Home

Chicken Parmesan

Posted By: dontommasino

Chicken Parmesan - 05/31/12 01:43 PM

Been to a few restaurants up here lately (one Quasi-Italian and one not) serving Chicken Parmesan where the Chicken was deep fried. Now, I'm not Italian or anything, but I always gathered that the chicken is better baked? Or is it a combination of the two? I can't say I particularly enjoyed the chicken deep fried.

I also like a place that gives me the option of pasta alfredo instead of just pasta with tomato sauce.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 05/31/12 04:20 PM

It should be egged, breaded, lightly fried, then finished in the oven. But to be honest, I think chicken parmigiana is an American concoction anyway. I've seen eggplant parmigiana in Italy, but I can't recall ever seeing chicken or veal parmigiana. I think it was the Italian Americans who turned those dishes into the restaurant staples that they are today.
Posted By: SC

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 05/31/12 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dontommasino
I also like a place that gives me the option of pasta alfredo instead of just pasta with tomato sauce.

Try an Italian restaurant.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 05/31/12 06:20 PM

I agree. I guess some people think you can just cover anything with sauce and cheese and that's Italian! Madonne! That happened to me the other day when I ordered a pasta sampler: runny sauce and a thick covering of cheese. Since someone else was paying for it, I just ate and didn't say anything.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 05/31/12 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I think chicken parmigiana is an American concoction anyway. I've seen eggplant parmigiana in Italy, but I can't recall ever seeing chicken or veal parmigiana.

Looks like you've hit the nail (or the chicken) on the head. Here's an article that goes into a bit of detail about the dish:

Wikipedia - Parmigiana

Signor V.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 05/31/12 06:26 PM

It's true. Chicken Parm is an Italian-American dish, but when it's made, it should be only lightly fried, then put in the oven.

My brother-in-law had a restaurant for years in Bayonne, and there was no parmigiana anything on his menu.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET