Home

Absinthe

Posted By: DonFerro55

Absinthe - 01/14/07 07:16 AM

Absinthe.

My buddy brought it pover from Czech Republic. I had eigh.t. I feel weirfd. Ceiling is sticky. Dog smells like rock face. Get me a tuna sandwich. This board is hard. Sorry for douchey thread. anyone else ever havoep thjuios hsit?

doc facee
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: DonFerro55
Absinthe.

My buddy brought it pover from Czech Republic. I had eigh.t. I feel weirfd. Ceiling is sticky. Dog smells like rock face. Get me a tuna sandwich. This board is hard. Sorry for douchey thread. anyone else ever havoep thjuios hsit?

doc facee

Apparently it did the job. Hopefully you'll be able to sleep it off tomorrow.

PS - I've always wanted to try it. And after seeing this... even moreso!
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 07:33 AM

I kind of would like to read an essay - no, a novel - by the Doc right now. That would make for some good literature.

Or is it...doc facee?
Posted By: bogey

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 08:24 AM

Wow, never had it.. but it looks like all kinds of fun, eh doc facee?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 11:50 AM

I have never had it, but your condition reminds of the time that Mr. Babe had some home-brewed Apple Jack at a friend's house. He smoked at the time, and when I spoke to him on the phone he was trying to light a cigarette. He dropped the cigarette, and said, S**t, hold on. I dropped my cigarette. Then, when he bent down to get it, he dropped his lighter and said, S**t, now I dropped my lighter. Hold on. He then retrieved his lighter, only to drop his cigarette again, which prompted another, S**t, hold on. I'm pretty sure that this particular game could've lasted all night if someone hadn't taken pity on him and lit it for him.

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 04:54 PM

SB - I thought you were gonna say that a fireball shot out of his mouth when trying to light the cigarette -- I've had moonshine
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 05:52 PM

I always wondered what percentage of the Gangster BB drunk posts were made by sober people.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 06:06 PM

Ive been drunk and whatever on these boards many a time

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 07:56 PM

hey folks

It's been a weird night.

Appearently, I spent the entire night at my buddy's house telling everyone to leave because the ceiling was slowly lowering itself and that it was so sticky that if we got stuck to it, we would never get down. So I ran outside and since I refused to come in, we played cornhole on the lawn. After we finished, I appearently kept telling my friend that I needed to paint him, not sure why, I can't paint for shit.

The thing was, it was such a clear, level-headed drunk that I had. We listened to music and just sat there and it seemed unreal. The Absinthe did not produce any woosey or normal drunk-like feelings, just clear-minded thoughts and we just sat there (until the ceiling tried to squish me). I was the designated preparer for the Absinthe because I'd had it once before, the legal american version, so I found myself making more drinks for myself (when would I get this chance again? I had to have as much as possible). When I hit my eigth, my buddies were on their forth. This turned out to be the best decision of the night (also the reason for my fear of the ceiling, I'm sure).

Everything was fine until lateer in the night when the Absinthe started to wear off and we switched to good-ol' Rum. That's when the pleasant feelings of the Absinthe turned into the ever-popular drunken hootnanny.

After that I lost track of time and space. I awoke this morning with a pizza in my bed with me (lets hope nothing happened and that I don't end up with little pizza rolls to care for in 9 months, though I already ate the pizza, is that cannbalism? What's the term for eating my own young?)

I didn't even remember this thread or making it. When I just turned on my comp, I saw this thread and thought, "Holy Shit! Someone else had Absinthe too!!!" Then I saw my post.

Oh well.

Bottom Line: If you ever get a chance, try Absinthe. It's not legal in the US or most of Europe, but you can find it in places around Europe and sparingly inside it too.

The Doc Facee
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 08:50 PM

You're falling ceiling remark reminded me of the time, many years ago, when I was slipped a hit of acid. (Yes, I didn't know it was slipped, I swear)

We were watching the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video and all I could see on the walls were Michael's demon eyes. When we went outside I swore the stars were smacking me in the face, and I was ducking for cover. I had no desire after that to be anywhere near that shit again.

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 08:54 PM

Sounds like a great time. Sticky ceilings are dangerous, for sure.

I awoke this morning with a pizza in my bed with me (lets hope nothing happened and that I don't end up with little pizza rolls to care for in 9 months, though I already ate the pizza, is that cannbalism? What's the term for eating my own young?)

I've totally done that. But it wasn't just any pizza, it was the "Big ass with cheese" (actual name you use to order it, oh how i love morgantown)

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: bogey
Sounds like a great time. Sticky ceilings are dangerous, for sure.

I awoke this morning with a pizza in my bed with me (lets hope nothing happened and that I don't end up with little pizza rolls to care for in 9 months, though I already ate the pizza, is that cannbalism? What's the term for eating my own young?)

I've totally done that. But it wasn't just any pizza, it was the "Big ass with cheese" (actual name you use to order it, oh how i love morgantown)

I'm just grateful I didn't wake up next to a "Big Ass" this morning. (Cheese not inlcluded)
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Absinthe - 01/14/07 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Vercetti
I always wondered what percentage of the Gangster BB drunk posts were made by sober people.

I made one drunk post and was somewhere between tipsy and drunk at the time.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Absinthe - 01/15/07 12:21 AM

The stuff tastes foul. It's legal here but it's something I'd avoid.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Absinthe - 01/15/07 12:50 PM

I had some vouchers to get one half-price in a nightclub before Christmas. The voucher had in big letters: "Strictly one voucher per person."
Posted By: JRCX

Re: Absinthe - 08/31/07 03:36 AM

The "real absinthe" hasnt been made in like 100 years, and, its illegal in france too, but like anything that is illegal, you have to know where to find it... they do sell a "revised" version of it here in the USA which does not contain the "poison" wormwood... and while it is higher in proof, this is how you do it: strainer over a glass with a sugar cube on top, pour in the absinthe, pour an equal amount of cold water over it, watch it change from bright clear green to white/milky light green, stir in remaining part of cube, drink... its great, just don't have more than one \:\)
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Absinthe - 09/05/07 03:33 PM

You can get the real thing in the E.U. these days.

Just remember, Absinthe makes the heart go founder.
Posted By: SC

Re: Absinthe - 09/05/07 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Just remember, Absinthe makes the heart go founder.

Re: Absinthe - 09/06/07 05:29 AM

Absinthe was featured in a 2004 Movie, Van Helsing... a nice fun view if you are up to it... lots of fluff, vampires, monsters, but good eye candy.. fun to watch, of course, over a glass of absienthe -- you can also catch an older Anthony Bourdain "No Reservations" episode on podcast for $2 where he explores this mythical and hisorical spirit \:\)

Re: Absinthe - 09/06/07 06:28 AM

When I saw this thread, I thought Ferro had returned. \:\(

Re: Absinthe - 11/13/07 01:22 AM

Good News - You can now get genuine Absinthe in the U.S. as of this year! (Many EU countries legalized it as well, as long as the "poison" level doesn't reach a certain point lol)

Lucid Absinthe Supérieure (French) and Kübler Absinthe Superieure (Swiss) have arrived in (so far) limited availability (Lucid is available in the NY/NJ/IL areas so far; I'm not sure about Kubler)

They both seem legit, and I've been wanting to try this stuff ever since I heard about it... pretty expensive, though -- but at least not nearly as bad as this! \:o

P.S. Here is a video demo on how to prepare it (ignore JRCX's method \:p )

Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Absinthe - 11/13/07 01:26 AM

at least its on sale for only $715/bottle...so how many bottles are you bringing to the next get together JG? ;\)

Re: Absinthe - 11/14/07 05:47 AM

Come to my house and enjoy it free... or, follow Geoff's method, overpay for the marketing ploy and enjoy the same experience... its a cool liquor, fun to enjoy, but let's not over do it.. even for alcohol-philes like myself, its just another spirit... explore Campari if you want some fun tasting, versatile combinations... Absinthe simply changes colors from clear light green to dark milky green when you add sugar and water -- wooowww woahhhh!!! give me real rare straight russian vodka any day!

Re: Absinthe - 11/14/07 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By: JRCX
give me real rare straight russian vodka any day!

That's why you buy the PEAR flavored shit?? \:p (Shush it, DMC! lol) ;\)

In any event... next get-together is at Justin's house!! Everyone's invited!! \:D

Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Absinthe - 11/14/07 03:55 PM

Just email me directions. I'm always up for a party!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Absinthe - 11/14/07 04:37 PM

Feel free to come pick me up
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Absinthe - 11/14/07 05:06 PM

and if you're getting Mig, you might as well drive a couple more hours to get me...

Re: Absinthe - 11/15/07 01:39 AM

Sounds like a good Idea to me LN.

Re: Absinthe - 11/15/07 05:38 AM

All are welcome... lets have a retro cocktail party for the holidays... what day is best? No shortage of drinks here!

Re: Absinthe - 11/15/07 05:59 AM

FREE BOOZE!!! WOOHOO!!!! \:D

Re: Absinthe - 11/15/07 06:22 AM

When are you picking me up Geoffy?
Posted By: chopper

Re: Absinthe - 11/15/07 07:08 AM

A couple of years ago we went on my mates stag party to prague when we arrived at the hotel we were all greeted with a shot of Absinthe it was that strong it nearly blew my balls off \:o

Needless to say it was a very Hazy weekend

Re: Absinthe - 11/15/07 07:20 AM

Yeah, well, we're not talking about amateur-hour kids-play drinking here... \:p
Posted By: chopper

Re: Absinthe - 11/15/07 07:36 AM

\:p
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET