Home

Kennedy Coverage on History Channel

Posted By: AppleOnYa

Kennedy Coverage on History Channel - 10/18/09 08:14 PM

Not sure why they're doing it this month as opposed to November...but History Channel is again showing some very interesting documentaries on JFK assassination as well as previously aired Kennedy programs.

Most recent, which premiered last weekend is '3 Shots that Changed America'...a chronological account of the assassination and aftermath and decade long investigations, told only via local and national newsclips/soundbites.

Tonight's premiere focuses on the first 24 hours after JFK's death...transition of power to Lyndon Johnson.

I'm generally fascinated by anything 'Kennedy' (current generation excluded), especially the President's death. So it's always interesting to see how many angles people think of to look at these stories.

Apple
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Kennedy Coverage on History Channel - 10/18/09 08:43 PM

I saw that "3 shots that changed America" last night. It was interesting for a lot of reasons, not least of which was to see so many women wearing those "cat eye glasses" (is that what they were called?). In family pics I see my mother and other female relatives wearing them.

Re: Kennedy Coverage on History Channel - 10/18/09 08:57 PM

LOL...have to admit that one of the things my 10yr old noticed was the rather 'poofy' 1963 hairdos, not to mention the kercheif's worn to protect them from the wind!!

Apple
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Kennedy Coverage on History Channel - 10/18/09 09:37 PM

what the hell...i didnt expect this till november...either they are desperate with ratings to have it sooner or they have something else planned.

Re: Kennedy Coverage on History Channel - 10/18/09 09:52 PM

It's being touted by History Channel as 'Kennedy Declassified Week'.

My bet it that they will rerun all of this as the Nov. 22nd anniversary draws near.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET