Home

Did Godfather Spoilt Pacino's Life?

Posted By: scarfacelondon

Did Godfather Spoilt Pacino's Life? - 12/22/06 12:52 AM

Hi guys, i havent been around for a year. Good to see that the boards is lively as ever.

After Godfather do you think people expected too much for him and because of the pressure he went into alcohol and drugs? and as he is remember by most people as Michael Corleone than Al PAcino, woudn't it be annoying for him.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Did Godfather Spoilt Pacino's Life? - 12/22/06 02:32 AM

A lot of actors go through that. They've gotta do their movie which puts them in the big leagues. Godfather was that movie for Pacino. I think Pacino's acted in enough roles, to where he's known as Pacino, not as Michael Corleone, not as Tony Montana. The fact that he's chosen to live the Hollywood lifestyle just contributes to his drug/alcohol abuse (it's a common thing). Godfather never "spoiled" Pacino's career, it only enriched it, and got the ball rolling. After directors see what you can do with one role, they'll want to see what you can do with others.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Did Godfather Spoilt Pacino's Life? - 12/22/06 03:00 PM

Pacino has been outstanding is so many roles since the Godfather, that I doubt he is specifically remembered as Michael Corleone only. I think he broke away from that early in his stellar performance in Dog Day Afternoon.

As for the booze and drugs, I guess in Hollywood it pretty much comes with the territory. I had a limited experience out there many years ago when I was helping a friend negotiate a screenplay. I was in Hollywood for about five days, and I can tell you that meetings starting at 9 in the morning had all the cocaine and bloody Mary's you wanted, and it went downhill from there. I saw every drug imaginable, and that was before the evening when the parties started. Frankly it was the most surreal and possibly the most unpleasant five days I have ever spent in my life.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Did Godfather Spoilt Pacino's Life? - 12/22/06 06:17 PM

Personally I think he is more well known for Scarface than as Michael Corleone. Whenever I mention Pacino to anyone they almost always say Scarface or Tony Montana, very rarely will they go to The Godfather.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Did Godfather Spoilt Pacino's Life? - 12/22/06 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: scarfacelondon
Hi guys, i havent been around for a year. Good to see that the boards is lively as ever.

After Godfather do you think people expected too much for him and because of the pressure he went into alcohol and drugs? and as he is remember by most people as Michael Corleone than Al PAcino, woudn't it be annoying for him.
Not to mention the fact that he's got a GREAT ASS!
Posted By: svsg

Re: Did Godfather Spoilt Pacino's Life? - 12/22/06 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Not to mention the fact that he's got a GREAT ASS!

Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: Did Godfather Spoilt Pacino's Life? - 12/23/06 02:13 PM

I never knew he had a drug problem!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET