Home

Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S.

Posted By: Don Andrew

Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/04/05 09:51 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051104/bs_nm/food_coke_dc

Good riddance. A&W Cream Soda for me.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/04/05 09:52 PM

WTF??? I love Vanila Coke. I don't drink much soda, but when I do, that was one of my favorites. Buffy won't be happy about that either, as I think that's her favorite as well.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/04/05 11:10 PM

It tasted like bad cream soda to me.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/04/05 11:23 PM

What the fuck. I love it. Well, there's still Pepsi Vanilla and vanilla shots at Johnny Rockets.
Posted By: SC

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/04/05 11:36 PM

No big deal for me. Having grown up in the age before the big soda makers tried to cash in on all these "additional" flavors I've learned to make my own (vanilla and cherry cokes). You simply need to buy Fox's U-Bet flavored syrups and add them to the regular coke. They come out better than the pre-bottled stuff anyway.
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/05/05 02:47 AM

Well, I finally put a post about another topic, I tried the Vanilla Coke when I was in USA since December to March, I didnĀ“t like it, I saw different stuff of Coca Cola, I love the classic coke, in my country Cherry Coke appeared in 1991 but it did not last very longer, when I drank Vanilla Coke I knew why it is not available in Argentina. I was lucky I just bought a small bottle if I had bought a big one...I would not have known what to do with the rest of the bottle! I cannot imagine in the future a Ketchup Coke, AAGGGH!!!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/05/05 03:12 AM

I'm with SC. No big deal for me either. I never cared for vanilla or cherry colas. I'm strictly a "Pepper" girl. Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too? Nevermind, I'm sure most won't get it. :p

TIS
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/05/05 04:49 AM

Noooooo! I loved Diet Vanilla Coke. That's one of my favorites!! But oh well, like SC said, I've been putting vanilla syrup in my Diet Coke for years... so all this changes is that it's just not as convenient anymore.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/05/05 01:13 PM

SC, I have to agree with you. Soda fountains were the best, and I loved cherry cokes. The only place you can still get an authentic cherry coke is at Johnny Rockets. It's the only time I break the "diet soda only" rule. It's so sweet, you can almost feel your teeth rotting with each sip. Heaven!!

Btw, my daughter's had no idea what a soda fountain was, alhtough they admired the concept. I had to explain that it really wasn't a fountain with soda coming out of it. Also, my dad was a pharmacist, so he used to work the soda fountain sometimes. He made the best egg creams EVER.

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/05/05 01:23 PM

Yea, I remember soda fountains. Many department/dime stores had them. They had a place here called Johnny B. Goode's which was 50's style booths, counters, and waitresses on roller skates . Of course they had jukeboxes too (thing of the past). It had a nice atmosphere. Unfortunately, it closed down.

TIS
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/05/05 02:02 PM

Thank God. Maybe this will teach Coke to stop bastardizing the original classic formula, which is of course superb by itself.

Though I have to admit I did like the lime variations, it saved me from having to go squeeze a real one for a cocktail. :p
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/05/05 03:45 PM

NO!!! They can't do this! I live off of this stuff... I once drank an entire 24 pack in a two hour period; I was wired.

Caffiene addiction. :p
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/05/05 06:45 PM

Cherry Coke (or Wild Cherry Pepsi, for an alternative) just seemed to be the *best* adulterated pop flavor. Lemon, lime, vanilla, berry blue, clear, one, whatever other names and changes they've made, the original Pepsi and Coca-Cola have always prevailed as the best tasting colas.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/05/05 11:28 PM

I love Vanilla Coke. Taking it away from the US and UK is a big mistake. Hopefully the company will realize this and bring it back. Hopefully this new stuff tastes decent.

When it comes to Cherry Coke: I'm not into cherry flavored anything. I like cherries, but much medication tastes like shit, and they're usually cherry-flavored. Now when ever I eat cherry ice cream, etc. I associate the taste with medication. It's nasty!
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/06/05 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
No big deal for me. Having grown up in the age before the big soda makers tried to cash in on all these "additional" flavors I've learned to make my own (vanilla and cherry cokes). You simply need to buy Fox's U-Bet flavored syrups and add them to the regular coke. They come out better than the pre-bottled stuff anyway.
Agreed. I like Vanilla Coke and some of the other specially flavored sodas, but its no big deal that Coke will stop producing it here in the states. Before Vanilla Coke was introduced here, if I wanted to add flavor to my cola, I'd use syrups, as mentioned above. And SC is right, it does taste better, much better.
Posted By: marlon

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/06/05 03:05 AM

Drink Dr. Pepper 10 2 4
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/06/05 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I'm with SC. No big deal for me either. I never cared for vanilla or cherry colas. I'm strictly a "Pepper" girl. Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too? Nevermind, I'm sure most won't get it. :p

TIS
Yes TIS That's all I would drink in high school was Pepper. Now I'm more of a Code Red kind of girl. I won't lose any sleep if they get rid of Vanilla Coke. Never liked the stuff.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/06/05 05:05 PM

Anyone ever have Mr. Pibbs?? It's impossible to get in NY, but my nephew goes to college in Virginia, where my brother will stock up for the ride home.
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/06/05 05:18 PM

cherry coke was my favourite...but hopefully here in canada they will continue with the vanilla coke, i mean it was definatly a welcomed change. hell i remember the first one i bought, i was in a subway! lol.
Posted By: Mad Johnny

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/06/05 05:24 PM

Mr. Pibb is the knock off Dr. Pepper. Certain restaurants had it when I was a kid.

Braum's Special, Texas Fizz, The Skipper, Mr. Sipp, Mr. Pig and Mr. aahh! are all knock offs of Dr. Pepper.

Long live the Dr.

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/09/05 12:51 AM

Alright, so, I think I've made my peace with Vanilla Coke.

I just went to the local market and purchased every 12-pack they had on the shelf.

$70 well spent.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/09/05 01:04 AM

Good for you LLC, and most of them will go bad after a week unless you binge over a few nights. :p

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/09/05 01:39 AM

Oh, I've done worse.

Doesn't soda stay good so long as you keep the cans sealed?

Ah, what the hell, tape-worms are fun.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/10/05 03:28 PM

I never had it, so I guess I wont miss it.
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/10/05 06:46 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh, VANILLA coke?? I thought it was CHERRY coke. PHEW! Thank GOD.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 11/23/05 02:51 PM

Dang it, I guess I'm the only one in America that likes it. Next time I go to the store I'm going to stock up on it. I'll be like Elaine and the sponge on Seinfeld. If someone wants one I'll have to determine if the they are worthy. ha ha.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 09/01/07 10:13 PM

I just noticed this old thread... Almost two years later and I can still get Vanilla coke. I just bought a 12-pack a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad I missed this thread originally so I didn't get upset because I love this stuff!

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 09/01/07 10:24 PM

You know another soda I always liked but haven't seen it since I moved to California? RC Cola. Do they still make it? I assume, if they do, it's in the Midwest/East coast because I don't think I've ever seen it here. Anyway, I did like that soda as well. \:\)

TIS

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 09/01/07 10:25 PM

They still have RC here. I had one a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty sure we still have Vanilla coke too.

Also remember Tab?

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 09/01/07 10:26 PM

Yea Tab! Ha ha. Do they still make that? One calorie if I'm not mistaken right? \:\)

TIS

Btw, RC Cola.....'royal crown" cola no???? Don't know why that popped in my head. \:\)

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 09/01/07 10:34 PM

I remember the Tab commercials. Tab 1 calorie...water 0 calories. I think it does stand for Royal Crown, not sure. I think now it's considered more or less a "generic" brand. You can find it with the cheap sodas.

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 09/01/07 10:47 PM

When I was a kid, Sunday was the only day we could have soda. Then it was a very generic brand of "SunGlo" or something like that.

TIS

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 09/01/07 10:58 PM

Yeah RC Cola used to be here in California TIS, but I have only seen it with the cheap generic sodas the last couple of times I've seen it.

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 09/01/07 11:04 PM

Thanks Bibble! Don't know why, but I never took it as a cheapo!

Changing the subject BB, it's 106 today in SoCal. \:o I'm thinking seriously about an ice cream float......with Dr. Pepper of course!! ;\)

TIS

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 09/01/07 11:08 PM

ahh, an ice cream float sounds really good! It's not so hot here today, but it's still 83 degrees. I might have to run to the store. I've never had it with Dr. Pepper before, only Root Beer.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Coca Cola to Dis-continue Vanilla Coke in U.S. - 09/19/07 05:20 PM

Here RC costs almost the same as Pepsi and Coke.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET