it at all.
eek

TIS

paint it black was probably the best one of the night...the worst would be tim urban's, but i wonder if paige is going to get eliminated tonight.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 09:41 PM

Who is this Kera anyway? She seems like a know it all.

TIS

You're Hoot #2 (SB is #1). Her name is Kara. She's primarily a songwriter, but she sings too. Last year she did a neat little dance number revealing a bikini under her dress. I find her sexy in an annoying way. She will be appearing in Atlantic City at the Borgata Hotel Music Box Theatre on April 9, 10. Its a great venue for music. Seats about 1,000. I saw Crosby and Nash there a couple of years ago.
Kara has taken over Paula's job of blathering on and on and trying sound profound.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/17/10 09:46 PM

You're Hoot #2 (SB is #1). Her name is Kara. She's primarily a songwriter, but she sings too. Last year she did a neat little dance number revealing a bikini under her dress. I find her sexy in an annoying way. She will be appearing in Atlantic City at the Borgata Hotel Music Box Theatre on April 9, 10. Its a great venue for music. Seats about 1,000. I saw Crosby and Nash there a couple of years ago.
Kara has taken over Paula's job of blathering on and on and trying sound profound.

I don't watch "American Idol," but my cousin used to cut her Kara's hair up in Scarsdale before anyone knew who she was. I believe she grew up in that area (either Scarsdale or New Rochelle). I'm told she's a very nice girl, from a good Italian-Albanian family.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/18/10 12:24 AM

Top 12: Rolling Stones

I can't believe how my rankings differed from the judges. My friend Mer and I kept wondering how the hell we were hearing something different than the judges were!

In any event, here are my rankings for the week. It was difficult because no one really blew it out of the water.

Code:
A-  Lee      "Beast of Burden"
B+  Crystal  "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
B+  Tim      "Under My Thumb"
B+  Katie    "Wild Horses"
B   Siobhan  "Paint It Black"
B   Michael  "Miss You"
B-  Aaron    "Angie"
B-  Paige    "Honky Tonk Woman"
C+  Andrew   "Gimme Shelter"
C   Casey    "It's All Over Now"
C-  Didi     "Play With Fire"
C-  Lacey    "Ruby Tuesday"

Lee sounded exactly like John Cougar, maybe that's why I liked him.
Crystal was great as always, but needs to mix it up more.
Tim's reggae rendition I liked, but the judges hated.
Katie in the pixie dress wasn't spectacular, but it was the best up 'til that point.
Siobhan was pitchy throughout the awkward arrangement, but it was unique/showy.
Big Michael "Jackson" is always good, but his MJ impressions were a bit weird.
Aaron was better than in previous weeks, but I still don't see/hear what the judges love about him.
Paige, unbeknownst with laryngitis, sang rough lows and flat highs.
Andrew is still a favorite, but was pitchy and flat in spots.
Casey sounded good, but so do a lot of bar band singers. Didn't blow me away.
Didi & Lacey, I'm convinced, are the same person. They both warble their way thru.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/18/10 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I believe she grew up in that area (either Scarsdale or New Rochelle). I'm told she's a very nice girl, from a good Italian-Albanian family.

I saw her father on the news this morning. He's throwing his hat in the ring for Gillibrand's Senate seat.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Dioguardia-Idol-Dad-Runs-Senate/2010/03/16/id/352818

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/18/10 02:29 AM

Goodbye clownwhore. VFTW worked tonight cuz Tim made it through. I thought for sure that Paige would've left.

I've never heard of those singers they had tonight. The one that sung that Blah Blah Blah song gave me a big headache.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/18/10 02:36 AM

Goodbye clownwhore. VFTW worked tonight cuz Tim made it through. I thought for sure that Paige would've left.

I've never heard of those singers they had tonight. The one that sung that Blah Blah Blah song gave me a big headache.

i really hate VFTW...i want the worst gone not the middle. yea i agree with that...why do they get people on there that i never heard off? why couldn't they get the rolling stones them selfs to perform?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/18/10 05:41 AM

Results

After David Cook performed a blah version of "Jumpin' Jack Flash"...

Paige - B3
Lee, Siobhan, Aaron - Safe
Andrew vs Tim - Tim's B3

Then I fast-forwarded thru Orianthi's "According to You"

Didi, Crystal, Katie, Michael - Safe
Casey vs Lacey - Lacey B3
Tim - Safe; Paige vs Lacey B2

Double-fast-forward thru Ke$ha's "Blah Blah Blah" bullshit

My #12 pick, Lacey, was voted off and her rendition of "The Story" didn't save her.

I'm 1-0 wink

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/18/10 10:57 AM

I didn't like Ke$ha's performance, but I do love "Tik Tok". I wish she had performed that instead.

And buh-bye, Lacey. If the votes were based on Tuesday night's show, then America got it right.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/19/10 02:13 AM

i have some bad news...next week's theme is teen idols...next week is going to suck!!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/20/10 04:05 PM

i have some bad news...next week's theme is teen idols...next week is going to suck!!

Now BAM don't get critical before it happens. With this group I don't think it matters what the category is. Teen Idol is a fairly broad category if you take it back to the 40's or 50's. Frank Sinatra was a Teen Idol, so was Elvis, Ricky Nelson, the Beatles......and the list goes on.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/20/10 06:49 PM

Now BAM don't get critical before it happens. With this group I don't think it matters what the category is. Teen Idol is a fairly broad category if you take it back to the 40's or 50's. Frank Sinatra was a Teen Idol, so was Elvis, Ricky Nelson, the Beatles......and the list goes on.

well i was thinking of the current teen idol's because yea...i wasnt thinking about the past teen idols.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/20/10 10:05 PM

I was thinking past teen idols too. Must be a generational thing. lol Out here, every now and then they have a teen idol show (don't know what the official billing is) but it consists usually of Frankie Avalon, Bobby Rydell and Fabian. I think they've played at local casinos here in California.

Then again, it could be today's teen idols of which others may be more informed. I didn't know if "teen idol" was an old phrase used more to refer to singers of my generation or if they still use it.

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/22/10 08:10 PM

the theme for this week has been changed from teen idols to billboard 1# hits.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/23/10 12:02 PM

And Miley "I can't sing to save my life" Cyrus is guest-starring. I can't stand untalented ass. I admire her ability to create a billion dollar empire despite her suckiness, but still...

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/23/10 06:43 PM

And Wednesday night she will be singing. GROSS!!!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/23/10 06:48 PM

Compared to last week's performers (besides DC), Miley will be a welcomed sight and music to my ears.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/23/10 06:54 PM

It was either last season or the one before, Miley sang "The Climb" live on Idol. It was caterwauling, and that's a compliment. She was awful. Unfortunately, many of these performers are finding out that "live" is not a good idea for them.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/23/10 07:31 PM

I can not believe how popular Miley Cyrus is. My grandaughters are only 6 & 8 and they love her and watch the show with her and her dad. eek I have only heard parts of songs and don't really know titles of any of her music. From what I heard, I didn't think her voice was too bad. ohwell

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/23/10 07:41 PM

TIS, these artists rely so much on computers to fix their flaws that when they sing live, it's usually a big disappointment.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/24/10 05:30 AM

Unfortunately, many of these performers are finding out that "live" is not a good idea for them.

Oh, how true. You have to go to Broadway to hear great, live singing on a consistent basis; especially where the understudies and the last person in the chorus can outsing any of these duds.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/24/10 11:06 AM

Last night's episode was a gigantic snoozefest. Big Mike sang one of my very favorite songs. How he could manage to turn "When A Man Loves A Woman" into sexless elevator music is beyond me. He didn't hit any wrong notes or anything, but yuk.

I didn't get the tongue-bath that Siobhan received from the judges either. I thought it was a shrieky mess. And I thought that Didi was sexy and adorable, and didn't get why the judges hated her. I also enjoyed Lee Dewyze.

Crystal Bowersox was effortless and incredible. While there were other enjoyable performances, nobody came close to her.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/24/10 05:28 PM

I think Crystal is the one to beat this season. It seems no matter what Andrew does he can't please the judges. Paige looked so pretty but she and Tim are struggling big time.

B-3 ?/Paige/Tim

VFTW-Tim

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/24/10 06:57 PM

Top 11 - #1 Billboard Hits (w/ Miley Cyrus)

Well, overall I think this week was better. Not incredibly exciting, but better vocally. Very predictable choices this week, too. I'm in some disagreement w/ Babe and Mig in spots. Miley was pretty worthless; is Justin Bieber the next mentor?

IMHO:
Code:
A   Mike     "When A Man Loves A Woman"
A-  Crystal  "Me & Bobby McGee"
B+  Casey    "Power of Love"
B   Siobhan  "Superstition"
B   Tim      "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
B   Lee      "The Letter"
B   Andrew   "Heard It Through The Grapevine"
C+  Aaron    "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing"
C   Didi     "You're No Good"
C-  Katie    "Big Girls Don't Cry"
F   Paige    "Against All Odds"

Mike & Crystal made very predictable choices, but did them very well.
Casey did a sound-alike performance, well.
Siobhan took a risk with Stevie Wonder. Good version a little flat. Bad hair.
Tim didn't warble for once. Swingy-crooner vibe. Judges up his ass, tho.
Lee's jazzy version was good.
Andrew is hated by the judges yet again; "Straight Up" mentioned AGAIN!!
Aaron (w/ alleged tonsillitis AND laryngitis?!) improved, but no range.
Didi was also predictable. Same notes as last week. Simon too harsh w/ song title.
Katie was okay, but flat in spots.
Paige NEEDS TO GO!!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/24/10 07:12 PM

Bowersox again wows 'American Idol' judges
Quote:
By DERRIK J. LANG, AP Entertainment Writer – Wed Mar 24, 5:15 am ET
LOS ANGELES – "American Idol" finalist Crystal Bowersox is on a roll.

The 24-year-old musician and single mother of Toledo, Ohio, earned the judges' highest praise on the Fox singing competition Tuesday for her traditional take on Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee" — all from a homey carpet rolled out on the "Idol" stage.

Simon Cowell told her he wouldn't have changed a thing, but the other judges wanted a bigger reaction.

"These people love you," pleaded Ellen DeGeneres. "Take it all in and respond."

Paige Miles was a long way from getting any love from the judges, who were equally against the smiley 24-year-old preschool teacher from Houston.

Randy Jackson said her rendition of Mariah Carey's "Against All Odds" was "honestly terrible" while all DeGeneres could compliment was Miles' ability to stay standing on the stage in a pair of high heels.

"You didn't fall down," said DeGeneres, "and that's a good thing."

Also slipping even further out of favor with the judging panel was Tim Urban, the shaggy-haired 20-year-old college student from Duncanville, Texas. He punctuated his performance of Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by sliding across the stage on his knees.

Kara DioGuardi and DeGeneres compared his acrobatic exploits to a bad "High School Musical" audition, while Jackson declared: "The dopest thing that you did was the slide, dude."

Several singers, however, stayed in the panel's good graces, including 23-year-old Lee Dewyze of Mount Prospect, Ill., with The Box Tops' "The Letter;" 16-year-old Aaron Kelly of Sonestown, Pa., with Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing;" and 27-year-old Casey James of Fort Worth, Texas, with Huey Lewis and The News' "The Power Of Love."

"You're just ready to make an album," DioGuardi informed James.

The judges again voiced their frustration with 24-year-old musician Andrew Garcia of Moreno Valley, Calif., after he turned in an awkward rendition of Marvin Gaye's "Heard It Through the Grapevine." They also weren't fans of a sexed-up theatrical version of Linda Ronstadt's "You're No Good" by 23-year-old waitress Didi Benami of Los Angeles.

"It was like a musical," said Cowell, "the bad part of a musical."

Unless the judges decide to save a singer, another finalist will be eliminated Wednesday based on viewer votes.
___
Fox is a unit of News Corp.
___
On the Net:
• American Idol, http://www.americanidol.com/

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/24/10 09:19 PM

I didn't know that Crystal was from Ohio. Cool!!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/24/10 09:26 PM

JG, I'm with you on that "Straight Up" thing. STFU, Kara. Please stop bringing it up. You guys put these people through and they mostly SUCK.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/25/10 02:28 AM

Results Summary

Group performs Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" (not bad)

Siobhan is safe
Paige and Tim B3
Lee & Casey safe

Miley strains herself through "When I Look At You"

Aaron is safe
Didi is safe
Mike is safe
Crystal is safe

Katie vs Andrew = Andrew's safe, Katie's B3

B3 = Paige, Tim, Katie
Katie's safe

B2 = Paige & Tim

Joe Jonas & Demi Lovato sing "Make A Wave" (meh)

Not going on the Top 10 tour? Paige. Tim's safe.

Simon said she's definitely not being saved, regardless of her last song ("All Right Now").

I'm 2-0 with my lowest picks leaving, though this week was easy and obvious.

Next Week: R&B/Soul with Usher

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/25/10 04:48 AM

I hope Miley is a better actress than she is a singer. Bye Paige you tried at least. I guess Tim will stick around for a bit. And he gets to go on tour.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 01:04 AM

Teflon Tim...why didnt nobody from these forums come up with that?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 01:06 AM

Why didn't Ryan just tell him that he's on VFTW?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 02:05 AM

TIS, your former coworker was on Idol tonight. She got pissed when Simon called her son boring and started to heckle him. Ryan came and got her out of the audience so she could yell at Simon to his face. I also thought that Andrew gave one of his best performances to date.

Good Performances - Andrew, Casey, Lee and Big Mike.

Best of the Night - Crystal. Her "Midnight Train To Georgia" was simply perfect.

Meh Performances - Siobhan, Katie, Tim and Aaron

Worst of the night - Didi

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 02:10 AM

Ha ha ha!! Really? I am not surprised. Can you give me an approximate of when he sang? I really am not interested in watching the whole thing, but I'd love to see that so I can at least call her or e-mail her about it. smile

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 02:28 AM

He was about halfway through.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 02:32 AM

I missed Siobahn's performance.

I agree with SB except I thought Tim sucked big time as usual.

I'm glad that Andrew finally got a good review.

B-3 Didi, Tim, Katie

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 02:33 AM

Thanks SB!!!

I don't see anything else on that I want to watch, so I'll be able to see him. smile

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 02:35 AM

I couldn't understand what your friend was saying to Simon.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 02:44 AM

I'll find out and let you know. Probably 4 letter words though. LOL lol

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 02:53 AM

You're probably right TIS lol

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 02:58 AM

TIS, If you only watch the second half, hang in there to see Crystal Bowersox who performed 9th. She was simply fantastic.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 08:01 AM

Tim sucked big time as usual.

No, he didn't -- but I don't have my notes handy; I'll give my usual review tomorrow.

Tim's NOT that bad. tongue

But Andrew was the best!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 12:46 PM

I only saw half of it. Andrew sounded good. He has a nice voice. The black guy,don't know is name but he too has a good voice.

I think Mary Garcia said she "wanted to slap Simon." lol I e-mailed her to tease her. According to one of the news websites last night (maybe Yahoo), there referred to Andrew's mom as "bat crazy!" eek lol Is that kind of mean? Funny though!

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 03/31/10 06:09 PM

Top 10 - R&B/Soul (Usher)

I don't think anyone did that badly this week, yet only a couple stood out above the others. IMHO:

Code:
B+  Andrew   "Forever"
B   Lee      "Treat Her Like a Lady"
B   Katie    "Chain of Fools"
B   Crystal  "Midnight Train to Georgia"
B   Casey    "Hold On I'm Coming"
B-  Tim      "Sweet Love"
C+  Mike     "Read For Love"
C   Aaron    "Ain't No Sunshine"
C   Didi     "What Becomes of a Broken Heart"
C-  Siobhan  "Through the Fire"

In singing order:

Siobhan was disappointing as I like her. Screams were okay, but weak/pitchy/flat lows.
Casey was distracting because he didn't stop smiling. Good vox, but a little White.
Mike, who's one of my Top 3 favorites, was blah. Not right song choice.
Didi's snooze-fest might indicate she's almost outta here. B3 for sure.
Tim had some rough spots but I like his voice. I don't get the hatred, though.
Andrew is back! And only a brief mention of "that song" afterwards.
Katie was a'ight, better than last week, but she's no Aretha.
Lee had good, rockin' vox (if not original), esp. w/ "Walking Pneumonia" (really? C'mon)
Crystal didn't blow me away as usual, but still a top contender.
Aaron wasn't that bad, but that fake vibrato is killing me!

I know I rated Siobhan the lowest, but I don't think she should go. I think Didi should go next. Tim will undeservedly be in the B3 again, though I think my B3 above should be it, with Didi going.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 12:57 AM

I thought Casey did well with "Hold On, I'm Coming." I didn't care at all, for Didi's version of "What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted" though. panic

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 01:15 AM

are you watching the results show TIS? they are showing your friend again.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 01:19 AM

Bam,

I was talking about last night. If it's on again tonight, it hasn't aired here yet. Which is weird that you see it first, because I thought it was filmed live in California. confused What is he singing? confused

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 02:00 AM

Bam,

I was talking about last night. If it's on again tonight, it hasn't aired here yet. Which is weird that you see it first, because I thought it was filmed live in California. confused What is he singing? confused

TIS

i know you were talking bout last nights episode i just asked if you were watching the one tonight lol. well teflon tim lives for another week.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 02:29 AM

well teflon tim lives for another week.

Thanks to VFTW.

Geoff got it right again. I didn't think that they would save Didi they got 9 weeks left. To early to use the save.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 03:52 AM

Results

S2 winner Ruben sings "Don't Make'm Like You No More" and announces summer tour w/ S2 runner-up Clay

Lee safe
Casey safe
Aaron safe

Katie vs Siobhan = Siobhan safe, Katie B3

Usher autotunes "OMG Here I Am"

Didi B3 w/ Katie
Mike safe
Crystal safe

Andrew vs Tim = Andrew safe, Tim B3 (I called that ohwell )

B3 = Katie, Didi, Tim
Katie's safe
B2 = Didi, Tim

P. Diddy performs "Dirty Money"

Teflon Tim is safe, Didi sings "All Your Life" for her life

And then....

DVR CUTS OUT! RESULTS UNKNOWN 'TIL I READ MIG'S POST! rolleyes

Apparently Didi's not saved by the judges, and I'm 3-0

Next Week: Lennon & McCartney catalog (mentor?)

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 04:33 AM

Next Week: Lennon & McCartney catalog (mentor?)

yes...good music to hear...what sucks is now tim is going to butcher a classic...maybe they should get ringo to be the mentor.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 04:39 AM

If I hear how "bad" Tim is one more time...!!

HE'S NOT THE WORST!! Jeeeezus. tongue

The WORST are the ones that are getting voted off each week -- the ones I have been picking each week as the worst. THOSE are the worst.

Tim WILL be the worst at some point, though, of course. He's not gonna win this, nor are 8 of the others. wink But until he IS the worst, I think ppl should give him a break. tongue

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 04:49 AM

If I hear how "bad" Tim is one more time...!!

HE'S NOT THE WORST!! Jeeeezus. tongue

The WORST are the ones that are getting voted off each week -- the ones I have been picking each week as the worst. THOSE are the worst.

Tim WILL be the worst at some point, though, of course. He's not gonna win this, nor are 8 of the others. wink But until he IS the worst, I think ppl should give him a break. tongue

is it fine if i say tim tebow is terrible? lol

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 05:05 AM

I thought he was pretty good - wtf? lol

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 10:30 AM

We all know why Tim is still around. The same reason why Sanjaya stayed as long as he did. VFTW is why.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 01:23 PM

Why would VFTW not promote the worst person? confused I get what they're trying to do, but I think they picked the wrong "worst" person.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/01/10 03:53 PM

Geoff, Who do you think the worst is?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/02/10 01:32 AM

I thought he was pretty good - wtf? lol

i hate anybody named 'tim'...i even hate tiny tim

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/02/10 04:01 AM

So you don't want to tiptoe through the tulips?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/07/10 11:13 PM

Top 9 - Lennon/McCartney

I thought everyone was doing well this week, and was giving B's to everyone, until Casey sang. I should go back and change all those previous B's to C's, but will leave it as originally scored. Casey, though, was in a league of his own last night. A real star.

Code:
A   Casey   "Jealous Guy"
A-  Siobhan "Across The Universe"
B+  Tim     "All My Lovin'"
B   Aaron   "The Long & Winding Road"
B   Crystal "Come Together"
B   Mike    "Eleanor Rigby"
B   Lee     "Hey Jude"
B   Andrew  "Can't Buy Me Love"
B-  Katie   "Let It Be"

I had to rank them somehow, despite really liking some on the bottom.

Aaron was gruffer than DA, his best performance yet. Judges railed him for doing exactly what DA did. What?? and then Katie does the exact same thing (slower/older song) and gets praised for it. Judges can eat me.
Andrew I liked a lot, but judges were probably right. Can't screw up that song.
Mike can't beat DC's version. I didn't feel a connection. Good vox, tho.
Crystal was good, but didn't blow my "sox" off. Same each week.
Tim had good vox, but it felt kind of old fashioned.
Casey was awesome.
Siobhan looked like a real Celine Dion out there, but no one can touch Rufus' rendition. Restrained, but good.
Lee was breathy and flat, his voice good, but the spectacle w/ the bagpipes was uh... okay.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/07/10 11:27 PM

Shoot, I didn't know it was Beatle songs or I would have tuned in. ohwell

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/08/10 12:33 AM

Have ya'll seen the video of the Taiwanese teen who sounds just like Whitney Houston? He's something else.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/08/10 12:41 AM

I saw a short clip. Wow!!! He has a nice voice but sounds just like a girl from what I heard.

Here's the local Press Enterprise with a story on Andrew Garcia. The local mall in Moreno Valley has the billboard wishing him luck.

smile
TIS

http://www.pe.com/localnews/morenovalley/stories/PE_News_Local_W_idol25.41013e8.html

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/08/10 01:48 AM

this is garbage...how is big mike and andrew in the bottom 2!?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/08/10 04:42 AM

Results

The group does a blah medley of Lennon/McCartney songs.

Siobhan, Crystal and Katie are called to center stage. They're safe.

Jason Derülo (signed by Kara) performs his two hits ("Watcha Say" and "In My Head"). Fast-forward.

D.A. performs his rendition of "Imagine" beautifully. Wish we had that talent this year.

Lee, Casey and Tim are put into one group onstage.
Mike, Aaron and Andrew are put into another group.

The first group is safe. B3 is Mike, Aaron and Andrew. Aaron's safe.

B2 = Mike and Andrew

Rihanna performs "Rock Star 101" which is quickly fast-forwarded.

Andrew's safe; Mike, who's amassed 132 million votes himself, sings "This Woman's Work" (I think) for the save. Big Mike is saved!

Next Week's Mentor: Last year's runner-up, Adam Lambert uhwhat (but cool ). Presumably, because of the save, 2 will be eliminated next week. panic

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/08/10 11:11 AM

I am very happy that they saved Big Mike. I know that they're reluctant to do it this early in the season, but think they did the right thing.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/09/10 01:07 AM

Idol is really scraping bottom if Adam what-am-I Lambert is the guest mentor. Idol has hit bottom. Big Mike is a Luther Vandross-Reuben Studdard retred. Let's face it, last night proves that Idols is in control; what votes? They need the dramatic effect to save the show from going where Blockbuster is headed.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/09/10 04:35 AM

Casey was awesome.
Siobhan looked like a real Celine Dion out there, but no one can touch Rufus' rendition. Restrained, but good.

I played the entire night (of singing; not comments) for my best friend -- a Beatles expert -- who somehow hates vocal music unless it's Pet Sounds (huh??) but he agreed that Casey did great. He thought Siobhan was "the worst he's ever heard" -- I disagree, there have been plenty worse -- but even he agreed that even John (he claimed it was a demo) didn't sing it like Rufus Wainwright -- the be-all and end-all rendition that should never be attempted by anyone again. I guess like any Stevie Wonder, or many MJ songs.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/09/10 03:04 PM

I didn't to see the shows this week. Tuesday I was in KY visiting family and Wednesday I was at my kids darts tournament in VA. Which they won btw. Big mike was in the B-2? I'm glad he was saved though. I guess I need to start calling in.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 02:34 AM

I thought that was one of the best episodes this season. I was impressed with Crystal, Lee, Tim and Big Mike. I didn't get why they panned Casey. I was impressed with his performance. I missed Katie's performance, but with the exception of Andrew, didn't think any of them did poorly.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 02:58 AM

I agree with SB except for Tim. I'm hopeing he'll go home tomorrow. I voted for big Mike several times.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 07:51 AM

I agree with SB except for Tim. I'm hopeing he'll go home tomorrow.

Mig, I love you and all... but this Tim-hating thing has to stop. It's totaly unfounded! He was GREAT!! One of the best of the night!! Stop listening to VFTW and listen with your own ears next time. tongue wink

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 07:57 AM

My notes will come tomorrow -- they're longer cuz I started to include judge's lines. And without my notes I see I'm still in a minority (Big Mike didn't move me; his performance didn't hit home -- it wasn't believable again this week, regardless of how well he sang it.)

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 11:41 AM

I agree with SB except for Tim. I'm hopeing he'll go home tomorrow.

Mig, I love you and all... but this Tim-hating thing has to stop. It's totaly unfounded! He was GREAT!! One of the best of the night!! Stop listening to VFTW and listen with your own ears next time. tongue wink

Geoffy my dear I love you to but VFTW has nothing to do with this. I'll admit he sung better last night but he is still not that great.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 02:05 PM

Sorry I missed Elvis night. I did get to see brief clips at the end of the show. The girl who sang "I'm Saved" sounded pretty good as did the guy who sang "Blue Suede Shoes. Andrew Garcia could have picked a better song though. ohwell

TIS

What's VFTW? Just wondering.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 02:13 PM

VFTW stands for Vote For the Worst - a website solely dedicated to messing up AI's system by directing its followers to vote for the worst singer (in their opinion) in the competition. They will say they do it to stand up against Idol's not-so-subtle favoritism.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 02:42 PM

Then VFTW should have picked Andrew. I was impressed with him at the beginning of the season, but he has just not lived up to his promise. He's got a good voice, but his performances just lack something. I hope he goes tonight. It's hard to decide who else should, but I think perhaps it's Aaron. They pick these young kids who can't possibly have the maturity to deliver stellar performances, and then they are chewed up and spit out by the AI machine. It's sad.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 04:32 PM

Why did they pick Adam to do the mentoring? Has he put a record out yet?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 05:41 PM

Top 9 Redux - Elvis Night (w/ Adam Lambert)

Another tough week to rank, but I think I know who should go in tonight's double-elimination, despite them being early favorites of mine. Reviews now include judges' comments.

Code:
A   Crystal  "Saved"
A-  Siobhan  "Suspicious Minds"
B+  Tim      "Can't Help Falling In Love"
B   Casey    "Lawdy Miss Claudy" 
B   Aaron    "Blue Suede Shoes"
B   Mike     "In The Ghetto"
B   Lee      "Little Less Conversation"
C-  Andrew   "Hound Dog"
C-  Katie    "Baby, What Do You Want Me To Do"

Crystal had great vox as usual, energetic, one of her best.
Randy: Dope, loved it; E: Great, fantastic; K: Good things; S: Original, great

Andrew never kicked it in; still like his voice, but he hasn't been stepping it up.
R: Not good karaoke, pitchy; E: Needed more swagger, liked it; K: Didn't own it, some nice places; S: Lazy, not a star performance

Tim started out annoyingly staccato in the beginning but kicked it in nicely; nice guitar work; theatrical voice
R: Actually liked it; E: Really enjoyed it, beautiful; K: Authentic, real, current, favorite Tim performance; S: Zero to Hero

Lee is always good, but didn't stand out. Bar-bandish.
R: In the zone, amazing, great; E: Current, better & better; K: Loved it, went for it, too stiff; S: On the money, full-stop

Aaron picked a safe choice, but it got "sexier" later on; one of his best.
R: Liked 2nd half; E: A for Effort, good, not all the way there; K: Out of comfort zone, liked it, current; S: Old fashioned, karaoke

Siobhan is the old-school diva of the group. She grew on me, and we need someone like her.
R: Kinda liked, big vocals; E: Beautiful voice; K: Have 2 voices? Not crazy about it; S: First part terrible, screechy

Mike had good vox as usual, but against this week I didn't feel a connection with the song.
R: Little sleepy, hot vox; E: Glad we saved you; K: Beautiful, sung well; S: Million billion times better than last week

Katie I like, but she had the weakest, poorest voice so far. Time to go.
R: Nice vox, liked it; E: Horny song, had lots of horns in it; K: You showed us, good job; S: Loud and annoying

Casey shot par for his course. Good, but a bit boring.
R: In the zone, solid; E: Love voice, not exciting; K: Fell short; S: Good vox, but wasted opportunity

So, while I've liked Andrew from the beginning, unfortunately I think it's his time to go (sorry, TIS ;)). Katie should go as well. I have Lee rounding out the Bottom 3, going by this week alone.
Posted By: Tru_Bizelli

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/14/10 08:07 PM

Hey Ladies & Gents,

I'm back! with a new avatar ... How's yall doin?

So on the subject, I haven't been paying attention to American Idol that much this year, but should probably look into it considering I'm doing PR work in the entertainment industry now. That's what has kept me away.

BTW: you guyz have some killer frickin quotes. I love Mignon's and Geoff's, haha! Awesome Stuff! Nice to see this place is still alive.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 01:16 AM

andrew is gone...one more to go

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 02:17 AM

Welcome back Tru.

I was sad to see Andrew leave. I'm glad big Mike is safe. BTW it looks like Geoff got it right once again. DO you have some kind of inside info? J/K
Posted By: Tru_Bizelli

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 02:27 AM

Thanks Mignon!
I gotta get in the loop.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 03:08 AM

You are very welcome Tru.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 04:36 AM

Results

The contestants do an okay Elvis medley. I could swear it's lip-synced because Crystal's lips never matched the vocal while others seemed to. Maybe it's just me seeing things, or my DVR playing tricks (wouldn't be the first time).

Casey, Aaron, Andrew are brought onto the stage and Andrew's given the boot right away. Aaron & Casey are safe.

Footage of Elliott Yamin and Kara in Africa help inspire for next week's Idol Gives Back show.

Brooke White & underwear model/ex-Miley Cyrus-dating/singer Justin Gaston perform Elvis's "If I Can Dream"

Ryan calls the Bottom Row to the stage (Tim, Crystal, Mike, Katie, Siobhan, Lee)

Crystal, Siobhan, Lee are safe.

Adam Lambert performs his hit "What Do You Want From Me"

B3 = Tim, Mike, Katie; Tim is safe

B2 = Mike & Katie, altho Ryan says the person staying is NOT in the Bottom 3 of voting. Katie's gone, Mike's safe.

My #8 and #9 wink

Next Week: Inspirational Songs w/ Alicia Keys, and Idol Gives Back

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 10:27 AM

Siobhan has the weirdest hairdo's.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 02:50 PM

Well, I'm not surprised Andrew got the boot. I didn't watch all his performances, but knew that the judges were disappointed in the end, and considered him "boring." Still, what a thrill for anybody to last that long.

Btw, in the end, what is the prize AND is there only one prize or are there any consolation prizes? Will Andrew just go home or will he get anything????? confused

Annie

Oh, and FWIW, and just my opinion, "If I Can Dream" is one of my favorite EP songs. I don't think anyone else could sing it and even come close to the excellent original by Elvis. wink

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 03:23 PM

TIS, the winner gets a guaranteed recording contract which usually ends up in a solid career. Many runners-up often get signed as well (if they were good/popular) and go on to have successful careers as well. As a major sponsor, Ford usually gives the Top 2 cars. What they all get is huge exposure and the chance to make a name for themselves. And for Andrew, I don't know if he'll get signed, but I'm sure if he worked harder at it he could have a chance.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 09:39 PM

He'll also get to go on tour with the rest of the top ten.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 09:40 PM

He'll also get to go on tour with the rest of the top ten.

Thanks, Mig, I knew I forgot something!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/15/10 09:42 PM

You are welcome. Anything to help out the Don. smile

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/16/10 01:17 AM

This past weekend Kara did two shows at the A.C. Borgata in the Music Box Theatre. Her first ever public concerts. The reviews were favorable. They liked her singing. She did a little story telling before each song. Show was 75 minutes. Personally, I think she is one hot chick; sultry.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/16/10 01:18 AM

You are welcome. Anything to help out the Don. smile

Is that like a Johnny Fontaine thing: "I'll do anything for my Godfather, you know that Mike." grin
Posted By: Beth E

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/16/10 02:09 PM

AI contestant Crystal almost walked away. But Seacrest saved the day.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15/american-idol-crystal-bowersox-ryan-seacrest-quit/

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/16/10 02:18 PM

LOVE Crystal. I think she really does have a shot at winning.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/21/10 01:19 AM

So, can we just have a finale between Lee and Crystal, as the judges obviously want, and then give Crystal the crown? This way, we can all be done and get on with our lives. She is so head and shoulders above the rest of the contestants that it's ridiculous. Watching them back, it was only made even more obvious.

Obviously, only one of them are going home, but let's say it's Aaron, or maybe Tim, here's something for the rest. Casey, stop with the guitar. You make yourself look like every other guy in a country/western bar. Mike, buy some clothes that fit. Your fat rolls are distracting. Siobhan, wear an outfit that doesn't have leaves or butterflies and pick a song that isn't by Whitney Houston.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/21/10 01:38 AM

So, can we just have a finale between Lee and Crystal, as the judges obviously want, and then give Crystal the crown? This way, we can all be done and get on with our lives. She is so head and shoulders above the rest of the contestants that it's ridiculous. Watching them back, it was only made even more obvious.

Obviously, only one of them are going home, but let's say it's Aaron, or maybe Tim, here's something for the rest. Casey, stop with the guitar. You make yourself look like every other guy in a country/western bar. Mike, buy some clothes that fit. Your fat rolls are distracting. Siobhan, wear an outfit that doesn't have leaves or butterflies and pick a song that isn't by Whitney Houston.

im not betting on anybody yet...crystal still could leave, and i dont trust the votes right now.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/21/10 01:39 AM

Once again I agree with SB. The final two should be Crystal and Lee.

Siobhan - Where does she buy her clothes?

Tim - I still say he should leave.

Big Mike - I like him, I don't think he will win though.

Casey - BORING!!!!

Aaron - Meh

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/21/10 07:05 PM

Top 7 - Inspirational Songs (w/ Alicia Keys)
Code:
A-  Crystal  "People Get Ready"
B   Aaron    "I Believe I Can Fly"
B   Lee      "The Boxer"
B-  Casey    "Don't Stop"
C+  Siobhan  "When You Believe"
C   Tim      "Better Days"
C-  Mike     "Hero"

Casey is consistently good, but consistently unoriginal.
R: Good, not best, same every week; E: Good, not great; K: Jam band, not different; S: Not inspiring, no originality

Lee stood out this time; good, but not perfect.
R: Great artist; E: Soul, depth; K: Connected, had his "moment"; S: Staggering difference from Casey, brilliant

Tim was a little pitchy, but okay.
R: Okay karaoke; E: Didn't like the soup (of the day); K: Not best execution; S: Didn't believe performance, little bit of a letdown

Aaron took on a big song, and did very well with it. He's not winning this, though.
R: Giant song, huge voice; E: You can fly, real good; K: You hit it, got there; S: Took guts, but not current

Siobhan wasn't as good as usual, but she's the reigning diva.
R: Probably toughest song, just okay; E: Disagrees w/ Randy; K: Too dramatic, who are you?; S: Not right song, old-fashioned

Mike sang karaoke. Disconnected as usual. Probably time to go, unfortunately.
R: Held your own; E: Great job; K: Not my favorite performance, wrong tone; S: Sang it pretty well, but it felt artificial

Crystal glistens as always. A Capella opening was awesome.
R: Unbelievable (standing-O); E: More and more beautiful; K: You schooled all those contestants; S: That was inspirational, fantastic, different class

Wednesday: Idol Gives Back. Last time there wasn't an elimination on this day, so we'll have to see -- perhaps 2 will go next week again.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/21/10 08:58 PM

Top 7 - Inspirational Songs (w/ Alicia Keys)
Code:
A-  Crystal  "People Get Ready"
B   Aaron    "I Believe I Can Fly"
B   Lee      "The Boxer"
B-  Casey    "Don't Stop"
C+  Siobhan  "When You Believe"
C   Tim      "Better Days"
C-  Mike     "Hero"

Casey is consistently good, but consistently unoriginal.
R: Good, not best, same every week; E: Good, not great; K: Jam band, not different; S: Not inspiring, no originality

Lee stood out this time; good, but not perfect.
R: Great artist; E: Soul, depth; K: Connected, had his "moment"; S: Staggering difference from Casey, brilliant

Tim was a little pitchy, but okay.
R: Okay karaoke; E: Didn't like the soup (of the day); K: Not best execution; S: Didn't believe performance, little bit of a letdown

Aaron took on a big song, and did very well with it. He's not winning this, though.
R: Giant song, huge voice; E: You can fly, real good; K: You hit it, got there; S: Took guts, but not current

Siobhan wasn't as good as usual, but she's the reigning diva.
R: Probably toughest song, just okay; E: Disagrees w/ Randy; K: Too dramatic, who are you?; S: Not right song, old-fashioned

Mike sang karaoke. Disconnected as usual. Probably time to go, unfortunately.
R: Held your own; E: Great job; K: Not my favorite performance, wrong tone; S: Sang it pretty well, but it felt artificial

Crystal glistens as always. A Capella opening was awesome.
R: Unbelievable (standing-O); E: More and more beautiful; K: You schooled all those contestants; S: That was inspirational, fantastic, different class

Wednesday: Idol Gives Back. Last time there wasn't an elimination on this day, so we'll have to see -- perhaps 2 will go next week again.

american idol should be on thursday

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/21/10 11:15 PM

I read on the AI site that they are suppose to have results.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/22/10 03:56 AM

Results

The Top 12 (some were brought back) perform "Keeping the Dream Alive"

The Black Eyed Peas took a dump on stage. Really? They can't sing for shit!

George Lopez judges the judges, but they're all safe. grin

Casey & Crystal: Casey is in B3, Crystal is safe
Lee & Aaron: Lee is safe, Aaron is in B3

Performances by: Jeff Beck w/ Joss Stone; Alicia Keys; Carrie Underwood

Wanda Sykes does a short stand-up (gotta love her!)

Siobhan, Mike & Tim = Tim is B3, Siobhan and Mike are safe

Mary J Blige, Randy Jackson, Steve Vai, et al., perform "Stairway to Heaven"

Elton John performs one of the best songs ever written: "Your Song"

B3 = Casey, Tim, Aaron. Aaron is safe.
B2 = Casey & Tim. Mig finally gets her wish; Tim's out. wink

I almost had it right, Tim was my #6 of 7. I thought Mike did worse this week, but also knew he wasn't going home. So I guess I'm right anyway? lol.

Idol Gives Back footage scattered throughout was heart wrenching. And I'm glad I DVR'd the 10 o'clock news after Ryan said we should cuz it'd go over. It sure did, by almost 30 minutes!

Next Week: Shania Twain mentors, her songs. ohwell

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/22/10 10:11 AM

Buh bye Teflon Tim.

I thought Wanda was funny.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/22/10 08:08 PM

Wanda Sykes and George Lopez provided the much-needed relief from that heart-breaking footage. It even appeared as if Simon has a heart!!

Geoff, the Black Eyed Peas are a guilty pleasure of mine, but they were just horrible last night. And Mary J?? I like you, but don't take on Zeppelin. And not just "A" Zeppelin song, but "The" Zeppelin song. Don't ever do that again.

I like Shania Twain, but has she really recorded enough songs to make her a theme??

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/23/10 01:01 AM

AI has been a bore for me this year. I caught snippets last night. I would like Fergie to put me in leg lock, yeow! Wanda Sykes is tooooooo.....?? But she was funny.
I hope I don't have to go to the Idol show this year at Boardwalk Hall panic

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/25/10 04:04 AM

VFTW has Siobhan now. I think she sings ok she just dresses weird.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/28/10 02:27 AM

I didn't understand the tongue bath the judges gave Siobhan. I thought she was out of tune and shrieky. My favorite two performances were Casey and Lee. Otherwise, a sea of meh. I didn't even love Crystal tonight.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/28/10 02:44 AM

I didn't get to watch it tonight. My in-laws drove 2 hours to my house to make me a couple days worth of food for supper so I wouldn't have to cook during this sad time for me.

How was big Mike?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/28/10 07:57 AM

Top 6 - The Music of Shania Twain
Code:
B+  Casey    "Don't"
B   Aaron    "You've Got A Way"
B-  Mike     "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"
C+  Lee      "You're Still The One"
C-  Crystal  "No One Needs To Know"
D+  Siobhan  "Any Man of Mine"

Lee was a little boring; didn't feel it.
R: A little pitchy, pretty good; E: Better than pretty good; K: Relevant, good job; S: Perfect song, hesitant in the beginning

Mike had good vox, better than recent weeks.
R: Found zone, great job; E: Like Luther Vandross, beautiful; K: Connection, great job; S: A little 'wet' (girly) [huh?]

Casey was in his element. Good, but original? Could be a radio hit today, tho.
R: One of your best; E: Beautiful, best to date; K: Vulnerable, raw - keep it up; S: Your best so far

Crystal was out of her element. Not feeling country from her. Her worst?
R: Not favorite; E: Nothing you can't do; K: Impossible not to be good, believable; S: limp, coffee shop, no connection

Aaron - I liked it, he had a good voice. Surprising.
R: Really good, a country artist [huh?]; E: Emotion, depth, maturity; K: Really felt it; S: Struggled last week, tonight you're different, sincere, believable

Siobhan should have been better, but wasn't. Some bad parts. Her worst, by far, and I like her in general.
R: Loved it; E: Good, fantastic; K: Guess who's back!; S: Liked song, scream too much, fun.

Okay, so, we're obviously getting down to the wire. Some favorite has to go. Based on this week alone, despite the judges praise, I'd say Siobhan. But I otherwise generally like her. I also generally like Aaron, but he's obviously the weakest in this group (and by weakest, I mean he has the least Star Power. In fact, he has none at all). Crystal disappointed me this week, but she's not going anywhere. Mike rebounded, and barely beat out Lee (for me). Casey is the obvious front runner.

My B3 for the week = Siobhan, Crystal, Lee
My B3 overall at this point = Aaron, Siobhan, Mike
My B3 prediction = Siobhan, Aaron, Lee
My B2 prediction = Siobhan, Aaron
My B1 prediction = Siobhan

BUT all the judges praised her. Why? I don't know. One big final note does not an American Idol make.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/29/10 01:08 AM

I didn't understand the tongue bath the judges gave Siobhan.

I'll sign up for the Kara tongue bath, thank you.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/29/10 01:57 AM

She is hot, MC, I have to give her that.

Well, buh-bye Siobhan. You had so much promise, yet you crapped out after those initial terrific performances.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/29/10 02:17 AM

I didn't understand the tongue bath the judges gave Siobhan.

I'll sign up for the Kara tongue bath, thank you.

I was thinking the same exact thing! lol

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/29/10 02:50 AM

She is hot, MC, I have to give her that.

Well, buh-bye Siobhan. You had so much promise, yet you crapped out after those initial terrific performances.

Later Siobhan. You are a beautiful girl who can sing good.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 04/29/10 05:20 AM

Results

Rascal Flatts perform "Unstoppable"

Three groups of 2:
Siobhan in Group 1, Aaron in Group 2, Mike in Group 3
Lee in Group 1, Casey in Group 3, Crystal in Group 2

Siobhan is moved to Group 3, which are the Bottom 3

Sons of Sylvia perform "Love Left To Lose" -- OMG! These are The Clark Brothers from The Next Great American Band competition in 2007 and I thought they were great then. Not so much now.

Lady Antebellum (nice name - it's always good to pick something memorable and easy to spell) performs "Need You Now"

Rascal Flatts backs up Shakira in something awful.

B3 = Mike, Casey (My #1 pick for the week!), Siobhan. Mike is safe.
B2 = Casey & Siobhan. Siobhan's out (I actually felt a bit sad, though I did have her in last place this week -- right again ;)), but of course Casey deserves to go on.

It's getting tougher and tougher. 5 left.

Next Week: Harry Connick Jr mentors for SINATRA WEEK (Hear that, TIS?? wink )

Last week I thought Aaron's time was coming up fast, but he'll probably do well with Sinatra, and I wish him well. Big Mike's on a short leash, tho he's been pretty good the past couple weeks. Casey might have a problem, but he should beat out Lee. Crystal, well... Crystal.

Funny how the judges wanted/thought that it'd be a girl's year this year -- and it might well be -- but there's only 1 girl left!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/04/10 09:16 PM

I hope they don't butcher Sinatra up to bad tonight.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/04/10 09:40 PM

I hope they don't butcher Sinatra up to bad tonight.

Especially when they keep saying to keep things young and current, they pull out Old Blue Eyes? Should be interesting...

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/04/10 09:46 PM

I hope to see this Sinatra show. Each contestant gets to choose which Sinatra song he/she will do???? confused

I heard from my co-worker from the school. Andrew Garcia apparently came in to see his mom, and everyone treated him like a celeb. Even some students asked for his autograph. That's gotta be a good feeling.

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/04/10 10:33 PM

That's great TIS. Did your friend say how Andrew was doing since he got voted off?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/05/10 03:09 AM

Mig,

I understand he was disappointed (obviously) but I think he is happy for the chance.

Btw, I'm actually watching tonight's episode (for the Sinatra songs). Of course you guys have already seen it.

smile

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/05/10 03:57 AM

Believe it or not I watched the whole thing. grin. Here's my take. Oh, and did you all see Tina & Nancy in the audience??

1. Eric - Fly Me To The Moon - I love that song and I thought he did very well. He has a nice voice although I am not quite sure if it's changed yet. lol How old is this kid?

2.Casey - I liked the one or two other times I saw him perform, and I think he sounds good, but he wasn't that good on this song. I kind of agreed with the judges here.

3.Crystal - Summer Wind - Booooooo. It was awful. Something was out of whack. The music and the singing didn't jive at all to me. It sounded like a rehearsal and they were tuning up or something. tongue

4. Michael - The Way You Look Tonight - An ok performance IMHO. Michael has a nice smooth voice, but this song was too bla or something. I can't put my finger on it. I like Sinatra's version much better. I don't understand why the judges all fawned over him for this performance anyway.

5.Lee - That's Life - Another one of my favorite Sinatra songs. I really think this is a brave choice for a novice to choose. He didn't do too badly though.

Oh, and fwiw, that Kera or Kara or whatever her name is, is a bitch. rolleyes I forgot who she was, but she loves to hear herself talk and loves to tell people to find themselves or shine thru or some bullshit. She blows big time.

All and all, no outstanding performances to me, but I'd go with the first performer, Eric. smile

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/05/10 06:23 AM

Top 5 - Sinatra Songs, w/ Harry Connick, Jr

I really didn't expect anyone to blow me away this week, except that maybe Aaron and Mike would fit in the best. One slightly disappointed, the other was okay at best. Really tough to be "current" with Sinatra, and only one of the five delivered that, IMHO:

Code:
B+  Lee     "That's Life"
B   Mike    "The Way You Look Tonight"
B-  Crystal "Summer Wind"
C   Casey   "Blue Skies"
C-  Aaron   "Fly Me To The Moon"

Funny how my ratings went in order, from worst to best, in order of performance. But it's more complicated than that.

Aaron did "okay", but I didn't feel it, and I thought it was a little pitchy.
R: Really good job; E: Really pulled that off, beautiful; K: Good, but not as strong as last week, need more charisma; S: No conviction, but tried hard

Casey was obviously out of his element, but decent vocals.
R: Worst performance, pitchy; E: Felt stiff; K: Took too long to relax, vibrato sounds like a lamb; S: Not fantastic, looked embarrassed and awkward

Okay, so right away I thought they're picking their favorites. They've always liked Aaron (I have, mostly, at least lately), but Aaron has ZERO star quality. I thought Casey did a bit better than Aaron, but judges hated it. As usual. Anyway...

Crystal's performance seemed awkward, with some timing issues. Decent vocals, but a snoozefest.
R: Subdued, sleepy; E: Impressive, many different sides; K: Kinda liked it, phrasing issue; S: Second half better than first, "okay", didn't use opportunity to win it

Mike SHOULD HAVE nailed it, but didn't. Everyone so far sounded shaky, including Big Mike.
R: Unbelievable, in it to win it; E: Most comfortable, look/sound the part; K: Took us on a journey but didn't lose self; S: First three contestants were okay until now, fantastic

Again, what were the judges listening to?? But then there was...

Lee did great, reminded me of Billy Joel again and often. Best of the night.
R: Stayed your rocker self, loved it; E: If this was the finale you would've won it; K: You can win this thing (if you believe); S: 110% by far best of the night.

Well, at least we agree there.

Now, who's to go home? My B3 is Aaron, Casey and Crystal. Crystal isn't going anywhere. Casey has been on the verge for a couple weeks now, so it's possible. I think it'll boil down to who has the most fans, Aaron or Casey. Aaron will NOT win this, tho Casey has a chance. Aaron probably should go home next, and it'd be a shame no matter who does have to leave at this point, but it's his time.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/05/10 06:28 AM

1. Eric - Fly Me To The Moon - I love that song and I thought he did very well. He has a nice voice although I am not quite sure if it's changed yet. lol How old is this kid?

All and all, no outstanding performances to me, but I'd go with the first performer, Eric. smile

Eric (aka, Aaron ;)) just turned 17. As I said above, he's "okay" but has no star quality at all. And as much as I root for him to do well, I just don't think he did very well tonight (when you compare his performance to past years at Top 5 caliber, it wasn't good; yet neither was anyone else besides Lee IMHO)

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/05/10 10:59 AM

I thought Harry was the best mentor all season. He seemed to take a better interest into the remaining five.

Big Mike and lee were the best of the night. Aaron was boring. Casey and Crystal were out of their element.

b-3 Casey, Aaron, Mike
(I don't want Mike in the b-3 but he's been in it alot lately.)

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/05/10 02:11 PM

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I thought that Crystal did very well. I thought it was a subtle and elegant performance. Here's my ranking of the performances, from best to worst:

Lee
Big Mike
Crystal
Aaron
Casey

Should go home: Aaron
Will go home: Casey

I just think that Aaron has a bigger fan base.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/05/10 02:13 PM

This review says Ole Blue Eyes would be crying if he heard the show.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36949213/ns/today-entertainment/

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/05/10 02:23 PM

Not sure where to put this, in "Glee" or here, but this article (which I got from reading yours, Beth), is that "AI" contestants are looking worse and worse when stacked up against the performances on "Glee". Granted, many of the performers on "Glee" are professionals, like Matt Morrison and Lea, but many of them aren't, like Chris Colfer, Amber Riley (who was rejected by "Idol", btw, which isn't mentioned in this article) and Cory Monteith.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36791809/ns/today-entertainment/

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/05/10 02:30 PM

Heck, I think Glee sound better than some professionals, like Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus. I think Chris sounds great in the solos he's had. Cory, I agree has the cuteness, but he doesn't have a strong voice.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/05/10 02:34 PM

Cory was never a singer, and he admits that. Even his audition video wasn't him singing, it was him playing the drums. That said, he has gotten much better, or they're picking songs that are more suited to his voice.

Anyway, don't want to hijack the AI thread! Um, Crystal Bowersox for the win!! I really would like to see her and Lee in the finale. Methinks that Lee is too similar to Kris Allen for the AI machine. They really wanted a female winner this year, and Crystal is the last gal standing.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/06/10 03:38 AM

Results

32 Million votes...

Top 5 Sinatra medley was pretty good

Lee, is safe

Lady GAGa performs "Alejandro" (why??)
Harry Connick performs the Beatles' "And I Love Her" pretty well
Top 5 do a medley of HC Jr songs

Crystal & Casey vs Mike & Aaron

Lee is asked which group is bottom, and he tactfully refuses to choose

Mike & Aaron B2... Aaron's gone. (Called it again)

Next Week: Songs from The Movies

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/06/10 03:44 AM

Results

32 Million votes...

Top 5 Sinatra medley was pretty good

Lee, is safe

Lady GAGa performs "Alejandro" (why??)
Harry Connick performs the Beatles' "And I Love Her" pretty well
Top 5 do a medley of HC Jr songs

Crystal & Casey vs Mike & Aaron

Lee is asked which group is bottom, and he tactfully refuses to choose

Next Week: Songs from The Movies

$20 the song from titanic is played

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/06/10 03:55 AM

$20 the song from titanic is played

This isn't Glee... give me your address or PayPal account so I can collect tongue

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/06/10 04:00 AM

Haven't you been right all along?

I predict Mike & Casey b-2 next week.

Before Tuesdays performance vftw was Mike. After the performance the pick was Casey.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/06/10 04:04 AM

I can't predict next week before it happens, but yeah, I've been pretty spot-on picking per week wink As of right now, I can see Mike vs Casey, too... down to the wire now... Top 4 !!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/06/10 04:08 AM

BTW, Jamie Foxx again as next week's mentor? Didn't write it down so can't be sure lol

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/12/10 02:02 AM

Loved Crystal. Loved her duet with Lee. The rest? Terrible for this point in the contest.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/12/10 03:47 AM

I just happen to be watching. It's still on here. I agree with SB about the duet with Crystal & Lee. Casey just sang Mrs. Robinson. I thought that was the best performance so far. The kid's got a nice voice and although the original can't be beaten, he did a nice job with his arrangement. smile

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/12/10 07:26 AM

Top 4 - Movie Songs w/ Jaime Foxx

Agreed. Not a great week for solo performances, but one -- and only one -- duet ranked up there with the best of the season.

Code:
B   Crystal  "I'm All Right"
B-  Casey    "Mrs. Robinson"
C   Lee      "Kiss From A Rose"
C-  Mike     "Will You Be There"

B+  Crystal & Lee  "Falling Slowly"
C+  Casey & Mike   "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman"

Lee solo was okay, not exciting/blah, but still a good voice.
R: Did nothing with it, pitchy, just okay; E: Could've done more, love it; K: Difficult song, got lost, you're still great; S: Verging on karaoke, trying too hard to sound like original

Mike was good, but his choice was pretty safe.
R: Didn't love this, a'ight; E: Consistently good, predictable; K: Played it safe, no goose bumps; S: Gave it 100%, meant it

Crystal & Lee then do "Falling Slowly" with really good harmonies. Lee should have done this solo and blown everyone away!
R: Great, amazing; E: Great; K: One of favorite moments of the season; S: Fantastic

Casey was okay, good vox, but didn't blow me away. Jason C didn't win with a uke.
R: Sounded cool, laid back; E: Should have gone further; K: Vulnerable, out of comfort zone, good choice; S: Not enough substance for tonight, could've made more of an impact

Crystal was also predictable, but did her thing well.
R: An artist, nice job; E: Made the song better; K: Agree w/ Randy & Ellen; S: Back in the game

Casey & Mike duet wasn't nearly as harmonic as the other one, okay, good guitar, but didn't always quite click together like Crystal & Lee
R: Nice one, really good; E: Yes, I have (ever really loved a woman); K: Duets tonight incredible; S: Million times better than solos

Every week I say it's getting tougher, and that's gonna become more true the next couple weeks. I originally had Lee at C- and Mike C until I heard them again at the end and switched them. Lee shouldn't go -- he should be in the finale with Crystal. Mike or Casey should go, and I think it should be Mike's turn first (sorry if his goal was Top 3 - who knows, he may make it, but he's my bottom pick this week)

Bon Jovi tomorrow!! cool

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/12/10 08:33 PM

I was bored with this week's show. I will be surprised if mike stays this week.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/13/10 02:05 AM

Results

Third-season winner Fantasia performs "Bittersweet"

Casey is safe.

Fifth-season fourth-place finalist Daughtry performs "September"

Lee is safe.

Bon Jovi performs "Superman Tonight"

Crystal is safe.

Sadly, but predictably, Big Mike doesn't make the Top 3. He'll be on Ellen tomorrow Friday.

Congrats to Casey, Lee, and Crystal! They will be visiting their hometowns this week to wild fanfare.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/13/10 02:10 AM

I was sad to see Big Mike leave. I hope we will be able to hear from him again. Did Casey make it cuz he's good enough or was it he was VFTW?

Next Wednesday will be interesting.

I wonder if Beth watched it to see Bon Jovi?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/13/10 07:22 PM

How's Ellen working out?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/13/10 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
How's Ellen working out?

I think she's been pretty good. I take back my questions I had before this season started. wink

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/13/10 07:39 PM

I was shocked the other night. Ellen actually made a lesbian joke!

I like her a great deal. She's funny and adds something that the show was missing. Simon's been phoning it in all season, and Randy is a moron. I don't particularly like Kara, since her advice rarely makes any sense.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/13/10 08:19 PM

Just looked up what's in store for next week:

Tue: Each contestant will sing two songs – judges’ choice and finalist’s choice.
Wed: Travis Garland & Justin Bieber perform.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/13/10 11:07 PM

Is it the phone in votes that determine the final winners too? Or, do the judges? confused

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/14/10 12:38 AM

The votes alone determine the winner. I believe that the judges try to steer audience members to their favorite contestants with their comments, but it's ultimately up to the audience.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/14/10 01:39 AM

Wed: Travis Garland & Justin Bieber perform.

Who is Travis Garland?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/14/10 04:06 AM

Who is Travis Garland?

Not sure. Some ex-boyband guy.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/19/10 07:26 PM

Top 3 - Contestants' & Judges' Choices

It's pretty evident to me who should win it all now.

Contestants' Choice
Code:
B   Lee     "Simple Man"
C+  Crystal "Come To My Window"
C   Casey   "OK, It's Alright With Me"

Casey had good vox, and was in his comfort zone. But bad song choice.
R: 'All right for me' too, safe; E: It's live or die, didn't bring it; K: Song choice didn't work; S: Salad course of dinner, dud song choice, but sounded good

Crystal is good, but is no Melissa Etheridge. Seemed weak in spots.
R: Loved vocal, it worked; E: Comfort zone, she'd be proud, K: Fighting, good but not strong; S: You haven't compromised yourself, honest, congrats

Lee from the first note stood out, way better than the others, perfect song choice.
R: Great song choice, hot baby; E: You took this seriously; K: You showed us everything, Round 1 to Lee; S: Absolutely on the money, crushed the other two

Judges' Choice
Code:
B   Lee     "Hallelujah"  (Simon)
C+  Crystal "Maybe I'm Amazed" (Ellen)
C   Casey   "Daughters" (Randy & Kara)

Casey does what he does, and isn't bad. But does he even have a daughter?? Didn't click for me.
R: This fit you like a glove; E: Beautiful for you, liked it; K: Artistic side, vulnerable side; S: Lazy arrangement, sounded very good, no 'wow' factor

Crystal did well out of her comfort zone, but was disconnected from the lyrics for obvious reasons ("Baby I'm a man and maybe you're the only woman")
R: Great song, great vox, in it to win it; E: You did it; K: Showed new parts of voice, risks paid off; S: You've got soul, terrific

I was nervous about "Hallelujah" as I now consider it a Jason Castro song, but Lee did it proud. Here's your winner, folks!
R: Threw down the real gauntlet, biggest moment, unbelievable; E: Stunning; K: What this show is all about, owned the entire night; S: Very proud of you, you are a fantastic singer and great person

The judges have been trying to push Crystal so much, but Lee's performances couldn't go unnoticed. Lee and Crystal for the finale!

And what happened to all the hometown footage? I guess we'll see that tonight? I don't remember...

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/20/10 01:00 AM

Just watched last night's episode. I was disappointed in Crystal's performances. I don't think she brought it, as she should have. Lee was the best of the night, but who wouldn't be with a beautiful song like "Hallelujah", a fabulous orchestral arrangement, and a gospel choir as backup??

Casey phoned it in, and it's a shame. He's got a very nice voice.

Btw, dialidol.com has Lee with the most votes and Casey going home. Let's see if they're right!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/20/10 02:14 AM

Results

We visit Texas w/ Casey

Travis Garland performs "Believe"

Off to Toledo, OH, with Crystal
Visit to Chicago w/ Lee

Justin Bieber performs

Lee is safe and in the finale.
So is Crystal. Casey goes home.

Good luck, guys!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/20/10 02:34 AM

Casey got the boot??? Too bad. I think I liked him the best. I'll go out on a limb... I'm guessing Lee will win. (Ha ha 50/50 chance I'm right) (I live on the edge) lol

Annie

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/20/10 10:47 AM

I'm guessing Lee will win. (Ha ha 50/50 chance I'm right) (I live on the edge) lol

You're a wild woman, aren't you??? lol

I think this is the right Final Two. They're both talented, and I've liked them all season.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/21/10 02:10 AM

Do you think they will make more of a big deal that this will be Simon's last show or who will actually win it.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/21/10 03:30 AM

They won't even allude to it being Simon's last show. No reason to.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/21/10 03:36 AM

Well I don't know too much about Simon leaving (or maybe too much of anything for that matter) tongue . I didn't even know his leaving was definite.

Anyway, I was listening to the radio this morning and they said a rumor was that someone named David Corey was going to take his place. I don't know who that is, or if it's true, but the rumor is there.

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/21/10 03:48 AM

Never heard of David Corey, and apparently neither has Google. eek

Simon is to be on The Oprah Winfrey Show tonight (1:06AM ET? Really??) to "reflect on his time as a judge on ``American Idol'' and discuss what is next for him"

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/21/10 03:55 AM

Never heard of David Corey, and apparently neither has Google. eek

Simon is to be on The Oprah Winfrey Show tonight (1:06AM ET? Really??) to "reflect on his time as a judge on ``American Idol'' and discuss what is next for him"

Hmmm Well I haven't either. I know he's "somebody" because they called him from the radio station. He said he hadn't been asked "yet" and sort of left it a mystery. Evidently, he is quite a mystery. lol Probably just a rumor or just misleading info. Btw, it could be Kory.

Actually I don't really care who takes Simon's place. Actually, I don't know why I'm even mentioning it. lol

Have a good evening Geoff!!!

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/21/10 03:37 PM

Ok, the L.A. radio station is talking about it again. Apparently, it's David Coury and from what I gather he's a rapper (no wonder I don't know who he is). Anyway, they said he "wants" to do it if he gets the same money as Simon. The thing is, they say, nobody asked him. rolleyes They mentioned PDiddy but that's not his real name is it? confused

TIS

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/21/10 04:45 PM

Maybe they said David Crosby? Far out dude.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/24/10 05:55 PM

'Idol' finalist can't wait to reveal her own songs
Quote:
By JOHN SEEWER, Associated Press Writer – Mon May 24, 6:12 am ET

ELLISTON, Ohio – Long before adopting the dreadlocks, "American Idol" finalist Crystal Bowersox discovered what she needed to make sense of the world.

She calls it her comfort blanket — her guitar — and has been dragging it around ever since finding her mom's six-string while snooping for Christmas presents when she was just 10-years-old.

There's been one with her nearly every step, in Toledo's smoky dive bars and Chicago's subway stations, helping her navigate through plenty of hard times.
Her parents divorced when she was a toddler, leaving her bouncing among several homes. She was diagnosed with diabetes in the second grade and struggled to stay out of hospitals.

And after leaving home at age 17, she ended up in Chicago singing for rent money in coffee houses and blues clubs before coming back home pregnant and broke.

"To put her thoughts to music, that I'm sure was an escape," said one of her mentors, Bobby May, who gave her the chance to sing between his sets in bars around Toledo when she was barely a teen.

Even at that young age, he said, Bowersox wasn't intimidated by her surroundings. "Once you get into the music, you can block out any distractions," May said.

(Cont'd)

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/24/10 06:08 PM

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/24/10 06:18 PM

Billboard.com can't seem to make up their mind (except when it comes to whether they can fit one more bloody ad on their site):

Why Lee DeWyze Will Win 'American Idol'

Why Crystal Bowersox Will Win 'American Idol'

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/26/10 01:33 AM

If Crystal doesn't win, then there's no justice. Lee's performances were simply OK, but Crystal was simply amazing.

Did I miss something, or was there no coronation song??? confused

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/26/10 02:03 AM

If Crystal doesn't win, then there's no justice.

For justice you must go to Don Corleone.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/26/10 02:10 AM

Lee stunk. Crystal was very good, and her last song bordered on great. If America has any taste, they will vote her the winner. However, nothing would surprise me after the suckitude that was this season.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/26/10 07:32 AM

TOP 2 FINALE

Each did three songs:
1) Contestant's favorite of the season
2) Exec Producer Simon Fuller's choice
3) Their potential first single

Contestant's favorite of the season
Code:
B+  Crystal  "Me And Bobby McGee"
B-  Lee      "The Boxer"

Lee got a B last time, but this sounded quite boring to me.
R: Nice, [but] pick it up; E: Better than the first time; K: Punch harder, believable; S: Expected a lot more passion and excitement

Crystal got an A- last time; still (too) predictable, but well done
R: Started slow, dope; E: So compelling, stunning; K: Loved it, fire in your belly; S: Back on your best, have a competition

Exec Producer Simon Fuller's choice
Code:
B+  Crystal  "Black Velvet"
B   Lee      "Everybody Hurts"

Lee was okay, not blowing me away. And a little pitchy
R: Liked it, a lot better; E: Got into it then pulled back; K: Emotionally accessible; S: Brilliant choice, want a '10 out of 10' next time

Crystal is in it to win it
R: What I'm talking about; E: Fan-tastic; K: You want it, you can tell; S: Absolutely nailed it

Their first single, if they win it...
Code:
B   Crystal  "Up To The Mountain"
C-  Lee      "Beautiful Day"

Lee doesn't have it tonight frown Pitchy
R: "Good On You"[?]; E: Proud of you, great job; K: Good and not so good moments; S: You've worked hard, You're a great guy

Crystal, a folk song for the win? Okay - but it should've rocked
R: What this show's about, one of your best, unbelievable; E: A league of your own; beautiful voice; K: Completely emotionally invested, amazing; S: By far the best performance and song of the night, outstanding (Simon's very last word in his AI judging career)

The UK Pop Idol Will Young performed "Leave Right Now" during an Idol Season 9 video tribute

--

Either can/should win this. The last few weeks Lee poured it on while Crystal slumped. But tonight "Mamasox" blew the windows out and should win it tomorrow.

I'll be happy with either one -- they'll both do fine after this.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 12:51 AM

Season Finale Notes

Quick visits to Toledo, OH (for Crystal) and Mt Prospect, IL (for Lee)

Top 12 perform "School's Out" with Alice Cooper

Last year's winner Kris Allen sings "The Truth"

A tribute to Simon Cowell

Siobhan & Aaron perform "How Deep Is Your Love" w/ Robin & Barry Gibb

Big Mike sings "Taking It To The Street" w/ Michael McDonald

Dane Cook sings a song of Simon Cowell insults ("Simon Said").

Idol Girls sing "Beautiful" and "Makes Me Wanna Pray" by Christina Aguilera, who then sings [something]

Ricky Gervais, via satellite, with some kind words for Simon

Idol Boys sing "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)" & "Maneater" before Hall & Oats sing "You Make My Dream Come True"

Back to Huntington Center in Toledo, then Crystal sings "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette, then "You Outta Know" with her

Season 4 winner Carrie Underwood sings "Undo It" (co-written by Kara)

Kris Allen presents Lee and Crystal with their own self-designed 2011 Ford Fiestas

Casey James sings "Every Rose Has Its Thorns" with Poison's Bret Michaels (Wow, I guess he's okay)

Lee sings a medley of hits with Chicago

Back to The Village Green in Mt. Prospect

More on Simon Cowell, "The Flirt"

General Larry Platt does "Pants on the Ground" ...with William Hung whistle

More on Simon with Paula Abdul, who then takes the stage with an uncomfortable talk

All past Idol winners (except David Cook) and many other past contestants sing "Together We Are One"

Simon takes the stage and speaks to say thanks

Top 10 sing [something] to introduce Janet Jackson who sings "Nothing" and "Nasty Boys"

A look back at Lee and Crystal's journey

Crystal and Lee sing "With A Little Help From My Friends" w/ Joe Cocker

AND THE WINNER IS.....

Click to reveal..

Lee!!!!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 01:13 AM

Christina Aguilera was excellent. She's one of the few singers of her era who can actually sing.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 02:05 AM

Lee? How is that possible? Crystal kicked his ass last night. Crystal kicked his ass all season.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 02:16 AM

I am a huge fan of both, and would have been glad to see either one of them win. Either way, they both have a great future ahead of them. They should both be proud. clap

I came on here to see the results because I won't be home to watch it when it comes on over here! lol

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 02:20 AM

Lee? How is that possible? Crystal kicked his ass last night. Crystal kicked his ass all season.

luckly the runner ups mostly have a better career than those who won. crystal will easily get a contract.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 02:22 AM

I liked Lee, too. However, there's no doubt in my mind that Crystal was superior in every way - vocally, stage presence and personality. I was sick of hearing how shy Lee was. Grow up! You're a star now!!

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 02:35 AM

As far as pure talent, I agree, Crystal is in a league of her own. But I think Lee won for two reasons:

1) He is great.

2) He has a more commercial sound than Crystal, and therefore he appeals to a broader audience. Seriously, how much of Idol's core audience do you think had ever heard the song "Me and Bobby McGhee" before Crystal sang it? I bet most of them don't even know who Janis Joplin is.

Lee has a more commercial sound, a more commercial look, and it doesn't hurt that he is good.

But I agree that Crystal was the more talented singer AND performer.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 05:22 AM

DeWyze triumphs over Bowersox on `American Idol'
Quote:
By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer – 55 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Lee DeWyze, a paint store clerk who overcame his shyness to impress "American Idol" judges and viewers with his spirit and soulful voice, triumphed Wednesday over bluesy musician Crystal Bowersox in the contest's ninth season.

When asked by host Ryan Seacrest how he felt, an emotional DeWyze said, "I don't know. It's amazing, thank you, guys, so much ... I love you. Crystal, I love you."

The finalists had closely matched fan bases, with just a 2 percent voting gap between them coming into the finale, Seacrest said. DeWyze's victory was based on votes cast after Tuesday's performance show, which drew more judges' compliments for Bowersox, 24, of Toledo, Ohio, than for DeWyze, also 24, of Mount Prospect, Ill.

The total number of votes cast in the finale weren't announced by Seacrest. That's a departure from most years past: Last season, for example, the high-profile contest between Kris Allen and Adam Lambert drew 100 million phone and text message votes.

Fox didn't comment on the omission. But "Idol," although still TV's top-rated show, has seen audience erosion this season that could have affected the tally. The talented but low-key Bowersox and DeWyze might also have provoked less interest.

Backstage, Bowersox was downright Zen about the results.

"I knew Lee was going to win. People seemed surprised by that, but I just had a feeling. I couldn't be happier for him. He deserves every minute of this," she said, looking as calm and cheerful as she has throughout the season.

She viewed the outcome as "winner and non-winner," not winner and loser.

"Both of us are going to have very successful careers and we're going to be friends for a long time," she said of DeWyze.

Before the show, DeWyze was equally philosophical: "Whether I win, which will be amazing, or I came in second, this is a new beginning for me career-wise and in my life," he said.

The finale made the most of Simon Cowell's last appearance as a judge. A film package recounting highlights from the Cowell years was shown and comedian Dane Cook came on stage to sing "Simon Says," made up of the Brit's barbed comments, and to crack a few jokes.

"You have the honesty of Abe Lincoln and the charm of the guy who shot him," Cook told Cowell, who took the ribbing with a smile.

The walk down memory lane continued with ex-judge Paula Abdul, who often played Cowell's sparring partner during the seasons the shared.

"I've loved all the fun we've had together," Abdul told Cowell. "`American Idol's' not gonna be the same without you. But as only I can you, it will go on."

Cowell, in turn, shed his usual cool in an on-stage appearance.

"I didn't think I was going to be this emotional and I genuinely am. ... Everybody asks who's going to replace me, who going to be the next judge. The truth is," he told the audience, "you guys are the judge of this show and you've done an incredible job over the years."

The finale, as usual, was stuffed with humor, including the return of Larry "Pants on the Ground" Platt and William Hung, return appearances by former contestants and music stars.

Kris Allen, last year's winner, sang "The Truth," with Carrie Underwood, Michael McDonald, Christina Aguilera, Hall & Oates, Robin and Barry Gibb, Janet Jackson and Joe Cocker were among those whose performances were scattered throughout the two-hour show.

Bret Michaels, the ailing former Poison frontman and reality TV star, joined "Idol" finalist Casey James on one of the band's biggest hits, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

David Cook, a past "Idol" winner, was unable to attend because of a charity commitment, Fox said.

Bowersox, with a distinctive, Janis Joplinesque-voice and whose status as a single mom and warmth earned her the nickname "Mama Sox," had basked in praise Tuesday.

"You took that song and you absolutely nailed it," Cowell said of Bowersox's rendition of "Black Velvet," a song he said he's normally "allergic" to because it gets murdered.

The assessments of DeWyze were respectful but more measured — with Ellen DeGeneres the exception.

"Lee, I couldn't be prouder if I birthed you myself," she told him after he sang Simon and Garfunkel's "The Boxer."

DioGuardi admired DeWyze as an "emotionally accessible" singer after he performed R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts" as his second number, but Cowell urged him to try harder.

"When you come out for your last performance, I want a 10 out of 10, because you're capable of that," Cowell told him.

With U2's "Beautiful Day," Jackson welcomed hearing "the guy with the strong big rock voice" and DioGuardi said he had "one of the most commercial voices of the season" and deserved to be in the finale.

Cowell, who had pointed to DeWyze as the frontrunner before the finale performances, said that "American Idol" was designed for someone like DeWyze, who worked in a paint shop when he tried out for the show and needed a break.

DeWyze's first single will be "Beautiful Day," which he performed Tuesday.

Seacrest, who appeared to have an on-air testy relationship with Cowell this season, had only warm words for him Tuesday and Wednesday.

"We really are going to miss you. You are a dear friend and we wouldn't be here without you," Seacrest said.

Cowell isn't going far: He's going to produce and judge "The X Factor," a Fox version of his popular British talent contest.

___
___
Online: http://www.americanidol.com
___
AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen and AP Writer Natalie Rotman contributed to this story.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 05:33 AM

Simon Cowell feted during `American Idol' finale
Quote:
By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer – 2 hrs 12 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Simon Cowell was known for being nasty and mean to aspiring singers on "American Idol," but his final appearance on the show was a total lovefest.

The caustic judge was feted in film and in song during Wednesday's season finale, which saw shy paint clerk Lee DeWyze win the "Idol" title.

There was a montage of Cowell's meanest insults ("It sounded like cats jumping off the Empire State Building ... just before they hit the floor") and memorable exchanges with fellow judge Paula Abdul.

She returned to the show to pay respects to Cowell, saying their work together "brought me immeasurable joy."

"I love all the fun we had together, I love all the laughter we shared together," she said, adding that the show "is not going to be the same without you, but as only I can tell you, it will go on."

Comedian Dane Cook offered a musical tribute, melding Cowell's quips into a song.

"You have the honesty of Abe Lincoln and the charm of the guy who shot him," Cook quipped.

Cowell said he felt more emotional than he'd anticipated on his final "Idol" episode.

"I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support, the fun and your sense of humor," he said. "That's what's been the best part."

"It's been a blast," he continued. "Thank you."

Then he hugged host Ryan Seacrest and kissed Abdul on the head.

Cowell was a man of few words as an "American Idol" judge, but they were choice.

What he said helped turn a singing contest into a pop-culture force that dominates TV, even in its ninth season and with sliding viewership — and whose future is clouded by his departure after Wednesday's season finale.

Cowell was so colorful and biting in his criticism that it felt like a bracing slap in the face of the performers, viewers and social convention. Brits such as Cowell may be accustomed to candor but Americans tend to err on the side of cheery positive reinforcement (exhibit A: most utterances by Abdul) and fluff (Randy Jackson's repetitive "Yo!").

Most importantly, the music industry veteran was authoritative and mostly on target. With the intimidating hauteur of a snobbish wine steward, he steered viewers to the proper assessment of contestants.

"You sucked the soul out of that song," Cowell told Andrew Garcia after his performance this season of Marvin Gaye's "Heard It Through the Grapevine."

"It was like a musical, the bad part of the musical," he said to Didi Benami after she tackled Linda Ronstadt's "You're No Good."

He was key to the show's early success, said Tim Brooks, a TV historian (co-author of "The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows") and former network executive.

"His sarcastic — but knowledgeable — put-downs lifted the show from the traditional `Star Search' mold to something genuinely new on television, a talent show where not only was the competition fierce and the standards high but the judges were part of the entertainment," Brooks said in an e-mail.

Although viewers had a "love-hate" relationship with Cowell, Brooks said, "they knew he was the real deal, telling shaky contestants what they needed to hear."

His act wasn't all scowling Cowell. Handsome, with a penchant for snug T-shirts, he had a disarming wink for those he favored. And if he misjudged a gifted singer, it wasn't for long. Finalist Crystal Bowersox won an admission from Cowell that he had "completely underestimated" her as a serious artist.

"Simon's a rare bird. He's more honest than most people can handle, and I love that about him," Bowersox, 24, of Toledo, Ohio, said Monday.

Cowell believes in "not changing who you are, but taking what you're good at and making it better," said DeWyze, 24, of Mount Prospect, Ill.

The outgoing judge received more verbal hugs on Tuesday's broadcast.

"We really are going to miss you. You are a dear friend and we wouldn't be here without you," said Seacrest, who had a testy on-air relationship with Cowell this season.

Bowersox thanked Cowell for his help and wished him well before he weighed in on her performance of "Up on the Mountain," the last of the evening.

"Since this is going to be the final critique I'm ever gonna give, I would just like to say that was outstanding," Cowell said, ending his "Idol" judging run on a sweet note.

Throughout the series, Cowell scored with his "understanding of the music industry, his understanding of what it takes to be an artist," said industry analyst Shari Ann Brill.

Cowell, in turn, has been richly rewarded, making a reported $36 million a year for his work on "Idol" and founding his own TV empire.

After serving as a judge on British media mogul Simon Fuller's "Pop Idol" and helping sell the concept to Fox, Cowell went on to create a popular U.K. talent show, "The X Factor," a version of which is coming to Fox with Cowell as judge and executive producer. He's also a producer for NBC's "America's Got Talent."

On the music side, he's scored hits with singers including Leona Lewis, one of his U.K. talent show finds.

The big question for Fox and the producers of "American Idol" is how to follow his act. The man himself weighed in during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.

"You've got to have somebody on that panel who actually knows what they're talking about, because everyone is talking about casting the nasty person or this person or get another Brit in," Cowell told the talk show host.

___
___
EDITOR'S NOTE — Lynn Elber is a national television columnist for The Associated Press. She can be reached at lelber(at)ap.org
___
AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen contributed to this story.
___
Online: http://www.americanidol.com

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 06:01 AM

Ailing Bret Michaels performs on `Idol' finale
Quote:
By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer – 1 min ago

LOS ANGELES – Though he has suffered from life-threatening health problems in recent weeks, Bret Michaels appeared in fine form on the "American Idol" stage.

The ailing 47-year-old rocker and reality TV star sang and played guitar on Wednesday's star-studded season finale. The Poison frontman joined "Idol" finalist Casey James on one of the band's biggest hits, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

Michaels, who lives in Scottsdale, Ariz., won this season's "Celebrity Apprentice" show last Sunday, weeks after suffering a brain hemorrhage in April. He was hospitalized again May 20 for what doctors called a "warning stroke" and diagnosed with a hole in his heart.

Michaels said on his website this week that he plans to continue his tour, starting Friday in Biloxi, Miss.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 12:04 PM

Sorry I missed Chicago and Bret Michaels. I switched at one point to see the season finale of "Criminal Minds".

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 04:09 PM

I didn't get to see the show last night. Does anybody know of a website that I can watch it from beginning to end and not just bits and pieces?

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/27/10 05:35 PM

I didn't get to see the show last night. Does anybody know of a website that I can watch it from beginning to end and not just bits and pieces?

i believe hulu might have it...but, im not 100% sure.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/28/10 12:43 AM

Chicago is on a roll...Blackhawks, Biggest Loser winner, Mike Ventrella and now we boast an American Idol winner! My kind of town...

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/28/10 12:59 AM

Very interesting comments I've been reading on last night's show:

Everyone said that Paula was loopier than usual.

The acts that appeared were more for the 50 year old demographic than the 15 year olds.

If Simon is such a musical genius, why did he not grab JHud and Daughtry?

Why do they insist on trotting out Tatiana Del Toro and William Hung for every finale?

Whose butt is bigger - Janet Jackson's or Jennifer Lopez'?

Whoever choreographed Kris Allen next to Jordin Sparks was fired this morning.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 05/28/10 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Chicago is on a roll...Blackhawks, Biggest Loser winner, Mike Ventrella and now we boast an American Idol winner! My kind of town...

you left off lebron james, and the cubs winning the world series...just figured i let you know lol

Re: 2010 American Idol - 06/01/10 06:55 PM

FYI

I thought I'd update you on Andrew Garcia. It seems that he still is keeping busy entertaining, as it sounds like the 10 finalists do. I just received this e-mail from his mother today. smile

TIS

UPDATE ON ANDREW: Andrew did not win but he made it to the top 10 finalist which means he will be performing with the other 9 American Idols in about 50 performances all over the states and 2 in Canada . He has been in talk shows, commercials, performances and right now he is in NY. They will start rehearsals for the tour when he returns from NY. His first show starts July 1st and then through Sept. 14, 2010. Andrew will be performing at Staples Center in Los Angeles on 8/13 and Honda Center in Anaheim, California on 8/17/10. Those are the two local ones and the others are all out of state. It has been a rollercoaster, exciting, like a dream still. It is hard to keep up with him and we try to travel up to Hollywood with his fiancé and my grandson to see him as much as possible. He is really busy and I miss him very much but I am very proud of his accomplishment. I have never seen so many movie stars, singers in all my life from attending the shows.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 06/01/10 07:08 PM

Thanks for the update, TIS! Did you ever ask her how she felt seeing herself on national TV? wink

Re: 2010 American Idol - 06/22/10 04:57 AM

'American Idol' lowers age eligibility
Quote:
Mon Jun 21, 8:42 pm ET

LOS ANGELES – The next "American Idol" may not be able to drive a car.

Fox said in a statement Monday that the age eligibility to audition for the upcoming 10th season of the singing competition would be lowered from 16 to 15 years old. The maximum age to audition remains 28.

"American Idol" executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz said in a statement that "a lot of young, talented people are now seeking careers and representation before they turn 16."

Auditions for the next season will begin July 17 in Nashville, Tenn. Other audition cities include Milwaukee, New Orleans, San Francisco, East Rutherford, N.J., and Austin, Texas.

OMG! They acknowledged NJ, rather than calling it NY! eek rolleyes

Re: 2010 American Idol - 06/22/10 05:00 PM

Too bad we're too old. Just a drive up the Parkway / Tpke....

A sign that Idol is fading, maybe?. The Idol is coming to Atlantic City again, but not to Boardwalk Hall, but to the Taj Mahal. The Taj venue seats about half of B.H. I wonder if it was a booking conflict or just not enough interest. I went to the B.H. show last year and it was sold out. B.H. does have a busy schedule this summer.

Re: 2010 American Idol - 07/11/10 04:05 PM

Why don't I remember this, considering it happened HERE??

NJ man indicted in death of ex-'Idol' contestant
Quote:
Sat Jul 10, 1:54 pm ET

TOMS RIVER, N.J. – A New Jersey man has been indicted in the hit-and-run death of a former "American Idol" contestant whose angry rejection rant became an Internet sensation.

Ocean County prosecutors say Alexis Cohen was killed in Seaside Heights on July 25, 2009, when she was struck by a motor vehicle driven by 24-year-old Daniel Bark of Toms River.

At the time, Bark allegedly was fleeing from police, who tried to stop him following an earlier car accident. He was arrested the next day and later charged with drunken driving.

Bark faces charges including aggravated manslaughter in the indictment handed up Thursday by a county grand jury. He remains jailed on $150,000 bail.

Cohen, a 25-year-old Allentown, Pa., resident, performed during the seventh season of "American Idol."

American Idol: Alexis Cohen's killer Daniel Bark indicted

Re: 2010 American Idol - 07/30/10 04:57 PM

Oh, man...

Oli posted elsewhere that Ellen won't be coming back ("Ellen DeGeneres' Exit From 'American Idol' Divides Fans"), and now Kara DioGuardi Reportedly Out At 'American Idol'!!

That just leaves Randy, with rumors saying perhaps J-Lo and Steven Tyler filling the 3-judge panel.

Is this the beginning of the end for Idol?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET