Home

New Season of " At The Movies"

Posted By: FredoCorleone

New Season of " At The Movies" - 09/05/09 03:30 PM

A new season of at the movies premiering tonight. I cant wait. The 2 previous hosts, the 2 Bens, are getting replaced by Micheal Phillips and AO Scott. I never watched the format with the 2 Bens, I'd watched clips w/ Siskel and Ebert, theyre before my time. Theyre great. What do you think of the new hosts, any thoughts?
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: New Season of " At The Movies" - 09/06/09 02:42 PM

I don't think I ever watched 'At The Movies' again after the death of Gene Siskel. Not purposely because I couldn't bear to watch Ebert without him, but there was simply never a desire to tune in again. (I remember for a time during his illness, Siskel actually did the show w/ Ebert by telephone!)

They had a great chemistry. It was because of their review that specifically decided to see 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Fargo', two films which I probably never would've considered otherwise.

But life goes on...am sure Phillips & Scott will do just fine in their seats at the movies.

Apple
Posted By: FredoCorleone

Re: New Season of " At The Movies" - 09/06/09 08:18 PM

I agree, its a shame w/ the permanent loss of Eberts voice there will probably never be another show with Ebert.
Also, Ebert did an episode with Scorsese once, where they list there top movies of the 90's, its one to watch.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET