Home

Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread.

Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/20/07 08:54 PM

Easily the best movie of 2006 and IMO the best movie of the 21st Century. It is incredible realy well made and i would advice a lot people to watch it.

Its a movie like no other.

Has anyone seen it?
Posted By: svsg

Re: Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/20/07 09:00 PM

I liked it very much. You should watch the extras in the DVD. It goes into the details of how makeup and special effects of the fawn. It also has interviews of the director along with Alfonso Cuaron and Alejandro Gonzales.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/20/07 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Zaf-the-don
Easily the best movie of 2006 and IMO the best movie of the 21st Century. It is incredible realy well made and i would advice a lot people to watch it.

Its a movie like no other.

Has anyone seen it?

I saw it and wasn't a fan. My favorite movie of 2006 was SIN CITY but PAN'S nowhere close to being the best movie of the 21st century

Re: Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/20/07 11:44 PM

What didnt you like about it Irishman12?

I'm also thinking of buying the DVD, so i'll check the extras out. Thanks for the info svsg.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/20/07 11:51 PM

I was under the impression the film was fantasy, like a LORD OF THE RINGS or HARRY POTTER and it's not. It's a period piece with about 10% of it being actual fantasy. True I do need a reviewing, but I wasn't that impressed the first time around.

Also, and I know this isn't the films fault, but I'm tired of people coming into Blockbuster wanting to exchange the movie because it's "in subtitles" Seriously, grow the f*ck up people and read
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/21/07 06:17 AM

I loved this movie! I only watched it once, but I intend to buy it on dvd eventually and watch it a few more times at least. Like Irishman I also thought it was more of a fantasy movie before seeing it. But I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it wasn't so much.

Did you just watch it for the first time Zaf?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/21/07 10:34 PM

It's a visually rich, finely edited, fierce allegory juxtaposing the imagination of youthful innocence against the harsh realities of life - self-reflexively, it's about escaping into one's own askew vision of the world, and the audience itself is swept along into the film. Or that would be the hope.

It's a fantastic, fantastic film.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/22/07 02:08 AM

The best part of that film is at the end, when the step father is running through the maze and finds the girl, in your mind you want the guy to see the fawn but in reality you know he won't. It was a very well made movie.

Re: Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/22/07 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
I was under the impression the film was fantasy, like a LORD OF THE RINGS or HARRY POTTER and it's not. It's a period piece with about 10% of it being actual fantasy. True I do need a reviewing, but I wasn't that impressed the first time around.

Also, and I know this isn't the films fault, but I'm tired of people coming into Blockbuster wanting to exchange the movie because it's "in subtitles" Seriously, grow the f*ck up people and read

Its understandable, i hate fantasy movies in general so i didnt have high expectations for this but it suprised me, definitly with the war story.

Re: Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/22/07 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
I loved this movie! I only watched it once, but I intend to buy it on dvd eventually and watch it a few more times at least. Like Irishman I also thought it was more of a fantasy movie before seeing it. But I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it wasn't so much.

Did you just watch it for the first time Zaf?

Yep saw it on saturday and couldnt believe how good it was. Its trully a great movie.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Pan's Labyrinth appreciation thread. - 10/22/07 08:19 PM

Pan's Labyrinth is a great film that many people enjoyed. I tought the story was great. the special effects were amazing with the combination of cgi and traditional effects. I would recommend that any person see this film.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET