Home

INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK

Posted By: dontomasso

INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/13/07 05:59 PM

I made a batch of this for thanksgiving. WARNING :: When you drink it you don't realize how potent it is.

Take a 1.75 liter bottle of Absolute and pour it into a large mason jar or somethig similar that can be sealed. Keep the bottle. Cut up about a dozen fresh figs in half and drop them in. Then add about eight cinnamon sticks. Seal the jar and put it someplace where you can see it. After a few days some of the figs are floating and others are not. A red color is rising from the bottom of the concoction. After about two weeks the whole thing should have a color darker than pink but lighterthan red. Let it sit another week.

After the third week, retrieve your old vodka bottle.

Open the jar and carefully remove the figs and cinamon sticks, and then run the liquid through a strainer into a large potcher. Then funnel it back into he Vodka Bottle. Best drunk straight up and a bit chilled.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/13/07 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
After the third week, retrieve your old vodka bottle.
I don't know how long your holidays last, but I could have done with a little notice. \:p

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/13/07 08:06 PM

You have time for New year's!
Posted By: Partagas

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/14/07 12:44 PM

I am curious. Obviously you did not think of this particuliar concoction -- think "hummmmmm, I wonder if I do this and this and this and say: "Hey this is the best" Or maybe you did.

However, what goes? What were the other trials and erors you found before this beauty and why these particuliar items?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/14/07 01:28 PM

Sounds like too much work and time to me. Enjoy though.

Speaking of holiday drinks, does anyone like eggnog?? Personally, I do, but I don't like any liquour in it. \:\/ Any kind of liquor in a milk product just don't seem to mix to me. \:\/

TIS
Posted By: Mignon

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/14/07 01:30 PM

Not me.

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/14/07 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Partagas
I am curious. Obviously you did not think of this particuliar concoction -- think "hummmmmm, I wonder if I do this and this and this and say: "Hey this is the best" Or maybe you did.

However, what goes? What were the other trials and erors you found before this beauty and why these particuliar items?

I got the recipe from the Bartender at a restaurant in NY
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/15/07 01:18 PM

Sounds tasty...if a little time consuming!
You would be awful thirsty after that long wait though ;\)
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/16/07 02:44 AM

You said you made it - cool. You said it was potent - great! But you didn't say if it was any good

Fresh figs, huh? I LOVE fresh figs!!! I remember enjoying my grandfather's fig tree when we were growing up. If all anyone's ever had were fig newtons and dried figs, they have absolutely NO idea how different and yummy real figs are. Not too easy to find around here, tho, let alone in the dead of winter. \:\( \:\/

Any particular reason to use Absolut? Did you use 80 or 100 proof? Ever try it with any flavored versions?

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/17/07 03:19 PM

Geoff, it is VERY good. I did not try this with a flavored vodka beause I was creating a flavored vodka!

I chose Absolut for two reasons: 1 It is what I usually have on hand, and 2) The guy who gave me the recipe said to use it. I suppose any vodka would do, but the cheaper less filtered stuff may be too harsh.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/21/07 09:45 PM

My husband made his own Limoncello and that was great. This year he tried vodka with cherries. He took a mason jar and filled it with bing cherries and then vodka. He left it for about two months. We did try to eat the cherries, but they were a bit rough to take. Anyway, he strained the liquor, which was a lovely crimson color, and then added a bit of simple syrup that he had cooked up. It's quite good.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/22/07 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
My husband made his own Limoncello and that was great. This year he tried vodka with cherries. He took a mason jar and filled it with bing cherries and then vodka. He left it for about two months. We did try to eat the cherries, but they were a bit rough to take. Anyway, he strained the liquor, which was a lovely crimson color, and then added a bit of simple syrup that he had cooked up. It's quite good.

It sounds really good. It's nice to have you back, SB. Merry Christmas. \:\)

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/22/07 08:01 PM

Thanks, Klyd!! Same to you and yours! I'll have a wee drop of that cherry vodka, and that will hopefuly help to tolerate Christmas with the in-laws!!!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/25/07 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
This year he tried vodka with cherries.

Yeah, I heard all about it, maybe I'll actually get to try it someday! \:p ;\)

I assume they were real, fresh cherries, right? Were they sliced or whole? I wanna try it myself...

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 12/26/07 07:38 PM

Hey, you got to try the Limoncello, didn't you?? \:p
We even sent you the recipe!! And you know you're always welcome at the Casa Babe. I mean, it's not every guest that almost puts out the host's eye, so why wouldn't we want you to come back, and as often as possible??

They were whole, fresh bing cherries. He did somethins similar with pineapple over the summer, but I don't remember if he used fresh or canned.
Posted By: JRCX

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 03/02/08 06:23 AM

My mother used to be able to peel an orange rind completely in one spiral slice, feed that thru the neck of a bottle of soli and you have an all natural stoli oranj -- you will even see the vodka turn an orangish color... but drink it within a week (that shouldnt be hard for some of us) because the longer its in there the more bitter the rind becomes!
Posted By: scollia

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 03/05/08 03:46 PM

Hmmm... not a bad idea...
Posted By: JRCX

Re: INFUSED VODKA HOLIDAY DRINK - 03/14/08 02:51 AM

Found a new vodka today: http://www.snowqueenvodka.com -- havent opened it to try it yet... its been a busy night lol.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET