Home

Italians Own Hollywood

Posted By: DiMaggio68

Italians Own Hollywood - 10/16/09 11:50 PM

This is actual proof that us Italian Americans rule Hollywood. wink

Look at how many Italian actors and actresses we have. I knew there was a lot of them, but not this many. The Jews think they have a lot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_American_actors

Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/17/09 12:13 AM

funny how the actors of the godfather movies have there own section

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/17/09 12:30 AM

You got that right. Even the Sopranos actors have their own section. I didn't know Ray Liotta was not Italian at all.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/17/09 01:04 AM

Not surprising. According to Wiki, the Italian-American total is triple that of Jewish-Americans.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/17/09 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: DiMaggio68
You got that right. Even the Sopranos actors have their own section. I didn't know Ray Liotta was not Italian at all.

i thought he was too
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/17/09 02:43 PM

Look at how many Italian actors and actresses we have. I knew there was a lot of them, but not this many. The Jews think they have a lot.

Yeah, but it's all relative.

In the 2000 U.S. Census, Italian-Americans constituted the fifth largest ancestry group in America with about 15.6 million people (5.6% of the total U.S. population).

The American-Jewish population was estimated to be approximately 5,128,000 (1.7% of the total U.S. population). However, it may be as high as 6,444,000 (2.2%) today.

So the bottom line is that there are about three times as many Italian-Americans in the United States as there are Jewish-Americans. So it makes sense that there would be more of them at any given endeavor.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/17/09 03:14 PM

Interesting! Some surprise me. Chad Allen? Susan Sarandon? Oh, and I forgot which person but...1/8 Italian? Now, that's doing your homework. smile

I had a friend way back who was German and a Springsteen lover. He claimed that Bruce was German like him, but not according to this. confused I admit, I thought he was too.

Speaking as a full Italian(Sicilian) I'll just say proudly, "Italians rule!!" tongue

TIS

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/17/09 04:27 PM

...ah, but then we have the Italians who play Jews (Jon Turturro), and the Jews who played Italians (Edward G. Robinson, Paul Muni)... wink

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/17/09 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Interesting! Some surprise me. Chad Allen? Susan Sarandon? Oh, and I forgot which person but...1/8 Italian? Now, that's doing your homework. smile

I had a friend way back who was German and a Springsteen lover. He claimed that Bruce was German like him, but not according to this. confused I admit, I thought he was too.

Speaking as a full Italian(Sicilian) I'll just say proudly, "Italians rule!!" tongue

TIS

I know what you mean. It's really interesting to find out that actors who you wouldn't even expect have Italian blood have some. I think it was Chistina Ricci who has the 1/8 Italian.

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/18/09 04:52 PM

Not that it's a big deal, but I wonder how accurate this is. For instance, I KNOW I have read that John Travolta was half Italian and half Polish. Here he's shown as half Italian and half Irish.
confused

TIS
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/18/09 06:54 PM

The Jews think they have a lot.

Ok, so what exactly is your point? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this subject?

confused
Posted By: olivant

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 02:08 AM

Not that it's a big deal, but I wonder how accurate this is. For instance, I KNOW I have read that John Travolta was half Italian and half Polish. Here he's shown as half Italian and half Irish.
confused

TIS

TIS, all the sources I've looked at state that he's half Irish through his mother.

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 08:48 PM

Don Cardi,

I'm shocked and puzzled at the fact a person would even ask that question. I wasn't trying to make a point. Just showing people the cool wiki page I came across the other day, and as TIS said showing that ITALIANS RULE!!

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 09:00 PM

Don Cardi,

I'm shocked and puzzled at the fact a person would even ask that question. I wasn't trying to make a point. Just showing people the cool wiki page I came across the other day, and as TIS said showing that ITALIANS RULE!!

I think it might have something to do with how you phrased it, DiMaggio: "The Jews think they have a lot."

Now I'm sure that you probably meant nothing by it, but it comes off as a bit confrontational, almost as if you're trying to provoke Jewish people. And there are plenty of Jewish members on these boards who may take offense to such a statement.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 09:14 PM

"The Jews..."

Which ones think they have a lot? tongue

Ethnic territorialism. All members of the board get into your groups and we shall have a big fist fight. No kicking allowed.
Posted By: SC

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 09:17 PM

I say we kick the shit out of the cavemen (being, oh so, politically correct).

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 09:19 PM

Let's kick the shit out of the Scientologists. You guys beat Tom. I'll have my way with Katie.

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
"The Jews..."

Which ones think they have a lot? tongue

Ethnic territorialism. All members of the board get into your groups and we shall have a big fist fight. No kicking allowed.

clap clap

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 10:11 PM

I must admit, I too am kind of surprised by Cardi's reaction too. confused Or, maybe I'm misunderstanding something. confused

A couple years ago I started a thread (although not the same title as this. Is that the issue, the title?) a thread on Italian American entertainers with a different link (I'll see if I can find it).

As for my comment...call it ethnic pride to be taken as such and nothing more. smile I mean out here there is Mexican pride, gay pride, Black Pride....so hell yea, I say "I'm proud of my heritage as much as anyone is of theirs. Doesn't mean I'm any better, just a proud Italian that's all.

TIS

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 10:36 PM

I must admit, I too am kind of surprised by Cardi's reaction too.

I mean out here there is Mexican pride, gay pride, Black Pride....so hell yea, I say "I'm proud of my heritage as much as anyone is of theirs. Doesn't mean I'm any better, just a proud Italian that's all.

TIS

I agree and feel the same way..

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 10:39 PM

With a name like Don Cardi you'd think he would be proud too.

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 10:53 PM

I think the issue was the statement, "The Jews think they have a lot," which is presumptuous, pejorative and loaded with oneupmanship.

(I'm not saying it wasn't meant in jest.)

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 10:57 PM

You know Capo, re-reading, yea I think you may be right. It didn't hit me that way, but then, I quickly read the opening sentences and then looked at the list of names. ohwell

TIS

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 10:58 PM

Whatever the case, be proud of your ethnicity and heritage!

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 11:07 PM

It didn't hit me that way.

TIS

You're correct again. I have many Jewish friends who always tell me that they run the world, and control the entertaintment indestry. I didn't mean any harm by the post. Lighten up folks.

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
I say we kick the shit out of the cavemen (being, oh so, politically correct).

You still have some caveman friends around SC?? tongue lol Ha ha ha ha....I'm learning from the master.

TIS
Posted By: olivant

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/19/09 11:31 PM

Of course, one of the things that really can't be portrayed on this Board through our typing is voice intonation, facial expression, jest, etc. How about if we all go to Cams? Perhaps the Board monitors will purchase and mail them to us, we'll hook them up, then ???????????

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/20/09 12:33 AM

All members of the board get into your groups and we shall have a big fist fight. No kicking allowed.

I choose the truck driver.

wink

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/20/09 12:44 AM

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/20/09 12:49 AM

And that's what all you guys will look like when I finish wooping you. lol

TIS

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/20/09 12:51 AM

lol

No wonder why he came after you!
Posted By: Fame

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/20/09 01:43 AM

If jews and italians think that owning Hollywood is something to be proud of.....then I'm truly happy I'm neither grin

Maybe back in the 40's or 50's when Hollywood had heart and art....but nowadays when it's all cash and flash?

I think I'd much rather own Bollywood.

Sorry Dimaggio, but I loved your "Sophia Loren is so pretty, italian women are the prettiest" argument a lil more than this one. I'm actually dating an italian girl right now, and she truly is a masterpiece smile

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/20/09 02:49 AM

Please let's not have another GBB pissing contest:

Jews founded Hollywood and dominated the studios for decades. The reason was simple: immigrants like Mayer, Zuckor and Goldwyn found an opportunity that was open to them while others were closed to them due to bigotry, lack of education, etc. There were plenty of Jewish actors, too--once you dug behind the Americanized stage names they adopted. The successes Jews enjoyed attracted other Jews for the same reasons, and they helped each other out. That is a time-honored American tradition. It's why Koreans today predominate in greengroceries and nail salons everywhere in America; and why East Indians dominate in gas stations and motels in the Middle Atlantic and Southern states. Plenty of other examples, too.

Today corporations (sometimes foreign) own Hollywood, though there are still plenty of Jews involved in production and distribution companies, talent agencies, etc. Not so many Jewish actors, as opportunities have opened up in other fields.

Italian actors? Of course! Italy has the strongest artistic tradition of any European nation, and that includes the performing arts. It carried over into the Italian-American community--look how many Italian singers there are in every genre: opera, pop, rock, jazz, etc. Why not Italian actors?
Posted By: Fame

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/20/09 03:14 AM

If anyone is interested in some of the history then I highly recommend a great documentary called "MGM: When the Lion Roars". It's a three-part series about the history of MGM.

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/20/09 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Fame

Sorry Dimaggio, but I loved your "Sophia Loren is so pretty, italian women are the prettiest" argument a lil more than this one. I'm actually dating an italian girl right now, and she truly is a masterpiece smile

Sofia still is hot..

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/21/09 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Jews founded Hollywood and dominated the studios for decades. There were plenty of Jewish actors, too--once you dug behind the Americanized stage names they adopted. The successes Jews enjoyed attracted other Jews for the same reasons, and they helped each other out.

You sure about this TB?

VITO CORLEONE : this -- Hollywood bigshot's gonna give you what you want.

JOHNNY FONTAINE : It's too late, they start shooting in a week

VITO CORLEONE : I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

WOLTZ : I don't care how many - - daigo guinea WOP greaseball gumbahs come out of the woodwork! Johnny Fontane comes along with his olive- oil voice, and guinea charm. And if that gumbah tries any rough stuff...

wink

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/23/09 12:37 AM

From The Movie Gotti

Angelo Ruggiero "If I'm gonna go to a Doctor I'm gonna go to a Jew Doctor."

John Gotti "Jews, Italians, Ch$nks, Zulus, Sp$cks were all one race, would you stop it with that.

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/24/09 05:20 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_American_actors

From The Movie Gotti

Angelo Ruggiero "If I'm gonna go to a Doctor I'm gonna go to a Jew Doctor."

John Gotti "Jews, Italians, Ch$nks, Zulus, Sp$cks were all one race, would you stop it with that.

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/24/09 08:41 PM

DC, thanks for correcting my grammar! Cause I know you're not slow, most would know I meant we're all one race...........

Don't know why you keep quoting me, but I'm not a net banger if that's what you're about. If you disagree with me then It's all good, we can agree to disagree homeboy, but that's not the way I handle my business. I'm more of an in person G. For somebody who likes John Gotti you sure don't conduct yourself like a real real G. I promise I won't quote you anymore for sure. cool

Re: Italians Own Hollywood - 10/24/09 09:14 PM

DC, thanks for correcting my grammar! Cause I know you're not slow, most would know I meant we're all one race...........

Don't know why you keep quoting me, but I'm not a net banger if that's what you're about. If you disagree with me then It's all good, we can agree to disagree homeboy, but that's not the way I handle my business. I'm more of an in person G. For somebody who likes John Gotti you sure don't conduct yourself like a real real G. I promise I won't quote you anymore for sure.

Actually I did NOT correct your grammar.

However you started a thread pointing out that one ethnic group is more dominating than another in regarding hollywood. And then a few posts later you quote John Gotti in trying to convey that we are all one race. Quite interesting. wink
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET