Home

Pasta and Beans (Pasta e Fagioli)

Posted By: furio_from_naples

Pasta and Beans (Pasta e Fagioli) - 03/09/12 11:45 AM

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pasta-and-beans-pasta-e-fagioli-recipe/index.html

Total Time: 42 min.Prep20 min. Cook22 min.
Yield:4 servings .Level:Intermediate

Ingredients
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
3 peeled plum tomatoes, crushed, from a can
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 to 3 cups cooked cannelloni beans, cooking water reserved
1 pound cooked ditalini pasta, cooking water reserved

Directions

In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the oil, garlic, and hot pepper flakes over medium-low heat. As soon as the garlic begins to color, add the tomatoes and salt. With a wooden spoon, break up the larger pieces of tomato. Increase the heat slightly and sizzle for about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked beans and enough bean water to cover. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta and simmer gently over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add reserved pasta water if necessary.

a good song to listen , while you prepare the recipe.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Pasta and Beans (Pasta e Fagioli) - 03/09/12 04:41 PM

Here's a little something my mom taught me. Reserve about 1/4 of your beans, mash them into a paste, and add that in with the tomatoes. Gives it a lovely taste.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Pasta and Beans (Pasta e Fagioli) - 03/09/12 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Here's a little something my mom taught me. Reserve about 1/4 of your beans, mash them into a paste, and add that in with the tomatoes. Gives it a lovely taste.

We do the same thing, Babe. Sometimes my Mom would put a whole potato in with the beans while they cooked, then when the beans and potato were cooked through, she'd take out half the beans, skin the potato, mash them together, then return them to the pot. It was so thick it was almost more of a stew than a soup. And if you can find one, try throwing a prosicutto bone and/or prosciutto skins in with the beans while they cook. The flavor they impart is fantastic.

Re: Pasta and Beans (Pasta e Fagioli) - 03/09/12 04:53 PM

No prosciutto on Lenten Friday!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Pasta and Beans (Pasta e Fagioli) - 03/09/12 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
No prosciutto on Lenten Friday!

Well I didn't mean today lol.

Now I'm not bringing you any butternut squash soup from the Black Whale tonight tongue.

Re: Pasta and Beans (Pasta e Fagioli) - 03/09/12 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Now I'm not bringing you any butternut squash soup from the Black Whale tonight tongue.

No soup for me??? cry

Can I still have the creme brulee?
Posted By: Marcus555

Re: Pasta and Beans (Pasta e Fagioli) - 07/17/13 11:35 AM

It is a good recipe to make a mixed pasta and beans dish.
I like this recipe because it has something new for me.
I will try this recipe on coming Sunday.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET