Home

Weirdest Pizza Toppings

Posted By: Don Cardi

Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/09/08 11:29 PM

HAPPY MEAL PIZZA :

JAPANESE MEGA PIZZA - Hot dogs wrapped in bacon and rolls of molten cheese. The center is built with hamburgers, cheese rolls, sausage, bacon, ham, bacon bits, mushroom, onion, pepper, garlic and tomato sauce. The pie also comes with two toppings -- ketchup and maple syrup :

FRIED EGG PIZZA :

SQUID INK PIZZA :

PICKLE PORT AND GRAPE - This grape-and-pickle pizza is made with port wine and gorgonzola cheese :

CHOCOLATE- Marshmallows and dark chocolate/ Smores :

Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/10/08 12:26 AM

As disgusting as it sounds, I have to admit that I like that gross ham and pineapple "Hawaiian" pizza. Have you ever seen one of those?
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/10/08 12:54 AM

I don't remember if I've ever had a "Hawaiian" pizza or not. But hey I'll try anything once.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/10/08 01:07 AM

...and I thought that putting extra-sharp Cheddar cheese on my pizza was strange...
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/10/08 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
As disgusting as it sounds, I have to admit that I like that gross ham and pineapple "Hawaiian" pizza. Have you ever seen one of those?

Not weird at all, it's normal. I don't like it though.

I like chicken with BBQ sauce pizza though.
Posted By: JRCX

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/10/08 02:55 AM

Hawaiian Pizza is common around here... but I have to admit, I was in Sicily during Ferro Agosto (Acension of Mary to Heaven), huge fireworks display, they carry the huge Statue of Mary thru the streets and the "vendor food" was "piccolo pizza and they had cooked egg on it (that looks fried in the above pic, this was somehow cooked in it, maybe even hard boiled, I forget now), it was delicious from what I remember. $1 each too! I am going back to the 1990s but $1 for anything is cheap even back then!

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/10/08 07:46 PM

When I was in Palermo, my brother in-law and I ordered a couple of pizzas one afternoon and one of them had these mini hot dogs on it. At first we were like \:o but when we tasted it, it was actually pretty damn good!

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/11/08 03:46 AM

I am willing to bet it was closer to sausage than hot dogs?? Or did they see the "americani" coming and decided to make you feel at home? LOL.

A GREAT place which is no longer there was a half flight down below the street on West 24th Street in Chelsea (Manhattan) -- they had a pie for every famous mafiosa actor -- the DeNiro, The Pesci (fish), but my all time fave was the Pacino which had fresh mozzarella and sweet roasted peppers, Pacino himself was in there every so often... why places like that go out of business when others flourish, I have no idea... they had (at that time) the very best pizza in all of Chelsea if not one of the top 10 in Manahattan.

Speaking of Lent (in a previous post), my mother would often substitute pepperoni on the homemade pizza for sliced black olives... still one of my faves. I am pretty simple, I don't go for these ziti/cajun/buffalo chicken slices, I am a purist... about as crazy as I get is the "white" ricotta slice every once in awhile.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/11/08 01:14 PM

That's just using a pizza base for a plate!
Posted By: scollia

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/12/08 03:33 PM

The chocolate pizza is actually more of a dessert concept .. I've heard that the egg pizza isn't too bad .. Hawaiian pizza is freaking awesome.

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/14/08 03:23 AM

On one of those food shows (Travel Channel I think) one of the famous NYC pizzerias had a baby clam pizza, it was loaded with them, that looked delicious!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/14/08 04:49 AM

I tried a shrimp scampi pie from a local pub that makes pretty damn good pizza... but this particular "special" was a total disaster! \:\/ I'll stick with their awesome vodka sauce pie or cheese steak pizza
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/14/08 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

That's just using a pizza base for a plate!

I agree. Those aren't pizzas. I'm sure the Napolitans would spew olive oil if someone asked them what they thought of those....things.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/14/08 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: JRCX
On one of those food shows (Travel Channel I think) one of the famous NYC pizzerias had a baby clam pizza, it was loaded with them, that looked delicious!

My favorite local place for a slice is called Louie and Ernie's, on Crosby Avenue, here in the Bronx. They've been making a baby clam pie for years. It is absolutely fantastic!

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/14/08 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

My favorite local place for a slice is called Louie and Ernie's, on Crosby Avenue, here in the Bronx.

I remember seeing a show on the foodnetwork that showed a pizza place in the Bronx that is known for their Godfather pie. Is that the same place PB?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Weirdest Pizza Toppings - 03/15/08 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

My favorite local place for a slice is called Louie and Ernie's, on Crosby Avenue, here in the Bronx.

I remember seeing a show on the foodnetwork that showed a pizza place in the Bronx that is known for their Godfather pie. Is that the same place PB?

That might very well be the name of it!

It's on the corner or Crosby and Waterbury, down the hill from Old Saint Raymond's cemetery. I'm going to pass by today to find out.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET