Home

but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good

Posted By: getthesenets

but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 06/03/16 03:34 PM

How do you guys(and gals) feel about pork?

Mark Essig-

Lesser Beasts The Humble History of the Pig

podcast interview
http://radiowest.kuer.org/post/history-humble-pig-1

*title of the thread is from diner scene between Travolta and Jackson in Pulp Fiction, NOT my thoughts about swine.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 06/03/16 06:26 PM

I went into a pizza place and saw a gypsy paid the pizza guy to cook a pig in his pizza oven.

I never had that before so after it was cooked he gave me a piece. That pig tasted great.

I never had it again I guess because I favor lasagna.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 06/03/16 07:46 PM

Foot,
did they put the apple in the pig's mouth? like in the cartoons?

When I was in the 2-3rd grade...I decided that I wasn't gonna eat pork anymore. Kids at school didn't eat pork and had adopted "Muslim" names...so I wasn't gonna eat pork either.

Next time my mom served pork..I said at the dinner table that I don't eat pork. My father gave me a stare ....almost scared the soul out of me and needless to say, I snapped out of that nonsense instantly.

Re: but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 06/05/16 12:54 PM

When my friend open his first Italian deli in east Harlem. He hired a child hood friend Johnny bell to work their. Bell was a black man who would fight with the Italians he even spoke some Italian.

He told my friend the store needed Moslem food in the store. Beside the Italian stuff. Plus the Italian stuff was kind of expensive for the neighborhood.

Turns out they did not buy the Moslem stuff they wolfed down the Italian stuff even though it was pricey.
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 06/09/16 01:15 AM

Never a huge fan of bacon. Pork shops are always good spiral ham during the holidays is always one of my favorites.

Recipe for Coconut bacon for anyone looking to try something different
http://cookieandkate.com/2014/how-to-make-coconut-bacon/
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 06/09/16 07:16 AM

Love the swine..I've attened a pig roast every year as long as I have been alive...You're not a man until you eat the eyeballs, no joke.

Re: but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 06/10/16 07:47 AM

In Rao's years a go you could by gabuzell the head of a sheep or a lamb. People ate everything even the eyes
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 06/15/16 06:10 PM

Gave up pork for 3 years to prove I could. Am not and was not Muslim but knew a few in college and agreed with their opinion of pig meat. But so many Italian and other common (to me) dishes are pork based, so once the three years were over, I went back.

Also gave up alcohol for three years. That was much easier than giving up pork.

And intended to give up soft drinks for three years, but had no desire to go back after. Will be off them 9 years October.

Re: but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 06/16/16 10:44 AM

I gave up soda because I have to take a piss 7 times at night before I stopped having it. Now I am down to 3 or four times a night smile

Gave up booze and Coke decades ago. Big personality change after quitting. As soon as my wife dies I will be going back to it.

Thank god I still can eat pasta and still like have sex. I like having both in the middle of the night not at the same time. Right after one comes the other that maybe be why I piss so much at night.
Posted By: rickydelta

Re: but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 06/16/16 10:50 AM

Pork Taste Good grin
Posted By: olivant

Re: but bacon tastes good,pork chops taste good - 07/01/16 12:59 AM

I just ate a panini with bacon on it. It's the first bacon I've eaten in about 20 years. Not bad, but bad!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET