Home

NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT

Posted By: dontomasso

NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/15/05 02:50 PM

TO Add Insult to injury Mark Winegardner is writing a sequel to the Godfather Retruns. It is The Godfather's Revenge. Purportedly it deals with the JFK assasination.
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/15/05 06:00 PM

Where did you learn that? is that true?
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/15/05 06:57 PM

unfortunatly it is true, they were talking about it on the nightly news a few nights ago. i wanted to badly to come on here, but my net is not working. but anyways, i felt sick when i heard the news anchor spit out those words. i haven't bothered buying the godfather returns, i wonder what makes him think that i, or any other person on here, will buy the godfathers revenge.

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/15/05 08:05 PM

It was in the NY Times today Sept 15th. I think it is oing to be out in the spring.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/15/05 09:02 PM

Will anyone read it?
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/16/05 12:17 AM

Um, f*ck no.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/16/05 05:45 AM

This has got to be a nightmare
Posted By: Joe Batters

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/16/05 04:56 PM

OH MY GOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Not another massacre and huge dark smear on the Godfather Classics Oh man what a disgrace somebodys needs to make Mr. Winegardner disapear

Joe Batters

Edited to format message box to size of page
Posted By: Joe Batters

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/16/05 04:57 PM

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD

Not another massacre and huge dark smear on the Godfather Classics Oh man what a disgrace somebodys needs to make Mr. Winegardner disapear

Joe Batters

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/16/05 08:41 PM

The Godfather`s Revenge?? Revenge of what??? hahaha
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/16/05 09:16 PM

Here's the NY Times article.

'The Godfather's Revenge': Strictly Business
By LAWRENCE VAN GELDER
Published: September 15, 2005
The Corleones are coming back. Using the assassination of President Kennedy as a plot element, a new novel by Mark Winegardner, who wrote the 2004 best seller "The Godfather Returns" with the permission of the estate of Mario Puzo, is in the works. G. P. Putnam's Sons, an imprint of Penguin Group U.S.A., expects to publish "The Godfather's Revenge" next year. In a statement, Dan Conaway, Putnam's executive editor, said that it was fitting that "'The Godfather's Revenge' overlays the resonant mythology of the Corleone family onto the most vexing real-life mystery of our age, with a story line that explores the role organized crime may have had in the assassination of a charismatic young president." end of article.

This guy gets picked again after bombing out with The Godfather Returns?

Plaw, why didn't you contact Random House! You coulda been a contenda!

You know what? Let's face it. Being the Godfather whores that we all are, you know damn well that we will all run out and buy this book when it comes out. Curiousity will get the better of us all. But look at it this way, Geoff can start a Godfather's Revenge Thread, and we will have another forum to go into to where we can rip the shit out of this book!

Don Cardi

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/16/05 09:18 PM

Hey, I wonder if Johnny Fontaine will be the one that befriends Kennedy the way Sinatra did in real life?

And maybe Fredo will have an affair with J Edgar Hoover!

DOn Cardi
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/16/05 11:27 PM

High-Class-league: GF I, GF II, GF (novel)

Class-League: GF III

No-Class League: GFR, GFRevenge

And that title !!!
What's next?
The Return of the GF.
The Godfather strikes back.
The Godfather, with a vengeance.
Posted By: Don Rypcord

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/17/05 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:

No-Class League: GFR, GFRevenge

And that title !!!
What's next?
The Return of the GF.
The Godfather strikes back.
The Godfather, with a vengeance.
The Phanton GodFather
Attack of the GodFathers
Revenge of the GodFather
A New GodFather
The GodFather Strikes Back
A NEW Return of the GodFather.

Yea..... this is pure bullocks.
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/17/05 03:37 PM

Oh good lord. Say it ain't so, please??! SOmeone PLEASE tell me this is a pretty late April Fool's joke.. someone.. please??

Here we go again...

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/17/05 09:15 PM

I know it sounds awful but I admit I will buy The GF Revenge(REVENGE OF WHAT????) when it comes even if it is bad like GF Returns, and I know all of you will.
Let´s see this in a good way, at least that is a fact that
good mafiosos will never die.
Even the writer is Mark Winegardner at least I feel good knowing there will be Corleones for a long time.
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/18/05 02:54 PM

I have to admit, I'll buy it. There is too little new Godfather stuff out there. I need a fix.

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/20/05 02:45 PM

Further Sequels will be:

Bride of the Godfather
Owen Wilson Meets the Godfather
Invasion of the Godfathers
The Godfather Goes to (Name the city)

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/20/05 05:04 PM

HAHAHA that`s right DON TOMMASO!!! the next one could be THE GODFATHER IN 21th CENTURY!!!

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/20/05 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
a new novel by Mark Winegardner, who wrote the 2004 best seller "The Godfather Returns"
Where was it a best seller ?

I will probably go out and buy this one also. But this time it might take longer than 8 months to read it. Why would the Puzo estate allow this again?

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/20/05 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
Further Sequels will be:

Bride of the Godfather
Owen Wilson Meets the Godfather
Invasion of the Godfathers
The Godfather Goes to (Name the city)
Or the Godfather meets Godzilla :rolleyes:
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/21/05 03:01 AM

What?! Are you kidding me?! This is insane! WE are the market for this thing, and in our book, this guy is worse than the devil! Who would actually publish this shit?
Posted By: Boondock

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/22/05 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:

No-Class League: GFR, [b]GFRevenge
[/b]
how can you possibly judge a book that hasnt be released :rolleyes:

i will most certainly purchase this book.
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/22/05 11:21 PM

I'll buy it too, but if it's anything like his last GF book it will suck. Besides just going with what we know about the general plot, I can tell he's just streaching to find something to write about.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/23/05 12:00 PM

The only way to stop this guy is to SHOOT him while he's buying some oranges!

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/23/05 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
[
Where was it a best seller ?

[/QB][/QUOTE]

It was a best seller in Wiengardner's immediate family.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/27/05 06:59 AM

Ok, I'll admit it that I'll have to buy it and read it, as soon as it comes out. :rolleyes:

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/27/05 06:39 PM

Posted on Fri, Sep. 16, 2005

'Godfather' saga back in hands of FSU prof

By Mark Hinson
DEMOCRAT SENIOR WRITER

The mob keeps pulling him back in.

Florida State University writing professor Mark Winegardner, who was thrust into the national literary spotlight when his best-selling "The Godfather Returns" was published in November, has inked a deal to write the next novel in the mafia saga. "The Godfather's Revenge" will be published by G.P. Putnam's Sons in the fall of 2006.

"I definitely always thought of this as a two-volume novel," Winegardner, 43, said Thursday. "There's a big block of time there in the middle of this multigenerational saga that's very fertile ground. ... With 'Returns' I was always writing toward a great cliffhanger ending. Now I'm writing a novel with the intention of really resolving things."

Mario Puzo published "The Godfather" with G.P. Putnam's Son in 1969. To date, it has sold more than 20 million copies.

"The Godfather" became part of American mythology with Francis Ford Coppola's screen version of the book in 1972. Coppola also directed "The Godfather, Part II" (1974) and "The Godfather, Part III" (1990).

In February 2003, after soliciting book proposals from numerous well-known writers around the nation, Random House announced live on "The Today Show" that it had hand-picked Winegardner to write the sequel to Puzo's novel.

"A writer at my stage of my career can't lose," Winegardner said at the time of the announcement. "If people like it ('The Godfather Returns'), great. If people don't like it, they'll just say, 'I can't believe they hired this idiot.' Whatever happens is that you move on and write more books, which I plan to do."

Obviously, people - and publishers - liked it.

"The Godfather Returns" filled in the blanks about what happened to the Corleones between 1955 and 1962. He also introduced readers to the new character Nick Geraci, an ex-boxer and brainy enforcer who became suspicious of Michael Corleone's motives as he expanded the Corleone crime empire west into Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe. "Returns" ended as Geraci was forced into hiding.

"The Godfather's Revenge" will cover the '60s and "maybe into the early '70s," Winegardner said. Geraci will be back, and adopted Corleone brother Tom Hagen will figure prominently in the plot. He said he also will address the mob's involvement in President Kennedy's assassination in 1963.

"I'm really not 100-percent sure where it's going to go, but that's part of the fun of writing a novel," Winegardner said. "I really want to write the book fast. As you get older, you get a little more precious with your writing, and I don't want to do that. There's something to be said for just letting it rip."

This fall, Winegardner is on a research sabbatical from his teaching post at FSU. He was hired at the university in 1997 as the director of the Creative Writing Program. He stepped down as head of the program to research and write "The Godfather Returns."

Winegardner said he plans to keep teaching at FSU in the spring even as he writes to meet deadline with "The Godfather's Revenge."

"I love my job. I love FSU ... I love what we've built (with the Creative Writing Program)," Winegardner said. "I'm planning to stick around."

Winegardner declined to say how much he was being paid by Putnam's.

"I'm not going to say what or how much it was, but everyone was pleased," he said.
To boot, Winegardner has written the script for the interactive video-game version of "The Godfather" that is expected to hit shelves early next year.

"I think they're really trying to do the game right, and it's taking longer than expected," Winegardner said.

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/28/05 02:40 AM

Why and how was this guy picked to write the books and the game?

I wonder how many times he has come to these boards to pick up pointers on the GF?

Don Cardi

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/28/05 02:42 AM

Quote:

I wonder how many times he has come to these boards to pick up pointers on the GF?
Apparently never, or the book would have been much better.

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/28/05 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]
Apparently never, or the book would have been much better. [/b][/quote]well i think he should start coming on here and picking up pointers...at least there would be the chance of a good book. help me obi-wan, your our only hope...cut off his head. lol. jk.

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/28/05 05:52 AM

Now the game will suck if he has something to do with it. :rolleyes:

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/28/05 11:12 AM

I believe that after The Godfathers Revenge, Mark is going to wirite another Book called:
The Godfather: From Sicily with Love!!!

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/28/05 04:11 PM

Turnbull, Plaw and Don Tommasso should write the book.

Don Cardi

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 09/29/05 08:07 AM

Quote:
Turnbull, Plaw and Don Tommasso should write the book.

you too Don Cardi !

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 10/01/05 04:36 PM

We would love to write it, now if someone could come up with that advance....

Re: NEW GODFATHER BOOK COMING OUT - 10/01/05 07:29 PM

hey i'd definatly love to help right a new godfather book, im sure i could be useful. but hey, they rather have people who don't understand the godfather, messing up the story line and the characters.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET