Home

Olives and Oil - A healthy obsession.

Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Olives and Oil - A healthy obsession. - 09/08/07 11:50 AM

I am just obsessed with olive oil at the moment. Real quality EV oil. I add it to everything. And olives - Marone!! I was at an international market yesterday and bought a selection, some stuffed with garlic, some with peppers, lemon, tomato - all sorts.

Who's with me?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Olives and Oil - A healthy obsession. - 09/08/07 03:53 PM

I'm with you on the Olive Oil Turi.

As for the Olives, well I only like Black Olives. Don't really care for the other kinds.

Now, if you really love that stuff, you should treat yourself to a jar of Marinated Stuffed Cherry Peppers. Fresh Hot cherry peppers stuffed with prosciutto and provolone cheese soaked in olive oil.

Marinated Stuffed Cherry Peppers

Delicious!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Olives and Oil - A healthy obsession. - 09/08/07 03:58 PM

I love all kinds of olives, even the "raw" uncured ones.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Olives and Oil - A healthy obsession. - 09/08/07 04:46 PM

I like all kinds of olives as well, but prefer the marinated Greek Olives. I like the green ones too, but not as much. Give me olives, salami or pepperoni, and a fresh loaf of Italian bread and I can make a meal very easily. \:\)

TIS
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Olives and Oil - A healthy obsession. - 09/08/07 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I love all kinds of olives, even the "raw" uncured ones.

I has some in Spain last Sept... best olives I ever ate.

BTW I know we cannot "advertise" here, and I have no financial stale in this but for the absolute best internet selection of fint Italian olive oils, go to gustiamo.com
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Olives and Oil - A healthy obsession. - 09/09/07 09:24 PM

I found some good olive oil at Sam's Club of all places.

Omaggio
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Olives and Oil - A healthy obsession. - 09/10/07 04:25 PM

Olive Oil was Ok, a little skinny, but I guess that's how Popeye liked his women. I was more into Betty Boop.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil - the name is even great. Good stuff. And the whole olive is good too. Black ones are tasty. Love 'em in a pasta salad or sliced on a pizza. I like the green ones on a little stick submerged in vodka and vermouth. And of course the Greek olives (kalmata?). Wow, I'm salivating.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Olives and Oil - A healthy obsession. - 09/15/07 08:49 AM

We have olive oil by the gallon load and i adore all olives
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET