Home

it's a surprise

Posted By: mr. soprano

it's a surprise - 01/27/05 05:39 PM

so i walk into indigo today (canada's second largest bookstore) thinking i'd buy myself the godfather returns. when i walk to the section i find the hardcover only, and it's $40. i couldnt belive the price on the book. i ask if they have the paperback, and of course they don't. it isn't scheduled to come out at all, maybe in 6 months was her response. i quickly run over to see how much the godfather is, and was puzzled to see it at $7.95. i won't buy the godfather returns at such a high price. am i wrong to think this way? does it make me less of a fan because i choose not to buy a poorly written book for a high price? soothe me, please. lol.
Posted By: SC

Re: it's a surprise - 01/27/05 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
i won't buy the godfather returns at such a high price. am i wrong to think this way?
Absolutely not. If you want to read it, get it from a library. If you still want to buy it (being a fan), get a used copy online. I suspect there'll be A LOT of used copies being sold (cheaply).
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: it's a surprise - 01/27/05 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by mr. soprano:
[b]i won't buy the godfather returns at such a high price. am i wrong to think this way?
Absolutely not. If you want to read it, get it from a library. If you still want to buy it (being a fan), get a used copy online. I suspect there'll be A LOT of used copies being sold (cheaply). [/b][/quote]So tell me how much are you putting yours up for SC? This way we don't compete against each other!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: it's a surprise - 01/27/05 06:13 PM

Quote:
so i walk into indigo today (canada's second largest bookstore) thinking i'd buy myself the godfather returns. when i walk to the section i find the hardcover only, and it's $40. i couldnt belive the price on the book.
Why not buy it off of this site Mr. Soprano?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1400061016/theofficiamariop/103-6605739-8473402

Don Cardi
Posted By: JustMe

Re: it's a surprise - 01/27/05 07:08 PM

But why do you wish so much to buy it? I read the first chapter that was in the net and spoilers here and feel myself quite sick enough of it.
Posted By: Rudik

Re: it's a surprise - 01/27/05 10:22 PM

I got my copy at Wal- Mart for 17 dollars.
Posted By: Don Provalone

Re: it's a surprise - 01/28/05 05:46 AM

Quote:
so i walk into indigo today (canada's second largest bookstore) thinking i'd buy myself the godfather returns. when i walk to the section i find the hardcover only, and it's $40. i couldnt belive the price on the book. i ask if they have the paperback, and of course they don't. it isn't scheduled to come out at all, maybe in 6 months was her response. i quickly run over to see how much the godfather is, and was puzzled to see it at $7.95. i won't buy the godfather returns at such a high price. am i wrong to think this way? does it make me less of a fan because i choose not to buy a poorly written book for a high price? soothe me, please. lol.
Let's make a deal - You send us Canadian drugs and we will send you copies of GFR. Naw - we couldn't screw you like that - although it would move the US from a trade deficit to a surplus

Re: it's a surprise - 01/28/05 06:57 AM

that's funny provalone.

and i know it's not worth reading, or buying. but i still can't help my curiosity.
Posted By: SC

Re: it's a surprise - 01/28/05 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
So tell me how much are you putting yours up for SC? This way we don't compete against each other!
I won't sell mine. I might burn it, but I won't sell it.

Re: it's a surprise - 01/28/05 05:33 PM

are you trying to save people the pain of having to read that book sc?
Posted By: Beth E

Re: it's a surprise - 01/28/05 06:59 PM

My sister brought the book before Christmas. She put it down after the 2nd chapter and hasn't opened it back up since. She wants to know feedback on whether she should finish it. I guess the answer is no.
Posted By: goombah

Re: it's a surprise - 01/30/05 11:27 PM

Quote:
Just so you know, the hardcover is always the 1st release in the U.S. and at a higher price. The price you saw was too high, however. The paperback customarily arrives 6-8 months following the hardcopy. It's just standard in the U.S.
Posted By: Montauk

Re: it's a surprise - 03/19/05 01:17 AM

Your best bet would be to buy used. I got mine from Amazon at 7.98 (US). $40 bucks (US, Canadian or whatever) is wayyyyy too much for this substandard novel, unless there's an easy refund policy.

I've found that eBay and Amazon's New/Used section are the best ways to go in buying newer releases; so what there's a thumbprint on the inner cover or the jacket has a slight rip?
Posted By: Sonny Forelli

Re: it's a surprise - 03/20/05 04:21 PM

I bought mine for $40 Canadian but I had a $20 gift certificate from like two years ago, so i didnt blow all of my money
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET