Home

Country-Style Tea Cakes [RECIPE]

Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Country-Style Tea Cakes [RECIPE] - 12/17/07 08:49 AM

I know I've mentioned these cookies a lot here, but I don't think I've posted the recipe yet.

Country-Style Tea Cakes

- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp. buttermilk or evaporated milk

Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla. Add one egg at a time. Beat well. Add part of the "dry ingredients" (flour, soda, & cream of tartar) then some milk, then more "dry ingredients" until all are used up. Beat well after each addition. Roll thin. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 350 degrees. (The recipe says 10-12 minutes, but I usually just keep checking them until they look done...just slightly brown, or sooner if you want them soft. If you make a double batch, you might need to mix each batch separately, or there will be too much dough.)

Confectioner's Icing for Cookies

- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 3-4 tbsp. evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients together. If you make 2 1/2 times this recipe, it should be the right amount to ice a double batch of the cookies. Add sprinkles, decor, etc. before the icing dries.

----------------

These are ones my parents made recently:

Unfortunately, they're early birds and I'm a night owl, so I didn't wake up in time to help them.

Posted By: klydon1

Re: Country-Style Tea Cakes [RECIPE] - 12/17/07 03:41 PM

They sound great.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Country-Style Tea Cakes [RECIPE] - 12/17/07 09:15 PM

Gina, I think that you should package and send a box of everything that you're baking for Christmas, and mail them to me along with one of your Godfather lawn decorations! ;\)
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Country-Style Tea Cakes [RECIPE] - 12/17/07 10:48 PM

DC, I'm posting the recipe so I don't have to make them for you! \:p ;\)

But of course, I'll send you some. Will it work to attach them in an email??

The Godfather lawn decoration! You still remember. My dad hasn't made any more of those, but he's made just about everything else. Our yard is covered in wooden figurines now - a full nativity scene, along with Santa, snowmen, nutcrackers, and angels. He's crazy!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET